[Product]  BBG-23 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3 Bandid Genbull F230TB

Not that we can figure it out from these pictures, but the construction of F230 is fairly similar to B:D in that it has a compartment that's screwed on together. IF there are bearings in this track, the mechanism will be housed in that part.

Well, there's something metal there around the bottom. (If that wasn't obvious enough) but I have no clue if it's a bearing or not. Confused

Thanks for the screenshots zionson, I can't watch videos, so this helps me a lot. Smile
It looks like screws to me. Bearings would be cool to have, but I see star shaped details on top of the metal bits.

And as Raigeko said, thanks for the pics zionson.
In the very center of the track? That's the spot I'm looking at. From the bottom it looks like a screw, but looking down from above, it looks like a system similar to ES's in the middle.

Anyways, if that were true, it would have no effect, now that I think about it. The bearings would have to be in the sides of F230 to make a difference...
Do you guys know where the bearings of B:D are? It's not visible to the naked eye. It's housed in a ring wheel that encircles the shaft. The screws on the sides aren't bearings. Neither is the shaft. I said if there'd be bearings, they'd be housed in that section that has screws, just like B:D
Sorry, I didn't know where B:Ds bearings were located. The more you know, haha.
One Japanese blogger seems to hint more at a resemblance to B:D now ... Why does no one just remove the screws and check for the whole world.
I PM'ed MSpapitan regarding that metal thing that looked like a metal "bearing" in F230 and he replied back and this is what he said...

[Image: F230_zpsabbea99f.png]

If someone can decipher this better than Google Translate, then this might end the controversy whether F230 supports a bearing or not.

On my own understanding, it seems that the metal "bearing" inside is actually a "screw" or peg inserted in the middle of F230 that enables it to spin freely.
(Oct. 23, 2012  4:32 PM)TheHentist Wrote: I PM'ed MSpapitan regarding that metal thing that looked like a metal "bearing" in F230 and he replied back and this is what he said...

If someone can decipher this better than Google Translate, then this might end the controversy whether F230 supports a bearing or not.

On my own understanding, it seems that the metal "bearing" inside is actually a "screw" or peg inserted in the middle of F230 that enables it to spin freely.

Quite obviously he's referring to the shaft, which is visible from one end. if you examine B:D you won't see any bearings, either. it's not like GB145 or the Jade wheel where you see loose bearings. I don't doubt there's a metal pin. it's the mechanism that encircles the metal pin that I'm concerned about, and you won't be able to see that unless you unscrew the track, as with B:D.

You'll also need to refrain from putting quotation marks to emphasize your own point, because MSPapitan's response didn't have any stress on any words. you're basically infusing the response with your own context.
(Oct. 23, 2012  5:02 PM)zionson Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2012  4:32 PM)TheHentist Wrote: I PM'ed MSpapitan regarding that metal thing that looked like a metal "bearing" in F230 and he replied back and this is what he said...

You'll also need to refrain from putting quotation marks to emphasize your own point, because MSPapitan's response didn't have any stress on any words. you're basically infusing the response with your own context.

Quotation marks are often used in scare quotes, which means the user doesn't buy into the meaning. The quotation marks on screw were used erroneously in this context but the quotation marks on the word "bearing" indicated that he disagrees with the idea that F230 supports a bearing. It didn't sound anything like he was placing stress on words that MSPapitan had used. He was just stating his own opinion.
[Huge quote removed.]

Can You put the text by itself instead of a picture because I can't copy the words then put them in google translate
(Oct. 23, 2012  5:02 PM)zionson Wrote:

Quite obviously he's referring to the shaft, which is visible from one end. if you examine BGrin you won't see any bearings, either. it's not like GB145 or the Jade wheel where you see loose bearings. I don't doubt there's a metal pin. it's the mechanism that encircles the metal pin that I'm concerned about, and you won't be able to see that unless you unscrew the track, as with BGrin.

This time I asked my High School buddy who happens to be an exchange student in Japan for a year to decipher what MSpapitan said... so here it is...

[Image: truth_zps011c7bfd.png]
and yeah my real name is Sam LOL
PM me the text in Japanese from your computer on FB. I'll forward it to my Japanese cousins.

That said, we'll find out for ourselves soon enough, anyway.
here's the message from MSpapitan if you guys wanna copy it

F230の中を見たところ、ベアリングらしきものは入っておらず、固定した後に回せるネジで固定しているっぽいです。
UPDATE!

Finally got a translation from a Japanese!!!

[Image: truthWBO-1.png]

NO BEARINGS!!!! CASE CLOSED Wink
Yep, just to put the final nail in the coffin, I opened F230 up... no bearing
Damn. A 230 track with a bearing would have been so suited to Zero G.
(Oct. 26, 2012  6:09 PM)PRO WEASEL Wrote: Yep, just to put the final nail in the coffin, I opened F230 up... no bearing

Can you take a photograph of the interior then ? Also, do you have a scale to weigh F230 ?
(Oct. 26, 2012  6:09 PM)PRO WEASEL Wrote: Yep, just to put the final nail in the coffin, I opened F230 up... no bearing

Bother, but at least from one of the vids we saw it still spins quite freely, so that's something...
(Oct. 27, 2012  8:35 AM)theowiwak Wrote: In the video of the BBG we can see in the track
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8093/f230.png

We already saw basically that ...
nice pics, zionson!

wow, so not only are there no bearings, it's not even a metal shaft! this makes how freely it spins as shown in the videos previously posted rather amazing. perhaps what F230 lacks in low friction, it makes up for with stability of the internal structure? even B: D has issues of the tip wobbling because the shaft does not fully fill the hole in the bearing core.
Dammit.. When I went to Japan, I bought 8 of these boosters.. 5 Pheonics, 1 Killerken, 1 Salamadra, and 1 Gryph.. No Genbulls at all ._. Perhaps Takara Tomy actually made the Genbulls "Super Rare"?