[Product]  B-139 Starter Wizard Fafnir.Rt.Rs 閃

(Apr. 07, 2019  4:54 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I'm hoping that GT takes after Cho-Z in the sense that the Beys first wave or two have no gimmicks in the layers, but then almost every other Bey has a layer gimmick. The GT Fafnir's Layer Base almost certainly has rubber on it, which was considered as a gimmick in the God Layer System, so there is hopefully a trend going on here.

Rubber is a staple of the Fafnir line. Just like how metal is the staple of Longinus.

It has rubber because it wouldn't be Fafnir without it. I doubt they will put gimmicks along with the customization. It would make things too cluttered.
(Apr. 07, 2019  4:54 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I'm hoping that GT takes after Cho-Z in the sense that the Beys first wave or two have no gimmicks in the layers, but then almost every other Bey has a layer gimmick. The GT Fafnir's Layer Base almost certainly has rubber on it, which was considered as a gimmick in the God Layer System, so there is hopefully a trend going on here.

I'd be surprised if the Disk and Driver are just recycled parts from ChouZ. Here's hoping they make a Disk that looks like a core Disk+Proof from underneath but has small rubber protrusions like Zenith at least on the upper portion of the Disk - spin equalizing while having LAD yo
(Apr. 07, 2019  4:58 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:

I'd be surprised if the Disk and Driver are just recycled parts from ChouZ. Here's hoping they make a Disk that looks like a core Disk+Proof from underneath but has small rubber protrusions like Zenith at least on the upper portion of the Disk - spin equalizing while having LAD yo
Actually if the disk had any rubber that was in a place where it could make potential contact it would have pretty bad LAD because the friction of the disk to stadium contact would decrease velocity and slow down the spin.
(Apr. 07, 2019  5:27 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2019  4:58 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I'd be surprised if the Disk and Driver are just recycled parts from ChouZ. Here's hoping they make a Disk that looks like a core Disk+Proof from underneath but has small rubber protrusions like Zenith at least on the upper portion of the Disk - spin equalizing while having LAD yo
Actually if the disk had any rubber that was in a place where it could make potential contact it would have pretty bad LAD because the friction of the disk to stadium contact would decrease velocity and slow down the spin.

I think what he means is that it would be placed too high to touch the ground when the combo is toppled, but still prominent enough so that it can, in theory, increase Spin Steal potential during Disk to Layer contact. Although this would also cause Fafnir to self-burst against a right spin Bey because of the way disks work.
(Apr. 07, 2019  5:45 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2019  5:27 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Actually if the disk had any rubber that was in a place where it could make potential contact it would have pretty bad LAD because the friction of the disk to stadium contact would decrease velocity and slow down the spin.

I think what he means is that it would be placed too high to touch the ground when the combo is toppled, but still prominent enough so that it can, in theory, increase Spin Steal potential during Disk to Layer contact. Although this would also cause Fafnir to self-burst against a right spin Bey because of the way disks work.
If it was that high it would not make any contact since the opposing layer would need to wedge in between the disk and layer.
I can say Fafnir will be have on OP Base
Weight is Confirmed to be GOKU or EXTREME
On all the talk about gimmicks in GT layers: Doesn't the Random Booster layer Cosmo have rollers?
(Apr. 07, 2019  6:01 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2019  5:45 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I think what he means is that it would be placed too high to touch the ground when the combo is toppled, but still prominent enough so that it can, in theory, increase Spin Steal potential during Disk to Layer contact. Although this would also cause Fafnir to self-burst against a right spin Bey because of the way disks work.
If it was that high it would not make any contact since the opposing layer would need to wedge in between the disk and layer.

That's why I said "in theory," although the disk could be thick enough to barely fit the rubber, considering the fact that none of them need frames anymore.
(Apr. 07, 2019  8:54 AM)LegendSonu Wrote: I can say Fafnir will be have on OP Base
Weight is Confirmed to be GOKU or EXTREME

Goku weight comes with the new gold Slash Valkyrie. Fafnir’s weight is unconfirmed.

We can see a glimpse of it in zankye’s video, and it doesn’t really look like Goku.
(Apr. 07, 2019  5:45 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2019  5:27 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Actually if the disk had any rubber that was in a place where it could make potential contact it would have pretty bad LAD because the friction of the disk to stadium contact would decrease velocity and slow down the spin.

