[Perth, Western Australia] July 3rd, 2011 - The Only Show in Perth!

on
Hosted by
  th!nk
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Tourney is currently full, barring cancellations.
You may register for a reserves list, and if you would be able to make it on short notice, (like, if I called you at 12:15 to get there by 1), then you may register for that as well (give me a contact number, preferably mobile, and a name). You'll be given major consideration for the second tourney, and if there are a lot of you, I'll host a second tourney in the near future, the soonest it works for everyone. I apologise for not warning you sooner.
If there are another 12 people though, I'll look into doing blocks, but I sincerely doubt that (and it would be hard to manage)

The reason for the limit is out of interest for attendees. We want you to have the maximum number of battles possible for the first tourney, for everyone's sake. The only format that will give us this is normal Round Robin, which is capped at 12 participants (as otherwise, it is too much work for the committee). Please be understanding, that I'm doing this for the good of our tournament scene, and will work to make up for anyone who misses out Smile

What: An Official Tourney, for Perth Bladers!

When: Sunday, 3rd of July (2011). 12 Noon. Tourney Starts at 1PM, Free Play for the Hour Before. Make sure you arrive at 12, please. Cute
Any later than 12:15, and your position is forfeit. If it's 12 and you're not there yet, text me. Full details are here. My number will be provided in the reminder PM.

Where: Kings Park, Variety Pavillion, or surrounding area.
Here's A Map of Kings Park's Venues It's #33, off Saw Avenue.

ENTRY FEE: 5USD (~$4.70 AU). Free for passport holders. Passports will be $10 USD. (They’re not actual physical objects but you can register for one at the event, and you'll receive a Passport Face once the WBO issues it to you). This is all WBO rules.

Prizes: First Prize: $25 Worth of Beyblade Stuff (Prize-Winners Choice)
Second Prize: $15 Worth of Beyblade Stuff (Prize-Winners Choice).
Notes on Prizes (Click to View)
Whatever the WBO’s funding doesn’t cover prizewise, I’ll cover myself.

Rules: Standard WBO Rules. Here. READ THEM. Plus the 3.6 Update: READ IT TOO!

An extra thing, though it isn't a rule, I'd prefer if, out of respect to stadium owners and the tourney holder (me), people refrained from using MS/M145 unless absolutely necessary. It's not against the rules, but in my opinion there is a risk of damage to stadiums due to improper use, and if there is any ill feeling after the event, I won't be inclined to host again.
I'd rather people didn't use the Rev-Up launcher, as it's not totally fair IMO, but that's a personal opinion, and I'm not going/able to stop you. It'll be cool if we kept it to beylaunchers, though, at least for our first tournament Smile

Format: Round Robin. All players battle each other once, and then the three players with the most wins play round robin against each other, number of wins decides placing. Tie Breakers, again, where necessary. This limits us to 12 places, however.

Please read the the Official Event Guide if you're interested in how things will be/should be run.

[b]Only say you can "definitely attend" if you are 100% sure you can make it (check with parents/guardians before posting, PLEASE)
If we end up with only 7 people there on the day because you don't attend, I will hunt you down and launch horrible combo's at you until you are mortally wounded/I get bored. (Storm Cancer 145S: Expect It, All Over Your Face)

I’d love it if everyone could make it (and let’s be honest, we’re in Perth, it’s not like there’s anything else to do), but that probably won't happen. However, if it goes well, I'll look at hosting another, and work it out schedule-wise with the people who couldn't make it to this one. Because I'm a pretty cool guy like that.

So yeah, let's do this thang.

Confirmed Attendees: 12: Full (Click to View)

Super Long Extra Notes that aren't required reading, but may be helpful to anyone who wants explanations/clarifications of stuff/has overprotective parents (Click to View)

Explanation of Tourney Format (Round Robin) (Click to View)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jun. 29, 2011  3:38 PM)burnphoenix123 Wrote: ok, so let me get this straight, tourney at kings park, variety pavilion, around 1 o clock and WBO rules. btw are we allowed to bring our own stadiums for the actual tournament? me and my brother have an attack type stadium, so if we need to bring it, pm me

i thought we come at 12 rite?
oh and im just pointing this out, i need some beypoint cards, for 2 of my friends and me, those of u who came at the omega nova meeting should know this, but if any of u who do have beypoint card(s), can u please bring them? i would appreciate it if u did thanks!

btw pm me so i know your user thanks again!
PRACTISING
Get psyched guys, one day to go. Good luck to all the Perth bladers competing in this tournament. May the best bladers win. 3... 2... 1... Go Shoot!
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT'S TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, in about 10-11 hours, anyway.

