[Product]  B-79 Starter Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing

trying to balance the game may be... they won't do an other OP part for sure else we will get all parts banned hah!
TRy This Combo

Drain Fafnir Triple Nothing
(May. 30, 2017  7:49 PM)MPZLShadow Wrote: TRy This Combo

Drain Fafnir Triple Nothing

Nothing is not a good driver, it loses stability and stamina very easily. Better combos would be Drain Fafnir Yell/Spread Revolve/Yeilding
it probaly has bad weight distrubution due to Drain's Triangular Design

Drain Fafnir Gravity Orbit/Revolve/Yielding/Gyro

AlSO HOW DO YOU gET bITS
(May. 30, 2017  8:01 PM)MPZLShadow Wrote: it probaly has bad weight distrubution due to Drain's Triangular Design

Drain Fafnir Gravity Orbit/Revolve/Yielding/Gyro

AlSO HOW DO YOU gET bITS

It seems to be a good L2 counter, actually, and is a good layer overall. Those are also great combos, however, it does best on Atomic.

You get bits from bit boosters, which you get by partipating in WBO contests or lottos, or by buying things from the WBO shop that give them, like a passport.
ATOMIC IS A GREAT DRIVER BUT ORBIT CAN GIVE GREAT IMPACT FOR SPIN STEALING
Triple could be viable I think, drain fafnir could be better at spin steal if it wobbles and make more contact on the top where is designed rubber is. but it could be better at the end of its rotation(losing its speed make the bey wobbling) so it could be better in spin steal if more of its rubber are in contact. until i get mine its just an hypothetic thought .
(May. 30, 2017  8:26 PM)MPZLShadow Wrote: ATOMIC IS A GREAT DRIVER BUT ORBIT CAN GIVE GREAT IMPACT FOR SPIN STEALING

Atomic literally has a ring that will allow it to spin steal longer... It also provides movement to evade L2 Hold combos.
HOW DOES THE RING HELP AND ORBIT CAN DO THAT AS WELL

WHAT LOYD SAID WAS TRUE
NOTHING CAN BE USEFUL
(May. 30, 2017  8:56 PM)MPZLShadow Wrote: HOW DOES THE RING HELP AND ORBIT CAN DO THAT AS WELL

WHAT LOYD SAID WAS TRUE
NOTHING CAN BE USEFUL

Lloyd was talking about Triple... And the ring helps by providing more time to wobble, and helps at spin steal. Kei can tell you, that at a Toronto tournament, dF on Atomic, as well as Revolve did really well.

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning...pid1379584
(May. 30, 2017  9:12 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(May. 30, 2017  8:56 PM)MPZLShadow Wrote: HOW DOES THE RING HELP AND ORBIT CAN DO THAT AS WELL

WHAT LOYD SAID WAS TRUE
NOTHING CAN BE USEFUL

Lloyd was talking about Triple... And the ring helps by providing more time to wobble, and helps at spin steal. Kei can tell you, that at a Toronto tournament, dF on Atomic, as well as Revolve did really well.

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning...pid1379584

That's called precession. Check my thread out :) https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Zombie-...e-opponent

\MPZLShadow Wrote:NOTHING CAN BE USEFUL

In case we unban D2 and ban V and Minoboros. Sure, "Nothing" will be useful XDXDXD

Edit:- TT must have took help of smartest person on earth to name this Driver (hint:- only W2 user of world). IT'S BEYAWESOME
The Nothing driver has bad balance, exposing the rubber at the top and side. Also, if paired with Quarter, it may have good spin stealing abilities ???
(May. 31, 2017  12:44 AM)MPZLShadow Wrote: The Nothing driver has bad balance, exposing the rubber at the top and side. Also, if paired with Quarter, it may have good spin stealing abilities ???

To make it wobble you don't need to have unbalanced disk. I think a very compact disk like Central should​ do the work. But like I said, you will need precession in end to OS oppnent.
(May. 31, 2017  12:44 AM)MPZLShadow Wrote: The Nothing driver has bad balance, exposing the rubber at the top and side. Also, if paired with Quarter, it may have good spin stealing abilities ???

That would just kill it's stamina. Better to put it on Revolve if you want a wobble effect.
I'm not sure how making dF wobble helps it spin steal. Wouldn't it make more sense to have it stay as still as possible to make the most contact with the opposing bey? If it's moving around too much it'll just knock the other bey away before it can do any meaningful equalization, and if it's too unbalanced it'll just lose it's stamina faster than it can steal.

I thought, historically, the way spin stealers (or more accurately, spin equalizers) worked was by using a combination of opposite spin, precession, and lad to equalize spin with the opposing bey, and then get close or even split second spin finishes by clocking in a few extra wobbles with superior precession, or rotations with superior lad. Knocking your bey off-balance doesn't seem like a good way to accomplish any of those things.
(May. 31, 2017  3:02 AM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote: I'm not sure how making dF wobble helps it spin steal. Wouldn't it make more sense to have it stay as still as possible to make the most contact with the opposing bey? If it's moving around too much it'll just knock the other bey away before it can do any meaningful equalization, and if it's too unbalanced it'll just lose it's stamina faster than it can steal.

I thought, historically, the way spin stealers (or more accurately, spin equalizers) worked was by using a combination of opposite spin, precession, and lad to equalize spin with the opposing bey, and then get close or even split second spin finishes by clocking in a few extra wobbles with superior precession, or rotations with superior lad. Knocking your bey off-balance doesn't seem like a good way to accomplish any of those things.
Normally yes, but not in the case of dF. If you have noticed, there are light blue plastics notches in front of the blue rubber "F"s. The notches will push away the opposing bey before the rubber makes contact, which makes it easier to evade dF for combos with Revolve, Yielding, Orbit and so on combined with a layer that has slightly irregular shapes. Hell, even the vanilla S2KU can do exactly what I mentioned. Taking away balance for dF reduces the effects of the notches to a bare minimum in exchange for a slightly decreased surface area with the rubber, but the frequency of hitting the rubber will increase dramatically. This is why Hold combos do not work well with dF, and Revolve can be a really good option. It's better to remain contact with the opposing bey with a slightly decreased surface area of the rubber than outright pushing it away, which is the equivalent of suicide.
Quote:Taking away balance for dF reduces the effects of the notches to a bare minimum in exchange for a slightly decreased surface area with the rubber, but the frequency of hitting the rubber will increase dramatically.

I'm not sure that makes any sense at all. The problem is that the contact points of dF push the opposing bey away before they can make contact with the rubber of dF right? So if dF is standing perfectly still, and the contact points make up about 1/4 dF, and the rubber makes up another 1/4 of dF. Then, assuming there is uninterrupted contact with the opposing bey(which yeah, doesn't happen), the opposing bey has a 50% probability of making contact with smooth plastic and not being able to impart much spin, 25% probability of hitting textured rubber/plastic and imparting a little spin, and 25% of hitting the dragon heads and being knocked away.

So if dF is wobbling, those layer proportions don't change, what changes is the amount of time the opposing layer spends in contact with dF. So assuming that a wobbling dF only spends a generous 50% of its time in contact with the opposing layer, the opposing layer now has a 50% chance of hitting nothing, 25% chance of hitting plastic, 12.5% chance of hitting rubber, and 12.5% chance of getting knocked away. Instead of "dramatically increasing the contact with the rubber," You've halved the amount of time dF can use for spin stealing. On top of that any decrease in contact with the dragon heads is made irrelevant by the newly added time of simply not being in contact to spin steal in the first place.

Overall, if this theory is correct, you have a bey that's going to equalize spin less, and enter precession sooner, which simply means it's going to lose spin before the opposing bey. Revolve is not good for dF because it allows the bey to wobble, revolve is good for dF because it precesses for longer than any other tested part, making ideal for spin equalization combos.
I'm not sure of that seems to me that having more rubber surface on top of the layer then on it side...
(May. 31, 2017  6:17 PM)loyd87 Wrote: I'm not sure of that seems to me that having more rubber surface on top of the layer then on it side...

correct me if I am wrong for I do not have Drain Fafnir but one thing I learned from using ldrago guardian for spin stealing is that if you wobble there is a higher risk of getting knocked into the stadium causing a lost because of the rubber touching the floor. It would be more effective to use something balanced. For safety.
(May. 31, 2017  6:17 PM)loyd87 Wrote: I'm not sure of that seems to me that having more rubber surface on top of the layer then on it side...

Even so, if the top of dF is struck while it is off balance, the energy will be wasted on pushing dF further down, rather than pushing dF to spin faster. So the opposing bey will just knock dF further off balance, rather than dF stealing spin. In fact, if dF is so off-balance that the larger amount of rubber in the top of its layer is exposed to significant contact, its probably about to floor scrape and spin out anyway, making any stolen spin pretty useless to it.
(May. 31, 2017  6:23 PM)MWF Wrote:

correct me if I am wrong for I do not have Drain Fafnir but one thing I learned from using ldrago guardian for spin stealing is that if you wobble there is a higher risk of getting knocked into the stadium causing a lost because of the rubber touching the floor. It would be more effective to use something balanced. For safety.

you can't made the comparison with Ldrago Guardian. its totally a different set-up of rubber and you have the height factor you may change to 85 to 230. a better similarities with Meteo Ldrago absorb vers.(original one)

(May. 31, 2017  7:13 PM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote:

Even so, if the top of dF is struck while it is off balance, the energy will be wasted on pushing dF further down, rather than pushing dF to spin faster. So the opposing bey will just knock dF further off balance, rather than dF stealing spin. In fact, if dF is so off-balance that the larger amount of rubber in the top of its layer is exposed to significant contact, its probably about to floor scrape and spin out anyway, making any stolen spin pretty useless to it.

