[Product]  Level Chips

I am fortunate enough to be able to buy a Forneus from the booster 13 off of eBay. Not everyone is that fortunate. Don't be cruel to those people.

Whatever reasons TT have for the level chip scarcity, I do not accept those reasons as valid. It seems like the layers were intentionally designed with flaws for a level chip cash grab later on.
Just because you prefer hasbro doesn’t mean you aren’t a true fan. Plenty of kids don’t have the money to order tt bays from japan, and to those that say that hasbro beys are light and fragile, in my experience tt stuff actually tends to be more fragile, the metal on cho z layers gets loose and jiggles around a bit, the rails for the string launcher grips get worn out, and the handle for the string launcher gets chipped from hitting against the body of the launcher. Hasbro beys are lighter because that’s hasbros way of trying to balance out the meta. The hasbro names of beys May be weird, but I for one actually kind of like them, it’s always interesting to see how hasbro will change them. You may say that hasbro is incapable of making good stuff, but their golden string launcher that comes with the special xcalius is better, smoother, and more durable than any tt launcher so far from what I’ve heard.

Sorry for being off topic
I'm going to receive two 3D printed STEEL level chips soon.
But I only need one, so if anyone's interested, let me know. (I'm from Germany)
(Feb. 01, 2019  11:49 PM)Homax Wrote: I'm going to receive two 3D printed STEEL level chips soon.
But I only need one, so if anyone's interested, let me know.  (I'm from Germany)

If you have an official Level Chip, let us know if there is significant difference between that and a steel one.
(Feb. 01, 2019  11:49 PM)Homax Wrote: I'm going to receive two 3D printed STEEL level chips soon.
But I only need one, so if anyone's interested, let me know. (I'm from Germany)

I hope this doesn't damage anything.
[Image: nzdPK9r.jpg]

[Image: IFs0a4G.jpg]

3D printed Steel
Weight: about 4 grams (I don't have a fine scale)
But I only need one, so if anyone's interested, let me know.  (I'm from Germany)

I’m getting some Super Z layers soon, so I’d be down to try it out.
(Jan. 30, 2019  9:39 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I am fortunate enough to be able to buy a Forneus from the booster 13 off of eBay. Not everyone is that fortunate. Don't be cruel to those people.

Whatever reasons TT have for the level chip scarcity, I do not accept those reasons as valid. It seems like the layers were intentionally designed with flaws for a level chip cash grab later on.

But does the Level Chip actually have any significant effect? I mean it seems like TT made it mainly as a medal that you can put on your bey and that shows you have won a tournament or got a rare bey. It might have bit of effect on balance though but how much?

And I seen closely. It doesn't seem to have any contact with disk when bey is assembled. So it shouldn't on burst resistance either
(Mar. 03, 2019  2:49 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2019  9:39 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I am fortunate enough to be able to buy a Forneus from the booster 13 off of eBay. Not everyone is that fortunate. Don't be cruel to those people.

But does the Level Chip actually have any significant effect? I mean it seems like TT made it mainly as a medal that you can put on your bey and that shows you have won a tournament or got a rare bey. It might have bit of effect on balance though but how much?

And I seen closely. It doesn't seem to have any contact with disk when bey is assembled. So it shouldn't on burst resistance either

I guess that depends on the bey. I can somewhat see the difference in nature of the bey.

Even though I've never owned a cho z bey or level chip XD
Question, for Hasbro Level chips, will they be allowed onto TT beys (If Hasbro releases them in stock)?
(Mar. 03, 2019  9:53 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote: Question, for Hasbro Level chips, will they be allowed onto TT beys (If Hasbro releases them in stock)?

I’d say most likely not considering hasbro layers aren’t allowed to use TT level chips
(Mar. 03, 2019  2:49 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: But does the Level Chip actually have any significant effect? I mean it seems like TT made it mainly as a medal that you can put on your bey and that shows you have won a tournament or got a rare bey. It might have bit of effect on balance though but how much?

The effect does exist. The layers are slightly off-balanced, and the level chip does correct this flaw. This improves overall performance slightly in all areas. It's easiest to prove by doing solo spin tests, where I've noticed about a 5-10 second increase in spin time just by adding a level chip to any layer, which is a lot for just a small plastic chip.

This buff includes an increase to burst resistance, since off-balanced shaking does make it easier to burst as seen with the likes of Quarter, 1, and 1'.
(Mar. 03, 2019  2:49 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:

in addition to the aforementioned off-balance design as magik pointed out. I find that with certain layers like forneus and bloody longinus. A level chip reduces a gap between the disk and a cho-z layer. For example if you shake an assembled (TT) forneus combo with no level chip, the disk will rattle around noticeably. When a level chip is applied it takes the occupies the free space that the disk could "bounce" into, making it more stable, and not rattling nearly as much.

However with other cho-z releases I have found this effect to be negligible to non-existent depending on the thickness of the layer.
Are Hasbro level chips legal for Takara Tomy tournament play? Because i saw one that was supposed to come out with Hasbro Dead Hades.
Actually, how do you get an A1 level chips?
(Mar. 05, 2019  3:26 PM)XXSYPHERXX Wrote: Are Hasbro level chips legal for Takara Tomy tournament play? Because i saw one that was supposed to come out with Hasbro Dead Hades.
No. TT and Haasbro aren't allowed to cross with each other outside of disks and frames.

