Pokémon Soul Silver/Heart Gold

Swampert level 79 vs pikcahu level 88 (something like that) and with one earthquake its gone. He gets to be easy after one point. Only pokemon that is a challenge is his snorlax.
I just used my level 92 Garchomp, Level 100 Palkia (it's level 100 now), my now level 80 Typhosion, and my now level 75 Ho-oh (it was level 70 when I got it due to the fact I got Soul Silver). I used Palkia against Laperas and Snorlax because it knows Aura Sphere plus Aura Sphere and Thunder (another move Palkia knows) is a great combo against ice/water types, Ho-oh knows ancient power so it can easily take down Charizard, Thyphlosion knows Blast Burn and Eruption so using it to take down Venasaur was a piece oh cake, and Garchomp knows earthquake so Pickachu went bye bye with one earthquake.
(May. 08, 2010  3:35 PM)dracielviper Wrote: Swampert level 79 vs pikcahu level 88 (something like that) and with one earthquake its gone. He gets to be easy after one point. Only pokemon that is a challenge is his snorlax.

Actually Many People Say On Others places i've been to Say: "His Snorlax is weaker than the other ones By A Little."
No actually it was quite easy to beat if you use the right pokemon with the right attacks (it's a normal type use fighting type pokemon or a pokemon that's capable of knowing and does know fighting type attacks).
Well snorlax HP gets to be really high. Not as high as blissey. Mine is level 43 (something like that) and 276 HP.
(May. 08, 2009  4:08 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: Well that is good since you could never get hold of Ho-oh and Legia unless you cheated so this works. On top of the facted that they had to be the best ones that came out.

i traded ho-oh from pkmn colosiem and lugia from XD gale of darkness
thare easy to getSmile but yea im going to get SS & HG to complete my colection so farSmile
Got Heart Gold (mostly for Kyogre and Latias) back in March and it was great to relive the G/S experience. It was great that they actually kept some of the places from RBY in it, as well as its legends, unlike the original G/S Kanto, along with the new places they added.

I went with Totodile, my fav Johto starter, traded over a Haunter and a Heracross from Pearl after the 2nd gym (just for the natures, didn't mind the IV's) and later got the red Gyarados, so the game went by quickly, although I didn't rush it. Took close to 80 hours to get to E4 rd2, then some more until beating Red.

I still have most of the legendaries left to catch, other than Lugia and Articuno along with the 2 roaming beasts, Raikou and Entei, which I didn't bother to reset for at the time. I thought I'd probably leave them be for now and save them for later if I ever bother to learn how to RNG... (insane, I know)

The Pokéwalker is nice, but I wasn't able to make much use of it at the start since I had to have my two big toe nails ripped off because of an infection so I couldn't walk much for a couple of weeks =(
Kinda bothers me we don't have the option to keep watts in the Pokéwalker after we send the pokémon back to the main game since usually you don't have the right group showing up right away, which forces you to send it back and forth to check for it and you end up "losing" any watts accumulated. I mean, I usually go out and only check once I get back home later, after which I usually don't go out anymore during that day, so no more steps... Makes it more troublesome to get stuff like Surfing/Flying Pikachu.
Ive got 3 surfing Pikachus but no flying onesyet. It's taking forever to find one! Any tips?
(May. 20, 2010  12:25 AM)RyomaEchizen Wrote: Ive got 3 surfing Pikachus but no flying onesyet. It's taking forever to find one! Any tips?

well, you just have to get lucky, just make sure you have walked over 15000 steps, that is about all the advice I can give you...
(Jun. 01, 2010  3:31 AM)castleoblivion Wrote:
(May. 20, 2010  12:25 AM)RyomaEchizen Wrote: Ive got 3 surfing Pikachus but no flying onesyet. It's taking forever to find one! Any tips?

well, you just have to get lucky, just make sure you have walked over 15000 steps, that is about all the advice I can give you...

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilv...llowforest

wat
(Jun. 01, 2010  3:31 AM)castleoblivion Wrote: that is about all the advice I can give you...

Your information is always so unreliable...
(Jun. 01, 2010  11:48 PM)The LVJ Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2010  3:31 AM)castleoblivion Wrote: that is about all the advice I can give you...

