HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day - July 17th and WBO OP Official Rules Release 4.0!

Hey World Bladers!

Over the past few years, we've all become engrossed in Metal Fight Beyblade, but we mustn't ever forget the systems that started it all …! Plastics and the Heavy Metal System! That's why the WBO is declaring Sunday, July 17th, 2011 HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day around the world!

Here are the tournaments we currently have lined up!:

More tournaments will be added soon! If you're interested in hosting a tournament on HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day, post a proposal in the Event Proposals forum.

Now, while we unfortunately will not be processing these tournaments into the BeyPoints System, Faces will still be awarded, and to help make up for the lack of BeyPoints, we will be awarding Extra Credits! to all HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day participants! Instead of the usual +1 for attending a tournament, you will receive +3! And we aren't stopping there! We will also be doing another "BeyLotto"! But this time, it will be HMS & Plastics-themed!

Everyone who enters a HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day tournament anywhere in the world will be given a number, and will be put into an exclusive lottery draw for these awesome, classic prizes!:

All physical prizes are either NIB/NIP or brand new/unused, by the way! And also, because some tournament organizers may not be able to secure prizes for their tournaments in time, the top two prizes from the BeyLotto will be limited to the Bladers who finish in the top three of their local tournament.

Additionally, in celebration of HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day, we've also added four new avatars to the default gallery:

And finally … WBO Organized Play Official Rules Standard/Universal Release 4.0 is here!
Standard Rules | Universal Rules

This is a huge update, so let me outline all of the changes here:
  • All rule updates outlined in "3.6" have been added to this release. Please see this thread for details regarding those updates.
  • The Super Attack Stadium is no longer legal in the Standard Format.
  • The Triple Battle Type Stadium is now legal for all formats.
  • The following passage has been added to the Stalling Clause description:
    Stalling Clause Wrote:This clause can only last a maximum of four minutes, after which both Bladers must be ready to initiate the BeyBattle. Unless due to a technical issue (i.e. a Blader cannot find a Tool to assemble their Beyblade), any longer delay will be counted as an automatic loss of the BeyBattle by the Blader causing the delay. The judge should demonstrate reasonable discretionary power.
  • A BeyLauncher LR section has been added to help clarify its use:
    BeyLauncher LR Wrote:The Beylauncher LR must be used with its cap.

Spin direction can be changed on the Beylauncher LR in between rounds, but it may not be changed when a Beyblade is already attached to one of its sets of prongs. This rule applies to all dual-spin launchers.
  • A Rev Up Launcher section has been added to help clarify its use:
    Rev Up Launcher Wrote:The Rev-Up Launcher must be used either in the same method as with a Beylauncher, or with its proper use, by revving it up.

This launcher can only be revved during the countdown, before “Shoot!” or “rip!” are said.
  • The bolded in the following quote has been added to the "Rules of Shooting" section:
    Rules of Shooting Wrote:Each Blader is allowed only the space of half the BeyStadium while preparing to launch and while launching. The limit should be parallel to both Bladers. Any disrespect of this rule, after reasonable warning by the judge, will count as an automatic loss of the round for the offending Blader.

…

If a winder-based Launcher is being used, a legal launch consists of the winder being pulled out of the shooter, rather than pushed in.
  • In the "Selection of Beyblade and Launcher" section, this:

Selection of Beyblade and Launcher Wrote:Once the Beyblade is attached to the Launcher, that Beyblade must be used for the duration of the BeyBattle.

Has been updated to the following:
    Selection of Beyblade and Launcher Wrote:Once the Beyblade is attached to a Launcher, that Beyblade must be used for the duration of the BeyBattle.
  • The Reshoot Clause description has been updated to include the following:
    Reshoot Clause Wrote:When this clause is invoked, the Blader and their opponent may also change their launchers if they wish (the opposing Blader may only replace his or her launcher if the Blader invoking the Reshoot Clause chooses to do so him/herself). The replacement launchers must be of the same spin direction as the launcher that their Beyblade was previously attached to (ie. If the Blader was using a Light Launcher 2 previously, they must replace it with something such as the BeyLauncher, or the BeyLauncher LR in right spin mode).
  • The BeyLauncher L section has been updated slightly to cover all left-spin/dual-spin Beyblades, rather than just L Drago or Lightning L Drago:
    BeyLauncher L Wrote:The BeyLauncher L is designed to be compatible with left-spin or dual-spin Beyblades only.
    You may not use the BeyLauncher-L to make other Wheels spin counter-clockwise.

Likewise, for any launchers with a set of single-spin prongs, you may not use left-spin prongs for right-spin-only Beyblades, and vice-versa with left-spin only Beyblades on right- spin prongs. For instance, L Drago and Lightning L-Drago pertain to the second category. Gravity Perseus and Vari Ares are the only Beyblades that can use both spin rotations.

Phew … that's it! Now, let's all dust off our HMS and Plastics and prepare for HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day!!

P.S. If any of you are wondering "What about the new campaign?", please rest assured … we are still working on it! It's well worth the wait, trust us. Wink
THE DAY HAS COME !!

