[Product]  Level Chips

(Apr. 19, 2018  11:04 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2018  10:06 PM)BladerGem Wrote: I imagine they might be similar to the Crystal Wheels from Zero-G. They'll balance the bey, but won't weigh much.

I do not get that analogy. When did the Crystal Wheels have that functionality? They are just lightweight wheels which are inferior to the other chrome wheels.

Um... no they're like the energy rings. Yes you can put them together but it's a stretch to do so
(Apr. 19, 2018  11:10 PM)Thunder Blur Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2018  11:04 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: I do not get that analogy. When did the Crystal Wheels have that functionality? They are just lightweight wheels which are inferior to the other chrome wheels.

Um... no they're like the energy rings. Yes you can put them together but it's a stretch to do so

A two Elemental Wheel combo is illegal and not practical. They are not ment to come together. They are just optional Energy Rings, which are usually overlooked by Synchrome combos. Besides, it's getting off topic.
The difference with these and Crystal wheels is that these Level Chips are add ons where as Crystal wheels are lighter replacements (for no other reason than filler aesthetics and the anime). If anything Level chips come a bit closer to synchromes, increasing weight and make it more balanced (for the most part).
Exactly the above. It's one thing to swap out one part for another than to add a part that didn't exist prior.
(Apr. 19, 2018  5:40 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2018  5:36 AM)MGoldZeo Wrote: How exactly does a level chip work?

You snap it underneath the layer and it fills in the missing gap that is currently making Cho-Z layers wobbly and unstable.

The image in the first post explains this more clearly.

I copied the image in here, if it's easier: (Click to View)
I meant what is the science behind itSmile
Does anyone have a .Stl document of one? Found out my library has a 3D printer and id love to have a few made to test to get an idea of how they will react. If you dont have one does anyone have any experience creating such documents? or know anyone who is? Id atleast like to be pointed in the correct dirrection.
(Apr. 20, 2018  4:14 PM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: Does anyone have a .Stl document of one? Found out my library has a 3D printer and id love to have a few made to test to get an idea of how they will react. If you dont have one does anyone have any experience creating such documents? or know anyone who is? Id atleast like to be pointed in the correct dirrection.

Great idea, only if I was at home, I would make the model. Shall be uploading mine 3d model in a few days.
(Apr. 20, 2018  4:15 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2018  4:14 PM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: Does anyone have a .Stl document of one? Found out my library has a 3D printer and id love to have a few made to test to get an idea of how they will react. If you dont have one does anyone have any experience creating such documents? or know anyone who is? Id atleast like to be pointed in the correct dirrection.

Great idea, only if I was at home, I would make the model. Shall be uploading mine 3d model in a few days.

Excited to get that. I will get some made and post the results!
(Apr. 20, 2018  12:15 AM)Jinbee Wrote: The difference with these and Crystal wheels is that these Level Chips are add ons where as Crystal wheels are lighter replacements (for no other reason than filler aesthetics and the anime). If anything Level chips come a bit closer to synchromes, increasing weight and make it more balanced (for the most part).

i don’t see the synchrome analogy at all.

we don’t know the weights yet for LCs but it’s a thin plastic ring with no metal, so odds are it’s light.  the main benefit appears that it’s just a spacer that allows the disc to wobble much less.

even if LCs are 2-3g, proportionally speaking that’s still nothing like the increase in overall weight distribution synchromes brought.
I could 3D print level chips out of PVC, but I do need to know the design of one to do so and when I do, I could try to bring that to a tournament sometime to try it out.
(Apr. 21, 2018  2:20 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: I could 3D print level chips out of PVC, but I do need to know the design of one to do so and when I do, I could try to bring that to a tournament sometime to try it out.

It's not official, just for testing. Basic design is available in boxes of Cho Z beys, they probably have different heights. I will be making some models when I am  discharged from this Hospital. And if my design goes success, it will be here too.
I just need to get my hands on 1 level chip so I can get the size and print it. When I do, I'll send you guys the exact messurements
Yo if anyone wants to make me some Level chips, I'd def pay a decent bit for it.
I found that Leo Burst did a Corocoro video where there's a page with the Level Chips, and he's not sure if they're freely given out or not. I'd like to do a translation, but it's a loooot of text, so it may take a bit of time. I gotta find all the symbols and make them typed out so I can work with them, in all my rusted-ness.

I have the top corner written out. So far, it seems to talk about "serious bladers" and "Bey tickets" and how the part increases the overall performance of the Beyblade. It's very late now, I need some sleep.

If anyone can find a cleaner scan of the page, that would save me a lot of time. I got the best shot possible from the video itself (1080p) but if I can get the itty-bitty furigana next to the kanji clearly, I can get those kanji typed out faster instead of having to try to hunt for them. Furigana makes life easy.

