Aug

Overly Complicated Rules

Silver Spring, Maryland
Martin Luther King jr Park
1120 Jackson Rd
  We will try to have it at the covered pavilion, but may need to use an open field near the bathroom building if it's in use
01:00 PM on 08/14/2021
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

No admission fee for venue or WBO at this time

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

This is a Burst Standard format tournament, with 3v3 rules! Read carefully before deciding to register!

Host: Deceased Crab

Format: Burst Standard. Consult the rules at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mbjw...sp=sharing 

This tournament will be operating using the experimental WBO 3v3 rules identified here:
* Each Blader assembles 3 Beyblades with no repeating parts in secret. A deck box will be provided at each stadium, with spots numbered 1 through 3. Each blader uses the deck box to determine the play order of their 3 beys.
* Bladers reveal their beys and their order.
* The match then begins using the first bey from each Blader's deck box. Once a point is scored by one of those beys or a launch ends in a tie, the next beys in each Bladers' lineup will be used.
* If all 3 beys of the Bladers are used in a match, and neither Blader has yet scored 3 or more points, then the Bladers will turn around and in secret take 30 seconds to (optionally) reorder their 3 beys in the deck box how they see fit. Bladers may make one non-disassembly mode change on each of their three beys at this time, but it is limited to one mode change per bey per match.
* Bladers then reveal the new order of their beys as well as announce any mode changes.
* Play resumes using the first bey in each Blader's roster, moving on to the second or third as necessary until one of the Bladers scores the points necessary to win the match.
* This process will repeat until one of the two Bladers has won the match.
A more detailed version of these rules will be available in the tournament thread, and while we can only assume that many of you will not read them, you will still be bound by them.

If you do not have 3 beys that are legal for Burst Standard, you probably should not register.

LocationThis event will be held outdoors at Martin Luther King Jr. Park. Please note the address in the description as the park itself is quite large and typing the park name into Google Maps may lead you in the wrong direction. Look at the picture for guidance.
[Image: 209914165_329425355479803_88577279805146...e=60F28914]

Time: As the tournament will start promptly at 1:00pm, please plan to arrive around 12:00pm when registration will begin. Registration will close at 12:45pm. Confirming your attendance on the WBO event page does not substitute for registration at the venue.

Prizes: None at this time. If your only motivation is prizes, maybe skip this one. This isn't even a ranked tournament. Maybe I'll add prizes later. It is, however, using an experimental format for the first stage, which is its own reward. EDIT: Everyone gets an appropriately sized cardboard deck box that is big enough to hold 3 burst DB beys, even on the Hybrid driver.

COVID-19 Precautions READ THIS BEFORE CONFIRMING YOUR ATTENDANCE:

This event will cooperate with Montgomery County Reopening Guidelines, as well as the WBO Covid-19 Guidelines effective from last year. This effectively means that you SHOULD mask up and stay away from people when possible, but those are just Strong Recommendations now.

Other Information:

We have a 32 participant cap. 

This is not a standard "One bey per match" during the first stage tournament! This is a WBO 3v3 tournament. The rules are posted above. Bring 3 beys with non-repeating parts to each match. A deck box will be provided at each stadium. The process will be demonstrated before the tournament begins.

A WBO Account is required to participate. They're free. Go make one now, and then click "Join Tournament" if you want to participate. Do not just show up and assume everything will be okay; without an account, you will not participate in the tournament, and without registering in one of the 32 participant slots by joining the tournament, your participation is denied.

It is important that you know what your WBO account name is. Otherwise, how will you participate? We cannot look that information up for you. It would help if you were logged into the account on a smartphone when you get there.

All participants must check in with the Organizer once registration begins. If you don't check in, it doesn't matter if you register online; you won't be playing. We will make numerous announcements reminding you to check in. We will do a roll call before the tournament begins. We will give you every opportunity in the world to let us know you are present at the tournament.

Be aware of your surroundings. This is a public park. Small children will be running around, it is right next to a playground. Some of them have lax attitudes towards property ownership. It is recommended that you do not leave your beys unattended.

Please come prepared. It is helpful for both hosts and judges if all participants bring at least three Takara Tomy or Hasbro-manufactured Beyblades of their own with non-repeating parts and more than one launcher when possible. Additionally, parents of children under the age of 13 must be present for the duration of the event, as tournament end times can be difficult to estimate, and we would hate for someone to be left behind once it is over.

Be aware of your belongings. We'd advise users to please, please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on time to participate. The tournament will begin no later than 1:00 PM and is expected to run for about 4 hours or less. We will start without you if you're later than than that. Please plan accordingly. If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events – Challonge – does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started. Once a single first round match has begun, no one else may be added.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Update 2: package has arrived, hitting the shower real quick then I'm ready
Leaving soon. Probably be Their around 12:40-12:50. Can’t wait!
Bout to leave, waiting on mom to finish something up

Omw now DeceasedCrab

I'm most likely gonna be late for the registration, Google maps saying 12:47 is when I'll make it there 😢
(Aug. 14, 2021  5:10 PM)greentornado700 Wrote: Hey do you need to have 3 launchers?

Nope
(Aug. 14, 2021  5:19 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2021  5:10 PM)greentornado700 Wrote: Hey do you need to have 3 launchers?

Nope

Thanks for the quick response
Can you post a link to the picture for the location?
(Aug. 14, 2021  5:24 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: Can you post a link to the picture for the location?

I apparently cannot. Someone broke the linked image I was using and I can't get a satellite image on my phone. It's the parking right near Horizon Child Care.

Edit: got it. https://ibb.co/jg23QNW
[Image: Screenshot-20210814-123741.png]

We are going to stretch registration to 1:15 after which point I'm going to go over the rules. We have 18 people here, and weather being what it is, we realistically cannot wait much longer than that. I'll be going over the rules after that, and around 130 we'll begin.

I know there are at least 3 of you who are running late and haven't arrived. But once a first round match is done, we cannot add anyone who was late.

I'm so tired. But I think a lot of people had a fun time, and that's really what matters. Here is a link to the finals bracket. https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/8ag6vclt and here is a link to the first bracket. https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/x5hsyap

More later.
Thank you again for hosting this tourney. We had a great time. Much appreciated!
(Aug. 14, 2021  11:07 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: Thank you again for hosting this tourney. We had a great time. Much appreciated!

Hey Mike, just wondering, ya said ya had a YT channel right, what's ya channel called?
(Aug. 14, 2021  11:42 PM)RYANTHEDRAGON98 Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2021  11:07 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: Thank you again for hosting this tourney. We had a great time. Much appreciated!

Hey Mike, just wondering, ya said ya had a YT channel right, what's ya channel called?

Here’s the link for you:
www.beybladeorburst.com
I'm so tired. I'm so sorry about the heat everyone. Rain would've been better, honestly. A little rain just to cool it off. I'm so tired.

greentornado700 What happened? You disappeared after the first round! I'm sorry I didn't explain this better, but even if you lose one match, you still have four matches left! It's a swiss format, like a chess tournament! You're guaranteed five matches! Please make sure you let the organizer know you're leaving before you leave!
(Aug. 14, 2021  11:46 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2021  11:42 PM)RYANTHEDRAGON98 Wrote: Hey Mike, just wondering, ya said ya had a YT channel right, what's ya channel called?

Here’s the link for you:
www.beybladeorburst.com

Subscribed
(Aug. 15, 2021  12:09 AM)RYANTHEDRAGON98 Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2021  11:46 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: Here’s the link for you:
www.beybladeorburst.com

Subscribed
THANK YOU!!!
Here is a tournament report for this. https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Aug-14-...es-reports I'm still waiting on winning combinations from shota, but once I have those I should have the spreadsheet done soonish. I wonder if they give gold silver or bronze bits for unranked events? I hope they do, those were earned through some real difficult matches!
(Aug. 14, 2021  11:46 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2021  11:42 PM)RYANTHEDRAGON98 Wrote: Hey Mike, just wondering, ya said ya had a YT channel right, what's ya channel called?

Here’s the link for you:
www.beybladeorburst.com

Nice didn’t know it was u.

(Aug. 15, 2021  12:18 AM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2021  12:09 AM)RYANTHEDRAGON98 Wrote: Subscribed
THANK YOU!!!

I watch u some times lol. Thought I recognized u but idk. Also drift is better on vanish than moment and the Valkyrie combo was really ballsy 🥶

(Aug. 15, 2021  12:18 AM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2021  12:09 AM)RYANTHEDRAGON98 Wrote: Subscribed
THANK YOU!!!

I watch u some times lol. Thought I recognized u but idk. Also drift is better on vanish than moment and the Valkyrie combo was really ballsy 🥶
(Aug. 15, 2021  2:02 AM)SS2 Blader Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2021  11:46 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: Here’s the link for you:
www.beybladeorburst.com

Nice didn’t know it was u.

(Aug. 15, 2021  12:18 AM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: THANK YOU!!!

(Aug. 15, 2021  12:18 AM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: THANK YOU!!!

HEHE thank you so much! I don't like drift much, too rolley for me lol. I don't like watching it slide out the stadium. The Valkyrie was surely crazy! It hit so hard!
(Aug. 15, 2021  2:11 AM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2021  2:02 AM)SS2 Blader Wrote: Nice didn’t know it was u.

HEHE thank you so much! I don't like drift much, too rolley for me lol. I don't like watching it slide out the stadium. The Valkyrie was surely crazy! It hit so hard!

Yeah. With drift, it’s all about opposite spin matches, you have to launch it weak to make it not frickin fly out of the stadium.
Here's the Spreadsheet! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Hope everyone enjoyed the tournament! I'm still interested in hearing about what people did or didn't like about the format in the tournament reports thread.
[Image: PXL-20210814-211720715.jpg]
This matches for event have now been processed.