[Product]  B-129 Starter Cho-Z Achilles OO Dimension

(Jan. 19, 2019  2:54 AM)marutti Wrote: https://youtu.be/fJKpmGw4E5U

"You see, Mr. Powers... I love gooold!"

Honestly though, that gold 00 looks amazing. The layer's perhaps a bit so-so, as there's just not enough color variety to it.
(Jan. 19, 2019  8:41 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2019  2:54 AM)marutti Wrote: https://youtu.be/fJKpmGw4E5U

"You see, Mr. Powers... I love gooold!"

Honestly though, that gold 00 looks amazing. The layer's perhaps a bit so-so, as there's just not enough color variety to it.

The gold recolor might probably be the best way to overlook the sickly yellow underneath the Layer ahahaha

If this follows the gold recolor mold of Sr, then I'd assume the teeth would also be bad. Plus, for me, I buy to use not simply to take pictures or display (except OG Layers and limited editions maybe)
(Jan. 03, 2019  2:17 AM)KingSpin Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2019  7:16 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: But does the disk have good stamina? This is the big question burning in me right now, and the one thing I still have no answer to. A heavy weight is powerful for Attack and Defense, but you need a solid outwards weight distribution to really be good for Stamina.
From my testing, it seems it performs very similarly to the 0 disk. I haven’t tried a mirror match of 00 against 0, but I suspect 00 will have a tad better stamina than 0.

It appears to have inferior weight distribution across all axes, compared to 0. Notice that the weights on 0 aren’t located on the same sides as the tabs, while 00 has that.. something like 10.

However, a lot of the weight is situated on the outer perimeter. This allows it to have immense OWD, giving it strong stamina potential.

Much as I hate to say it, 00 outclasses 0 in both attack and stamina aspects. It would be better for TT to make heavier but imbalanced disks to buff attack types and not fuel the stamina metagame.

How about it terms of precession on Br, KingSpin? Does 00 have a bit more than 0?
(Jan. 25, 2019  6:43 AM)Biggster Wrote: How about it terms of precession on Br, KingSpin? Does 00 have a bit more than 0?

I've actually done a few tests of 00 vs 0 in terms of LAD. (Sr, Bump, Bearing)

I feel that the extra weight doesn't make a significant impact for LAD. In fact, it seems like the lighter disk (0) wins more sometimes. This might be attributed to the theory that lighter beys have better precession/LAD.

Will do more testing and will let you know when I come to a conclusion.

On a side note, I just discovered a huge problem with Cho-Z Achilles (the layer). When you do a lot of battles with it, the protruding edges get blunted and eventually disappear. This makes the bey have much less attack potential, but also reduces the possibility of self-bursts dramatically. If you want to use it for attack, you might want to prepare additional copies for tournament usage.
(Jan. 25, 2019  8:08 AM)KingSpin Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2019  6:43 AM)Biggster Wrote: How about it terms of precession on Br, KingSpin? Does 00 have a bit more than 0?

I've actually done a few tests of 00 vs 0 in terms of LAD. (Sr, Bump, Bearing)

I feel that the extra weight doesn't make a significant impact for LAD. In fact, it seems like the lighter disk (0) wins more sometimes. This might be attributed to the theory that lighter beys have better precession/LAD.

On a side note, I just discovered a huge problem with Cho-Z Achilles (the layer). When you do a lot of battles with it, the protruding edges get blunted and eventually disappear. This makes the bey have much less attack potential, but also reduces the possibility of self-bursts dramatically. If you want to use it for attack, you might want to prepare additional copies for tournament usage.

For the attack potential of CZ-A, I think it was really meant for smash attacks due to the Burst-stopping gimmick being hidden behind the larger parts of the Layer. If wear-down of the Layer's contact points helps with avoiding self-Bursts, then I think it is better to use that instead of a fresh copy? 

I do find that it does well with Destroy and its Prime/Dash version (better for CZ-A with worn down teeth) both for LAD and Attack/stalling potential combined with 00+Glaive for balance or Dagger for pure Attack.