BUT YES THE TOURNAMENT IS TODAY OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

I'm still sorting out the play order. Currently doing that, and then bed time. Too excited to sleep but oh well Tongue_out

Looks like we will have a few cool drinks (just lemon right now though), but yeah, BRING WATER.

Also, my dad will be coming along, turns out. He is not similar to me physically. He is big, and scary, and actually a pretty nice guy but yeah, you should probably behave.

OKAY GOODNIGHT. MY BEYSPIRIT IS HIGH AND I MAY NOT SLEEP, BUT I SHALL TRY, SO YOU WON'T HEAR A PEEP... Uhh, from me... Maybe. I dunno.

Hope I've practised and prepared enough... Blading will be harder with the extra stress of running dis thang. Might need to alter my style a little to compensate. MEH ANYWAY GOODNIGHT.
good luck guys.... hope all goes well!
ANYONE DOING LAST MINUTE PRACTISES?
I am just to be sure that i won't lose every game with my storm capricorn
Lol, I'm too busy stressin' about getting everything there.... And I didn't get enough sleep. But I'm super excited Grin
tourneys today, and im not sure if i ve trained Tongue_out hopefuly i ll do some last minute training with my brother
if anyones still reading 1 hour and 15 mins left before you need to be there
Yes, we are Tongue_out

And burnphoenix123, that's why we have the free play time :p I need some 1v1 practice myself :p
So who who came first , second and third? I am eager to see how this went Grin and what is the meta game like ?
1st: Me: TH170= Unholy Beast Track. Lost a couple of battles due to poor height or spin direction choices, I'm not making excuses, I chose those and it would have been close even if I did choose correctly.

2nd: Tokyo Boyy (only lost the one battle). If he'd had TH170 or used his lld during the final, I'd have been in huge trouble. Ended up with the same combo's but mine on TH220, him on 230 (we went 3:1). He's damn good. We went down to the last battle in our first match. There should be video of the KO he got me with Tongue_out
He was incredible.

3rd: SDamonCronous: Who did amazingly well with some pretty dated parts, and had a launch that let his earth wd combo os hell kerbecs. Let down by his sliding shot.

I lost against Melvyn900: Gravity let me down bad, as did a poor choice to use right spin in one round. He also came fourth overall. Basalt is surprisingly decent on rf.

Hope no one minds me mentioning parts Smile

It's JUST finished, gonna run block rr in future, this went WAY too long
Had 14 competitors in the end, but I read a post by kai-v last night saying 16 was the actual limit. I'll try to have the results in by tomorrow, there's a lot to go through.

Glad I won, yeah, but Tokyo Boyy is an awesome blader,

Have a few things to go through in terms of da rules. Firstly: I want a rethink about mode-changes that require disassembly and whether that's intended use, as I believe it is (though I could be wrong, a better explanation would be nice). Just want to check something about the reshoot clause, but yeah. A little minor and maybe I need more reading but yeah.

Oh, we had to split up into two stadiums, which required a number of people to judge as we were short of time. I'll send the comittee a list and full explanation, but yeah.

Also, ll2 needs retesting, people were getting some really powerful launches off them. Definitely a viable alternative to a beylauncher IMO.
Hah , I knew TH170 would come in handy I hope it helps me at my up coming tourney hint hint. And about the LL2 I think it works well but it is very hard to keep the beys in the stadium. Anyway I am glad this worked out well Grin
Yeah, it's hard to control, but at the very least, it's very close to the beylaunchers power... Confused

But yeah, not doing blocks was a bad choice, TBH. I think most of us got tired of it, as it went on so long, and it was COLD. Some tips were ruined by the concrete floor. I gave away a couple of LL2's and gave a couple of people some DS's to replace theirs (DS+ Rough Concrete = Ugly).

Tokyo boyy was extremely good. As I said, he won more matches than me, he was the guy we were all worried about facing Tongue_out

About TH170: The main part is because the heights are so different, you really need to know what to choose to make it work against most combo's. I lost against Tokyo Boyy because I chose the wrong height on my combo (though even then, it would've been pretty close).

