Poll: Interest for a new Burst format up to Beyblade Burst GT

Poll: Is Burst GT format something you would like to see added to the WBO Burst formats?

Yes
93.33%
No
6.67%
Total: 100% 60 vote(s)
(Aug. 21, 2021  3:12 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I said it before when RogueBlader suggested a GT/Sparking format, and I'll say it again.

We have too many formats for burst as is, and as we've learned, many bladers are incapable of reading the rules and show up to tournaments with fake parts that aren't even valid for the format being played that day. I really like Burst Classic, and there are people who enjoy limited. But it's too soon to suggest another.

I do agree and disagree with your points, and I won’t start an argument, but I will say 1 thing. As fun as beyblade in general is to me, my favorite format is burst limited. Classic, I just don’t have any parts and the older beys are a bit to expensive to buy for me, plus I can’t find any older beys on any sites (probably cause they’re old) for standard, idk why, it’s just not as enjoyable to me as limited. And I’ve only been to 1 tournament, but I’m speaking as of the general idea of the formats, plus testing and stuff.
(Aug. 21, 2021  3:12 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I said it before when RogueBlader suggested a GT/Sparking format, and I'll say it again.

We have too many formats for burst as is, and as we've learned, many bladers are incapable of reading the rules and show up to tournaments with fake parts that aren't even valid for the format being played that day. I really like Burst Classic, and there are people who enjoy limited. But it's too soon to suggest another.

I'm not sure that is very good reasoning. Let people play tops. If it doesn't get hosted often, whatever - the option is there though and from this thread it seems like there is appetite for it - and people have made points in favour of it that compare well to other formats. Nonetheless, this is why I want to keep the banlist simple and not put superking parts in it, anyways. It's not like they're needed, really, and just creates complications and confusion at tournaments.

I'm not trying to be rude here but, does it matter how many formats we have? Becuase in my eyes it just makes it all the better with a wider variety of formats to choose from. And people might not have a lot of the new DB/Sparking stuff, so, this finally gives a chance for later Cho Z Beys and GT Beys to finally get more of a chance to shine! So, in my opinion, it doesn't really matter how many new Formats we have, it just makes it all the better.
I see a lot of people disagreeing with DC's point, but personally, I'm starting to see why it is an argument. It can be hard to find time to do quality testing sessions while balancing normal life, and for more competitive players, the list of formats they have to test for goes on and on. Another problem is how thin the WBO is already stretched. Some places don't even have a single organizer. I personally, am for this format, but DC has a very good point.
(Aug. 21, 2021  3:25 AM)USN Wrote: I see a lot of people disagreeing with DC's point, but personally, I'm starting to see why it is an argument. It can be hard to find time to do quality testing sessions while balancing normal life, and for more competitive players, the list of formats they have to test for goes on and on. Another problem is how thin the WBO is already stretched. Some places don't even have a single organizer. I personally, am for this format, but DC has a very good point.

How much does it actually cost us to have these options available for TO's though, especially this format where the only thing we have to watch for are really silly discs and drivers. There's not a big cost to just having the option.
What's the point of this, return it to the GT meta, but now with later drivers like Drift and Zone'+Z? You're trading one form of stagnation for another, and with more complicated rules for bladers to misunderstand.
(Aug. 21, 2021  3:35 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: What's the point of this, return it to the GT meta, but now with later drivers like Drift and Zone'+Z? You're trading one form of stagnation for another, and with more complicated rules for bladers to misunderstand.

"What is the point of any legacy format" is what you are asking here? I think you need to lighten up a little in general man, no offense. This would be the simplest of any legacy format to understand.

Personally, I like to let people have options on how to play tops, as well as the fact this format would allow for a real, permanent attack focussed format, which would be really nice to have!
(Aug. 21, 2021  3:35 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: What's the point of this, return it to the GT meta, but now with later drivers like Drift and Zone'+Z? You're trading one form of stagnation for another, and with more complicated rules for bladers to misunderstand.

Yeah but the thing is, attack is actually useful here.

I do like this format though, I have a lot of GT stuff and I’d love to test more out.