The Dimension Driver is not too great. Been playing around with it in test battles, but the modes change abruptly upon gripping the stadium on anything except soft launches. It would've been an awesome Driver if it still retained the locking mechanism of Xtend...
(Jan. 26, 2019  12:33 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2019  8:08 AM)KingSpin Wrote: I've actually done a few tests of 00 vs 0 in terms of LAD. (Sr, Bump, Bearing)

For the attack potential of CZ-A, I think it was really meant for smash attacks due to the Burst-stopping gimmick being hidden behind the larger parts of the Layer. If wear-down of the Layer's contact points helps with avoiding self-Bursts, then I think it is better to use that instead of a fresh copy? 

I do find that it does well with Destroy and its Prime/Dash version (better for CZ-A with worn down teeth) both for LAD and Attack/stalling potential combined with 00+Glaive for balance or Dagger for pure Attack.

The Dimension Driver is not too great. Been playing around with it in test battles, but the modes change abruptly upon gripping the stadium on anything except soft launches. It would've been an awesome Driver if it still retained the locking mechanism of Xtend...

Worn out teeth? Did they use pre-Dual Layer teeth?

At this point, I may as well just get the launcher (and disc, possibly) then, since the layer and driver in this release definitely seem replaceable tbh...
(Jan. 26, 2019  1:04 AM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2019  12:33 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: For the attack potential of CZ-A, I think it was really meant for smash attacks due to the Burst-stopping gimmick being hidden behind the larger parts of the Layer. If wear-down of the Layer's contact points helps with avoiding self-Bursts, then I think it is better to use that instead of a fresh copy? 

Worn out teeth? Did they use pre-Dual Layer teeth?

At this point, I may as well just get the launcher (and disc, possibly) then, since the layer and driver in this release definitely seem replaceable tbh...

I suppose the teeth will wear out but not as easily as pre-Dual Layers, but I do know from experience that tighter Drivers contribute to hastening the wear-out and even break the teeth due to hard collisions. This starter is fair enough for everything except the Driver, tbh. The Layer is nice, the Launcher is a must, the Disk provides you more options aside from 0, 10, and 7
(Jan. 26, 2019  1:19 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2019  1:04 AM)Dragunix Wrote: Worn out teeth? Did they use pre-Dual Layer teeth?

I suppose the teeth will wear out but not as easily as pre-Dual Layers, but I do know from experience that tighter Drivers contribute to hastening the wear-out and even break the teeth due to hard collisions. This starter is fair enough for everything except the Driver, tbh. The Layer is nice, the Launcher is a must, the Disk provides you more options aside from 0, 10, and 7

Good points.

A quick question: does CZ-V have the same problem? Or has this simply been a problem that's been around for the duration of Burst anyways?
(Jan. 26, 2019  2:21 AM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2019  1:19 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I suppose the teeth will wear out but not as easily as pre-Dual Layers, but I do know from experience that tighter Drivers contribute to hastening the wear-out and even break the teeth due to hard collisions. This starter is fair enough for everything except the Driver, tbh. The Layer is nice, the Launcher is a must, the Disk provides you more options aside from 0, 10, and 7

Good points.

A quick question: does CZ-V have the same problem? Or has this simply been a problem that's been around for the duration of Burst anyways?

It's been a thing since the beginning that the teeth wears out eventually, but it was worse in the beginning of the Basic layer Beys and was improved since Xcalibur.F.X so that the wear is lesser than it was. I'm not sure about ChoA having a teeth problem, but I wouldn't be surprised.
(Jan. 26, 2019  12:33 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: For the attack potential of CZ-A, I think it was really meant for smash attacks due to the Burst-stopping gimmick being hidden behind the larger parts of the Layer. If wear-down of the Layer's contact points helps with avoiding self-Bursts, then I think it is better to use that instead of a fresh copy? 

The point of using it was to do smash attacks... wearing the edges down only reduces its smash attack potential. So even though you'll have less self-bursts, you nerf the reason why you're using it in the first place - smash attacks.