Maybe "cause" is being absolute, it may "possibly cause" self-Burst if it was against same spin. Another nice hopeful possibility if this Disk would be produced is that Fafnir's Base gimmick would be something like a reverse gimmick of vL and sR (where the Layer at high spin would cover the rubber contact points of the said Disk and that the rubber contact points of the Layer will retract for full-plastic attack; then when it loses enough spin it does the reverse and it has all the rubber contact points out)
(Apr. 09, 2019  10:45 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2019  5:45 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I think what he means is that it would be placed too high to touch the ground when the combo is toppled, but still prominent enough so that it can, in theory, increase Spin Steal potential during Disk to Layer contact. Although this would also cause Fafnir to self-burst against a right spin Bey because of the way disks work.

Maybe "cause" is being absolute, it may "possibly cause" self-Burst if it was against same spin. Another nice hopeful possibility if this Disk would be produced is that Fafnir's Base gimmick would be something like a reverse gimmick of vL and sR (where the Layer at high spin would cover the rubber contact points of the said Disk and that the rubber contact points of the Layer will retract for full-plastic attack; then when it loses enough spin it does the reverse and it has all the rubber contact points out)

I don't think that such a complex gimmick is necessary on a Disk that is meant for spin-stealing. Also, it wouldn't cause a burst during same-spin disk to layer contact. It can only happen if it's an opposite-spin battle and the Bey with rubber on its disk is spinning faster than the opponent.
(Apr. 07, 2019  1:34 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: On all the talk about gimmicks in GT layers: Doesn't the Random Booster layer Cosmo have rollers?
Looks like it.
"You're a Wizard, Fafnir"

"I'm a what?"
(Apr. 10, 2019  10:19 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3yB86UWsAIRJq2.jpg

The episode spoilers reveal the new Fafnir is Wizard Fafnir.

It's definitely the oddest name so far in my opinion, it just seems so unfitting. Again, I don't mind it too much because a name is just a name.
I am just wondering is TT turning into Hasbro for the naming part of it hopefully they don't start taking the metal out
(Apr. 10, 2019  11:10 PM)abidjkhan7 Wrote: I am just wondering is TT turning into Hasbro for the naming part of it hopefully they don't start taking the metal out

Takara Tomy makes the names for Hasbro names. They won't take the metal out because TT goes for good quality. Heck, they even gave Storm Pegasus some metal for its Burst remake! Point being, TT imitating their own naming style doesn't mean that they'll go Turbo on us.
(Apr. 10, 2019  10:20 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: "You're a Wizard, Fafnir"

"I'm a what?"

i love it! lol
(Apr. 11, 2019  12:12 AM)William Cochran Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2019  10:20 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: "You're a Wizard, Fafnir"

"I'm a what?"

i love it! lol

IKR the name is pretty fresh, the transition from Drain to Geist to Wizard is very interesting.
I like that its a silly name and not something like Destroyer Mega Slasher Fafnir
(Apr. 11, 2019  3:12 AM)Tommykats Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2019  12:12 AM)William Cochran Wrote: i love it! lol

IKR the name is pretty fresh, the transition from Drain to Geist to Wizard is very interesting.

Well when you DRAIN the life out of something it becomes a GEIST, and WIZARDS can use GEISTS to DRAIN the energy out of people
(Apr. 11, 2019  3:59 AM)BurstMaster Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2019  3:12 AM)Tommykats Wrote: IKR the name is pretty fresh, the transition from Drain to Geist to Wizard is very interesting.

Well when you DRAIN the life out of something it becomes a GEIST, and WIZARDS can use GEISTS to DRAIN the energy out of people

It actually has a nice ring to it, if you're a fan of Kamen Rider Wizard, it actually sounds cool when you pronounce it "wiza-do", kinda like when you say "ZA WARUDO" instead of The World.

It might mean that we can expect some good gimmicks aside from the spin steal
I don't know how I feel about this name, it doesn't match with what Fafnir is or was. I was expecting something more relevant I guess? But if Fafnir turns up with some magical abilities like it has said in the episode spoiler, it would make more sense.
I hope it grows on me over time, I don't mind it, but I would like to like it.
(Apr. 11, 2019  3:59 AM)BurstMaster Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2019  3:12 AM)Tommykats Wrote: IKR the name is pretty fresh, the transition from Drain to Geist to Wizard is very interesting.

TT really planned this out didn’t they