[Product]  B-187 Starter Savior Valkyrie.Sh-7

(Jul. 24, 2021  11:23 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2021  12:26 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: So from what I've heard from people who has savior its seems like the blade couldn't handle its own recoil this could be easily handled with a right spin style bahamut core but since it doesn't exist for now at least making savior it's gonna be really hard
We have Lucifer 2. Oh wait, sorry it's from Sparking.

I'm probably getting Savior tommorow, I'll test it a lot. Very interested in it.

It has an 6/10 performance
(Jul. 24, 2021  7:30 PM)Legend27 Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2021  11:23 AM)g2_ Wrote: We have Lucifer 2. Oh wait, sorry it's from Sparking.

I'm probably getting Savior tommorow, I'll test it a lot. Very interested in it.

It has an 6/10 performance
That would be the stock combo.
Does anyone know a good way to awaken Savior? I’m trying Rage but so far it’s not doing much to get those pieces off of Savior. All I’m seeing is denting on those red rubber parts.
(Jul. 24, 2021  9:03 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Does anyone know a good way to awaken Savior? I’m trying Rage but so far it’s not doing much to get those pieces off of Savior. All I’m seeing is denting on those red rubber parts.

hmmm, i dont really know

if you wanna do it by battling i think you should get a different tip, put it on savior, then make some aggressive combos and savior will (most likely) awaken!

if no by battling, then try and grind the small rubber blades off
(Jul. 24, 2021  9:03 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Does anyone know a good way to awaken Savior? I’m trying Rage but so far it’s not doing much to get those pieces off of Savior. All I’m seeing is denting on those red rubber parts.

My suggestion is to put an aggressive driver on Savior then put it up against an aggressive bey
What's more aggressive than Rage? If that's not working, I doubt anything else will. You could try grinding it or maybe even turning the Musou stadium on (if you have it) and let Savior scrape against it.
(Jul. 24, 2021  9:41 PM)PinkRose Wrote: What's more aggressive than Rage? If that's not working, I doubt anything else will. You could try grinding it or maybe even turning the Musou stadium on (if you have it) and let Savior scrape against it.

How will the Musou stadium where down the Savior Blade? Musou is only for Drivers because they make more contact on the plate than a Layer can.
TT is making beyblade literal weapons at this point😂😂😂😂

(I meant it in a good way. )
Just received my Savior in the mail and I have to say..
The best way to wear Savior Valkyrie is by using a short Savior combination against a Rage 3A combination tall enough so that 3A acts as the main contact point. Using this method, I managed to awaken mine in about an hour.

With this said, I've tried both the awakened and unawakened versions of the Savior blade. Both have totally different uses. The unawakened one is terrible for attack, but has solid KO defense and can spin equalize quite well despite its more jagged shape. However, it is outclassed by Dynamite with the F Gear for spin equalization. On the other hand, the awakened version packs quite the punch whilst still retaining decent KO defense and exceptional spin equalization. Better than the unawakened version in my opinion, but as others have mentioned, burst resistance is more of an issue in this state. Surprisingly enough, the chip that mitigates it most (At the time of posting) is Valkyrie; in my attack testing, it hasn't burst but a couple times, and even those seem more like flukes to me.

The Valkyrie core is easily the most versatile part of Savior; works well on every right spin setup, but I recommend saving it for Savior. Despite what you hear about it, it's probably the best chip for burst resistance for right spin.

Shot is certainly an interesting one! I've looked forward to it since I saw the teaser Takara Tomy released, and wow, it actually managed to exceed my expectations. It's incredibly fun and isn't actually bad. Not something I'd use competitively, but definitely not Quest or Edge.

Probably the most disappointing part (For me, at least) is the V Gear. Sure, it adds extra weight to Venture, but in terms of a boost in attack power, there really isn't one. The only significant change is the fact that it can now occasionally draw with Drift, but even then, why use something that can only tie with it, and occasionally at that?

And then there's the launcher. All I can really say is that it's advertised as a "Power" launcher for a reason! Strongest launcher to date, with little to no jamming (From what I've seen), definitely a must have for competitive players.