I do recommend perhaps putting Master (left spin) on a ban watchlist.
I think at this point we could already really cut to the chase if someone is able to host a test tournament. There's a bunch of interested hosts in here so if you guys want to reach out to your communities and see who can be the inaugural test event - the list is already there in the OP so we really can get rolling as it is - or even just to let us know what community interest is like.
(Aug. 21, 2021  3:25 AM)USN Wrote: I see a lot of people disagreeing with DC's point, but personally, I'm starting to see why it is an argument. It can be hard to find time to do quality testing sessions while balancing normal life, and for more competitive players, the list of formats they have to test for goes on and on. Another problem is how thin the WBO is already stretched. Some places don't even have a single organizer. I personally, am for this format, but DC has a very good point.
It is true the WBO already has 8 formats and that is a lot. I happen to have interest in all WBO formats and have hosted them all.  I think I am one of the very few organizers to have done that actually.  With that said, no organizer has to feel the need to get into HMS and test for it for example. There are many formats that the majority of our organizers and players will never touch.  That is perfectly alright.
(Aug. 21, 2021  2:56 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: I feel like I’d rather have a Cho-Z oriented format that has some early GT stuff rather than a GT oriented system. I don’t really care as much for GT as I do Cho-Z since that’s what I started burst out with. This is interesting, but I think the focus should be shifted. Cho-Z stuff can be found for cheap prices if you know where to look, so that’s also a benefit.
I think choZ centric format just sounds like it would be a different format.  It would certainly be interesting for someone to make a thread to poll to see if the interest is there.  This thread  is not a proposal.  This thread is asking if there is interest.  I would like to know if something is worth proposing.  Why not see if there is interest in this cho Z centric format yourself instead of asking to shift focus here?
(Aug. 21, 2021  1:42 AM)Shindog Wrote: Is there interest out there for a format that bans layers and disks after the end of Beyblade burst GT?  Here is a quick backbone of the format:

Burst GT Format (BGT)

Inclusions:
-All layers up the the end of Beyblade Burst GT
-All MFB remake layers
-All Plastics remake layers 
-All Hasbro layers released to date (including pro series)
-All drivers 

Banned:
-All layers released after GT
-All disks released after GT

Would this interest people?  It’s also nice that Hasbro Pro Series has caught up to the GT era. Any suggestions and comments are welcome.
i would like this idea because GT is not used anymore because it’s not good enough for today combos and it is banned in limited. except like stock ace dragon lol. also cho-z combos are still good in GT so you could probably use more banned cho-z and normal cho-z beys. my only worries like i saw DeceasedCrab state is nobody reads the format rules and staff need to figure out how to make it easier for people to read the format rules because I’ve seen so many times where people go to for example a classic and bring no classic beys to a classic tournament and without those extra classic beys that somebody brings incase people don’t bring the right beys some tournaments i see probably won’t even be able to barely run.
What would it even be called if so
(Aug. 21, 2021  4:29 AM)Attila Wrote: What would it even be called if so

Burst GT Format, probably.
While the idea of such a format is good as the play during the GT era was relatively varied (and was a boon for attack types); I'm concerned about whether there is an oversaturation of formats during the burst era? Will this become redundant in the future is an important question to ask in my opinion. I think a poll is a good tool to add in this thread Shindog.
The other suggestion I would make is making post GT Hasbro Discs legal, unless I've missed one I would add that to hasbro layers being legal etc etc. If only to give me an excuse for some readily available retail therapy even if they're not that great.

I would again repeat my rebuttal to "too many formats" - we are simply giving players and hosts the choice. Aside from gt looking like a great format, the fact is the upkeep cost on bgt is minimal. One new driver a month to make sure isn't broken. Maybe make sure hasbro don't release a disc that isn't a joke. Even if it only gets played regularly like a palette cleanser. Hurts me to say it, but no one really plays plastics anymore, should we not have guidelines for that? Is it detracting in some way? It seems like argument for the sake of argument without actually considering how little this costs us.
As a reminder of what the meta was like during GT:
Judgement and to a lesser extent Zwei were Extremely powerful.
Master on left was very good.
Lord Spriggan was absurdly good.
Perfect Phoenix was Still Viable (and with newer drivers would probably be even more of a concern).
Imperial was quite good later on.
Heaven is apparently decent.
Much of the more effective ChoZ layers were still usable.

Other layers would be occasionally used.
GT, as a whole, I consider a disappointment. They rattled, they were unbalanced; the addition of metal through the layer weights was vastly inferior to metal additions via chassis or armor, which are heavier and don't rattle. GT felt like a misfire. Exceptions being chips like Diabolos1 which Could Not rattle.
It was the era I actually did best at; lots of second and third place finishes, and my only first place finish.

Each new format should have a purpose and bring something new to the table.
Burst Classic took very old layers (that function way differently than the larger and heavier layers in every season past dual) and added the use of modern tips, while restricting discs.
Burst Limited tried to balance layers to series 3-5 while removing weight creep and banning some of the seriously overpowered layers.
CheetoBlader's Hypersphere format encouraged us to try something new, with stadiums and tips that many people scoff at.
What does this format do? It's got no banlist other than post-GT, and it permits everything prior to Superking. So it just turns back the clock and repeats a tournament meta that we saw in 2019-2020, now with a few more MFB/Plastic remake layers, and more opposite spin viable tips.
(Aug. 21, 2021  5:14 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: As a reminder of what the meta was like during GT:
Perfect Phoenix was Still Viable (and with newer drivers would probably be even more of a concern).

GT, as a whole, I consider a disappointment. They rattled, they were unbalanced; the addition of metal through the layer weights was vastly inferior to metal additions via chassis or armor, which are heavier and don't rattle. GT felt like a misfire. Exceptions being chips like Diabolos1 which Could Not rattle.
It was the era I actually did best at; lots of second and third place finishes, and my only first place finish.

