[Product]  Level Chips

Does anyone know if this level chip file was based off of an actual level chip? Or was it just eyeballed?
(May. 14, 2018  7:46 PM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: Does anyone know if this  level chip file was based off of an actual level chip? Or was it just eyeballed?

The one BBG used appears to be eyeballed. I'm not sure about the one MakotoTakahashi posted, but it actually has the grooves in the back and other fine details, so I'd say that's more likely to be accurate. But I could be wrong.

I don't think anyone's said anything about how accurate or about having done a direct comparison to be sure.
i actually love the level chips since my birthday is coming up i will make sure to at least buy 2 or 3 off of yahoo japan auctions
(May. 15, 2018  5:10 AM)jamie Wrote: i actually love the level chips since my birthday is coming up i will make sure to at least buy 2 or 3 off of yahoo japan auctions

Happy Early Birthday!
(May. 15, 2018  5:10 AM)jamie Wrote: i actually love the level chips since my birthday is coming up i will make sure to at least buy 2 or 3 off of yahoo japan auctions

Happy early birthday dude.
I don't think this has been posted here before, but if it has, my bad: https://genbull11.hatenablog.com/entry/2.../07/124004

Looks like this person got a Level Chip and done some preliminary testing with it, here are some important points from the article from what I could gather from Google Translate:
  • It weighs about 0.7g, and that weight is added to the Layer
  • According to the article, it doesn't seem to make the assembly of the Beyblade any tighter, meaning that it doesn't increase burst resistance
  • It seems to improve each Beyblade's solo spin time (except for Winning Valkyrie for some reason) and stability by reducing the amount the combo rattles
  • It doesn't seem to be necessarily better for Stamina, in a mirror match the eF without the Level Chip outspun the eF with the Level Chip about 56% of the time (though this could also be due to other factors like overall combo balance, variations in the ball on Yard, etc.)
Anyone know what material it's made of, so that I can print it?
(May. 17, 2018  3:30 PM)MGoldZeo Wrote: Anyone know what material it's made of, so that I can print it?

it's PLA- dunno about the full name
(May. 17, 2018  6:47 AM)Wombat Wrote: I don't think this has been posted here before, but if it has, my bad: https://genbull11.hatenablog.com/entry/2.../07/124004

Looks like this person got a Level Chip and done some preliminary testing with it, here are some important points from the article from what I could gather from Google Translate:
  • According to the article, it doesn't seem to make the assembly of the Beyblade any tighter, meaning that it doesn't increase burst resistance
  • It seems to improve each Beyblade's solo spin time (except for Winning Valkyrie for some reason) and stability by reducing the amount the combo rattles
  • It doesn't seem to be necessarily better for Stamina, in a mirror match the eF without the Level Chip outspun the eF with the Level Chip about 56% of the time (though this could also be due to other factors like overall combo balance, variations in the ball on Yard, etc.)

Winning Valkyrie is already balanced the level chips serves to make it less balanced for more downard Attacks
(May. 17, 2018  4:28 PM)Thunder Blur Wrote:
(May. 17, 2018  6:47 AM)Wombat Wrote: I don't think this has been posted here before, but if it has, my bad: https://genbull11.hatenablog.com/entry/2.../07/124004

Winning Valkyrie is already balanced the level chips serves to make it less balanced for more downard Attacks
Uh. No, it's not. My friend got a wV today and we put Weight on it to see the stationary attack. And let me tell you. It was falling and twisting and turning in REALLY weird ways... So I'm gonna 3D print a level chip and see what happens.

interesting article. also hopeful news content, for sure. 

a nice little/balanced super-z buff from LCs is welcome. but i’m glad they don’t appear to transform the layers into dominating buzzsaws of death, lol.
See, this is the part where everyone's supposed to figure out where each Cho-Z Layer is best used at. I've come up with several powerful Winning Valkyrie customs that don't seem to do so bad against other beys. And now that Sr and mG/G3 is finally out of the game, this gives us a lot more wiggle room. At this point, the only Cho-Z layers I can use effectively are wV, eF and bL. Still haven't figured out zA yet, prolly never will, to be honest. XD
5 am....why am I still awake.....

I have my Level Chip. I've been having a long and stressful week, but let me tell you some things before I pass out.

0.69g/0.690g, that's what I'm going to say the weight is. $20 jewelry scales aren't the best, I'm sure, but that's the number it hovered around.

Corocoro says there are 2 ways to get Level Chips--winning the tournament and exchanging BeyTickets. You get BeyTickets merely by participating in certain official WBBA events. These are held in every WBBA-authorized store across Japan, once a month. Even months are tournaments, odd months are a challenge to beat. More details beyond that, I need to work out taking photos of shiny Corocoro pages, and there's hS and rP stuff to put together, too.

Get enough BeyTickets, and you can get a Level Chip....which concerns me with the possibilities of them being released regularly. If they're easily obtained within a few months, TT may not feel they need to actually release it because "everyone" (as far as they're concerned) can get them for free. Let's hope they don't see it this way.

