[Product]  B-129 Starter Cho-Z Achilles OO Dimension

(Jan. 03, 2019  2:17 AM)KingSpin Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2019  7:16 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: But does the disk have good stamina? This is the big question burning in me right now, and the one thing I still have no answer to. A heavy weight is powerful for Attack and Defense, but you need a solid outwards weight distribution to really be good for Stamina.
From my testing, it seems it performs very similarly to the 0 disk. I haven’t tried a mirror match of 00 against 0, but I suspect 00 will have a tad better stamina than 0.

It appears to have inferior weight distribution across all axes, compared to 0. Notice that the weights on 0 aren’t located on the same sides as the tabs, while 00 has that.. something like 10.

However, a lot of the weight is situated on the outer perimeter. This allows it to have immense OWD, giving it strong stamina potential.

Much as I hate to say it, 00 outclasses 0 in both attack and stamina aspects. It would be better for TT to make heavier but imbalanced disks to buff attack types and not fuel the stamina metagame.

Yeah I never said that.
(Jan. 03, 2019  4:35 AM)KingSpin Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2019  3:08 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: They already have been supplying lots of 11/12/13 Disks in recent releases, and not every 10/0/7/OO Disks are exact, making them slightly unbalanced anyways. But I do get what you're saying, and it would be nice to have more rubber tipped Drivers as well as attack-oriented releases in the future; however, I think this is solely dependent on what TT feels would sell more and screw the meta (why else would they sell Xtreme' and Hunter' as exclusives instead of regular releases, premium awesome stuff means more chances to up the value). I wouldn't be surprised if they put an Atomic'/Bearing' in a Rare Bey Prize game instead of selling it as a regular release.

Going back on topic, I surmised as much on the viability of 00 as a better alternative to 0 (which had reigned the meta ever since it was released with Sr) and even an obvious alternative to 7 or 10. I still think the variability of the weights of each individual 00 Disk is something that TT may have devised in order to maintain sales (keep buying the Starter to get the optimal disk weight, tightest Driver, etc).

I just got mine yesterday, and I have to say that I didn't understand anything about how Dimension is supposed to work. I'm twisting that thing like my girlfriend's lipstick and I can't figure out if it locks in place (like Extend), or if the clicks I heard are enough to let it stay in place even when it is launched. 

Which brings me to the question: any input on the mode changes? Like, probable fails like Operate where the mode gets changed when it hits the stadium after many uses?

While it seems complicated at first,  Dimension only has 3 height modes (short, medium, tall), and 2 tip modes (tip exposed or hidden).

As you turn the dial, the height increases/decreases.  Each time you hear a small "click" when turning, it signifies that the tip is being exposed. If you don't want the tip to be exposed, simply turn the dial a little more to get the tip back in.

The tip is also made of black rubber. I suspect as you use it more, it wears down like any other rubber. This means that there is a high possibility that over time, the tip will wear completely and become hidden no matter which mode you turn the dial it in.

Hmm. so that's a total of 10 possible modes, with each use of the rubber tip, wearing it down. That makes sense for the clicking noise then. I just wonder if continued turning and twisting will inevitably render the gimmick useless since the tightness might wear out too (tho that would be something cool where you set it to tallest mode then in mid battle its height changes to lowest height or something).

I will have to see for myself regarding the amount of rubber that protrudes from each height, maybe we can gauge how long before one can fully deplete the said rubber and if it is better or worse than a brand new one.
(Jan. 03, 2019  4:37 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: Yeah I never said that.
...what? Did you misinterpret my post or something?

(Jan. 03, 2019  4:56 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Hmm. so that's a total of 10 possible modes, with each use of the rubber tip, wearing it down. That makes sense for the clicking noise then. I just wonder if continued turning and twisting will inevitably render the gimmick useless since the tightness might wear out too (tho that would be something cool where you set it to tallest mode then in mid battle its height changes to lowest height or something).

I will have to see for myself regarding the amount of rubber that protrudes from each height, maybe we can gauge how long before one can fully deplete the said rubber and if it is better or worse than a brand new one.
Actually it’s six modes. 3(heights) x 2(tip hidden/exposed) = 6.
The protrusion is very very tiny.. think of it like the tip of Fusion. Will definitely take little time to wear it down to oblivion.
(Jan. 03, 2019  5:30 AM)KingSpin Wrote:

(Jan. 03, 2019  4:56 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Hmm. so that's a total of 10 possible modes, with each use of the rubber tip, wearing it down. That makes sense for the clicking noise then. I just wonder if continued turning and twisting will inevitably render the gimmick useless since the tightness might wear out too (tho that would be something cool where you set it to tallest mode then in mid battle its height changes to lowest height or something).

The protrusion is very very tiny.. think of it like the tip of Fusion. Will definitely take little time to wear it down to oblivion.

No it's just I never actually posted that to this thread
(Jan. 03, 2019  7:12 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: No it's just I never actually posted that to this thread
Ok, the quoting system probably screwed up somehow. MagikHorse was the one I was trying to quote - amended the post.
(Jan. 03, 2019  5:30 AM)KingSpin Wrote:

Aw carp fail arithmetic ahahah yeah 6 changeable modes. I felt the rubber tip, it doesn't seem to have the same rubber as most Attack rubber tips. Maybe something harder along the material used for Impact or Unite rubber, yeah.

Been looking at test battles from various Beytubers, and I have to say, Dimension has some wonky and unexpected moves especially in Zankeye's 3-Way ChouZ battle vid ahahahah
Can anybody tell me what Cho-Z Achilles' teeth are like?
(Jan. 05, 2019  4:41 PM)Dragunix Wrote: Can anybody tell me what Cho-Z Achilles' teeth are like?

