[Product]  Level Chips

Can't we just call it a tabby-thingy.
I have found out that a certain cho z layer is actually quite balanced without the level chip, it is winning valkyrie, it isn't unstable like Zet achilles and emporer forneus, and the disc and frames that I use on it don't wobble like it does on the other cho z layers I use them on.
(Apr. 22, 2018  1:24 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: I have found out that a certain cho z layer is actually quite balanced without the level chip, it is winning valkyrie, it isn't unstable like Zet achilles and emporer forneus, and the disc and frames that I use on it don't wobble like it does on the other cho z layers I use them on.

I think that's the only comparison they didn't make in the video I posted. And double-checking, I think I have to agree with you on it being a better fit, at least. With my own, wV seems to be noticeably less loose than zA and eF. Disc doesn't seem to jiggle as much, at least for what I tested.

The video I mean:

(Apr. 21, 2018  7:58 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: These seem to be fake Level Chips in the video, but it's a good demonstration of how loose Cho-Z Beyblades are without them and how inserting something back there can improve it. 2:10 to 2:28 is a good part to watch for a direct comparison of looseness.

Of course, it's not an actual Level Chip, so the results with the piece in there should not be considered exact. Just a possibility.

(Apr. 21, 2018  10:44 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: It's a flawed thought process really though. It's literally a concept of making the strongest players even stronger by exclusively rewarding them with this stuff...

"You want to get stronger and upgrade your beys to the next level? Win a Level Chip at a *Japan Only* WBBA Beyblade Tournament!"

"Don't have the money to fly all the way to Japan just to play spinning tops? Too bad! Guess you don't get a chance to be the best!"
It's not even flying to Japan that's the issue there. It's a Japanese toyline and I'd expect that much to be the case, haha.

The main issue is simply that the strongest Bladers will win Level Chips. In theory, these provide a competitive advantage...so they'd then be even stronger next event and be harder to beat, therefore win again. It doesn't really help the little man out here at all.

Though I suppose this can be said about many other competitive events and their prizes. They're all typically things that'll just make them stronger next time they participate.
Wow, how many posts were deleted from this thread?

I hope no one will perceive this act as an attempt of a cover up. It may or may not appear that way.
It could be possible that every cho-z beyblade was built to be unbalanced from the start and using a level chip will put them on full balance due to the little pin at the tip.
(Apr. 22, 2018  3:03 AM)IronFace879 Wrote: It could be possible that every cho-z beyblade was built to be unbalanced from the start and using a level chip will put them on full balance due to the little pin at the tip.

Yeah I think that's probably the reason for it, or at the very least designed so the chips had a positive impact on the layers.
Update on the translation of the page in Corocoro: There's a part that says something about having 3 Bey Tickets and being within 3rd place. I am trying to figure out if it's saying you need one or the other to get the Level Chip. That would be my guess, since having both wouldn't make sense, but I want to double-check my understanding of the sentence structure.

In the meantime, someone could try to find out what they can about Bey Tickets. They are clearly tied to Level Chips.

(Apr. 22, 2018  3:14 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2018  3:03 AM)IronFace879 Wrote: It could be possible that every cho-z beyblade was built to be unbalanced from the start and using a level chip will put them on full balance due to the little pin at the tip.

Yeah I think that's probably the reason for it, or at the very least designed so the chips had a positive impact on the layers.

Yes, that's what I've understood them to be and what the translation seems to imply so far. You need the Level Chip to bring out the layer's "true power".

They need that filling in of a gap between the layer and the disc.

(Apr. 18, 2018  6:00 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Found what I believe is the source, @sunny111989871 (Sunnyland Forte Shop?) on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sunny111989871/statu...6436399104

There's a BeyTicket in that tweet. I threw this image together, but it was only the front side. Any chance someone can find the back?

Note: It could be "prize" or "prizes". Japanese makes no distinction between singular and plural.

[Image: ik5TfNY.jpg]

Google Translate did most of the work (Click to View)
Any chance you could use Buster Xcalibur and legit make it overwhelmingly unbalanced? That would make it swing downwards and create more Upper Attack as well as Smash Attack. Using the level chip would help balance it a little. OR EVEN THE OTHER WAY AROUND!
(Apr. 22, 2018  5:36 AM)IronFace879 Wrote: Any chance you could use Buster Xcalibur and legit make it overwhelmingly unbalanced? That would make it swing downwards and create more Upper Attack as well as Smash Attack. Using the level chip would help balance it a little. OR EVEN THE OTHER WAY AROUND!

Can't wait for that one, I love the Xcalibur line. It might be the last beyblade I purchase.
How heavy is it?
Really need a level chip in my life right now..
(May. 02, 2018  11:34 PM)MGoldZeo Wrote: Anyone have any info on level chips?

I am in the process of buying one.
I see one listing that's on both Japan Yahoo Auctions and Amazon that actually says it doesn't have the Level Chip, but the page translator seems to not always say that. So it can be misleading.

So to anyone trying to buy, don't get this one: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07CQPJ8V3

Same image is used for the auction.
On a related note, does anyone know where to get cheap strike god chips?
OK guys, I managed to buy a Level Chip from Yahoo Auctions. If all goes well, I'll have it in 1-2 weeks.
(May. 03, 2018  7:39 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: OK guys, I managed to buy a Level Chip from Yahoo Auctions. If all goes well, I'll have it in 1-2 weeks.

How much did it set you back?
(May. 03, 2018  8:22 PM)Mstubbs88 Wrote:
(May. 03, 2018  7:39 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: OK guys, I managed to buy a Level Chip from Yahoo Auctions. If all goes well, I'll have it in 1-2 weeks.

How much did it set you back?

Let's just say that some closer to $200 are up now (not counting shipping), which is some better than I paid. It was an ow, but I figure some people need to do it for us to find out. Plus, having the first 1st place prize and being one of the first English-speakers to get it is pretty cool.

Feel a bit bad that cheaper ones popped up after I bought mine, but it's not that big of a price difference and I can't be mad at myself for not being psychic of all things. I wanted to make sure I got it and I guess I can't kick myself too much for that. Plus, I learned to buy from the auctions in the process, so maybe I can save some money that way in the future.
(May. 03, 2018  8:35 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(May. 03, 2018  8:22 PM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: How much did it set you back?

Let's just say that some closer to $200 are up now (not counting shipping), which is some better than I paid. It was an ow, but I figure some people need to do it for us to find out. Plus, having the first 1st place prize and being one of the first English-speakers to get it is pretty cool.

Feel a bit bad that cheaper ones popped up after I bought mine, but it's not that big of a price difference and I can't be mad at myself for not being psychic of all things. I wanted to make sure I got it and I guess I can't kick myself too much for that. Plus, I learned to buy from the auctions in the process, so maybe I can save some money that way in the future.
Oh man/woman, you are a legend! You're a HUGE help to the community!
It seems like the going rate is 100-200 bucks
So can we assume that these are already banned in competitive play? Or will I need to spend $200 to not be at a disadvantage haha
Sounds like more info/data is needed first, as Kei said:

(Apr. 19, 2018  5:52 AM)Kei Wrote: And to be clear: Level Chips are currently legal for WBO events as we try to get a sense of what level of advantage they actually provide. But I'd imagine we will probably make them illegal for the time being shortly.
Here’s an idea for ya. A METAL LEVEL CHIP.