[Product]  B-139 Starter Wizard Fafnir.Rt.Rs 閃

(Apr. 11, 2019  5:27 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2019  5:21 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Probably not. There's probably some form of molding inside that prevents Right Spin Chips from being used

There is, most notably the teeth and the way it's positioned.

both teeth and Base have their slots, which are made for single spin only. Until you cut small area of Base part of teeth and make it free spinning or rotatable, it won't be LR
It seems that this base has rubber all around the perimeter of the base. I make this assumption from the picture, because there's no separations in the layer and it ought to have rubber.
This could potentially be the best spin stealer of burst
(Apr. 11, 2019  8:40 PM)Garvin prime Wrote: It seems that this base has rubber all around the perimeter of the base. I make this assumption from the picture, because there's no separations in the layer and it ought to have rubber.

I'd say "better get a good left-spin counter" except Hell Salamander still exists to deal with it.

I swear guys, we'll get out of Cho-Z eventually!
Wizard Fafnir is kind of a weird name to me but, I guess it’s not bad. A greedy wizard dragon is cool I guess.
Addressing the changes to Fafnir, including Fumiya being the owner, WF is going to be different than the other Fafnirs. Now that Free is gone, there is no need to continue bringing back the springy Drivers for it, since Fumiya doesn't need to have a Nothing Break style move. Basically, Wizard Fafnir can focus on the spin-stealing aspect more than shock absorption this time around.
Fakes: Hey Wizard base! I know what we are gonna do today!!
Wizard Base: What?
Fakes: Remove your rubber and replace it with plastic!!!
(Apr. 11, 2019  11:43 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2019  8:40 PM)Garvin prime Wrote: It seems that this base has rubber all around the perimeter of the base. I make this assumption from the picture, because there's no separations in the layer and it ought to have rubber.

I'd say "better get a good left-spin counter" except Hell Salamander still exists to deal with it.

Here's the thing, on Xtreme', the Slash Base can consistently Knock-Out Hell Salamander, sometimes even Burst it. And it invalidates Archer Hercules too

(Apr. 12, 2019  2:02 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Addressing the changes to Fafnir, including Fumiya being the owner, WF is going to be different than the other Fafnirs. Now that Free is gone, there is no need to continue bringing back the springy Drivers for it, since Fumiya doesn't need to have a Nothing Break style move. Basically, Wizard Fafnir can focus on the spin-stealing aspect more than shock absorption this time around.

Well, Buster Xcalibur still had the "lose too clicks and increase power" gimmick despite ownership of the Beyblade changing. So I don't see that happening
(Apr. 12, 2019  2:06 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2019  11:43 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: I'd say "better get a good left-spin counter" except Hell Salamander still exists to deal with it.

Here's the thing, on Xtreme', the Slash Base can consistently Knock-Out Hell Salamander, sometimes even Burst it. And it invalidates Archer Hercules too

(Apr. 12, 2019  2:02 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Addressing the changes to Fafnir, including Fumiya being the owner, WF is going to be different than the other Fafnirs. Now that Free is gone, there is no need to continue bringing back the springy Drivers for it, since Fumiya doesn't need to have a Nothing Break style move. Basically, Wizard Fafnir can focus on the spin-stealing aspect more than shock absorption this time around.

Well, Buster Xcalibur still had the "lose too clicks and increase power" gimmick despite ownership of the Beyblade changing. So I don't see that happening

That was advertised as more of a layer gimmick, plus Xander/Xhaka trained Xavier/Xhan, which is why bX has click-based moves. Sure, it's completely possible that WF can have another springy Driver, but I think it's more likely for it to focus more on Spin-Stealing becauseof the vibes given off by Fumiya and Wizard Fafnir.
One thing's for sure, I'll probably be expecting vs hand spinning WF videos by Youtubers when this releases... uhh, when exactly?
(Apr. 12, 2019  2:06 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Here's the thing, on Xtreme', the Slash Base can consistently Knock-Out Hell Salamander, sometimes even Burst it. And it invalidates Archer Hercules too

I've done some of that testing myself, although I haven't tested it against hS yet. My testing still only put aH at about 55% chance to win (as seen in this thread), which is either proof that my aggressive launches are rusty, my Xtreme' is getting too worn, or it's just a slightly disadvantaged battle for Hercules and not really "invalidating" it.