Overall, this is a prime example as to why you shouldn't judge a release before having it yourself.
(Jul. 25, 2021  12:47 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: The best way to wear Savior Valkyrie is by using a short Savior combination against a Rage 3A combination tall enough so that 3A acts as the main contact point. Using this method, I managed to awaken mine in about an hour.

With this said, I've tried both the awakened and unawakened versions of the Savior blade. Both have totally different uses. The unawakened one is terrible for attack, but has solid KO defense and can spin equalize quite well despite its more jagged shape. However, it is outclassed by Dynamite with the F Gear for spin equalization. On the other hand, the awakened version packs quite the punch whilst still retaining decent KO defense and exceptional spin equalization. Better than the unawakened version in my opinion, but as others have mentioned, burst resistance is more of an issue in this state. Surprisingly enough, the chip that mitigates it most (At the time of posting) is Valkyrie; in my attack testing, it hasn't burst but a couple times, and even those seem more like flukes to me.

The Valkyrie core is easily the most versatile part of Savior; works well on every right spin setup, but I recommend saving it for Savior. Despite what you hear about it, it's probably the best chip for burst resistance for right spin.

Shot is certainly an interesting one! I've looked forward to it since I saw the teaser Takara Tomy released, and wow, it actually managed to exceed my expectations. It's incredibly fun and isn't actually bad. Not something I'd use competitively, but definitely not Quest or Edge.

Probably the most disappointing part (For me, at least) is the V Gear. Sure, it adds extra weight to Venture, but in terms of a boost in attack power, there really isn't one. The only significant change is the fact that it can now occasionally draw with Drift, but even then, why use something that can only tie with it, and occasionally at that?

And then there's the launcher. All I can really say is that it's advertised as a "Power" launcher for a reason! Strongest launcher to date, with little to no jamming (From what I've seen), definitely a must have for competitive players.

Overall, this is a prime example as to why you shouldn't judge a release before having it yourself.
The V-Gear also adds a bit more burst resistance to Venture but imo, it's not really as effective as we thought. Maybe that's just me tho and I just have a faulty Venture driver.
(Jul. 25, 2021  12:47 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: The best way to wear Savior Valkyrie is by using a short Savior combination against a Rage 3A combination tall enough so that 3A acts as the main contact point. Using this method, I managed to awaken mine in about an hour.

I agree with all of these opinions. I have seen people bashing it here, but it's really a top tier release. Stock is nothing special, but this is the best DB attack type, and the chip has potential. The power launcher is a must have. This might progress to trouble due to it costing more then your average launcher, but I guess we had the same situation with the long Sparking launchers.
I mean this bey is ok in my opinion. V-gear is a nice upgrade to venture and it’s cool to complete your perfect belial one step at a time. Launcher is good and all, but it reallly doesn’t change THAT much. It’s a bit more powerful, but if you’d rather spend your money on something else that’s ok. The chip does enable a bound gimmick, but it doesn’t work to well and it only has 2 teeth so even with a dash driver is struggles with bursting. Savior is good once awakened if you give it the right combo and shot is just average but fun to battle with. My overall rating out of 10 overall considering price, parts, competetive, design, just stuff for fun is a 6.5/10. It’s good but you might be better off spending it on something that is more valuable to you personally. But that’s just me.
(Jul. 25, 2021  1:13 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I mean this bey is ok in my opinion. V-gear is a nice upgrade to venture and it’s cool to complete your perfect belial one step at a time. Launcher is good and all, but it reallly doesn’t change THAT much. It’s a bit more powerful, but if you’d rather spend your money on something else that’s ok. The chip does enable a bound gimmick, but it doesn’t work to well and it only has 2 teeth so even with a dash driver is struggles with bursting. Savior is good once awakened if you give it the right combo and shot is just average but fun to battle with. My overall rating out of 10 overall considering price, parts, competetive, design, just stuff for fun is a 6.5/10. It’s good but you might be better off spending it on something that is more valuable to you personally. But that’s just me.

