[Product]  Level Chips

With the recent manga development and yellow level chips starting to go up on eBay, could we potentially be looking at a release available to everyone? If not, does anyone know if the yellow level chips are also tournament prizes or exclusives of some sort?
I haven't been able to get to my CoroCoro yet, but I've found the yellow Level Chip seems to be a limited release at the World Hobby Fair. So it's just a freebie opportunity, it looks like. I guess we should've known with it not having a product number.

There is still hope yet for this to change. Perhaps there will be something akin to Metal God Chips, an updated version of Level Chip that will be sold.
WOW...so far I have no TT beys, but this is interesting. so they purposely made the beys unbalanced?
(Jun. 27, 2018  10:22 PM)LdillyDaSilly Wrote: WOW...so far I have no TT beys, but this is interesting. so they purposely made the beys unbalanced?

Yes. Cho-Z layers are unlevel, so you need the Level Chip to fix that.

But they don't perform too badly without. Some are better than others.
(Jun. 28, 2018  1:31 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2018  10:22 PM)LdillyDaSilly Wrote: WOW...so far I have no TT beys, but this is interesting. so they purposely made the beys unbalanced?

Yes. Cho-Z layers are unlevel, so you need the Level Chip to fix that.

But they don't perform too badly without. Some are better than others.

Thanks
(Apr. 18, 2018  3:56 AM)Kevo Wrote: Kinda off topic but if someone here can make 3D printed level chips for me i’ll pay top dollar for them.

try some plastic washers that fit within the space.. just need the matching height or thickness of chip as to not gain an unfair advantage...
(Jun. 30, 2018  3:02 AM)Luka01 Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2018  3:56 AM)Kevo Wrote: Kinda off topic but if someone here can make 3D printed level chips for me i’ll pay top dollar for them.

try some plastic washers that fit within the space.. just need the matching height or thickness of chip as to not gain an unfair advantage...

A washer isn't going to work. The Level chips aren't balanced due to that diamond-shaped piece that fits in the hole, since they're designed to iron out the imbalances of Super-Z layers.
(Jun. 30, 2018  12:47 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2018  3:02 AM)Luka01 Wrote: try some plastic washers that fit within the space.. just need the matching height or thickness of chip as to not gain an unfair advantage...

A washer isn't going to work. The Level chips aren't balanced due to that diamond-shaped piece that fits in the hole, since they're designed to iron out the imbalances of Super-Z layers.

it’s also worth noting, the diamond shape of the LC is the top of a long post that as a whole, serves as an anchor, stabilizing the rest of the LC.   

when you wiggle an attached driver, you can see this diamond post bumping into the inside of the diamond shaped hole, restricting movement.

fwiw, i think a washer without the diamond post would probably do *something* in regards to reducing wobble, but it would have to be perfectly sized and even then, it wouldn’t be that big of a difference.
Iyho, do you think level chips are "mandatory" to have a more competitive (by fixing balance problems) layer or we can go on without it?
I wish 3D printed level chips were legal in tournaments
(Jun. 30, 2018  2:33 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Iyho, do you think level chips are "mandatory" to have a more competitive (by fixing balance problems) layer or we can go on without it?

you can absolutely take it or leave it,
considering the overall combo match up is far more significant, and there is decent competitive bey diversity right now

but for certain mirror matches, having an LC will lead to winning every time
(Jun. 30, 2018  3:10 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2018  2:33 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Iyho, do you think level chips are "mandatory" to have a more competitive (by fixing balance problems) layer or we can go on without it?

you can absolutely take it or leave it,
considering the overall combo match up is far more significant, and there is decent competitive bey diversity right now

Mhh, interesting. Does it give any extra-skill (if we already consider a proper balance)?
I love rubber tipped based-attack combos, do you advice me to get one LC for wV?
(Jun. 30, 2018  5:02 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2018  3:10 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: you can absolutely take it or leave it,

Mhh, interesting. Does it give any extra-skill (if we already consider a proper balance)?
I love rubber tipped based-attack combos, do you advice me to get one LC for wV?

once they become cheap everyone should have them
but it’s hard to say for the combo you mentioned

i probably wouldn’t burn up my one LC in deck format for an attack combo with a rubber driver...
(Jun. 30, 2018  8:45 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2018  5:02 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Mhh, interesting. Does it give any extra-skill (if we already consider a proper balance)?