SO MANY PRECIOUS MEMORYS ARE RETURN TO ME … LAUNCH OF THE BEY OVER TEN YEAR AGO, THE FIRST WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS IN JAPAN … TAKARA-TOMY BEYBLADE HIATUS IN 2005 … HOW INSPIRE IT IS THAT WE HAVE MADE IT TO THIS POINT ?? I WOULD NOT BE SAME DJ IF NOT FOR PLASTIC AND HMS …

WHAT DO ALL YOU REMEMBER ? HOW MUCH HAVE YOU GROWN ? I AM SURE THAT PARTICIPATING IN HMS & PLASTICS REMEMBRANCE DAY WILL RUSH MEMORYS BACK TO YOU, SO … PICK UP CUSTOMIZE GRIP AND WITNESS YOUR OLD BEYHEARTS IGNITE BRILLIANTLY TWO WEEK FROM NOW, WHERE EVER YOU MAY BE~!!
Yes, FINALLY, a plastics/HMS Remembrance Day! I won't be attending any tournies (sadly) but I'll definitely be playing with my older beys that day. I still do it quite often, haha. Also, woot for the new rules release. I like the new default avatars as well Kei! Nice job done committee members!
bladerdj
Plastics and HMS forever bro! I remember a lot and have grown to be a better blader, just from being here! And everytime I pick up an older bey, there's so much nostalgia... Even now I keep creating memories with them!
AMAZAING!!!!! This is awesome!!! HI BLADER DJ!

I had so much fun with the Plastics and HMS! Thank You!
BEST NEWS EVER.

But why no beypoints for it? It still requires knowledge and skills. Also, are Tornado Balance, Tornado Attack, and Tornado Balance Type S allowed?
OOhhhh that IS sweet! Im so glad an Veteran. I supoort this for every year Cool dei, Beypointers and ranks is MFB system, not Plastic/HMS :p use your head. Also I know what you mean tho.
YAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS IS SO AWESOME WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO PLASTICS FOREVERRRRR!Ive been saving a powerful plastic for this.
why isn't the super attack stadium legal anymore?
i JUST saved up enough Unhappy
Yeaaaaaahhhhh.

So looking forward to this.
Let the nostalgia flow ~

Good old days of plastics. <3
So this is the surprise! Amazing. No Supper Attack? Eh, didn't like the stadium anyways!

I'm trying to buy the Triple Type now!
strikerlord
Probably because of the ridges it has, and won't give promising results when being tested with, and it isn't as "balanced" and the MFB ATK Stadium.

Ahh, I wish I could participate in these tournies. I might be close to Ontario at the time, (might be in Michigan) but alas, I most likely won't be able to go... My plastics all fly apart when battling, but regardless, that makes for an even more exciting battle Joyful_2
Sadness i never really got to play with plastics its still kinda new to me haha i was the one kid playing with trypio and einstin i think? whichever was the one that bounced....
Will there be a WBO Entry fee on this one? Like BeyDays, that is.
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:22 AM)® Wrote: OOhhhh that IS sweet! Im so glad an Veteran. I supoort this for every year Cool dei, Beypointers and ranks is MFB system, not Plastic/HMS :p use your head. Also I know what you mean tho.

A Beypoint System does not only apply to Metal Fight Beyblade, you are wrong.

Raigeko13 Wrote:I like the new default avatars as well Kei!

By the way, I made those avatars.

Deikailo Wrote:Also, are Tornado Balance, Tornado Attack, and Tornado Balance Type S allowed?

Read the Universal Rules.

strikerlord Wrote:why isn't the super attack stadium legal anymore?
i JUST saved up enough

It was mostly a compromise to keep as many decent "fair-to-Attack-types" stadiums legal, but the Triple Battle Type BeyStadium is much better.
EPIC if i had HMS and Plastics Crying the triple type stadium? I'm not familiar with it th Super attack stadium wasn't fun it was just negative hard to use making it fair but un fun is why i feel it was banned
Wow, Kai-V your Avatar and Signature you made look great! <- Off Topic.

Hopefully I can host one soon! Also, it is a disqualification for not Revving the Rev-Up Launcher?
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:37 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Wow, Kai-V your Avatar and Signature you made look great! <- Off Topic.

No, I made the new free avatars; Kei made the Committee's set of avatars and signatures.
Wow looks fun! Pity I cant find any of my brothers old beys. Crying Anyway, glad the super attack stadium is out.
Ok, thank you for clearing that up.

Sorry for asking again, but will people have to pay an entry fee?
Really looking forward to this, big thanks to the committee. Now we get to relive our childhood haha !
I will partake in a moment of silence for beys who have been thrown off and destroyed to show my respect for the plastic and HMS era.
That's so awesome!!! Hopefully I can come Smile
Wow , and this happens straight after i said i wont get any HMS because i want to be a competitive blader , i will try to get one going in Sydney but i highly doubt that i can get 8 people.

EDIT: and if i can get it going i will have to use Driger MS or something bad, unless i can convince the rents to get me DEMS .
Hah. A great idea. Joyful_2 Who thought of this?

I simply love how I see my screen name in every single post that Blader DJ makes. XD

By "Triple Battle Stadium" are you talking about that blue stadium with the interchangeable centers that Hasbro recently released? Or are you talking about something completely different that I can't seem to think of?

EDIT: KEI!! HOW DID YOU KNOW THE SHELF WITH MY PLASTIC AND HMS BEYBLADES WAS GETTING DUSTY?!?!
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:38 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:37 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Wow, Kai-V your Avatar and Signature you made look great! <- Off Topic.

No, I made the new free avatars; Kei made the Committee's set of avatars and signatures.

LOOK AT OUR SWAG