[Product]  B-129 Starter Cho-Z Achilles OO Dimension

Some Japanese Beytuber is Showing Off 54 Grams 00. If that Happened Meta will Get nL.DESTROY ED

Probably a Click bait. But 19g and 25.63 G Exists
(Dec. 30, 2018  10:59 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Some Japanese Beytuber is Showing Off 54 Grams 00. If that Happened Meta will Get nL.DESTROY ED

Probably a Click bait. But 19g and 25.63 G Exists

No way the 54 is real
https://youtu.be/LORL0ohky4U

This video sheds some light on the weight differences in the 00 disk
TT: Among all discs, 00 has the greatest weight

variation.
(Dec. 30, 2018  3:10 PM)CrazyAries Wrote: TT: Among all discs, 00 has the greatest weight

variation.
00 HAS Greatest weight

TT Variation
[Image: joke.jpg]
Well, that could be problematic if the weight really varies this much.

Like, what is quality control?
The weight of 54 grams for a 00 disk was shown when the disk was placed after the scale began at 29.62

I don't know Japanese, but it doesn't seem that the disk actually weighs 54g...

The biggest variation was about 2g, which is still a fairly decent gap, but it really isn't a massive difference after all
(Dec. 29, 2018  4:59 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2018  1:57 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: Upon checking some Beybladers' Instagram posts, it seems that the 00 Disk may have weight variations as well... one weighing 25 g another weighing 19 g. Now there's something to be afraid of in this release now...

I don't feel so good...

Also, could you post a link? I just wanted to see this myself too.

(Dec. 29, 2018  6:26 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2018  1:57 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: Upon checking some Beybladers' Instagram posts, it seems that the 00 Disk may have weight variations as well... one weighing 25 g another weighing 19 g. Now there's something to be afraid of in this release now...
Maybe u could link the post to us?

I do apologize for causing the uproar, I just saw the post in Instagram mobile app, I should've made a screenshot or something. But as someone had pointed out, it might be an error on the digital scale, so I'm not quite sure with the validity of that IG post.

Still have to double-check my IG might be able to see that and try to post the link... Sorry again, my bad for not including the source from the get-go
(Dec. 30, 2018  9:17 PM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2018  4:59 PM)Dragunix Wrote: I don't feel so good...

Also, could you post a link? I just wanted to see this myself too.

(Dec. 29, 2018  6:26 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Maybe u could link the post to us?

I do apologize for causing the uproar, I just saw the post in Instagram mobile app, I should've made a screenshot or something. But as someone had pointed out, it might be an error on the digital scale, so I'm not quite sure with the validity of that IG post.

Still have to double-check my IG might be able to see that and try to post the link... Sorry again, my bad for not including the source from the get-go

It's fine.
One theory I have come up with it that since they had to pack more weight into a disk with relatively the same size as any other disk, they would obviously have to use more metal, and the weight variations in regular disks would be amplified because small irregularities in the metal would have a bigger impact
(Dec. 30, 2018  9:18 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2018  9:17 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: I do apologize for causing the uproar, I just saw the post in Instagram mobile app, I should've made a screenshot or something. But as someone had pointed out, it might be an error on the digital scale, so I'm not quite sure with the validity of that IG post.

It's fine.

I was referring to this. Not sure if just a fluke or there is now some serious quality control issue.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br-L3vVH14s/...1ckb0lyf4f
I think in the interest of most people, we need a limit on the 00 disk in tournaments. I think that if anyone is using the 00 disk in a tournament that it needs to be weighed to watch out for really high numbers, and to get a sense of if the disk would be to overpowered depending on weight
(Dec. 30, 2018  10:31 PM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2018  9:18 PM)Dragunix Wrote: It's fine.

I was referring to this. Not sure if just a fluke or there is now some serious quality control issue.

Ah. That does seem pretty bad...

Now if it is a fluke, that would definitely be a relief.
(Dec. 30, 2018  10:50 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: I think in the interest of most people, we need a limit on the 00 disk in tournaments. I think that if anyone is using the 00 disk in a tournament that it needs to be weighed to watch out for really high numbers, and to get a sense of if the disk would be to overpowered depending on weight

Well, based on experience, heavier Disks don't necessarily translate to OP-ness, but I do agree to that kind of monitoring. If 00 gets a colored/painted version, that could also complicate monitoring and standardizing of weight. TT should have the average weights of each Beyblade Burst part officially logged and noted everywhere so we can have a threshold/basis of whether the product was good/bad.

(Dec. 30, 2018  10:56 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2018  10:31 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: I was referring to this. Not sure if just a fluke or there is now some serious quality control issue.

Ah. That does seem pretty bad...

Now if it is a fluke, that would definitely be a relief.

As long as it ain't confirmed as a fluke tho, that is something to be wary and mindful of (I remember those failed sA Layers where you can't even put the Disk nor the launcher prongs through and I saw those pics knowing mine was going to arrive a few days later *shivers*). I just hope TT ups their quality control on these things, unless... unless they actually planned for this (like planned obsolesence on electronics where you buy more to get updated), where they wanted Bladers to continuously buy their products to get the best mold variation (ie tightest, heaviest, most durable) combos?