They are really good. Along with the burst stopper, the layer shouldn't ever burst.
(Jan. 05, 2019  4:43 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2019  4:41 PM)Dragunix Wrote: Can anybody tell me what Cho-Z Achilles' teeth are like?

They are really good. Along with the burst stopper, the layer shouldn't ever burst.

Its not impossible to burst. The burst stoppers aren't immovable - the amount of force to burst them is akin to that needed to click tall teeth + dash driver.

I had my ChoA (with both wings deployed) on Bearing burst during tests against Sr on left spin.
(Jan. 05, 2019  4:50 PM)KingSpin Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2019  4:43 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: They are really good. Along with the burst stopper, the layer shouldn't ever burst.

Its not impossible to burst. The burst stoppers aren't immovable - the amount of force to burst them is akin to that needed to click tall teeth + dash driver.

I had my ChoA (with both wings deployed) on Bearing burst during tests against Sr on left spin.

If it was impossible to Burst, then it would've easily gotten a ban-hammer. 

I assume your Sr was soft launched right? May I know the combos you have used on both CZ-A and Sr? Thanks in advance
(Jan. 06, 2019  11:14 PM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2019  4:50 PM)KingSpin Wrote: Its not impossible to burst. The burst stoppers aren't immovable - the amount of force to burst them is akin to that needed to click tall teeth + dash driver.

If it was impossible to Burst, then it would've easily gotten a ban-hammer. 

I assume your Sr was soft launched right? May I know the combos you have used on both CZ-A and Sr? Thanks in advance

Unburstability itself is not banhammer worthy. It's gotta have a lot more power than just that.
(Jan. 06, 2019  11:14 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: If it was impossible to Burst, then it would've easily gotten a ban-hammer. 

As MagikHorse said, high burst resistance (to the point of unburstable) should not be the sole reason for a ban. It should only be banned if there were no viable counters to it, i.e able to outspin/outLAD every matchup yet having no weaknesses. ChoA doesn’t have that good balance, weight, and OWD for that amount of stamina.

Yes, Sr was soft launched.
Sr.Outer.Xt+
ChoA.00B.Br
(Jan. 07, 2019  2:13 AM)KingSpin Wrote:
(Jan. 06, 2019  11:14 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: If it was impossible to Burst, then it would've easily gotten a ban-hammer. 

As MagikHorse said, high burst resistance (to the point of unburstable) should not be the sole reason for a ban. It should only be banned if there were no viable counters to it, i.e able to outspin/outLAD every matchup yet having no weaknesses. ChoA doesn’t have that good balance, weight, and OWD for that amount of stamina.

Sr.Outer.Xt+
ChoA.00B.Br

Ohh I see. Duly noted the definition and criteria for ban-hammer. 

Just an aside, maybe they might make an Xt' in the upcoming releases, seeing that Zt had its Dash/Prime version. Or maybe not, since it'll be used more for Stamina/spin equalizing combos more and just keep the meta to kissing Beyblades.
(Jan. 07, 2019  2:55 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2019  2:13 AM)KingSpin Wrote: As MagikHorse said, high burst resistance (to the point of unburstable) should not be the sole reason for a ban. It should only be banned if there were no viable counters to it, i.e able to outspin/outLAD every matchup yet having no weaknesses. ChoA doesn’t have that good balance, weight, and OWD for that amount of stamina.

Sr.Outer.Xt+
ChoA.00B.Br

Ohh I see. Duly noted the definition and criteria for ban-hammer. 

Just an aside, maybe they might make an Xt' in the upcoming releases, seeing that Zt had its Dash/Prime version. Or maybe not, since it'll be used more for Stamina/spin equalizing combos more and just keep the meta to kissing Beyblades.

Xt' would be too op to be safe for the meta.

Slap the plus chip on it and boom. Xt+'

Giving one of the better stamina tips a better spring would shatter any chances of attack types. It will be almost as bad as if Br' was a thing.
[Image: HLsneI8.jpg]

I did call it. I mean, it looks cool, but man, the original or gold look better IMO.
I'm get Cho Z A for my birthday
Just got it, not as good as Valkyrie but better than Spriggan.
(Jan. 09, 2019  2:33 PM)g2_ Wrote: Just got it, not as good as Valkyrie but better than Spriggan.

I thought you already had it, but which has better attack ChoA or ChoS then?
(Jan. 09, 2019  7:25 PM)DrainBladerAMVS Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2019  2:33 PM)g2_ Wrote: Just got it, not as good as Valkyrie but better than Spriggan.

I thought you already had it, but which has better attack ChoA or ChoS then?
I didn't, probably Achilles.
I opened up one of these launchers to check the Plastic figure 8 piece.  It is well fitting and I had no issues with skipping so far.  Seems to be a pretty good launcher so far.  I do not believe the skipping was ever intended by TT as a mechanism to “balance” the game as it had been suggested to me.  The more recent launchers all have had less problems with skipping.  

Photo:
https://imgur.com/gallery/uEf8UmN

When I have time I will check if the figure 8 plastic piece from B129 can fix the skipping of B-88, B-119 and B-00 (gold B-88).
I find that using a particularly steep launch angle- or somehow having the bey tip and scrape is liable to cause the driver to change mode and height until it stabilizes
Ohhh man it looks good! Who can sell me one? =D
(Jan. 19, 2019  2:54 AM)marutti Wrote: https://youtu.be/fJKpmGw4E5U

Ohhhh gold ver. I wonder if the mold (aka tightness) is worse or same or even better than the normal red