Should I purchase it? Because I'm trying to get into the competitive stage and the Valkryie chip could be competitive also I've been saving ever since it got revealed
(Jul. 25, 2021  1:13 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I mean this bey is ok in my opinion. V-gear is a nice upgrade to venture and it’s cool to complete your perfect belial one step at a time. Launcher is good and all, but it reallly doesn’t change THAT much. It’s a bit more powerful, but if you’d rather spend your money on something else that’s ok. The chip does enable a bound gimmick, but it doesn’t work to well and it only has 2 teeth so even with a dash driver is struggles with bursting. Savior is good once awakened if you give it the right combo and shot is just average but fun to battle with. My overall rating out of 10 overall considering price, parts, competetive, design, just stuff for fun is a 6.5/10. It’s good but you might be better off spending it on something that is more valuable to you personally. But that’s just me.

You don't have it though, do you? I think the videos are making it look garbage. I have already made some of my best competitive combos using the layer. I also think that the driver... might have potential. It has really good tornado stalling. Savior beat Vanish due to tornado stalling.
(Jul. 25, 2021  1:17 AM)USN Wrote:

You don't have it though, do you? I think the videos are making it look garbage. I have already made some of my best competitive combos using the layer. I also think that the driver... might have potential. It has really good tornado stalling. Savior beat Vanish due to tornado stalling.
No, I don’t have it. I’m not saying it’s bad. I’m just saying the chip’s bound gimmick isn’t practical and shot is average. Everything else is good, but that’s just from the videos which to be honest are making it look bad a bit. Another thing, I thought you told me that you were getting your savior Valkryie tomorrow? Or was I confused?

(Jul. 25, 2021  1:15 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:

Should I purchase it? Because I'm trying to get into the competitive stage and the Valkryie chip could be competitive also I've been saving ever since it got revealed
Well, it depends. I honestly if you already have a dB launcher and a good right attack layer then you may want to lay off to buy something better, or buy it. I don’t actually have the release, I’m just judging based on what I’ve seen so I honestly don’t know. It depends on what suits you best!
(Jul. 25, 2021  1:19 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2021  1:17 AM)USN Wrote: You don't have it though, do you? I think the videos are making it look garbage. I have already made some of my best competitive combos using the layer. I also think that the driver... might have potential. It has really good tornado stalling. Savior beat Vanish due to tornado stalling.
No, I don’t have it. I’m not saying it’s bad. I’m just saying the chip’s bound gimmick isn’t practical and shot is average. Everything else is good, but that’s just from the videos which to be honest are making it look bad a bit. Another thing, I thought you told me that you were getting your savior Valkryie tomorrow? Or was I confused?

(Jul. 25, 2021  1:15 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Should I purchase it? Because I'm trying to get into the competitive stage and the Valkryie chip could be competitive also I've been saving ever since it got revealed
Well, it depends. I honestly if you already have a dB launcher and a good right attack layer then you may want to lay off to buy something better, or buy it. I don’t actually have the release, I’m just judging based on what I’ve seen so I honestly don’t know. It depends on what suits you best!

If I'm being honest I really need Savior, 1. It comes with a DB Launcher something I really need 2. It comes with V Gear to upgrade my Dynamite (My friend is gonna give me F Gear) 3. I can swap up the parts
(Jul. 25, 2021  1:22 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2021  1:19 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: No, I don’t have it. I’m not saying it’s bad. I’m just saying the chip’s bound gimmick isn’t practical and shot is average. Everything else is good, but that’s just from the videos which to be honest are making it look bad a bit. Another thing, I thought you told me that you were getting your savior Valkryie tomorrow? Or was I confused?

