[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

I always found Vulture, I think the red one is, to look like it had potential. From experience, the silver one destroyed an 8 wide!
not sure if this post belongs here, if it doesn't please tell me where it belongs, and i'll post it there.

today i decided to test flame upper (flame pegasus AR), from my tests it seems to be a pretty good left spin zombie AR, i tested it against twin horn in rigth spin (gabriel AR). and majority of the time it either tied, or out-spinned twin horn.

has any testing been done on flame upper for competitive play, it seems to be a pretty great AR for left spin zombies, it's 1 gram heavier than twin horn, and also wider, which seems to help for spin stealing.
This is already known about. It's on th!nk's tier list.
(Mar. 30, 2016  1:04 AM)Ultra Wrote: This is already known about. It's on th!nk's tier list.
flame wing is, wing upper isn't on the list competitive combo list.
sorry my bad it was wing upper not flame upper.
You're right it isn't. Well it is known about.
I played a lot with Hayate with an 8 heavy WD and Dragoon F´s BB. It´s very good at OHKO but when it hits the wall it loses a lot of spin.
is Cross Griffon is really outclassed? i heard from someone that it's outclassed, so just conforming that.

also can someone tell me some good combos with Cross Griffon and Eight Spiker.
also can anyone tell me some combos with Right Spin Engine Gear [Metal Flat]?

thanks
(Mar. 30, 2016  3:30 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: is Cross Griffon is really outclassed? i heard from someone that it's outclassed, so just conforming that.

thanks
i think this belongs in the plastic Q&A thread

no cross griffon is not outclassed, it is one of the best attack AR's. personally it is my main smash attack AR.

combo
cross griffon
wide defense/ten wide
neo right + HMC
defense grip base (attack mode)
(Mar. 30, 2016  4:05 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2016  3:30 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: is Cross Griffon is really outclassed? i heard from someone that it's outclassed, so just conforming that.

thanks
i think this belongs in the plastic Q&A thread

no cross griffon is not outclassed, it is one of the best attack AR's. personally it is my main smash attack AR.

combo
cross griffon
wide defense/ten wide
neo right + HMC
defense grip base (attack mode)

Eight Spiker is basically the same combo, but you use a neo left SG instead.
Has anybody documented/noticed that Double Wing, Dranzer S' AR, had 2 molds? I recently received one from Zoroaste, and it had the gap between the 2 'wings' smoothed out;

I noticed it on the phantom force version but assumed they updated it for that version and not earlier.
The Dranzer S attack ring was at first released as the Takara version of the mold. But when Hasbro did the phantom force release of the bey they reinforced the attack ring. The reinforced attack ring was also used on the BBA Championships re-release of the bey.
Thanks very much for this info. I've been getting a lot of broken Dranzer S ARs in lots so it's good to hear about a less fragile mould.
Is the Attack Ring from Strata Dragoon V useful in any customizations? Maybe with swapping out the Sub Attack Ring?
(Jul. 26, 2016  6:46 PM)pompadude Wrote: Is the Attack Ring from Strata Dragoon V useful in any customizations? Maybe with swapping out the Sub Attack Ring?

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-PLA-Ban...mbinations
That's a tricky one to answer.
It's all up in the air.
If that thread goes through, War Bear SAR on Dragon Breaker will still see some use.
for future reference, use the Plastics Q&A thread.
I have an Attack Ring I'd like to talk about: Double Attacker

I own Blizzard Orthrus for quite a long time now for various reasons. First of all: I like its design, it's definitely a great addition to any collection just because of aesthetical reasons.
Second: Twin Guard, third: Double Attacker.

First of all: Double Attacker is on the competitive parts list. RDF3 described the part when FIREFIRE CPB asked for an advice for which hyper aggressive Attack Ring he should get:
[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread Post.
And to be honest: That was also what I expected when I got Orthrus back then. When I complained about the part, Silva replied that I should try to use it along with Uriel 2's Grip Change Base instead of Defense Grip Base.
And I've felt that this could be a good idea, and indeed, the Grip Change Base tip is extremely nice to handle, it is a lot of fun. I've tried it with a Triple Tiger & Survivor Ring combo and seems to be really great.