Burst Classic took very old layers (that function way differently than the larger and heavier layers in every season past dual) and added the use of modern tips, while restricting discs.
Burst Limited tried to balance layers to series 3-5 while removing weight creep and banning some of the seriously overpowered layers.
CheetoBlader's Hypersphere format encouraged us to try something new, with stadiums and tips that many people scoff at.
What does this format do? It's got no banlist other than post-GT, and it permits everything prior to Superking. So it just turns back the clock and repeats a tournament meta that we saw in 2019-2020, now with a few more MFB/Plastic remake layers, and more opposite spin viable tips.
1. ALL GT parts would be allowed. 
2. It would add variety to the formats, which is something weird to have a problem with.
3. Shindog, maybe it would turn out better as just GT, or GT and Cho-Z. Just a thought.
It is interesting that Heaven got brought up.  Perhaps heaven isn’t as  much of a rattling unbalanced of a  mess of a GT layer as we thought it was.   It was recently used to top?  Maybe there is more to discover with GT, maybe not.

Also, this format would have new drivers.  Like 2 years of new drivers.  All of Hasbro so far as well.  The combination of Pro series and B3 and etc many not be that bad.  A Hasbro player did quite well at Beyblade West.

The banned from limited MFB remakes might be pretty good to very good here.  At the very least, Burn Phoenix got into the winning combo thread in burst standard twice in 2021 I think?   That might be interesting to look at. 

I am just repeating the OP I guess.
(Aug. 21, 2021  5:14 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: As a reminder of what the meta was like during GT:

Don't play it then? There seems to be plenty of enthusiasm aside from one person being very grumpy. Did Judgement kick your dog or something?
Rattle? What does that mean?
Anyway what I am concerned about this is as other people have stated, the rules. Even now people do not even know what Burst Limited is.
But I do support this, it seems pretty fun
(Aug. 21, 2021  2:52 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2021  2:46 AM)originalzankye Wrote: I'd be all for it, reliving the time before Rage Longinus will be glorious

Lol, Zwei is kinda like the rage of it’s time. But you could say that nightmare is like the Zwei of it’s time, so I guess every Longinus is like the next evolution but of it’s time if that makes sense. But yeah it would be nice to re-live a time before rage was knocking everything out.

*Sad Super Hyperion noises*
(Aug. 21, 2021  7:01 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: Rattle? What does that mean?
Anyway what I am concerned about this is as other people have stated, the rules. Even now people do not even know what Burst Limited is.
But I do support this, it seems pretty fun

If we keep it per the OP it's the simplest banlist of any non-standard format, especially if we call it Burst GT. This is another reason I don't like the proposals for adding extra parts to it from the get go though - it is nice to keep it simple and straightforward while still allowing these GT parts to shine, and it's kind of a sensible cut-off point for layers to me rather than having to look at that for everything before we even get to playing. Potentially it's something we could look at later I guess, but I think for at least initial format testing I would like to see things per the OP for simplicity as players familiarise themselves Smile
Like, I've struggled to get my head around limited and classic, but "Burst GT" is largely self explanatory.

While I realise this conflicts with allowing later drivers automatically, autobanning them means a review each month which does cost time, whereas we can safely assume new wheels and layers would break the meta over their knee. The other thing is that it's easy to tell layers (and generally discs) that are post-GT by looking at them, drivers are more work. It does make things simpler for players and hosts!

I'm also generally open to adding unproblematic parts later as long as they don't push any of the GT parts out of the limelight (just like I'm fine with adding regular RC bases to PLA but not the EG RC bases that weigh more than the entire meta by themselves, or adding Jade to Limited - basically where it's good but doesn't really push anything else out of the meta), but that is for later. For the moment we're gauging interest and looking at straightforward ways to do things (to make introductory events easier), and the question posed in the OP is a fairly simple "are people interested in this format". My answer is yes, absolutely and that seems to be the case for most so I'm looking forward to seeing some test events and player feedback! I'm already looking at picking up a few extra things now to get into it myself Smile
(Aug. 21, 2021  3:46 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:

Yeah but the thing is, attack is actually useful here.

I do like this format though, I have a lot of GT stuff and I’d love to test more out.

And attack isn’t useful in Standard?

I’ll agree that judgement and Zwei certainly were powerful options back in the day and attack was a safe option compared to now in standard, but attack isn’t useless in standard. Rage still can be used effectively in standard, and on the right combo, so can Savior.
(Aug. 21, 2021  1:06 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2021  3:46 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Yeah but the thing is, attack is actually useful here.

And attack isn’t useful in Standard?

I’ll agree that judgement and Zwei certainly were powerful options back in the day and attack was a safe option compared to now in standard, but attack isn’t useless in standard. Rage still can be used effectively in standard, and on the right combo, so can Savior.
It’s really just on the side, barely hanging on like Phoenix in pre-Rage Sparking.

The standard metagame is ruled by spamina combos. It’s just a fact.