New worldbeyblade.org — bug and issue reporting

yeah, username change is a problem for me as well. I want to change my name since I do have a new stage name.... T_T
whenever I try to schedule a tournament I get a 413 Request Entity too large error. Why?
(Jan. 15, 2017  3:20 AM)Wombat Wrote: Not sure if anyone else has brought this up yet, but whenever I go to edit a post with a list in it, it changes the formatting of the list to this:
[Image: gMDYhOD.png]
The editor adds another bullet point after the [ / list ] tag and creates a newline before the beginning of the list. I don't know if it's something I'm doing to cause this, but it's never happened before the update and it sure is irritating to have to go through the whole parts list and fix the formatting for all the parts every time I need to update it. If it matters, I almost exclusively visit the WBO using Google Chrome on a PC.

Also this isn't exactly a bug, but if you could put the page navigation (the previous/next page number buttons) at the top of the thread as well as the bottom that would be great.

The list issue means that you left a list tag open somewhere, which would be causing that. It's not a bug, it's the editor trying to close the tag left open, haha.

And yes, page navigation on the top of the thread was something we discussed a while ago. It's on our list of things to add next.

(Jan. 29, 2017  5:02 AM)Beylon Wrote: Bad news. I am trying to edit the first post of my blog (see signiature) but the post is already so long, I can't get to the end of it in the edit window. It just stops scrolling about half-way, as if it's reached the end when it actually hasn't. The post is also too large to be displayed as code.

Clearly I have overstepped my rights in that post. Ha.

That's pretty odd actually, I can display the source of that post in full. Have you tried it on different devices, such as a different computer?

EDIT: Nope. Looking at it again, I definitely cannot display that post in full. Mother of god, that's long. We'll look into this for you, haha.

(Feb. 09, 2017  2:40 PM)Mandy© Wrote: yeah, username change is a problem for me as well. I want to change my name since I do have a new stage name.... T_T

Sorry about that! Username changes are indeed on our list of things to add back to the site, but we're currently working on some higher priority additions to the site before that. When username changing is added back, we'll include it in an announcement :)

(Feb. 10, 2017  1:19 AM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: whenever I try to schedule a tournament I get a 413 Request Entity too large error. Why?

Could you PM me with the contents of the proposal you're trying to create? Looks like it might be something within the contents of the thread.
(Feb. 10, 2017  2:03 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Sorry about that! Username changes are indeed on our list of things to add back to the site, but we're currently working on some higher priority additions to the site before that. When username changing is added back, we'll include it in an announcement Smile

Could you PM me with the contents of the proposal you're trying to create? Looks like it might be something within the contents of the thread.

is it because of a logo maybe because I can't delete it now that it's there
I haven't really read this thread, so I apologize if it has been mentioned before, but sometimes when I click on links in my feed, it will send me several pages behind the intended post.
(Feb. 10, 2017  3:08 AM)Achi-baba Wrote: I haven't really read this thread, so I apologize if it has been mentioned before, but sometimes when I click on links in my feed, it will send me several pages behind the intended post.

Sounds like something I addressed before:

(Dec. 27, 2016  5:41 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: For reference;
  • Thread Title - Takes you to the opening post on page 1.
  • Orange Arrow - Takes you to the first unread post in the thread.
  • User or Recent Post Time - Takes you to the newest post in the thread, regardless of which you've read.

Sounds like you're clicking the orange arrow, which is sending you straight to your first unread post, rather than the end of the thread Tongue_out
The email feature was something that I think is vital that it returns it has helped many hosts contact old bladers who as a consequence have returned to the game and reignited their interest
I've been trying to message a seller recently and it's not that we had a disagreement or anything but after a few messages he responded and we agreed to a deal and everything was set but then he just suddenly stopped responding and on a post somewhere he said to someone that his pm system wasn't working. So from this I believe that there may be a problem with the messaging system. He's come online many times and still never responds to the pms. And there's no way to know if he has seen the message like with Facebook and those other apps. If possible can the technicians of the site look into this matter.
The Messaging system is so badly flawed - I dislike the idea of having to click the thunder icon - it sometimes doesnt even appear on the PC/mobile site. The messaging system is buggy, it STOPS responding and leaves you hanging.. most of the time the screen goes BLANK! Eventually after waiting several minutes it starts working again. But can freeze again at any point.

