[Perth, Western Australia] July 3rd, 2011 - The Only Show in Perth!

on
Hosted by
  th!nk
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Tourney is currently full, barring cancellations.
You may register for a reserves list, and if you would be able to make it on short notice, (like, if I called you at 12:15 to get there by 1), then you may register for that as well (give me a contact number, preferably mobile, and a name). You'll be given major consideration for the second tourney, and if there are a lot of you, I'll host a second tourney in the near future, the soonest it works for everyone. I apologise for not warning you sooner.
If there are another 12 people though, I'll look into doing blocks, but I sincerely doubt that (and it would be hard to manage)

The reason for the limit is out of interest for attendees. We want you to have the maximum number of battles possible for the first tourney, for everyone's sake. The only format that will give us this is normal Round Robin, which is capped at 12 participants (as otherwise, it is too much work for the committee). Please be understanding, that I'm doing this for the good of our tournament scene, and will work to make up for anyone who misses out Smile

What: An Official Tourney, for Perth Bladers!

When: Sunday, 3rd of July (2011). 12 Noon. Tourney Starts at 1PM, Free Play for the Hour Before. Make sure you arrive at 12, please. Cute
Any later than 12:15, and your position is forfeit. If it's 12 and you're not there yet, text me. Full details are here. My number will be provided in the reminder PM.

Where: Kings Park, Variety Pavillion, or surrounding area.
Here's A Map of Kings Park's Venues It's #33, off Saw Avenue.

ENTRY FEE: 5USD (~$4.70 AU). Free for passport holders. Passports will be $10 USD. (They’re not actual physical objects but you can register for one at the event, and you'll receive a Passport Face once the WBO issues it to you). This is all WBO rules.

Prizes: First Prize: $25 Worth of Beyblade Stuff (Prize-Winners Choice)
Second Prize: $15 Worth of Beyblade Stuff (Prize-Winners Choice).
Notes on Prizes (Click to View)
Whatever the WBO’s funding doesn’t cover prizewise, I’ll cover myself.

Rules: Standard WBO Rules. Here. READ THEM. Plus the 3.6 Update: READ IT TOO!

An extra thing, though it isn't a rule, I'd prefer if, out of respect to stadium owners and the tourney holder (me), people refrained from using MS/M145 unless absolutely necessary. It's not against the rules, but in my opinion there is a risk of damage to stadiums due to improper use, and if there is any ill feeling after the event, I won't be inclined to host again.
I'd rather people didn't use the Rev-Up launcher, as it's not totally fair IMO, but that's a personal opinion, and I'm not going/able to stop you. It'll be cool if we kept it to beylaunchers, though, at least for our first tournament Smile

Format: Round Robin. All players battle each other once, and then the three players with the most wins play round robin against each other, number of wins decides placing. Tie Breakers, again, where necessary. This limits us to 12 places, however.

Please read the the Official Event Guide if you're interested in how things will be/should be run.

[b]Only say you can "definitely attend" if you are 100% sure you can make it (check with parents/guardians before posting, PLEASE)
If we end up with only 7 people there on the day because you don't attend, I will hunt you down and launch horrible combo's at you until you are mortally wounded/I get bored. (Storm Cancer 145S: Expect It, All Over Your Face)

I’d love it if everyone could make it (and let’s be honest, we’re in Perth, it’s not like there’s anything else to do), but that probably won't happen. However, if it goes well, I'll look at hosting another, and work it out schedule-wise with the people who couldn't make it to this one. Because I'm a pretty cool guy like that.

So yeah, let's do this thang.

Confirmed Attendees: 12: Full (Click to View)

Super Long Extra Notes that aren't required reading, but may be helpful to anyone who wants explanations/clarifications of stuff/has overprotective parents (Click to View)

Explanation of Tourney Format (Round Robin) (Click to View)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

The only video was of the first battle between me and Tokyo Boyy, the last battle, in which he KO'd my combo. May be one of the full match (pretty cool, I came back from 2 down, almost won due to a bad launch on his part, there was a reshoot (possibly called too late, but I'm not arguing, as it would have been really, really unsatisfying). But yeah, I don't have one.

We should totally have made an anthology of Tokyo Boyy beating everyone, though.

But yeah, not many were taken, it was a bit chaotic as it was my first time organising and we knew we were going too slow, so yeah. Next time, it'll all be co-ordinated more smoothly, now I know how everything unfolds

This said, next time we need to be harder on the timing of the reshoot clause (we reigned it in when it got out of hand, as we initially forgot about the "having to call instantly" thing (I was really, really, really tired, okay?). Don't get me wrong, we didn't allow any obviously BS calls, but yeah, we will need to be stricter next time.
Ah I see..well if you can manage to get that up, that would be awesome! Great job again on the tournament.
I don't have it, but someone should hopefully Tongue_out

Thanks very much, it wasn't easy, but the next one will be a huge improvement Tongue_out

Finally writing up results, should get the tourney fees sent tonight. All but around two attendees bought passports Tongue_out
Results are typed, and I'mma send them and the money in a few minutes.

But, MORE IMPORTANTLY: ANYONE IN PERTH WHO HAS PLASTICS, EVEN IF IT'S JUST ONE, OR IF YOU CAN BORROW ON ON JULY 17th, PLEASE, CONTACT ME ASAP OR POST HERE! I want to do something for plastics remembrance day, but we need just a few more blades. Read the thread for details.
CONGRATS to all the winners, and best of luck for PR day on 17 July!
Well, you did use that TH170, eh? Hehe! You are always true to your words, th!nk! When you PMed me, I thought you were really serious about using EWD.... Tongue_out
Ahaha, TH170 is a ridiculously overpowered track, so of course I (ab)used it.

Considered EWD, but it didn't work well enough for me, and I had other options. Tongue_out

I didn't even pull out MF MLD CH120XF, due to the overload of stamina and Hell Kerbecs BD145WD and such (plus I wasn't totally confident about my launch.
(Jul. 04, 2011  4:10 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Ah I see..well if you can manage to get that up, that would be awesome! Great job again on the tournament.

hey i have a video of it! i ll see if i can upload it, and if i can, i ll notify u immediately
That'd be awesome, burnphoenix123.

ANYWAY:

Spamming this around cos I want to get this sorted ASAP

Okay. I want to do something for Plastics Remembrance Day.

I've got enough plastics to loan them out and run a tourney like that. but the loaned ones won't be amazing (one has trygles jumping base FFS). So, people who can bring their own and share will be given priority. That said, if you don't have plastics, you're still welcome to register your interest. I'm only gonna make it an 8 person affair, because I don't want to run over, but do want to do normal Round Robin.

Anyway, July 17th. Details HERE!
Results submitted, prizes being sorted out now.
hey guys
does anyone possibly know if there is a beyblade metal fusion/masters tournament coming up, because i just missed this one
if you dont, thats ok
Thnx guys ;-D
It'll happen whenever someone (probably me) organises it.

Probably mid-late August or something, we'll see. Have to let people get/find new stuff so it's not just a repeat of the last tourney, or it'll get dull.