New worldbeyblade.org — bug and issue reporting

This is a known issue, and unfortunately one that I haven't pointed out publicly as I haven't formally announced the Participant Cap feature, haha. I had wanted to make sure it was working as intended first.

Unfortunately, yes, participants cannot remove themselves from an event if the event hits it's cap. As a compromise until this issue is resolved, Contributors and Committee are able to remove them from the event, so anyone wanting to drop out should be contacting a member of the team, or the Event Organizer so they can make the arrangements instead.

Hopefully we'll have this resolved soon!
The Certificate needs to Updated. People are facing trouble opening WBO
We're aware of the issue, though this was something we fixed and renewed for two years before anyway. So something is going horribly wrong here, haha.

Bear with it for now and we'll sort it ASAP!

EDIT: Fixed. Hopefully.
Hey everyone!

Following some unexpected downtime today, we're also expecting some downtime tomorrow at around 8pm BST / 1pm CST for an hour. During this time, the site will not be accessible.

Thanks for your future understanding! We'll try to make this as quick as possible! Smile
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to give a heads up; we're experiencing some difficulties with users logging in following yesterday's unexpected downtime. Sit tight, and we hope to have this resolved later today alongside the scheduled downtime!

This issue does not affect any users who are already logged in. If you want to avoid the issue, don't log out!

Thanks all!

EDIT: This issue should now be resolved.
Welcome to the ~Mana~ thread, where I make four posts in a row and nobody bats an eyelid (I should really just make a separate "site updates" thread).

Hey guys!

Last night, we pushed an update to the Mentions system to enable compatibility with our Notifications system, as well as add styling to the tags that are parsed.

This does mean that the markup for tagging has now changed however! Instead of the old @[Username] tagging system, it's now possible to tag users by simply writing their username after an @ symbol. For example, Kei will tag him directly, without any need for the brackets anymore!

When doing slightly more complicated usernames with fancy symbols, you'll now need to do the old markup, but enclose the username in "quotation marks" instead of [square brackets] and present the same result; ~Mana~. This also means you can finally mention users whose usernames weren't compatible with the old system as well, such as JoJo [Jp0t]! Woohoo!

EDIT: Clarification for the above; smart punctuation won't work. If you know your "quotation marks" automatically format for their placement (this is a good example of the difference), I can only suggest you disable it or find a workaround for now. Sorry!

And as you'll notice, the usernames it shows are now formatted for the user role; so Committee show up dark blue above, but Organizers will show up purple, Contributors will be light blue, and so on. And to make things better; rather than random mention PMs that are easily missed, these mentions how show up in the Notifications window, and only once when you're first tagged, rather than every time someone edits their post!

[Image: olL92He.png]

And to top it off; mentions now also show in post previews, so you can check that a tag works before posting, instead of hoping for the best afterwards!

We hope this change isn't too hard to adjust to! It should be more convenient and much nicer to look at in the long run!

Thanks everyone! :)
(Jun. 05, 2019  11:13 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Welcome to the ~Mana~ thread, where I make four posts in a row and nobody bats an eyelid (I should really just make a separate "site updates" thread).

Hey guys!

Last night, we pushed an update to the Mentions system to enable compatibility with our Notifications system, as well as add styling to the tags that are parsed.

This does mean that the markup for tagging has now changed however! Instead of the old @[Username] tagging system, it's now possible to tag users by simply writing their username after an @ symbol. For example, Kei will tag him directly, without any need for the brackets anymore!

When doing slightly more complicated usernames with fancy symbols, you'll now need to do the old markup, but enclose the username in "quotation marks" instead of [square brackets] and present the same result; ~Mana~. This also means you can finally mention users whose usernames weren't compatible with the old system as well, such as JoJo [Jp0t]! Woohoo!

And as you'll notice, the usernames it shows are now formatted for the user role; so Committee show up dark blue above, but Organizers will show up purple, Contributors will be light blue, and so on. And to make things better; rather than random mention PMs that are easily missed, these mentions how show up in the Notifications window, and only once when you're first tagged, rather than every time someone edits their post!