My point still remains that Hell Salamander's likely going to be a pretty hard counter to Wizard Fafnir assuming Wizard Fafnir turns out to be any good, even if it might mean facing off against Slash on occasion. The only other thing I could see countering it is Cho-Z Spriggan in left-spin, and I'm not all too sure that's much better against Slash. Kinda feels to me like an up-and-coming Rock/Paper/Scissors type scenario tbh, especially if Wizard Fafnir counters Slash.
Oh, Rise looks interesting. I think I see how Wizard Fafnir could have the ability to go from 0 to spinning as TT described it's better spin stealing ability. It's not just the Wizard Base having better rubber coverage, but what looks to be the Rise Driver's ability to easily stand it up and have the Bey at the perfect position to start spin stealing without spinning. Obviously illegal in official tournaments, but could possibly make your friends hate you if they don't see it coming(the only way they can't see it coming is if they didn't know anything about Fafnir, which is highly unlikely). Ratchet is very unclear what it does atm. How Rise will be in the meta, I have absolutely no idea, but still an interesting driver.
Ratchet is a kind of gear that can only spin in one direction...
And that Disc looks sooo thick...
That driver looks so similar to revolve from the pictures.
That... is a lot of rubber on Wizard. That'll have no issue equalizing spin whatsoever. Glad it looks less aggressive than Geist tbh, because this actually looks feasible.

Sen is basically Gok, but less fancy. Have to wonder where it sits in terms of weight, but I kinda see it working out for both for Stamina and Attack as long as it's not incredibly lightweight somehow.

Ratchet's name has me thinking too much about possible ratcheting devices in it, although I'm not sure what that would do for it. Might just be a Hurricane that clicks every now and then or something? Maybe you can click it back and then it'll release mid-battle for a slight momentum boost? It looks neat, and the light blue fits it so much better than Proof's green ever did for Geist, but by golly I've got nothing on what its abilities might be.

Rise... honestly doesn't say much to me, although it looks a tad tall. I squinted at it and I think I see a spring inside, so this is already looking to be another form of the spring-loaded driver Fafnir's been known for. Maybe it'll increase in height later into the battle? Eh, maybe not since there's no visible trigger for that sort of thing. Maybe it's more like a cross between Absorb's shape and Nothing's spring, but also tall? Maybe it's like Trygle's blade base and a hard enough hit will make the bey spring upwards? That would be kinda cool actually.
If you look at the snippet from the manga, you can see a hand placing Fafnir onto the stadium floor. And TT advertises that the new Fafnir can steal spin without spinning. Those two together leads me to believe that Rise allows it to keep the Bey upright, allowing Fafnir to be in position to steal its opponent's spin without spinning. Though how good Rise will actually be is unknown until testing is done. Most likely have a weak spin because TT scared of BGrin dominance from Metal Fight.
(Apr. 12, 2019  6:14 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote: If you look at the snippet from the manga, you can see a hand placing Fafnir onto the stadium floor. And TT advertises that the new Fafnir can steal spin without spinning. Those two together leads me to believe that Rise allows it to keep the Bey upright, allowing Fafnir to be in position to steal its opponent's spin without spinning. Though how good Rise will actually be is unknown until testing is done. Most likely have a weak spin because TT scared of BGrin dominance from Metal Fight.

Quite possible now that you mention it. This only makes me want to see a better angle even more.
can someone possibly translate the driver description??
[Image: uVvC5Hi.png]
If normal Starters get this Launcher, I wonder what Season Bosses would getting

[Image: UrJjFT7.png]

Seer-iously?? Rise IS flat??
I used google translate, and I think I have an idea of what the Disk and Driver do. Ratchet supposedly has a spinning gimmick that allows it to spin in only one direction and gets stuck when hit in the other direction. I don't know, but I'm guessing that it only spins against Right-Spin Beys. As for Rise, it's meant to keep the Bey upright for as long as possible.
EDIT: Looking at the manga, maybe Ratchet is meant to improve LAD anallow WF to start battling from 0 stamina, like the teaser said. Maybe the turn one way thing was just about how the contact points are strong in one direction.
Driver looks like free spining gimick with Guard?