(Mar. 05, 2019  7:37 PM)DragonicMeister Wrote: Actually, how do you get an A1 level chips?
Sheer random luck.
(Mar. 06, 2019  1:22 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: [quote="XXSYPHERXX" pid='1501342' dateline='1551795972']
Are Hasbro level chips legal for Takara Tomy tournament play? Because i saw one that was supposed to come out with Hasbro Dead Hades.
No. TT and Haasbro aren't allowed to cross with each other outside of disks and frames.

Could you provide source for this? I haven't heard anyone say anything about if cross compatibility of level chips are legal or not
(Mar. 06, 2019  3:54 AM)TheGalaxyHeart Wrote: Could you provide source for this? I haven't heard anyone say anything about if cross compatibility of level chips are legal or not

The official Burst format rules specify that "You may not use TAKARA-TOMY Level Chips with Hasbro “Beyblade Burst Turbo” Energy Layers", and I'm presuming the opposite will also be true based on that. It's on Page 13 of the official rules document under the "Beyblade/Part-Specific Rulings" section if you wanna check that out yourself.
(Mar. 03, 2019  6:43 PM)Kry Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2019  2:49 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: But does the Level Chip actually have any significant effect? I mean it seems like TT made it mainly as a medal that you can put on your bey and that shows you have won a tournament or got a rare bey. It might have bit of effect on balance though but how much?

in addition to the aforementioned off-balance design as magik pointed out. I find that with certain layers like forneus and bloody longinus. A level chip reduces a gap between the disk and a cho-z layer. For example if you shake an assembled (TT) forneus combo with no level chip, the disk will rattle around noticeably. When a level chip is applied it takes the occupies the free space that the disk could "bounce" into, making it more stable, and not rattling nearly as much.

However with other cho-z releases I have found this effect to be negligible to non-existent depending on the thickness of the layer.

This doesn't necessarily have to do with the disc rattling. As seen with Right Artemis and Left Apollos, there is barely any disc rattling, if at all, and they're really unbalanced. Therefore, some layers probably have uneven metal placement.
It's in the rules for Beyblade standard format. Go read them. You can't use a TT level chip on a Hasbro layer, even though it fits.
If Hasbro were to release level chips that are identical to the TT level chips, 2 questions:

1) Would the cross-usage rules be updated to put TT/H level chips in the same group as discs/frames?
2) If the answer to 1) is 'Yes', with level chips having an additional acquisition method, would the "Limit 1 level chip per deck" rule be reviewed to allow no-limit LC usage?
(Mar. 06, 2019  10:56 PM)EmrysTal Wrote: If Hasbro were to release level chips that are identical to the TT level chips, 2 questions:

1) Would the cross-usage rules be updated to put TT/H level chips in the same group as discs/frames?
2) If the answer to 1) is 'Yes', with level chips having an additional acquisition method, would the "Limit 1 level chip per deck" rule be reviewed to allow no-limit LC usage?

1: If they were identical, maybe. That's something they'd have to review and decide.
2: No. Just like only one Metal God Chip was permitted in the deck in God, so too is one Level chip permitted within your deck. It's not an availability thing as much as it is restricting these sorts of "upgrade parts" to just one for deck format.

(Mar. 06, 2019  4:51 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: This doesn't necessarily have to do with the disc rattling. As seen with Right Artemis and Left Apollos, there is barely any disc rattling, if at all, and they're really unbalanced. Therefore, some layers probably have uneven metal placement.

Being off-balanced isn't what allows it to rattle, but not having material that keeps the disk solidly in place does. Level Chips provide that extra thickness to stop rattling in those layers like Forneus, which are fairly hollow in the center and don't keep the disk in place well. Artemis and Apollo on the other hand have enough thickness in their cores to stop that rattling, presumably to prevent the disk from hitting the mechanism inside.
(Mar. 06, 2019  11:02 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: 1: If they were identical, maybe. That's something they'd have to review and decide.
2: No. Just like only one Metal God Chip was permitted in the deck in God, so too is one Level chip permitted within your deck. It's not an availability thing as much as it is restricting these sorts of "upgrade parts" to just one for deck format.

Thanks for the clarification. I started playing with Beyblades in January so I wasn't aware there was a similar precedent in the previous God system.
(Mar. 06, 2019  11:02 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2019  10:56 PM)EmrysTal Wrote: If Hasbro were to release level chips that are identical to the TT level chips, 2 questions:

1: If they were identical, maybe. That's something they'd have to review and decide.

(Mar. 06, 2019  4:51 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: This doesn't necessarily have to do with the disc rattling. As seen with Right Artemis and Left Apollos, there is barely any disc rattling, if at all, and they're really unbalanced. Therefore, some layers probably have uneven metal placement.

Being off-balanced isn't what allows it to rattle, but not having material that keeps the disk solidly in place does. Level Chips provide that extra thickness to stop rattling in those layers like Forneus, which are fairly hollow in the center and don't keep the disk in place well. Artemis and Apollo on the other hand have enough thickness in their cores to stop that rattling, presumably to prevent the disk from hitting the mechanism inside.

I'm not saying that the rattling is caused by a Bey being unbalanced. I'm saying that disk's rattling isn't what makes a Cho-Z Bey unbalanced.

Well the problem is if they are identical to the TT level chips there gonna get stuck in the layers cause he TT ones already do so they’d be smaller if anything and I don’t think they’d be allowed and even ignored they did allow it I’d think they keep it as a 1 level chip