So many things to think about because of the holidays hahaha

Edit: I found another IG Blader whose 00 Disks have had quite a difference in weight

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br76P9CBEdp/..._copy_link

DUN DUN DUN
Just got mine in the post! It's a titan - it managed to not only push back the burst stopper on my Cho-Z Valkyrie but burst at the same time!
(Dec. 31, 2018  1:10 PM)SOUL- Wrote: Just got mine in the post! It's a titan - it managed to not only push back the burst stopper on my Cho-Z Valkyrie but burst at the same time!

How do you find the long string launcher that comes with it?  Is it holding up good after a fair few launches with heavy beys, or is the spinning prongs segment starting to skip (causing unexpected weaker launches) like it happens commonly with certain previous LR bey launchers?
It definitely seems to have better gears than the other LR beylaunchers I've tried! Out of fear of damaging it I haven't tried it in Left Spin however. I imagine it should last a decent amount of time - definitely the most powerful launcher at the moment
My thoughts on the parts from this product -

Layer (ChoA) - Has some protruding edges, allowing it to have good smash attack. Burst stoppers allow it to be used with drivers with weak burst resistance like Bearing. However, it must be noted that it can still burst even with both burst stoppers deployed. I estimate the force needed to be equivalent of that needed to cause a click on a wV + Dash driver combo. When used with Bearing, it has decent stamina, good LAD, and stellar attack potential.

Disc (00) - Really heavy, weight distribution is good too due to its symmetry. Definitely going to be the most OP disc, outclassing 0 and 10.

Driver (Dm) - Mode changes don't really change its behavior much, as the contact area (the bottom-most circle) still remains the same. The circle is quite wide, causing it to go really aggressive along the tornado ridge. The black rubber protrusion tip in certain modes doesn't really affect the movement until towards the end, where it finally contacts the ground and guides the bey towards the center and remain stationary.

Launcher (Long Beylauncher LR) - Easily the best launcher available now. Opening it up, its gears seem to be exactly the same as the normal Beylauncher LR's. The extra string length allows more time to accelerate your launch, allowing beys to be launched with higher RPMs. I had trouble activating all three wings on my defective ChoV, but this launcher has pretty much made it easy to do that.
(Jan. 01, 2019  7:13 AM)KingSpin Wrote: My thoughts on the parts from this product -

Layer (ChoA) - Has some protruding edges, allowing it to have good smash attack. Burst stoppers allow it to be used with drivers with weak burst resistance like Bearing. However, it must be noted that it can still burst even with both burst stoppers deployed. I estimate the force needed to be equivalent of that needed to cause a click on a wV + Dash driver combo. When used with Bearing, it has decent stamina, good LAD, and stellar attack potential.

Disc (00) - Really heavy, weight distribution is good too due to its symmetry. Definitely going to be the most OP disc, outclassing 0 and 10.

Driver (Dm) - Mode changes don't really change its behavior much, as the contact area (the bottom-most circle) still remains the same. The circle is quite wide, causing it to go really aggressive along the tornado ridge. The black rubber protrusion tip in certain modes doesn't really affect the movement until towards the end, where it finally contacts the ground and guides the bey towards the center and remain stationary.

Launcher (Long Beylauncher LR) - Easily the best launcher available now. Opening it up, its gears seem to be exactly the same as the normal Beylauncher LR's. The extra string length allows more time to accelerate your launch, allowing beys to be launched with higher RPMs. I had trouble activating all three wings on my defective ChoV, but this launcher has pretty much made it easy to do that.

So all I am hearing is good buy
It’s not a good buy - it’s a must buy (imo).

The disc and launcher is enough to justify the cost...
(Jan. 01, 2019  10:38 AM)KingSpin Wrote: It’s not a good buy - it’s a must buy (imo).

The disc and launcher is enough to justify the cost...

But does the disk have good stamina? This is the big question burning in me right now, and the one thing I still have no answer to. A heavy weight is powerful for Attack and Defense, but you need a solid outwards weight distribution to really be good for Stamina.
(Jan. 01, 2019  7:16 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: But does the disk have good stamina? This is the big question burning in me right now, and the one thing I still have no answer to. A heavy weight is powerful for Attack and Defense, but you need a solid outwards weight distribution to really be good for Stamina.
From my testing, it seems it performs very similarly to the 0 disk. I haven’t tried a mirror match of 00 against 0, but I suspect 00 will have a tad better stamina than 0.

It appears to have inferior weight distribution across all axes, compared to 0. Notice that the weights on 0 aren’t located on the same sides as the tabs, while 00 has that.. something like 10.

However, a lot of the weight is situated on the outer perimeter. This allows it to have immense OWD, giving it strong stamina potential.