But Double Attacker... it's basically the same as on Defense Grip Base. And with Uriel 2's tip sitting in Wolborg 2's casing you have no chance to add some (maybe) significant weight to the centre of the bey. It is still "basically a light and recoily piece of plastic". I see how Square Edge is able to knock out the opponent and I'm impressed, then I see Double Attacker, bouncing back like it's made of air, not able to deliver some consitent hits. It may be hyper aggressive, yeah, but in a way that it manages to kill itself while doing not any significant hits to the oppenent.

What I want to say is: If an $60+ AR is listed under competitive Smash Attack, so that people might actually consider buying it, it should better be good. And "quite a bit" or "sometimes maybe... perhaps, I don't know" useful is not enough imo. Along with the fact that there are better alternatives like Square Edge (which is also kind of hard to get, but definitely easier to obtain than Orthrus).
I'm also not the biggest fan of Twin Guard (good alternatives like Cross Survivor/Survivor Ring), but this could be a reason to buy Orthrus apart from collection purposes. But I imagine someone buying Orthrus G for its AR. And I think it's not worth it to be honest, as much as I like the two-headed dog.

[/kind of random Plastic gen input, lol]
That's why when the article is finished we will say it's not a must buy Smile all the parts in the top tier list where tested by a guy who was extremely passionate about plastics so it would deserve to be up there but at the end of the day different parts are preferred by different bladers
Quote:all the parts in the top tier list where tested by a guy who was extremely passionate about plastics so it would deserve to be up there but at the end of the day different parts are preferred by different bladers

I'm positive that th!nk was extremely passionate about the plastic gen. But I can't say that I totally agree with Double Attacker being up on the list. And that does not have anything to do with a preference for certain parts, it's about what I can see using it in battles.
Th!nk said that Double Attacker is basically hyper aggressive attack, resulting in high recoil. And he said that it could be compensated with the use of a tip which is able to control this recoil, so he listed Grip Chance Base.
The problem I have is: I don't see how. I have both Takara Defense Grip Base and Grip Change Base and, on one hand, I have to say that shape-wise they are not as extremely different as I've expected them to be. On the other hand, Grip Change Base feels a lot better and I can agree with th!nk that if I had a choice, then I would go for GCB istead of DGB.
But: The outcome for Double Attacker is quite the same running on GCB as on DBG. It has just a ton of recoil which is more of a flaw than the AR's power can compensate.
I could be completely wrong though. Maybe I have to go with another setup than:

Just one question: Do you have Double Attacker? Or better question: Have you tried it already?
Well do tests then benchmark it against triple wing/cross griffon if you think it isn't competitive
If I have some time I'll do a bit of a comparison, yeah.
Just wanted to have some input from other bladers who own Orthrus and have already tried it in battle. Would be interesting if they have more success with it (like th!nk) than I had.
Because if I'm already using a wrong setup (I don't really have an idea what to change, but anyways...), it would be a little bit frustrating to wear down GCB tip without any results in the end...

Btw. th!nk listed "WD: Ten Wide (the heavy one – for maximum recoil control)" for his other hyper aggressive tests.
What's a heavy Ten Wide? Wide Defense? Or does he actually mean Ten Heavy (which could be able to control its recoil, simultaneously lowering the bey's movement).
Never used mine so I can't help there. As for the ten wide maybe he was referring to the weight variance of parts and that if you have one that is heavy then it's worth using.
IIRC some of Sonokong's G-Rev 10 Wides are about the same weight as Wide Defense. It's been awhile since I weighed mine, but I know my SK 10 Wides are heavier than my Hasbro ones and may be the same weight as my Wide Defense.
Oh, I see, that does indeed make sense. Thanks for clarifying!
Can I have a face bolt sticker for my beyblade
(Dec. 18, 2016  11:08 PM)Bdawg65 Wrote: Can I have a face bolt sticker for my beyblade

create a thread for buying stickers in the buying forum