New worldbeyblade.org — bug and issue reporting

Well, I'm not convinced any words actually exist that should go outside of the border, so that shouldn't really be an issue unless someone is spamming...which again, they shouldn't be :P

But we'll look into it!

EDIT: And fixed! ;)
By popular request, "Log Out" and "Messages" options now appear in the User Dropdown menu. The "Messages" option will also tell you now many unread PMs you have, similar to the option in the alerts menu.

We're progressively working on other bugs and features, so please stay tuned and thanks for your patience as well!

EDIT: Merging of double posts within the same hour has now been re-enabled.
New bug: When I comment in a sticked thread of the Italian WBO it automatically unstick. (can it be considered a bug?)
I'll log it and look into it! Thanks!
That has sort of always been an issue with moderators and administrators alike. I think it is just a general MyBB bug.
(Mar. 13, 2017  5:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: That has sort of always been an issue with moderators and administrators alike. I think it is just a general MyBB bug.

Mh, quite strange, this is the first time that this happens to me Gasp
It happened with your fellow forum moderator (of another forum) DranzerX13 on multiple occasions hah.
(Mar. 13, 2017  2:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It happened with your fellow forum moderator (of another forum) DranzerX13 on multiple occasions hah.

Damn, I hope this will be fixed in future versions of mybb, it is quite frustrating haha
Interesting to note actually. That would suggest it's an issue with the "Moderator" role, so that gives me something to go on, haha.
Another thing that I recently noticed is that when I quote a post where there is another quote...that internal quote doesn't appear. I don't know if this happened to someone else.
(Mar. 13, 2017  3:04 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Interesting to note actually. That would suggest it's an issue with the "Moderator" role, so that gives me something to go on, haha.

I think it happened sometimes with administrators too, actually.
Something that I miss is to contact users by email. This will be reintegrated?
(Mar. 13, 2017  7:42 PM)C a o S³ Wrote: Something that I miss is to contact users by email. This will be reintegrated?

Yes, we are looking into reintegrating that feature.
Beep beep, updates incoming! Here's a general overview of our recent additions!

Additions
  • User Emails are now enabled! The feature has been redesigned for the new site layout and can be found on a user's profile, under the "Contact" button. The Private Message function has also been relocated to that button.
  • A Pagination Bar was added to the top of threads! Now you no longer have to scroll to the bottom just to change the page! (Yes, it was driving us crazy too!)
  • The User Dropdown menu is now available! Believe it or not, we actually thought you already had this feature at launch. It took us four months to realise that it hadn't actually been enabled for general users, whoops! If you still can't see the dropdown menu, please let me know!
  • A Log Out button has been added to the User Dropdown menu! Yeah, this isn't Sword Art Online, you should be able to log out easily, so hopefully this helps out!
  • An option to reduce the posts per thread page has been added to the User Control Panel. I've been trialing this with some users who reported slow performance on some older phone models, and it seems to be helping pages load better. If you're having performance issues at all, be sure to check out the option in your settings!
Adjustments
  • The option to take the Organizer's Quiz on the Become an Organizer page will no longer appear if you do not meet the requirements to take it. We know some of you are eager to take the test (we have so many tests to look through at the moment!), but we needed to place some form of filter on it. We hope you understand!
  • The number of videos allowed in a single post has been increased to 3. The old limit of 1 was a little stingy on our behalf, so we felt it was best to increase this. BeyTubers rejoice!
  • The Messages button in the Notification Feed now actually says "Messages" on it. Apparently a green button with a small envelope on it wasn't very noticeable...(though ironically I had a lot of messages from people, asking where the messages feature was...)
  • The Community Rules now appear in every Forum! Hooray for rules!
  • Double posts within the same hour are now automatically merged. Why should you have to worry about double posting anyway?
  • Need to Contact Us? There's now a button for that on the navigation bar!
Bug Fixes
  • Tournament Flags have now had a full check over and are all working properly! Sorry India, we do love your flag, promise!
  • The News module on the index page has been fixed and now appears again. Enjoy your quick overview of the news!
  • After getting lost somewhere in the code, the Retired tag now appears properly next to a user's BeyPoints where appropriate.