once they become cheap everyone should have them
but it’s hard to say for the combo you mentioned

i probably wouldn’t burn up my one LC in deck format for an attack combo with a rubber driver...

the way TT does business, like the star frame and ultimate reboot driver being magazine exclusives only in the beginning and then being re-released in boosters eventually, i'm assuming we will get them in normal releases eventually, like the god November set, those came with metal god chips, I'm assuming the cho-z december starter (which is usually reserved for the big bad of the series) will probably include a level chip too make it even more special, all the december starters included something special:
xcalibur - a single layer bey that had dual layer style teeth
lost longinus - i think currently only the starter to have a colored disc & in the anime too
spriggan requiem - 2 gimmicks & even a colored non removable metal god chip
heck, when the next system comes (which will probably abandon the level chip design), I'm speculating that the random boosters for this new system, TT will re-released all the cho-z layers but the catch is that they will all come with level chips
(Jun. 30, 2018  5:02 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2018  3:10 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: you can absolutely take it or leave it,

Winning Valkyrie is the only layer that doesn't balance out with a Level Chip so far (although I admittedly don't have Hazard Kerbeus or Archer Heracles yet either). The Level Chip does add a small amount of weight, but it doesn't do as much for Winning Valkyrie as most other layers. Probably not worth it for wV, but it's immensely helpful elsewhere.
(Jul. 01, 2018  4:51 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2018  5:02 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Mhh, interesting. Does it give any extra-skill (if we already consider a proper balance)?

Winning Valkyrie is the only layer that doesn't balance out with a Level Chip so far (although I admittedly don't have Hazard Kerbeus or Archer Heracles yet either). The Level Chip does add a small amount of weight, but it doesn't do as much for Winning Valkyrie as most other layers. Probably not worth it for wV, but it's immensely helpful elsewhere.

Thanks for the tip Smile
do you think hasbro will nix LCs for burst tubro?

they nixed metal god chips for switchstrike (other than lS and Sr)
but LCs make a more significant impact than metal god chips

if all turbo beys are made with filled-in LC slots, that would be a nice perk for hasbo folks.
but if the LC slots are left empty, we could consider turbo beys to be nerfed as a line.
(Jul. 01, 2018  1:04 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: do you think hasbro will nix LCs for burst tubro?

they nixed metal god chips for switchstrike (other than lS and Sr)
but LCs make a more significant impact than metal god chips

if all turbo beys are made with filled-in LC slots, that would be a nice perk for hasbo folks.
but if the LC slots are left empty, we could consider turbo beys to be nerfed as a line.

I would say yes, they will. They try to avoid as many complications as possible. I think this will be their approach too.
I see only two real solutions here:

1: Hasbro gives every Super-Z bey a permanent Level Chip, or otherwise balances them out so that one isn't needed.

2: Hasbro releases the Super-Z beys as intended, with Level Chip functionality. This functionality may be altered however, for ease of use at the cost of cross-functionality.
(Jul. 01, 2018  2:16 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: I see only two real solutions here:

1: Hasbro gives every Super-Z bey a permanent Level Chip, or otherwise balances them out so that one isn't needed.

2: Hasbro releases the Super-Z beys as intended, with Level Chip functionality. This functionality may be altered however, for ease of use at the cost of cross-functionality.

If they were smart like the Japanese they would include one of them in a new product, like a new gimmicky stadium that came with one chip. 

I totally paid a guy in Osaka to send me one once he gets them lol.
I feel like level chips are overrated.
(Jul. 03, 2018  4:53 PM)OfficialGoob Wrote: I feel like level chips are overrated.

Why?
(Jul. 03, 2018  7:01 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2018  4:53 PM)OfficialGoob Wrote: I feel like level chips are overrated.

Why?

Umm. Two things, first don't post OWPs(one word posts) and second, yeah why? It does have a bit of impact on the Bey especially stamina types.
(Jul. 03, 2018  7:09 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2018  7:01 PM)g2_ Wrote: Why?

Umm. Two things, first don't post OWPs(one word posts) and second, yeah why? It does have a bit of impact on the Bey especially stamina types.

I keep forgetting that.