Your information is always so unreliable...
well, remember... the rare pokemon on the later pokemon routes...Yellow Forest Included...only appear after bout 10,000 steps....i said 15000 to be safe because i found my flying pikachu over 15000 STEPS. Just giving him advice based on my own expierance...Don't need to be a jerk about it
(Jun. 01, 2010  2:14 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2010  3:31 AM)castleoblivion Wrote:

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilv...llowforest

wat
i was using my own personal experiance...and yes...i had that serebii page bookmarked from the day I got Heart Gold...
If I caught a Flying Pikachu after 1,000,000 steps, and I cited "personal experience", would that be good advice? I would have literally told the poor boy to walk a million steps, when ten thousand would have sufficed.
(Jun. 02, 2010  12:02 AM)♥ Wrote: If I caught a Flying Pikachu after 1,000,000 steps, and I cited "personal experience", would that be good advice? I would have literally told the poor boy to walk a million steps, when ten thousand would have sufficed.
again...you got to remember the main fact...it is all down to luck...flying pikachus are SUPER rare...so...i would say...use the poke rader every so often after you walk 10000 steps...you know...just keep trying...also...

i am Ev training a kabuto on My heart gold....I just finished its speed...but...does anyone know where the best spot to train for attack is.... i have both Macho Brace and Pokerus...
(Jun. 02, 2010  12:04 AM)castleoblivion Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2010  12:02 AM)♥ Wrote: If I caught a Flying Pikachu after 1,000,000 steps, and I cited "personal experience", would that be good advice? I would have literally told the poor boy to walk a million steps, when ten thousand would have sufficed.
again...you got to remember the main fact...it is all down to luck...flying pikachus are SUPER rare...so...i would say...use the poke rader every so often after you walk 10000 steps...you know...just keep trying...also...

i am Ev training a kabuto on My heart gold....I just finished its speed...but...does anyone know where the best spot to train for attack is.... i have both Macho Brace and Pokerus...
I forget what the route is called, but it's a surfing area by the bridge in Cerulean city, or by the cave where Mewtwo is found. Only Pokemon there are Goldeen (1 attack EV) and Seaking. (2 attack EV's)

That's where I trained my Kabuto too.
EDIT: It's called Route 24.
(Jun. 02, 2010  12:46 AM)Blazzy Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2010  12:04 AM)castleoblivion Wrote:

I forget what the route is called, but it's a surfing area by the bridge in Cerulean city, or by the cave where Mewtwo is found. Only Pokemon there are Goldeen (1 attack EV) and Seaking. (2 attack EV's)

That's where I trained my Kabuto too.

thanks...with my Macho brace and pokerues...each seaking is worth 6 or 8 attack EVS...EPIC!
I was training my team to defeat red. My team was: Typhlosion, tyranitar, dragonite, xatu, Quagsire, magneton. Write before I was there my used soul silver I got off ebay died. Moral: Never buy second hand games off ebay.
The ingame game is too easy to beat.

That goes for pretty much all pokemon games though.
Yeah. The only gym I had trouble with was the dragon one. The elite four are only hard when your pokemon's speed isn't higher than theirs' After that it's a cakewalk with the right moves. The only pokemon in the elite four was lance's Garchomp. He always was hard for me to beat.
yeah, Clair was hard to beat! It was her Kingdra who wrecked me.... but then thanks to my Togetic, I won!
Though, my battle with Red was Epic.... It was very hard!!! But again, Long Live Mewtwo!!!!
Sorry to necro-bump, but I think this was worth mentioning. With only ~83 hours of play, including the red Gyarados, I have 3 legit shinies. The other 2 are a Flaaffy and a Mareep. I was catching and Ekans to teach it Dark Pulse, and I was spamming the run button, and I see a shiny Mareep come up. Seeing as it was 12 AM, I thought I was hallucinating, but happily enough, I wasn't Smile Caught shiny Flaaffy in the last patch of grass before the Lake of Rage, and caught a shiny Mareep when going after a normal Ekans. XD
Gasp You're so lucky. The only time I've ever been lucky was when I was playing FireRed and the first wild pokemon I saw was a shiny pidgey. I still have him in my Platinum.
well i finished soul silver transfered my pokemon to black reset it so heres my current team

Quagsire lv 25
Nidorino lv 25
Quilava lv 28
Flaaffy lv 25
open for recomendations
Hey im a big fan of both beys and pokemon. My team is in the 70s in HG. 90S in white I would like to battle anyone who would like to battle ill post my codes later. Grin
does anyoneknow if it's posible for you to catch Raicou in heart gold he always escapes after breaking out of my pokeball