If I'm being honest I really need Savior, 1. It comes with a DB Launcher something I really need 2. It comes with V Gear to upgrade my Dynamite (My friend is gonna give me F Gear) 3. I can swap up the parts
Well enjoy Savior Valkryie then!
(Jul. 25, 2021  1:24 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2021  1:22 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: If I'm being honest I really need Savior, 1. It comes with a DB Launcher something I really need 2. It comes with V Gear to upgrade my Dynamite (My friend is gonna give me F Gear) 3. I can swap up the parts
Well enjoy Savior Valkryie then!
LOL, I can't get it right now but I will soon
(Jul. 25, 2021  1:25 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2021  1:24 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Well enjoy Savior Valkryie then!
LOL, I can't get it right now but I will soon

Cool!
I bought 2 Saviors and lucked out and got a red variant. I only say this to ensure you are aware of my extra hype before I give an opinion.
I honestly feel like this is so far one of the most fun part sets to be released in DB. I won't lie and say that it's as competitive as the other recent releases but it definitely delivers some cool new parts.
Layer:
I really like the savior layer. It's very aggressive and the rubber does a good job of slowing down other beys to compensate for its lack of stamina. Of course like any attack layer, it's success it's base on it's ability to make good contact. Awakening the laying through battle takes time. The rubber is soft but not as frail as it feels. The only negative I've noticed is that the rubber doesn't play well with wall contact at all. This may change once I've fully awakened it but there's plenty of rubber besides what's meant to come off.
Chip:
The chip is awesome. The bound gimmick works well. Paired with how hard the layer hits, it can really put in work. The teeth are meh. But after taking time to really look at the design I can't see how else it would work with any more teeth than it has without crippling the gimmick or making it OP. Unfortunately the chip is best paired with a dash driver if you want to use the Savior layer with it.
Armor:
The seven armor is fine. I'm not personally a fan of unbalanced layer parts. At least with seven it doesn't feel like overkill so the stamina isn't too hurt. Which is nice since it would be strange to not give this bey an attack armor for the stock combo.
Driver:
Shot is a mixed bag for me. On one hand it's very fun and adds a little extra flair to your battles (if you care about that). The jump works well and it can provide decent smash attacks. On the other hand it flat out should have been a dash driver. This driver having a normal spring makes it almost useless to it's stock combo unless seeing a burst is what you are after. Now if you pair it with a layer that has good teeth it can be somewhat useful. Because the driver sits up very high once it activates a lot of layers can avoid taking to many direct hits. It has better stamina and LAD than I thought it would but at the end of the day, it's very much an attack driver in performance. It puts a good amount of weight to most combos so hitting hard isn't an issue.
LR Power Launcher:
It's cool. If you struggle with getting a hard launch it's helpful. But if you can generate good power on your own, it's not necessary. The colors are nice.
V Gear:
It's a good addition to the venture driver. It adds good weight, extra LAD, and more burst resistance. The gear does seem to calm down the aggressive movement but that's expected with more weight. Overall it's a definitely an upgrade from the testing I've done so far.
Full Set:
I'd say this set is a buy for attack style players. Most of the parts work well although not together. It comes with a good launcher and an upgrade for Beliel if you have it. If you are looking for a competitive bey out the box, this isn't the best first choice. I'd rate it overall a 7.5-8/10. It's not the best stock combo but I think each part has something to offer.

My current Savior combo is Savior Valkyrie, 2 armor, Giga, Ultimate reboot dash. I'm really enjoying it and it's speeding along my awakening nicely.
Funny how some people are blaming Savior blade for bad burst resistance and others do the same with Valkyrie core when the truth is these parts are both 'double-sided swords' and work together perfectly (covering each others weaknesses the best way possible so far). I guess the best SV combos would be Savior Valkyrie Giga Evolution'/Variable'/Xceed'+Z - 3/6
I want to buy this so one question to ask. Competitive or Not?
Has anyone considered the idea that shot’s jump is what it taking away from burst resistance? I really don’t think the problem is the Core or Blade.
(Jul. 25, 2021  3:54 PM)Orbit Wrote: Has anyone considered the idea that shot’s jump is what it taking away from burst resistance? I really don’t think the problem is the Core or Blade.

No, its the teeth. Beybladegeeks pointed out that it only need 1 click to burst. Others bey are having at least 3 click