(Jan. 26, 2019  1:04 AM)Dragunix Wrote: Worn out teeth? Did they use pre-Dual Layer teeth?

No, don't get confused, he was talking about the same thing as me. We were discussing about the protruding edges (where the layer contacts the opponent) being worn, not teeth. As far as I can tell, the teeth on mine are still good as new (even though I've used it in a crazy number of battles).
(Jan. 26, 2019  3:27 AM)KingSpin Wrote:

The point of using it was to do smash attacks... wearing the edges down only reduces its smash attack potential. So even though you'll have less self-bursts, you nerf the reason why you're using it in the first place - smash attacks.

No, don't get confused, he was talking about the same thing as me. We were discussing about the protruding edges (where the layer contacts the opponent) being worn, not teeth. As far as I can tell, the teeth on mine are still good as new (even though I've used it in a crazy number of battles).

Thanks for the extra confirmation. Just looked over the original post and in hindsight, I probably just took one look at "better for CZ-A with worn down teeth" and forgot to take in the rest of it. 

Sorry for my hasty reply.
(Feb. 09, 2019  4:17 AM)yukenta Wrote: This poor person's gold 00 disc... Only weighs 17 grams..... https://twitter.com/8ol3yF8XzIJitbD/stat...3009130496

GeeZ, previously I heard the lightest was 21g....wow
(Feb. 09, 2019  4:19 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2019  4:17 AM)yukenta Wrote: This poor person's gold 00 disc... Only weighs 17 grams..... https://twitter.com/8ol3yF8XzIJitbD/stat...3009130496

GeeZ, previously I heard the lightest was 21g....wow

Ouch. That has to be one of the saddest and painful things to experience, getting a gold/exclusive version of the part only to find it was nerfed weight-wise badly

LOL. This is almost as bad as the ironically light 14-15g Heavy Disk I have.
I have notice a new perhaps disturbing trend. All OO disks that I own and ppl I know own (all together about 20 +of them) are only close to or over 25g if they have 4 stars. I didn’t believe in the 4 star myth in the past. But now I don’t know.
(Feb. 09, 2019  4:32 AM)Shindog Wrote: I have notice a new perhaps disturbing trend.  All  OO disks that I own and ppl I know own (all together about 20 +of them) are only close to or over 25g if they have 4 stars.  I didn’t believe in the 4 star myth in the past.  But now I don’t know.

And with that you have probably discovered a new market in the Beyblade hobby ahahhaha selling the heaviest/most working legit copies of parts for premium prices
(Feb. 09, 2019  4:56 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2019  4:32 AM)Shindog Wrote: I have notice a new perhaps disturbing trend.  All  OO disks that I own and ppl I know own (all together about 20 +of them) are only close to or over 25g if they have 4 stars.  I didn’t believe in the 4 star myth in the past.  But now I don’t know.

And with that you have probably discovered a new market in the Beyblade hobby ahahhaha selling the heaviest/most working legit copies of parts for premium prices
Ironically...

I don't remember if this was totally accurate, but I think I remember hearing about the most balanced discs getting sold for a pretty high price on YJA.

Take my words with a canister of salt.

Also, I'm scared to even buy a CZ-A now...17 grams sounds awful, especially with the gold recolor...
I just got my Cho-Z Achilles and I pulled ...
(Feb. 10, 2019  3:40 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I just got my Cho-Z Achilles and I pulled ...

Cool.
(Feb. 10, 2019  3:40 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I just got my Cho-Z Achilles and I pulled ...

Nice, hopefully the disk weight isn't nerfed
Gonna Unbox my czA today. Fingers cross, I don't want Black one, but a heavy 00.
(Feb. 10, 2019  4:27 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:

Nice, hopefully the disk weight isn't nerfed

I am not sure about the weight but I will check soon but it does have 3 stars
(Feb. 10, 2019  4:39 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Gonna Unbox my czA today. Fingers cross, I don't want Black one, but a heavy 00.

It's 25.27 Grams