Starts @7:55

(Apr. 13, 2018  2:37 PM)Leo Burst Wrote:

Or, you know, if someone else already beat me to translate it or someone here can handle it better than I can...let me know! Save me some time, haha.
(Apr. 21, 2018  7:22 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2018  3:03 PM)Jinbee Wrote: If you actually read my original posts, I made reasons as to why these were MORE like synchromes than single chrome wheel beys, like I said, "more like", not "exactly like", there IS a difference. The reception of synchromes have absolutely no relevance here so why bring it up, but if you want to somehow bring that up for no reason at all, then these level chips aren't that well received so far due to their lack of availablity.

Once again, you completely misunderstand the point of my post, I never said they were completely, or even mostly like synchromes which your post seems to imply, I was saying they were more closer to them than when people compared them to single layers. You seriously need to stop misunderstanding what I've said because at no point have I said the added weight difference were similar, which I have repeated mentioned to you yet you still bring it up constantly. But to explain it again, here it is: if you compared these normal layers to single chrome wheel Zero G beyblades, then I think the level chips (which add any kind of weight and balance) are more closer (not exactly like, which you seem to keep thinking I'm saying) to synchromes in CONCEPT, adding more weight and balance, albeit not nearly as much weight and difference, but the concept feels a bit more similar.

There. I explained very clearly just for you about my reasoning, now please don't continue this topic any further, because I don't want to derail this thread any longer.

that’s like saying a spoiler is like a turbo kit on a car because they both generate some downforce (among many other more significant and defining differences).

again a real stretch there, so much so that the analogy itself has questionable usefulness. 

also, no surprise you would attempt to silence the debate, considering that diatribe post above where you mentioned “I” almost a dozen times...

The point of both synchromes and level chips are to make something better theoretically, so it's more similar than the example you gave.

I silenced the debate because I don't want it to derail the thread and I'm quite frankly tired of you constantly keeping up the debate when it should very well not flood the thread, just for the sake of getting the last word. Not to mention you constantly bring up the same points, some points which aren't even anything i've said. So from here, this debate needs to stop, this is my last warning. If you have anything to say, please DM me.
These seem to be fake Level Chips in the video, but it's a good demonstration of how loose Cho-Z Beyblades are without them and how inserting something back there can improve it. 2:10 to 2:28 is a good part to watch for a direct comparison of looseness.

Of course, it's not an actual Level Chip, so the results with the piece in there should not be considered exact. Just a possibility.

It's a pretty good replica for what it is and I'm thinking the tightness comes from the friction between the driver rim and the level chip, guessing it would act like a god chip on that part. I'd imagine these be more useful for stationary beyblades, mainly stamina.
(Apr. 21, 2018  8:01 PM)Jinbee Wrote: It's a pretty good replica for what it is and I'm thinking the tightness comes from the friction between the driver rim and the level chip, guessing it would act like a god chip on that part. I'd imagine these be more useful for stationary beyblades, mainly stamina.

I think it is that the disc has less room to move. Not sure.
From the looks of that video, Level Chips really do seem to do a lot for the Balance Issues. I'm hoping that actual Level Chips will be even more effective
(Apr. 21, 2018  10:20 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: From the looks of that video, Level Chips really do seem to do a lot for the Balance Issues. I'm hoping that actual Level Chips will be even more effective

Maybe it's the tightness of these chips that give it the balance, I'm wondering if their molds would have varying thicknesses to affect tightness and balance.
Well anyway. Now that I think about it, is the exclusivity of these chips to motivate players who don't attend tournaments to go to them? That's probably why these were exclusive, having a piece which is meant to increase performance of layers would at least motivate some people to go, at least if no one believes they'll be normally released which is still a mystery.
It's a flawed thought process really though. It's literally a concept of making the strongest players even stronger by exclusively rewarding them with this stuff...
(Apr. 21, 2018  10:44 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: It's a flawed thought process really though. It's literally a concept of making the strongest players even stronger by exclusively rewarding them with this stuff...

That, or making luckier kids who possibly lucked out their wins even luckier by owning the chip.

I guess the point of these is that you're meant to have one if you're worthy but that concept doesn't work on easy to use accessories (normally this idea only works if the item is hard to use and can be only given to those who won and proved themselves worthy) or something that isn't a trophy or non game applicable prizes.
I guess the best thing to do is to wait until someone has a few to use in tournaments, see how much of an advantage they really give and how much they cost once people start getting more.

If they give a heavy advantage but are relatively cheap to get (Like Metal God Chips), then I would say allow them
If they give a heavy advantage but are expensive to get, then I would say ban
If they don't give a noticeable advantage, leave them be
(Apr. 21, 2018  10:56 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I guess the best thing to do is to wait until someone has a few to use in tournaments, see how much of an advantage they really give and how much they cost once people start getting more.

If they give a heavy advantage but are relatively cheap to get (Like Metal God Chips), then I would say allow them
If they give a heavy advantage but are expensive to get, then I would say ban
If they don't give a noticeable advantage, leave them be

That's ideal. The concept alone isn't well thought out though, I mean if TT makes these out to be good and worthy of a tournament prize, the idea of how they handled it alone is rather dumb.