I also feel both 'Private Messages' and 'Sign Out' should have been accessed in the toolbar directly like before. In addition, the colour scheme isnt very great and too light. I like the idea of having a blue/orange theme but its very excessive and lacks clarity. Its way too vivid and plain if that makes sense.
(Feb. 13, 2017  8:43 AM)mj9 Wrote: The email feature was something that I think is vital that it returns it has helped many hosts contact old bladers who as a consequence have returned to the game and reignited their interest

We'll look into this again. However, please note that users do receive email notifications when they receive PMs, so PMs do serve a very similar purpose. I stand corrected, apparently I've been spoiled by the email notifications too much, haha.

(Feb. 13, 2017  10:20 AM)Yblader1 Wrote: I've been trying to message a seller recently and it's not that we had a disagreement or anything but after a few messages he responded and we agreed to a deal and everything was set but then he just suddenly stopped responding and on a post somewhere he said to someone that his pm system wasn't working. So from this I believe that there may be a problem with the messaging system. He's come online many times and still never responds to the pms. And there's no way to know if he has seen the message like with Facebook and those other apps. If possible can the technicians of the site look into this matter.

Our Read Receipt feature isn't currently working, but it's on our list of things to do.

Could you PM me with the name of the user? I can look into this, but I don't believe it's an issue with the system itself. It's likely that PMs are disabled for that user for some reason.

(Feb. 13, 2017  12:16 PM)SwitchBladr Wrote: The Messaging system is so badly flawed - I dislike the idea of having to click the thunder icon - it sometimes doesnt even appear on the PC/mobile site. The messaging system is buggy, it STOPS responding and leaves you hanging.. most of the time the screen goes BLANK! Eventually after waiting several minutes it starts working again. But can freeze again at any point.

I also feel both 'Private Messages' and 'Sign Out' should have been accessed in the toolbar directly like before. In addition, the colour scheme isnt very great and too light. I like the idea of having a blue/orange theme but its very excessive and lacks clarity. Its way too vivid and plain if that makes sense.

I can agree with Messages and Sign Out having an easy access option in the navigation bar's dropdown menu, so I'm sure we'll discuss this. I'm not sure what your issue with the messaging system is though, it's just a reskinned version of our old inbox system. How often do you hit encounter these issues, and does it occur across multiple devices?

And our theme is designed to be simplistic, using our signature orange and blue colouring as a house style throughout the site. Could you explain the lack of clarity, as others might relate to your opinion on this.
(Feb. 14, 2017  5:16 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: We'll look into this again. However, please note that users do receive email notifications when they receive PMs, so PMs do serve a very similar purpose. I stand corrected, apparently I've been spoiled by the email notifications too much, haha.

Our Read Receipt feature isn't currently working, but it's on our list of things to do.

Could you PM me with the name of the user? I can look into this, but I don't believe it's an issue with the system itself. It's likely that PMs are disabled for that user for some reason.

I can agree with Messages and Sign Out having an easy access option in the navigation bar's dropdown menu, so I'm sure we'll discuss this. I'm not sure what your issue with the messaging system is though, it's just a reskinned version of our old inbox system. How often do you hit encounter these issues, and does it occur across multiple devices?

And our theme is designed to be simplistic, using our signature orange and blue colouring as a house style throughout the site. Could you explain the lack of clarity, as others might relate to your opinion on this.

I'm using Google Chrome - while messaging someone, as im typing it will eventually just freeze and sometimes go blank, after a good 5-10 mins it comes back, and im able to type again (but it does happen a second time on other occasions). It usually goes blank when ive changed the page, or switched tabs. Im using the latest Chrome, and this happens to me both at work and at home. Also the typing system is SLOW at times. Ive not really tested the mobile edition. But just to let you know, Ive never had this issue with the previous version.