I understand your point. but what I've seen from the winning combination from AN. Drain Fafnir is more used on driver with some wobbling effect with better precession like Firefire said before. but in general in burst, we have mostly unbalanced part then a fully balanced parts. anyway I will conduct some test when I get my Drain Fafnir. I'm waiting it seems it was backordered since 4 weeks hah!
(May. 31, 2017  7:50 PM)loyd87 Wrote:
(May. 31, 2017  6:23 PM)MWF Wrote: correct me if I am wrong for I do not have Drain Fafnir but one thing I learned from using ldrago guardian for spin stealing is that if you wobble there is a higher risk of getting knocked into the stadium causing a lost because of the rubber touching the floor. It would be more effective to use something balanced. For safety.

you can't made the comparison with Ldrago Guardian. its totally a different set-up of rubber and you have the height factor you may change to 85 to 230. a better similarities with Meteo Ldrago absorb vers.(original one)

(May. 31, 2017  7:13 PM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote: Even so, if the top of dF is struck while it is off balance, the energy will be wasted on pushing dF further down, rather than pushing dF to spin faster. So the opposing bey will just knock dF further off balance, rather than dF stealing spin. In fact, if dF is so off-balance that the larger amount of rubber in the top of its layer is exposed to significant contact, its probably about to floor scrape and spin out anyway, making any stolen spin pretty useless to it.

I understand your point. but what I've seen from the winning combination from AN. Drain Fafnir is more used on driver with some wobbling effect with better precession like Firefire said before. but in general in burst, we have mostly unbalanced part then a fully balanced parts. anyway I will conduct some test when I get my Drain Fafnir. I'm waiting it seems it was backordered since 4 weeks hah!

ok I understand how it was a bad comparison. if it is balanced it has less of a risk of toppling before stealing spin theoretically. but with what I said if it wobbles too much even if it allows for more rubber contact it may not regain enough balance to keep from hitting the floor from the impact. but what do I know? I don't even have Drain Fafnir.
so a good combo is Drain Fafnir Gravity/8 Vortex/Yell Revolve/Orbit ????
(May. 31, 2017  5:47 PM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote:
Quote:Taking away balance for dF reduces the effects of the notches to a bare minimum in exchange for a slightly decreased surface area with the rubber, but the frequency of hitting the rubber will increase dramatically.

I'm not sure that makes any sense at all. The problem is that the contact points of dF push the opposing bey away before they can make contact with the rubber of dF right? So if dF is standing perfectly still, and the contact points make up about 1/4 dF, and the rubber makes up another 1/4 of dF. Then, assuming there is uninterrupted contact with the opposing bey(which yeah, doesn't happen), the opposing bey has a 50% probability of making contact with smooth plastic and not being able to impart much spin, 25% probability of hitting textured rubber/plastic and imparting a little spin, and 25% of hitting the dragon heads and being knocked away.

So if dF is wobbling, those layer proportions don't change, what changes is the amount of time the opposing layer spends in contact with dF. So assuming that a wobbling dF only spends a generous 50% of its time in contact with the opposing layer, the opposing layer now has a 50% chance of hitting nothing, 25% chance of hitting plastic, 12.5% chance of hitting rubber, and 12.5% chance of getting knocked away. Instead of "dramatically increasing the contact with the rubber," You've halved the amount of time dF can use for spin stealing. On top of that any decrease in contact with the dragon heads is made irrelevant by the newly added time of simply not being in contact to spin steal in the first place.
The thing is, knocking the opposing bey away can remove 2-3 seconds or more of contact time, while a wobbling dF only wastes half a second to almost none even when in contact with the plastic. Theoretically, the time used for spin stealing should be proportional to the exposed surface area, but then the effects of not coming into contact with the opposing bey would be negated. Again, Hold combos do not work well with dF because it wastes far too much time trying to catch up with the bey because it pushed the bey away. The time of contact would not be equal under both situations.
The Flugel Driver has very low precession

I think low precession can keep the beyblade stable and let the beyblade keep not get too low