If anything you were looking forward to isn't here, don't fret! We're still actively adding functionality back to the site and fixing any issues that have been reported, just some things are easier or have a higher priority than others. To provide a small teaser, Read Receipts are almost finished and ready to be pushed live again. And tournament processing? We might have an announcement on that soon, and you might be able to get involved with that yourselves...

Thanks for your patience and support guys! We'll keep you updated as and when we can <3
As if you didn't have time to process yesterday's update, we've got more!

Additions
  • The Bits Collection is now available once again! After months without them, you can finally view your glorious Bits in high definition, all on one page! The option to view these can be found on everyone's User Profiles, and in your User Dropdown Menu.
  • The Subscription List is back! While you do now receive notifications about your subscribed threads, some of you wanted to be able to see all your subscribed threads in one listing. You can find this option on your Account page!
  • Have no fear, the Member List is here! You can find this newly responsive list under the More dropdown on the navigation bar.
  • Read Receipts are now readable! Not sure if your message has been read? Check this on the Messages page!
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug in which Bits were still being referred to as "Faces" on certain parts of the site.
New Bugs
  • Bits cannot currently be rearranged on your personal Bit Collections. We're looking into this, but currently do not have an ETA.
Thanks guys <3
(Mar. 23, 2017  3:12 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: As if you didn't have time to process yesterday's update, we've got more!

Additions
  • The Bits Collection is now available once again! After months without them, you can finally view your glorious Bits in high definition, all on one page! The option to view these can be found on everyone's User Profiles, and in your User Dropdown Menu.
  • The Subscription List is back! While you do now receive notifications about your subscribed threads, some of you wanted to be able to see all your subscribed threads in one listing. You can find this option on your Account page!
  • Have no fear, the Member List is here! You can find this newly responsive list under the More dropdown on the navigation bar.
  • Read Receipts are now readable! Not sure if your message has been read? Check this on the Messages page!
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug in which Bits were still being referred to as "Faces" on certain parts of the site.
New Bugs
  • Bits cannot currently be rearranged on your personal Bit Collections. We're looking into this, but currently do not have an ETA.
Thanks guys <3

Is there a way to trade Bits?
The same old private message exchanges hah.
I still can't see the member list on my More Dropbox and also the Read Receipt feature isn't available for me.
I assume you're on mobile. The Read Receipt button doesn't appear on mobile (for the sake of saving space, but I might reconsider that).

The Member List option was something I forgot to add to the mobile navigation, haha. I'll fix that shortly.
Good to know! The Member List option should now appear in the navigation menu.

Looking into the Read Receipt option; I'm not satisfied with how it appears on mobile, as the button crushes everything else in the bar. I'll look into it a bit more but, for now, the Read Receipt button is exclusive to desktop and larger tablets.
Thanks Mana. Member List is available now and I can see read receipt on Desktop Site Request as well.
https://worldbeyblade.org/usermap.php

It's self-explanatory beyhaha. Why it's still there?
I'm still having issues with the messaging system - it just freezes out half way through writing a message. Usually happens once I've used the initial allocated space within the message box (usually the box will keep getting bigger until you finish) but it is at this point where it will freeze. Also sometimes the typing is a little laggy and behind. So when im trying to write a paragraph, its usually a second delay till the characters appear on screen. Can be quite challenging. Please fix
(Apr. 09, 2017  10:08 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: https://worldbeyblade.org/usermap.php

It's self-explanatory beyhaha. Why it's still there?

[Image: 28682424.jpg]

(Apr. 10, 2017  10:33 AM)SwitchBladr Wrote: I'm still having issues with the messaging system - it just freezes out half way through writing a message. Usually happens once I've used the initial allocated space within the message box (usually the box will keep getting bigger until you finish) but it is at this point where it will freeze. Also sometimes the typing is a little laggy and behind. So when im trying to write a paragraph, its usually a second delay till the characters appear on screen. Can be quite challenging. Please fix

That suggests a client-side issue as opposed to a server-side issue. What device are you doing this on?

And can anyone else vouch for this happening to them as well?