[Image: olL92He.png]

And to top it off; mentions now also show in post previews, so you can check that a tag works before posting, instead of hoping for the best afterwards!

We hope this change isn't too hard to adjust to! It should be more convenient and much nicer to look at in the long run!

Thanks everyone! Smile
Thank you for your hard work! And I always read the posts here! This makes tagging so much easier!
This is awesome. Thanks ~Mana~!
Just a theoretical question, but what if someone’s name were to have quotation marks?
And one more bug: The Supreme One . This isn't allow spaces!
(Jun. 07, 2019  12:39 PM)ks123 Wrote: And one more bug: The Supreme One . This isn't allow spaces!

For usernames with spaces or special characters you must put "quotations" around the name.

The Supreme One
(Jun. 07, 2019  1:42 PM)OldSchool™ Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2019  12:39 PM)ks123 Wrote: And one more bug: The Supreme One . This isn't allow spaces!

For usernames with spaces or special characters you must put "quotations" around the name.

The Supreme One

Oh, thanks for this
(Jun. 07, 2019  11:51 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Just a theoretical question, but what if someone’s name were to have quotation marks?

We don't allow that. But if it were hypothetically allowed, it'd just be a case of swapping "quotation marks" with 'punctuation marks', as both should work.
The site was down for about an hour just now. What happened?
Honestly, I know nothing about this downtime. It might have just been a temporary issue, but I'll take a look just in case!
(Jun. 08, 2019  10:56 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: The site was down for about an hour just now. What happened?

(Jun. 09, 2019  12:47 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Honestly, I know nothing about this downtime. It might have just been a temporary issue, but I'll take a look just in case!

Yeah, I saw it too
Just a database backup. Nothing to be worried about Smile
I think something is wrong in forum team page, ~Mana~

And for addition, looks some random users got Admin or Mod access. This need fixed fast before someone make something bad.
That page shouldn't be linked anywhere on the site as it's a page we never completed. I can see that it's mistakenly on the Member List page. It wasn't ready for viewing.

The "random users" you see are also former members of the administration team at each of those tiers. So they're not technically "random" at all as you've assumed, haha. I've hidden those now too.
(Jun. 09, 2019  7:35 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: That page shouldn't be linked anywhere on the site as it's a page we never completed. I can see that it's mistakenly on the Member List page. It wasn't ready for viewing.

The "random users" you see are also former members of the administration team at each of those tiers. So they're not technically "random" at all as you've assumed, haha. I've hidden those now too.

*imagines every member making themselves #1 on the rankings*
https://imgur.com/gallery/aoO0RcR
Reported by @marutii that Post and subscribe option don't appear in Japanese mode.
(Jun. 10, 2019  4:04 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: https://imgur.com/gallery/aoO0RcR
Reported by @marutii that Post and subscribe option don't appear in Japanese mode.

Japanese mode should probably just be removed, right ~Mana~? We removed the forum a long time ago and the Japanese language option hasn't been maintained because of that.
I am unable to register my son. When trying to sign up, I get an error message that the edification email does not match the email I entered. However, there is no place to type a verification email.

(Jun. 11, 2019  12:22 AM)Josh R Wrote: I am unable to register my son. When trying to sign up, I get an error message that the  edification email does not match the email I entered. However, there is no place to type a verification email.

I can switch him into my profile, but he would want a different username. Can I change my username?
(Jun. 10, 2019  8:49 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2019  4:04 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: https://imgur.com/gallery/aoO0RcR

Japanese mode should probably just be removed, right ~Mana~? We removed the forum a long time ago and the Japanese language option hasn't been maintained because of that.

It happened before my time (I think), so I wouldn't know for sure. Something to look into.

EDIT: Oh, you mean remove it now. It is technically unsupported by us, so it's worth considering.
For some reason, my subscription to my team thread keeps getting undone randomly. The thread is this one: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-New-Jer...pid1524188