Also, the vast majority of people bought blader passports. Dunno if this is good or bad for the WBO's revenue in the long term, as I'll probably host at least a few more tourneys this year, but yeah. Will have it all sent through and worked out ASAP, right now I need to rest.
Metagame: Mostly hasbro-ish, as not many people have access to TT, a lot of Hell Kerbecs stamina and attack combo's, and a pretty decent bit of basalt. The rest was mainly whatever Tokyo Boyy leant to people Tongue_out
Someone selling Cheap CS's could make themselves a fair bit at a Perth tourney, most people should have really used it instead of WD (though in stamina, I found it's more about launch strength than the combo you use).

Not much attack from what I saw. I should've used more attack combo's but felt uncomfortable with my slide shot. Didn't lose the few matches I used them in, though. The one combo I used my Gravity Defence combo against, was an offensive basalt, and that was probably a bad choice on my part, but yeah.

Personally, I need to work on making my combo's more reliable. There's a lot more variables at tourneys that I kinda hadn't prepared for, and the combo I was planning to use for most of the tourney didn't do as well as I'd hoped.

Also: Might do some kinda launching seminar kinda do some time, I dunno, because yeah, a lot of people would benefit from it. Tongue_out

Furthermore, I now understand what people say when they talk about "Lightning Tank Worship" (that's the phrase, not using nicknames). That said, if I'd used it more I would have done better, but with all the weird low track stuff around I wasn't totally confident. It probably would have done fine, but eh. My LRF is also REALLY REALLY SLOW. It looks fine, but for some reason it doesn't move fast. Meh.
It's all over. All done
Next time, I promise it'll be faster. Everyone who judged did an excellent job of it, so it's a very promising sign for the future.
I look forward to the point where we can all get TT beys, I've got a fair bit of work/thinking to do about it, given the scale, but it should hopefully happen within the next two tourneys.

So yeah, I hope everyone had a good time, or at least no one had a bad time. It'll be better next time though, I promise.
So, if there's another tourney, what do we type in to get to the website? Anyone who knows, can you PM me? I really need to know.
I'll try to PM everyone from this tourney, and spam it around like I did this one, when I organise it.
hahah yea good battle thought. i need that th170 now >:[
I dread the day you get your hands on it. Or at least the tourney after. At the least, it's versatility can make prediction very tricky, and at worst, most combo's that use it are very hard to beat.

And as I said, congratulations on your great performance, you were the guy we all dreaded facing, and yeah, yah beat meh Tongue_out_wink
I need to get my customized basalt to have some more stamina but keep it's attack and defence the same >:[
You won't get much better than rf in terms of grip, but grab a hasbro cs, sounds like basically what you're looking for. They're apparently very very fast, and have decent stamina. That said, they wear extremely quick, so yeah, be prepared to at least get one solely for tourneys. Also, R145 is worth considering for the track, more recoil than gb145 but on rf, that basically means more smash. More weight is good Smile

Still, never thought rf would do so well with basalt, it's always been quite niche. But then basalt at speed was the point of my main combo (which I'd rather stay secret for a little longer, if we could, it wasn't too amazing anyway, or, at least, I didn't feel comfortable spamming it as I planned, after losing twice).
Right, right. I think you've given Tokyo boyy enough praise, he is an awesome blader Smile . I personally saw him at the Team Omega Nova meeting and knew what we were in for, so I was mentally prepared. My sliding shoot is weak, yes. I hardly ever use attack types, I find them too unpredictable Confused . I need to work on that, if I had that just a little bit better I could have been able to beat Tokyo boyy's bey with Lightning Tank, but oh well. I think third is ok for my first tourney, so I'm decently happy. Can't wait for the next one, and as I am going to bali in two days, I will have a whole new arsenal of parts (including some decent attack ones) so I might be able to beat Tokyo boyy... Actually, your right th!nk. Tokyo boyy is the person we all feared and I think the day I am able to beat him is the day I will become a decent blader, it will be an accomplishment that very few have successfully done. Anyway, see you all 'round. Now, I need some sleep.
Brighten up, third with the beys you used is absolutely incredible. You should be damn proud, a lot of the people you beat had much stronger beys, and you still beat them. Had your shot been better, you could have won the whole thing (my combo does manage well above 50% in that matchup, but it's still not a comfortable matchup).