[Product]  B-79 Starter Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing

dF is just flat-out terrible at spin steal, since it's triangular and has absolutely minimal rubber. 8 is meh at best, and Nothing topples way too easily. Not shocked at all that this would be disappointing.
(May. 06, 2017  7:12 AM)Bastillon Wrote: dF is just flat-out terrible at spin steal, since it's triangular and has absolutely minimal rubber. 8 is meh at best, and Nothing topples way too easily. Not shocked at all that this would be disappointing.

Well dF doesn't have to be good at spin stealing, as long as it provides some use in anything it wont be disappointing.
(May. 06, 2017  8:35 AM)Mage Wrote:
(May. 06, 2017  7:12 AM)Bastillon Wrote: dF is just flat-out terrible at spin steal, since it's triangular and has absolutely minimal rubber. 8 is meh at best, and Nothing topples way too easily. Not shocked at all that this would be disappointing.

Well dF doesn't have to be good at spin stealing, as long as it provides some use in anything it wont be disappointing.
It's marketed as the bey that can be handspun. Of course you'd expect it to be good at spin-stealing, but the evidence suggest otherwise. If you want a low velocity bursting bey, you grab L2, not dF. This leaves defense as the only option (since it's not that good on attack combos), which isn't really that great either. Roughly launched dFGO against something like VHX and it's not doing as well as expected.
(May. 07, 2017  12:24 PM)Bastillon Wrote:
(May. 06, 2017  8:35 AM)Mage Wrote: Well dF doesn't have to be good at spin stealing, as long as it provides some use in anything it wont be disappointing.
It's marketed as the bey that can be handspun. Of course you'd expect it to be good at spin-stealing, but the evidence suggest otherwise. If you want a low velocity bursting bey, you grab L2, not dF. This leaves defense as the only option (since it's not that good on attack combos), which isn't really that great either. Roughly launched dFGO against something like VHX and it's not doing as well as expected.

Well it's​ spin stealing is really bad due to Driver. Change to something good and it still hasn't been tested for Attack. Even Wyvang has bad shape for attack but when you try it, it has highest attack power of any bey in history of beyblade.
(Mar. 11, 2017  10:17 PM)BeyGabe Wrote: Well, we have wyvern, longinus, dragoon, and yggdrasil, amd pretty soon Fafnir here, so that will technically be 5

And kreis satan

(May. 07, 2017  12:24 PM)Bastillon Wrote:
(May. 06, 2017  8:35 AM)Mage Wrote: Well dF doesn't have to be good at spin stealing, as long as it provides some use in anything it wont be disappointing.
You Fafnir is a stamina type right?
(May. 14, 2017  5:04 AM)darkelf Wrote:
(Mar. 11, 2017  10:17 PM)BeyGabe Wrote: Well, we have wyvern, longinus, dragoon, and yggdrasil, amd pretty soon Fafnir here, so that will technically be 5

And kreis satan

(May. 07, 2017  12:24 PM)Bastillon Wrote: It's marketed as the bey that can be handspun. Of course you'd expect it to be good at spin-stealing, but the evidence suggest otherwise. If you want a low velocity bursting bey, you grab L2, not dF. This leaves defense as the only option (since it's not that good on attack combos), which isn't really that great either. Roughly launched dFGO against something like VHX and it's not doing as well as expected.

Yeah, it's marketed as a stamina type but that doesn't mean he can't test it for other uses, especially when he mentions that the spin stealing isn't all that great which is the way it's meant to provide it's stamina.

Actually, it's just 3 total so far. Yggdrasil is the World Tree. And I don't think there's a Dragoon Burst Bey.
(May. 14, 2017  3:33 PM)Beybladerocx2 Wrote:

Actually, it's just 3 total so far. Yggdrasil is the World Tree. And I don't think there's a Dragoon Burst Bey.

In Burst it's a Tree Dragon, there's a Dragoon Burst bey it;s called Dragoon S Wing Xtreme
(May. 14, 2017  10:08 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(May. 14, 2017  5:04 AM)darkelf Wrote: And kreis satan

Yeah, it's marketed as a stamina type but that doesn't mean he can't test it for other uses, especially when he mentions that the spin stealing isn't all that great which is the way it's meant to provide it's stamina.

Ik but it just seemed like he was kinda mad it wasn't good for other purposes
From what i've tried out it seemed equal to Deathscyther and didn't do well against Dark Deathscyther. Also I don't know whether it's "bad" at spin stealing or its stamina just isn't quite on the level of those two heavyweights.
People are freaking out because the stock combo isnt great. Smh
(May. 14, 2017  3:36 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote:
(May. 14, 2017  3:33 PM)Beybladerocx2 Wrote: Actually, it's just 3 total so far. Yggdrasil is the World Tree. And I don't think there's a Dragoon Burst Bey.

In Burst it's a Tree Dragon, there's a Dragoon Burst bey it;s called Dragoon S Wing Xtreme

Oh durp. Lol I had a brain fart xD xP
actually drain fafnir can provide some use in attack if paired with the triple forge disk.the weight is distrbuted to the heads and rubber, making it better at spin stealing

A great combo

Drain Fafnir 8 Vortex Revolve
It's truely amazing looking hehe. What paint you used?
(May. 24, 2017  3:12 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: It's truely amazing looking hehe. What paint you used?

TAMIYA's spray paint.
And the red parts are from the beylauncher L in gold dragon version of L2
Sorry if this has been said before, but I think we're putting a little too much stock in this beyblade's spin-stealing. I know that's what it's advertised for, but I feel like a lot of people are exclusively judging dF on hand and weak launching, or L2 reminiscent hold combos, and not considering other options for this bey. I honestly think the strength of left-spin in burst is the ability to avoid being burst by more aggressive layers, and be safer from self-bursts in opposite spin matchups. I would really like to see what dF can do as a dedicated stamina type (eg. dF.G.R or dF.#g.R) or a stamina/defense type (dF.S.D dF.K.D) that can be hard launched with less fear in matches. Spin-steal is a neat gimmick, but for now, I only think it'll be a way to keep dF from being outspun by stationary and other stamina-oriented attack types. I need to get my hands on a TT beystadium so I can do some testing myself.
true
it could do well as defense/balance type as

Drain Fafnir Gravity Orbit
Honestly Drain Fafnir was spammed a lot this weekend at Anime North, and it is the only viable counter to Lost Longinus (Neptune apparently does, but I have yet to see that), so spin absorbing or not, already this Layer has become annoying...
hey anyone of you guys try to cut the blue plastic crests on the layer so the rubber be more exposed and can spin steal better
(May. 29, 2017  6:15 PM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote: hey anyone of you guys try to cut the blue plastic crests on the layer so the rubber be more exposed and can spin steal better

I am 100% sure that would constitute as an illegal modification, so I'm pretty sure nobody has tried it for a competitive combo yet. Maybe one of those beytubers who like doing mods will do it one of these days
(May. 29, 2017  6:20 PM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote:
(May. 29, 2017  6:15 PM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote: hey anyone of you guys try to cut the blue plastic crests on the layer so the rubber be more exposed and can spin steal better

I am 100% sure that would constitute as an illegal modification, so I'm pretty sure nobody has tried it for a competitive combo yet. Maybe one of those beytubers who like doing mods will do it one of these days

i know is illegal mod but as a experiment to see if it works like that

and why takara tomy will make spin stealing bet that dosent spin steals well