Much as I hate to say it, 00 outclasses 0 in both attack and stamina aspects. It would be better for TT to make heavier but imbalanced disks to buff attack types and not fuel the stamina metagame.
(Jan. 03, 2019  2:17 AM)KingSpin Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2019  7:16 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: But does the disk have good stamina? This is the big question burning in me right now, and the one thing I still have no answer to. A heavy weight is powerful for Attack and Defense, but you need a solid outwards weight distribution to really be good for Stamina.
From my testing, it seems it performs very similarly to the 0 disk. I haven’t tried a mirror match of 00 against 0, but I suspect 00 will have a tad better stamina than 0.

It appears to have inferior weight distribution across all axes, compared to 0. Notice that the weights on 0 aren’t located on the same sides as the tabs, while 00 has that.. something like 10.

However, a lot of the weight is situated on the outer perimeter. This allows it to have immense OWD, giving it strong stamina potential.

Much as I hate to say it, 00 outclasses 0 in both attack and stamina aspects. It would be better for TT to make heavier but imbalanced disks to buff attack types and not fuel the stamina metagame.

They already have been supplying lots of 11/12/13 Disks in recent releases, and not every 10/0/7/OO Disks are exact, making them slightly unbalanced anyways. But I do get what you're saying, and it would be nice to have more rubber tipped Drivers as well as attack-oriented releases in the future; however, I think this is solely dependent on what TT feels would sell more and screw the meta (why else would they sell Xtreme' and Hunter' as exclusives instead of regular releases, premium awesome stuff means more chances to up the value). I wouldn't be surprised if they put an Atomic'/Bearing' in a Rare Bey Prize game instead of selling it as a regular release.

Going back on topic, I surmised as much on the viability of 00 as a better alternative to 0 (which had reigned the meta ever since it was released with Sr) and even an obvious alternative to 7 or 10. I still think the variability of the weights of each individual 00 Disk is something that TT may have devised in order to maintain sales (keep buying the Starter to get the optimal disk weight, tightest Driver, etc).

I just got mine yesterday, and I have to say that I didn't understand anything about how Dimension is supposed to work. I'm twisting that thing like my girlfriend's lipstick and I can't figure out if it locks in place (like Extend), or if the clicks I heard are enough to let it stay in place even when it is launched. 

Which brings me to the question: any input on the mode changes? Like, probable fails like Operate where the mode gets changed when it hits the stadium after many uses?
(Jan. 03, 2019  3:08 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2019  2:17 AM)KingSpin Wrote: From my testing, it seems it performs very similarly to the 0 disk. I haven’t tried a mirror match of 00 against 0, but I suspect 00 will have a tad better stamina than 0.

They already have been supplying lots of 11/12/13 Disks in recent releases, and not every 10/0/7/OO Disks are exact, making them slightly unbalanced anyways. But I do get what you're saying, and it would be nice to have more rubber tipped Drivers as well as attack-oriented releases in the future; however, I think this is solely dependent on what TT feels would sell more and screw the meta (why else would they sell Xtreme' and Hunter' as exclusives instead of regular releases, premium awesome stuff means more chances to up the value). I wouldn't be surprised if they put an Atomic'/Bearing' in a Rare Bey Prize game instead of selling it as a regular release.

Going back on topic, I surmised as much on the viability of 00 as a better alternative to 0 (which had reigned the meta ever since it was released with Sr) and even an obvious alternative to 7 or 10. I still think the variability of the weights of each individual 00 Disk is something that TT may have devised in order to maintain sales (keep buying the Starter to get the optimal disk weight, tightest Driver, etc).

I just got mine yesterday, and I have to say that I didn't understand anything about how Dimension is supposed to work. I'm twisting that thing like my girlfriend's lipstick and I can't figure out if it locks in place (like Extend), or if the clicks I heard are enough to let it stay in place even when it is launched. 

Which brings me to the question: any input on the mode changes? Like, probable fails like Operate where the mode gets changed when it hits the stadium after many uses?

I think the friction from a Launch would hold the tip in place
(Jan. 03, 2019  3:08 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: They already have been supplying lots of 11/12/13 Disks in recent releases, and not every 10/0/7/OO Disks are exact, making them slightly unbalanced anyways. But I do get what you're saying, and it would be nice to have more rubber tipped Drivers as well as attack-oriented releases in the future; however, I think this is solely dependent on what TT feels would sell more and screw the meta (why else would they sell Xtreme' and Hunter' as exclusives instead of regular releases, premium awesome stuff means more chances to up the value). I wouldn't be surprised if they put an Atomic'/Bearing' in a Rare Bey Prize game instead of selling it as a regular release.

While it seems complicated at first, Dimension only has 3 height modes (short, medium, tall), and 2 tip modes (tip exposed or hidden).

As you turn the dial, the height increases/decreases. Each time you hear a small "click" when turning, it signifies that the tip is being exposed. If you don't want the tip to be exposed, simply turn the dial a little more to get the tip back in.

The tip is also made of black rubber. I suspect as you use it more, it wears down like any other rubber. This means that there is a high possibility that over time, the tip will wear completely and become hidden no matter which mode you turn the dial it in.