Not alienating non-Japanese TT markets is my one thought. Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, etc., does TT care about them getting the Level Chip? I think that's the strongest chance for us, possibly.

Need sleep...will do what I can between weekend plans, but getting the Corocoro info together seems more priority since Level Chips seem to be losing focus with the banning. I am glad to see others are testing and releasing findings of their own Level Chips, allowing us to have a cross-checking of information.

Anyway, I needz the Zs. Night.
According to this eBay sale, the blue Level Chips will be released in stores on May 26th--the same day Salamander comes out.

I am thinking these are the BeyTicket Level Chips, not that they can be bought separately. Unless Takara-Tomy has been keeping it well under wraps, but usually these things get the whole labeling system and we have some sort of heads-up in that regard.

That is if this seller is indeed correct and legit. I don't see any strong warning signs, but just to make clear not to always blindly trust such things.
(May. 22, 2018  4:53 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I am thinking these are the BeyTicket Level Chips, not that they can be bought separately. Unless Takara-Tomy has been keeping it well under wraps, but usually these things get the whole labeling system and we have some sort of heads-up in that regard.

You're probably right. Toys R Us Japan did not list it although Salamander and Phoenix are already being sold.
(May. 17, 2018  5:32 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(May. 17, 2018  4:28 PM)Thunder Blur Wrote: Winning Valkyrie is already balanced the level chips serves to make it less balanced for more downard Attacks
Uh. No, it's not. My friend got a wV today and we put Weight on it to see the stationary attack. And let me tell you. It was falling and twisting and turning in REALLY weird ways... So I'm gonna 3D print a level chip and see what happens.

It becomes a KO beast with a 3d printed level chip. I tried wV.7C.At and it wrecks
(May. 23, 2018  10:52 PM)K1D Wrote:
(May. 17, 2018  5:32 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: Uh. No, it's not. My friend got a wV today and we put Weight on it to see the stationary attack. And let me tell you. It was falling and twisting and turning in REALLY weird ways... So I'm gonna 3D print a level chip and see what happens.

It becomes a KO beast with a 3d printed level chip. I tried wV.7C.At and it wrecks
That's a really sweet combo cuz you can take advantage of the fact that atomic can really go aggressive sometimes and deliver heavy hits.
(May. 22, 2018  9:09 AM)iiggoor Wrote:
(May. 22, 2018  4:53 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I am thinking these are the BeyTicket Level Chips, not that they can be bought separately. Unless Takara-Tomy has been keeping it well under wraps, but usually these things get the whole labeling system and we have some sort of heads-up in that regard.

You're probably right. Toys R Us Japan did not list it although Salamander and Phoenix are already being sold.

Hell salamander is out of stock there, and Pheonix is not even released
(May. 24, 2018  5:06 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(May. 22, 2018  9:09 AM)iiggoor Wrote: You're probably right. Toys R Us Japan did not list it although Salamander and Phoenix are already being sold.

Hell Salamander  release date is May 26th. How is it already sold-out?
(May. 24, 2018  7:00 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote:
(May. 24, 2018  5:06 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Hell salamander is out of stock there, and Pheonix is not even released

Hell Salamander  release date is May 26th. How is it already sold-out?
He means the pre orders are closed.
(May. 24, 2018  5:06 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(May. 22, 2018  9:09 AM)iiggoor Wrote: You're probably right. Toys R Us Japan did not list it although Salamander and Phoenix are already being sold.

The point is they exist as items that can be bought regularly, which is not case for level chips, as Frostic Fox said.

It's clearly visible that Phoenix will be released on July 30th, even in Japanese without translator, that's exactly why I mentioned it.
Salamander is not released yet too. I think there were no red letters "Out of stock" (in Japanese Toys R Us shop) three days ago, but that's not important here.
The blue Level Chips available via BeyTickets are now appearing on Yahoo! Japan Auctions. They appear to be going for around $40 CDN at the moment.

In this video I talk about a 3D printed level chip design provided earlier in this thread.
Kevo is using this 3D design linked to earlier:

(May. 12, 2018  11:43 AM)MakotoTakahashi Wrote: If you has 3D printer, lets DIY level chip for fun. Level chips is unbelievable higher prices in Japanese auction, kids cannot get level chips if there has no official tournament.

My daughter and school friends cannot get chip, because we has no official tournament in near of our area, and takaratomy shut out new event organizer store registration from 3years ago. Because, I make 3D printed chips for kids. This is unofficial and unavailable in official tournament, but we has no problem. Kids keep enjoying Beyblade without official event during in this 2years.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2905326
I just got 3 of the blue level chips over here, and boy are these things tiny. Still, they really do work well for balancing out just about anything that isn't Winning Valkyrie, and it's only gotten me wanting more colors and higher availability so badly.

Funny thing though. All of them have tiny text on the bottom that says "A7" on them, except for one which says "A6" instead. Are these mold numbers or something, and if so, does this make any difference?