Pokémon Soul Silver/Heart Gold

(Jul. 17, 2011  3:36 AM)Gamer4life Wrote: does anyoneknow if it's posible for you to catch Raicou in heart gold he always escapes after breaking out of my pokeball

Wear him down first. Always save, in case you accidently KO him. Never intentionally KO him though, cuz IIRC you lose him forever if you do that.

Just got the game from my friend, he has powerful Pokemon! I am so gonna bu Pokemon Black now, so I can trade all the pokemon over lol.
This game was awesome and I hoped there was a little more to do cause now it's pretty boring
I really just beat the pokemon league with my countless pokemon (I used to cheat but now I use a regular game) and destroy in the pokeathlon Grin
i had a darkrai as one of my first pokemons on soul silver
Necro-bump again, but now I'm convinced: Having a fixed shiny event in the game makes this game more likely to give you one. In my first file (top of the page), I had 3 legitimate shinies after a year, one being the Red Gyarados, and a shiny Flaafy and Mareep. Now, simply going through the game (Mareep was caught while training), I have the Red Gyarados and a shiny Golbat (which has same color scheme as shiny Dragonite). This is nuts, for any Pokémon game.
Having one shiny be fixed doesn't actually automatically make the others easier to get - that's not how game programming works. They can set a specified encounter to be precisely one way without it affecting anything else in the game.

The anecdotal evidence that shinies are easier to get is really just that: anecdotal. I got three shinies in my first 30 or so hours, and now that I'm up to 260~, I've not seen another one. At all. Compare to my thousands of hours in RSE, wherein I had around 15 or so shinies, without exploiting the glitch in Emerald.

Unless someone shows me something proving that the statistical odds have shifted, I'm just calling malarkey.
That's why I said convinced: this has happened twice now. It probably isn't true, but if it was my first Pokémon game I would definitely say as much.

TBH, at least this game has some more post-game fun after beating Red and stuff. The Pokéathlon is really addicting to keep playing. XD
My friend has a cheat that makes all his pokemon shinies!
Angryso unfairAngry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Feb. 01, 2012  12:35 AM)Hazel Wrote: Having one shiny be fixed doesn't actually automatically make the others easier to get - that's not how I got three shinies in my first 30 or so hours.

Man, you're lucky. I have never seen a wild shiny pokemon in any of the games I've played through: Colloseum, XD, FireRed, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold, or White.

I recently restarted this game, it's pretty fun.
I'm at the Pokemon League and my team is
-Typhlosion LV.52
-Alakazam LV.45
-Scizor LV.45
-Sandslash LV.45
-Noctowl LV.45
-Quagsire LV.45
Dayum kid, but gonna necro. I loved this game, but I realy would've have liked them making Kanto another game and putting something else there instead. I liked the story line of leaf green and stuff, so that would've been cool. How the hell do you guys get so many shinies XD! I think I had one shiney ever, and it was shellos
At one point I spent 40 minutes on SS trying to get a shiney charmander by saving before I picked Tired
...Kanto was its own games... the Gold and Silver games always featured both Kanto and Johto... the Pokémon universe has a very defined geography to it.
I love Pokemon Heart Gold! In my opinion, it was the best Pokemon game released! The first Pokemon game I ever played was Fire Red on my Gameboy Advance, and being able to re-travel the Kanto region in a DS game was just so awesome! Silver (your rival) was pretty hot, too!

EDIT: I saw a shiny Nidorino in the Safari Zone in Pokemon Fire Red! I couldn't capture it, though...
out of intrest how many people actually used the pokewalker as i have seen noone wearing one from the day it was released?
(Apr. 29, 2012  9:11 PM)Meadowell Wrote: out of intrest how many people actually used the pokewalker as i have seen noone wearing one from the day it was released?

I use the Pokéwalker all the time! In fact, I'm wearing it right now!
(Apr. 29, 2012  9:11 PM)Meadowell Wrote: out of intrest how many people actually used the pokewalker as i have seen noone wearing one from the day it was released?

Most people hide them from plain sight, if they're commonly going out and about. There's something to be said for standing up for what you enjoy, but inciting ridicule knowingly is pretty silly. I wear two sometimes, flipped inside of my pockets. This also prevents them from falling off if my shirt gets caught on something, or just in general.
I remember on Soul Silver I finally caught up to Latias and when Latias appeared, it was shiny! It was legit, too! I caught it and still have it to this day.
It's not unheardof, but is much more uncommon than non-roaming Shiny Legendaries, as their shinyness is determined the moment they're set free, not each time you encounter them. So, soft-resetting for a shiny is, while not impossible, extraordinarily frustrating and tedious.

Congratulations all the same. Smile
I have a Shiny Groudon, I also raised it to level 100 and has a moveset of Solar Beam, Fissure, Earthquake, and Earth Power. Found it in the cave outside of Cliff Cave using the Red Orb. I soft resetted 2000 times to get it.
well i have a shiny togepi (from the "Masuda method" for pokemon eggs) raikow, entei and suicune.

Haha, I've just, by luck, stumbled upon random shinies, usually not very valuable pokemon. I think the best one was a lapras on an old gameboy game. i loved that lapras so much and still have it through migrating, trading, and all that other stuff. Tongue_out
I love this game.
i found a shiny Ho-oh in soul silver but i couldn't use it cause my bro traded it with my friend for a lv 1 Rattata the next dayUnhappy. at least it was a shiny Rattata:\.
Unfortunatly, I havent played through much of it (I have not played a pokemon game all the way throgh since Platinum)

Despite my lack of experience with the game, it is the best pokemon game to date, because it is a remake of the best pokemon game to date, with more pokemon and epicly revamped. No other explination gives this game justice =D
(May. 25, 2012  4:46 PM)Pokecooler1 Wrote: i found a shiny Ho-oh in soul silver but i couldn't use it cause my bro traded it with my friend for a lv 1 Rattata the next dayUnhappy. at least it was a shiny Rattata:\.

I am sorry, I just noticed this post, why in the hell would anybody do that? And if he is your friend, he would have given it back.
yep, but he traded it online before i told him. but i'm over it, (never actually "feel bad" about stuff like this). and my bro was thinking it was his game, (which made him thrilled for "his" first shiny pokemon.)