[Product]  B-79 Starter Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing

(Apr. 18, 2017  6:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Exactly. It seems very clear, knowing that only the F are made of rubber, that that material will barely come in contact with anything, in reality...

The position of the plastic and the rubber makes it look like they're meant to be "hooks" for the other Beyblade to latch onto and make Drain Fafnir spin faster
i think they put less rubber in the layer because cant burst so esaily remember that it's left spin and is not that agressive as lost longinus
(Apr. 18, 2017  11:39 PM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote: i think they put less rubber in the layer because cant burst so esaily remember that it's left spin and is not that agressive as lost longinus

Yup. If spinned too fast that rubber will not just act as break but also make it burst when hit a weak launched heavy weight layer (esspecially Baldur 2 Vortex Bite). So keeping rubber only where beyblade hook can make it much safer + it should also not "give much spin back" and still steal spin well according to my theory of Zombie combos https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Zombie-...e-opponent
The driver tip kinda retracts and stuff but during spin does the driver also have a free spinning function?
(Apr. 19, 2017  2:25 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: The driver tip kinda retracts and stuff but during spin does the driver also have a free spinning function?

You read my mind. I was thinking the exact some thing.
I'm sure Drain Fafnir will do bad against Lost Longinus due to it having rubber on the layer, so really, Lost Longinus is really the better beyblade over all

Also, these may be two good combos

Lost Longnius 4 Glaive Atomic
Drain Fafnir Triple Vortex Atomic

I am not sure about the type of beyblade it is
(Apr. 19, 2017  10:15 PM)MPZLShadow Wrote: I'm sure Drain Fafnir will do bad against Lost Longinus due to it having rubber on the layer, so really, Lost Longinus is really the better beyblade over all

Not necessarily, I feel that's another reason why they didn't put that much rubber in contact position, still won't know till it is released though so you could be right, plus from a cheating stand point since you can hand spin it for it's gimmick you could spin it in the right direction to spin steal from left spinning beys like L2 also(wouldn't be allowed in events though of course because it's official spin direction is indeed left)
(Apr. 19, 2017  10:31 PM)Beyblade Beyond Wrote: Not necessarily, I feel that's another reason why they didn't put that much rubber in contact position, still won't know till it is released though so you could be right, plus from a cheating stand point since you can hand spin it for it's gimmick you could spin it in the right direction to spin steal from left spinning beys like L2 also(wouldn't be allowed in events though of course because it's official spin direction is indeed left)

Adding to this, it really looks like the clear plastic "head" will take the impact in a Left vs Left battle rather than the rubber
(Apr. 19, 2017  10:15 PM)MPZLShadow Wrote: I'm sure Drain Fafnir will do bad against Lost Longinus due to it having rubber on the layer, so really, Lost Longinus is really the better beyblade over all

It will os longinus imo. It's rubber is a defensive feature so if anything longinus attack effects will be less than on other beys. And also is got more stamina due to the driver.

I don't think so. We can find three light blue hit points and the rubber parts are just behind these points. I think this design will make dF directly hit other left spin beyblades. In this case, there will be little differences between this and battles between right spin beyblades.
(Apr. 19, 2017  10:15 PM)MPZLShadow Wrote: Also, these may be two good combos

triple vortex is not possible because only the number disks can have frames btw
Spin Stealing requires the stealing bey to be quite proficient at staying in place on contact. Maybe Bite would be a suitable companion to dF.

As for 8, as well as all of the number disks, we might want to focus less on weight, but more on distribution. With all the existing number disks being about 21g, the major difference between them will only be the distribution of the weight (and, well, the aesthetic too...)
(Apr. 20, 2017  3:40 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote: Spin Stealing requires the stealing bey to be quite proficient at staying in place on contact. Maybe Bite would be a suitable companion to dF.

As for 8, as well as all of the number disks, we might want to focus less on weight, but more on distribution. With all the existing number disks being about 21g, the major difference between them will only be the distribution of the weight (and, well, the aesthetic too...)

Isn't 8 supposed to focus most of its weight towards the outside? But, since the frames need to be placed on the side wouldn't it be kind of imbalanced?
No, I think since the weight is symmetrically distributed, it'll be more like the Flash wheel from MFB
Lost Longinus may be better for defence due to it's weight and surprisingly, it's driver has a lot of stamina
It now depends on what type of teeth Drain Fafnir would have; strong or weak

But still, I will buy Drain Fafnir and Lost Longinus to compare them
(Apr. 20, 2017  3:40 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote: Spin Stealing requires the stealing bey to be quite proficient at staying in place on contact. Maybe Bite would be a suitable companion to dF.

It will be sitting in the middle of the stadium so i'm sure there won't be a problem. Also you want a good stamina part so I doubt you would want bite.

What makes you think rubber isn't good exactly?
This looks pretty interesting. Might pick it up.
(Apr. 20, 2017  9:46 AM)Ultra Wrote:  
It will be sitting in the middle of the stadium so i'm sure there won't be a problem. Also you want a good stamina part so I doubt you would want bite.

It's not just that it sits in the middle of the stadium, it needs to maintain contact with the opponent for maximum spin steal. It's one thing if it sits in the middle and gets sent flying. It's another if it holds it's ground.
(Apr. 20, 2017  6:07 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: It's not just that it sits in the middle of the stadium, it needs to maintain contact with the opponent for maximum spin steal. It's one thing if it sits in the middle and gets sent flying. It's another if it holds it's ground.

Where are you getting this info from? In plastics zombies that had plastic tips got flung about by attack combos but as long as they're not knocked out it didn't matter. The same thing app lies to burst just the same.
You can't always rely on the walls to save you thought, you also have to take account the teeth and how burst resistance dF is. Bite could help with KO resistance and it has a bit of LAD; but since dF is a zombie bey it needs the most LAD to help it last the last part of the battle. Revolve would probably work well with dF as it will probably be equalizing spin when hit too.
Perhaps a very loose Hold would work really well too.
Rubber can cause friction when attacking left spin beys which can make it burst easily
It's like Meteo L Drago against Lightning L drago
(Apr. 20, 2017  7:56 PM)MPZLShadow Wrote: Rubber can cause friction when attacking left spin beys which can make it burst easily
It's like Meteo L Drago against Lightning L drago

You don't know it will work like that. Friction doesn't make beys burst. It's the impact of the beys that makes them burst.
I wonder if Drain Fafnir.Heavy.Revolve could be a good spin stealer
No, the rubber will grip on to the layer and cause stamina loss as well as some teeth being clicked