[Product]  B-79 Starter Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing

(Apr. 20, 2017  11:31 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: I wonder if Drain Fafnir.Heavy.Revolve could be a good spin stealer

Wouldn't Orbit work better?
(Apr. 21, 2017  8:28 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote: Wouldn't Orbit work better?

I think Revolve would be better because whenever I paired it with L2 it was able to spin steal a little bit, And since dF has rubber I thought it would be a pretty good combo.
(Apr. 21, 2017  8:03 AM)MPZLShadow Wrote: No, the rubber will grip on to the layer and cause stamina loss as well as some teeth being clicked

How do you know this? The rubber barely sticks out.
Bits of exposed rubber have never been good for stamina against same-spin opponents in Beyblade. Rubber contact points have always benefited spin-stealing because they increased the surface area of contact, thereby increasing friction, between opposite spinning beys. If too much friction is encountered from the opposing direction of that bey's spin, especially in the case of a rubber-accentuated bey, its spin speed will decrease, and in the case of Burst, the chances of a Burst ocurring will increase dramatically.

There's not a whole lot of exposed rubber on dF, so it might not be as bad against same-spin opponents like L2 as Meteo L-Drago was against Lightning. However, only testing will tell us anything for sure.
(Apr. 26, 2017  10:57 AM)Basalt Fox Wrote: New video about Drain Fafnir: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0vxhsZL-cw
Theres something wrong with my laptop so i cant link it but someone made an unboxing vid on drain fafnir
(Apr. 27, 2017  2:42 PM)Lego bey god Wrote: Theres something wrong with my laptop so i cant link it but someone made an unboxing vid on drain fafnir

This?

Also, from the same YouTuber, Drain Fafnir versus Tornado Wyvern:

(Apr. 27, 2017  3:03 PM)Kai-V Wrote: This?

Also, from the same YouTuber, Drain Fafnir versus Tornado Wyvern:

Yup that was it
From that unboxing, its teeth look like L2's:

[Image: MTNfmd6.png]

Can't wait to test all these new parts!
Interesting, it seems to only have 3 teeth like an Attack-type. I wonder if they designed the layer with attack in mind, and later changed it to be more spin-steal oriented... Quite curious indeed.
(Apr. 27, 2017  10:44 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: Interesting, it seems to only have 3 teeth like an Attack-type. I wonder if they designed the layer with attack in mind, and later changed it to be more spin-steal oriented... Quite curious indeed.

Most likely, since the concept art shows that they based it heavily on Valkyrie's three-point attack design.
I guess the 4th tooth is literally nonexistent, there's just a gap
Only one battle, but it is still not looking good for Dark Deathscyther's stay in the metagame...
It seems dF is not so good at spin steal as Meteo L-drago...
Nothing doesn't seem to be good at all, it gets destabilized too easily
I swear if I ever get this beyblade, I would give it my own nickname. But still, I would still be interested in this beyblade

(Apr. 28, 2017  7:30 AM)Mage Wrote: Nothing doesn't seem to be good at all, it gets destabilized too easily

Would Yielding work?
(Apr. 28, 2017  5:14 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: It seems dF is not so good at spin steal as Meteo L-drago...

I think it must has to do something with Nothing driver. MaybedFGY/R would be GOD (Gaia Oval defence lol).
This doesn't bode that well either:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTNDm0ku9Tc
I think it might have to do with his launch, from my experience with L2 and Dg left spins work best in Burst when spinning slower
(Apr. 28, 2017  7:30 AM)Mage Wrote: Nothing doesn't seem to be good at all, it gets destabilized too easily

I guess u could say it's "nothing" special
(Apr. 28, 2017  10:28 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: I think it must has to do something with Nothing driver. MaybedFGY/R would be GOD (Gaia Oval defence lol).

Yeah maybe. But I saw this video of this guy using the parts for Fafnir that resembles Meteo L-Drago. Doesn't seem that bad. Uncertain

https://youtu.be/Z_gHrlO76J8
I feel like Drain Fafnir won't absorb Tornado Wyvern very well because of its spinning layer.

Also, where can you purchase this?
[Image: 83_FAB522-91_BE-4_F95-_BBB5-_C57_B03_BEDF9_A.jpg]It was released in Hong Kong in such a sudden.
News were scattering around like it will be available next week or 20th May.

Another pic
[Image: IMG_7442.jpg]