In terms of the theme, while i understand the blue/orange theme is part of the branding. I still find it too bright and light- some areas are okay but other areas arent. Its quite difficult to explain, but i'll give it a shot. Of course there are some things that are great like the new messaging platform which now visibly formats the text instead of the [b][i] html codes. Regarding the brightness, maybe the background can be darkened slightly to about 40-50% grey so it makes the white padding stand out more and lifted off the page to give a sense of structure. The reason why Im not into the blue/orange much is maybe because its used everywhere! if you go to the homepage, you will see all the text are blue, the headings the links, it becomes too similar. It doesnt feel like its complete, seems like links have been slapped on the page but really theres no content. I feel there couldve been a bit more to it, maybe like a large image with some current affairs (bit like this perhaps- www.arsenal.com). Another interesting feature couldve been a gallery where people upload their own cool pics for others to like/comment- bit like facebook and flickr). Feel there could possibly be a user panel with quick stats or links saved, etc. Im straying away from the main issues but i do have loads of ideas.
I just remembered that your typing issue or something similar happened to me as well during the Scavenger Hunt, when I was replying to full lists of answers and had to write below each answer whether it was correct or wrong. The page would just freeze and I think I barely got the chance to copy the message each time to try to save what I had started typing. I use Firefox. Overall, the private messaging system has always been extra slow whenever there were more than ten lines though hah.

About the colour scheme, all the links were orange before, the one other colour in our scheme. Was that somehow better hah? Because you never complained when it was more orange and that the blue was less prominent in comparison.
http://web.archive.org/web/2015051707262...nniversary

In my opinion, the original grey-on-white backgroud was much more comfortable for the eyes. I also miss the boxes around our profiles/faces and all the fancy shadows next to the border of the page.
I've always had the "slow type" thing when editing my blog (signiature for link) and it's bad enough I just do whatever typing I need on my local machine and copy it across. Internet explorer. Of course... Not so much an issue recently, as my edit feature is still broken.
There is a big problem too! We can't view which threads we subsribed for....
message system SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREEZES EVERY TIME!
(Feb. 15, 2017  9:26 PM)Beylon Wrote: I've always had the "slow type" thing when editing my blog (signiature for link) and it's bad enough I just do whatever typing I need on my local machine and copy it across. Internet explorer. Of course... Not so much an issue recently, as my edit feature is still broken.

Still working on it, sorry!

(Feb. 18, 2017  9:22 AM)Mandy© Wrote: There is a big problem too! We can't view which threads we subsribed for....

Could you provide an example of what happens when you try to visit one? I can't seem to replicate the issue, haha.

(Feb. 18, 2017  2:23 PM)2KOOL4SKOOL Wrote: message system SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREEZES EVERY TIME!

What device are you using the messaging system on? And have you tested your experience on multiple devices?
I am certain now that there is some glitch in the messaging system. I sent a message to one user and it ended up being received by another user. Also unless I'm extremely despised, half the people I pm don't ever bother responding or respond once then never again.
(Feb. 18, 2017  7:19 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Still working on it, sorry!

Could you provide an example of what happens when you try to visit one? I can't seem to replicate the issue, haha.

What device are you using the messaging system on? And have you tested your experience on multiple devices?

Google Chrome!!?!
It is so weird that you would be experiencing so many issues with the messaging system... On my end, I seem to continuously receive a lot of messages and nobody complains that they have not received something I sent or that I never got back to them (I do have ten unread private messages, do not worry hah).
There is not even a page for us to view a list of the subscribed threads...we need this to get fixed.
(Feb. 19, 2017  7:32 AM)Mandy© Wrote: There is not even a page for us to view a list of the subscribed threads...we need this to get fixed.

The page simply isn't finished yet, to be completely honest. However, if you don't mind the minor layout issues on the page, this should be what you're looking for.

I've updated the opening post with the bugs and suggestions so far. Please note that, while we'd love to resolve every issue at once, some have a higher priority than others. We'll get to everything at some point, but please bear with us!
Thank you for looking into all this.

I also support a second pagination bar - and some kind of proper pagination for mobile, I guess.
Our top priority at the moment is finishing up the implementation of some new features for the BeyPoint System (which includes the ability for Organizers to pre-process their results and then submit them to us for approval. Currently, you need Admin CP access to process results, so only staff can do it, which slows things down), our location services (so we can send notifications to people about tournaments near them), and adding Battle History to users profiles, and all of that is very close to being completed. After that, we will begin working with our developer on several of these smaller issues and have already compiled a list of these to tackle.

Thanks everyone for your feedback!
I've found a new bug.
If you write an extremely long word it goes out of border.

Example:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa