3rd
Tournament Results
Baltimore Science Fiction Society building
3310 East Baltimore Street
  Building has a purple door.
1:00 PM on 12/14/2019
Format
Burst Classic

Selected Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

WBO Tournament Fees temporarily waived

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

This is a Burst Classic Tournament! Many layers and tips and discs are banned! Please Read and Understand the Burst Classic rules!

Host: Deceased Crab

Format: Burst Classic. Consult the rules at https://drive.google.com/open?id=13dKtCf...7B3-wyD1YY and consult the permitted parts list at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing I know it says "Old" in the title, but that's a joke on the product "Old Bay". But this time, that really means Burst Classic. No Lord Layers! We are safe from the Lord layers this time.

LocationThis event will be held indoors at the Baltimore Science Fiction Society building, which has a large library. http://www.bsfs.org/bsfsdrct.htm
https://www.google.com/maps?ll=39.292125...,+MD+21224
[Image: 1YQygRH.png]
Parking will be street parallel parking, there are no nearby lots or structures, but parking doesn't seem to be a problem on Saturdays.
Please tell your parents or whoever's driving that there are plenty of books to read and chairs to sit in.

Time: As the tournament will start promptly at 1:00pm, please plan to arrive around 12:00pm when registration will begin. Registration will close at 12:45am. Confirming your attendance on the WBO event page does not substitute for registration at the venue, make sure you register at the main desk once you arrive.
Do not arrive before 11:30am! The building will not be open before 11:30am, so please, don't. Go get some breakfast while you wait. Last time, some people showed up before 11:30am. That was incorrect to do!

Prizes: TBD

Other Information:
We have a 40 participant cap. There will not be a waitlist ahead of time if that fills up. 

Even if you can't or don't want to participate, you may show up and enjoy free play with other bladers at the venue.

Be aware of your surroundings. The BSFS organization has generously allowed us to hold a Beyblade tournament at a wonderful indoor venue. We are guests in this space, and we should be respectful. There are many books there! If you want to borrow one, use the card catalog box in the front room. Please do not use the board games on the shelf, you are more than welcome to come to BSFS at a later time to boardgame. Anyone interested in BSFS events should definitely go to http://www.bsfs.org/index.html and attend those. Anyone who's looking for some good books to read, well, you've come to the right Beyblade tournament.

Please come prepared. It is helpful for both hosts and judges if all participants bring at least one Takara Tomy or Hasbro-manufactured Beyblade of their own and more than one launcher when possible. Additionally, parents of children under the age of 13 must be present for the duration of the event, as tournament end times can be difficult to estimate, and we would hate for someone to be left behind once it is over.

Be aware of your belongings. We'd advise users to please, please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time. The tournament will begin no later than 1:00 PM and is expected to run for about 3 hours or less. It absolutely needs to finish by 5:00 PM. Please plan accordingly. If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events – Challonge – does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

Spread the Word!

Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

[/url][Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade

[url=http://worldbeyblade.org/images/facebookic.png][Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word! 
#BEYBLADE #MDBEYBLADE #WBO

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

For real, not kidding, it's Burst Classic. That means no God Layers, no ChoZ Layers, no GT Layers. A few dash drivers prohibited. All frames prohibited. All number and two-letter discs prohibited, as well as Zenith and Outer.

Rules to read!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13dKtCf...7B3-wyD1YY
Spreadsheet indicating legal parts!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

I will try to bring some extra parts for bladers who didn't read the rules to borrow. They won't be good combos.
I’ll try to come. Hopefully my luck is good enough to go…
It's a Saturday in December in Baltimore. It's Indoors and Warm in December. Good luck.
Hey DC, you might want to change that logo from Perfect Phoenix, Judgment, and Lord to something like Odin, V2, and Neptune! Smile
(Nov. 01, 2019  5:24 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: Hey DC, you might want to change that logo from Perfect Phoenix, Judgment, and Lord to something like Odin, V2, and Neptune! Smile

...dangit. well, maybe.
? I don't think my parents would allow me to go to this Tournament since for my family December is busy. 00F
Thanks to Red Ninja 0829 for putting classic layers on the logo!
Is there an age cap for this tournament?
(Nov. 04, 2019  7:37 PM)Dragreus111 Wrote: Is there an age cap for this tournament?

No, anyone is allowed to join!
(Nov. 04, 2019  7:37 PM)Dragreus111 Wrote: Is there an age cap for this tournament?

There is no age cap for any WBO tournament. Meaning that there will be a few people there who are in their 20s, and at least one in their 30s.

You might not have been to a WBO tournament before, so I have to ask, have you read the part limitations on Burst Classic? Do you know what parts are and aren't allowed? I have linked them in the first post and the announcement.
I’ll Be able 2 come 2 this one! Not registered yet but if the spots Are lookin small, than I’ll register.
I forgot that this was in Baltimore. This is a little too far.
(Nov. 14, 2019  2:22 AM)JPBD Wrote: What do you mean by burst classic?
It means that you can not use layers or discs past the single and dual layer era. You can however use drivers from any generation of beyblade. Read the guidebook here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13dKt...obilebasic
I mean if you don't have any bey combinations that are legal for this tournament format, you probably shouldn't register for this one.
I'll be coming with my son -- we would both like to enter the tournament! He's 7 and I'm 39. We both play a lot and are competitive with one another, but have never done a tournament. Looking forward to it!
(Nov. 16, 2019  1:35 AM)soft wizard Wrote: I'll be coming with my son -- we would both like to enter the tournament! He's 7 and I'm 39. We both play a lot and are competitive with one another, but have never done a tournament. Looking forward to it!

Welcome. Did you make an account for your son? You both need separate accounts registered for the tournament.

I must caution you, this is a Burst Classic tournament. Not every tip, layer, and disk is permitted! Please read the rules and spreadsheet linked in the original post and ensure you both have legal parts for the tournament.

You should message me with the parts you have, and I can tell you what is and isn't legal for the tournament.
The tournament's almost full up! If you need to deregister once it hits the cap, post in the thread and I'll ask a Contributor/Moderator/Admin/Whoever to remove you.

Let's talk format. The format of this tournament is probably going to be 5 round swiss or 6 round swiss. If you lose a match, don't leave. If you lose two matches, don't leave. Don't actually leave until the top 8 who made it to the finals are announced! If you think you're going to have to leave before that, deregister. Expect to be there until at least 4PM, if not 5PM or later.

There will be no waitlist in advance, waitlist will be first come first served the day of. I seriously doubt all 40 registered bladers will show up, because historically, a bunch of people always bail. This thread's been up for 21 days, so if you missed registration, well, you had your chance. There's always next time. Or just show up and there will likely be a couple of spots.

Also: Don't go behind the organizer desk if you're not a judge. Don't use the tournament beystadiums for practice. And don't sit in the front row of chairs at the beystadiums, I will be turning those backwards this time so people don't. I'll also have some orange cones and caution tape up, don't go beyond those if you aren't one of the participating bladers or judges.

We're going to have around 20 matches per round, and that's a lot to get through! That's about double the size of last time. So please, let's keep it orderly and efficient.
The cap is at the limit but if I go and not all 40 people are there could I still participate
Yeah. Like I said, I suspect a lot of people won't actually show up. It's a sad reality but I figure probably 10 people will just not show up. I imagine a few
Anyone who shows up nice and early can get on the waitlist and hopefully get a spot when someone doesn't show up, but participation is Not guaranteed for anyone who isn't already registered.

About 8 people have asked about this in direct messages already, so the waitlist might be crowded. It's going to be a heck of a tournament!

We might have a 6 round Swiss. I feel like I have enough organizational force to keep it running well. Whatever format, it will be explained before the tournament.
Just to confirm...even when the limit has been hit, people can still come and watch, right? My sons are interested, but I just found out.
Yes, spectating is fine, and there's a Freeplay area.

So for everyone, a few notes:

This time around we're going to turn around the front row of chairs near the tournament Beystadiums, we had some issues last time with spectators crowding the bladers during their matches.

The rule of thumb for entering the coned-off tournament matches area is "unless I just told you through a megaphone to enter that area, don't."
Can you use Hasbro against Takara Tomy?
You sure can! It generally won't work well for most beys, but you Can.

What you cannot do is combine TT tips and Hasbro layers, or Hasbro tips and TT layers.