MFB: Limited :: Primer, Random Thoughts, and Q&A Thread!

Are/Is Ldrago Destroy/Guardian legal for LTD?
(Apr. 04, 2017  8:04 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: Are/Is Ldrago Destroy/Guardian legal for LTD?

I guess no.
(Apr. 04, 2017  8:04 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: Are/Is Ldrago Destroy/Guardian legal for LTD?

Only the Hasbro versions
(Apr. 04, 2017  11:14 AM)mj9 Wrote: Only the Hasbro versions

Adding to it non hyperblades.
I reckon l drago destroy should be legal cos despite its size in general the beys ar is not great and pretty fragile. F : S is mainly the problem imo. But still just my opinion.
(Apr. 04, 2017  5:11 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: I reckon l drago destroy should be legal cos despite its size in general the beys ar is not great and pretty fragile. F : S is mainly the problem imo. But still just my opinion.

it's still heavier then what LTD can handle, it's MW can hit hard enough to push most of beys out and it's weight with weak launch can be nightmare with BD lol. FS is decent for stalling but to make TS actuall work properly you need low height. Scythe can still do well with it but it's hard to KO with and Meteo 85WD give it hard time winning lol.
(Apr. 04, 2017  7:21 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: it's still heavier then what LTD can handle, it's MW can hit hard enough to push most of beys out and it's weight with weak launch can be nightmare with BD lol. FS is decent for stalling but to make TS actuall work properly you need low height. Scythe can still do well with it but it's hard to KO with and Meteo 85WD give it hard time winning lol.

I agree. It's too heavy for the limited format. And also only few hasbro 4Ds are allowed if I am not wrong. Like the scythe
(Apr. 15, 2017  11:06 AM)Forbidden 1 Wrote: I agree. It's too heavy for the limited format. And also only few hasbro 4Ds are allowed if I am not wrong. Like the scythe

all of the hasbro metal fury beys are allowed in limited
(Apr. 15, 2017  3:20 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: all of the hasbro metal fury beys are allowed in limited

Oh that's good. Thanks for update
(Apr. 15, 2017  6:36 PM)Forbidden 1 Wrote: Oh that's good. Thanks for update

One those are hollow btw
My favourite Limited Format combos :-

Attack -MF Gravity Perseus 85RF
              Gladiator Bahamdia / Bahamoote  105R2F
              MF Lightning LDrago 105RF

Defense - MFH Virgo GB145CS
                  MF Earth Befall / Beafowl SW145CS

Stamina - Phantom(Hasbro) Libra AD145WD
                  Scythe Sagittario(2) B:D
                  Thermal Leone(1) 230WD

Balance -  Flame Pisces 100SF
                  Bakushin Capricorn 90MF
                  Meteo LDrago R145RSF
(Apr. 21, 2017  5:01 PM)Blader ZX Wrote: My favourite Limited Format combos :-
               MF Lightning LDrago 100RF

Defense - MFH Libra GB145CS
                   MF Earth Befall / Beafowl SW145MB
                   Virgo 230MB

Burn Sagittario(2) GB145WD
                    Thermal Leone(1) 230WD

Balance - Flame Pisces 100SF
                   Bakushin Aquario 85CS
                   Meteo LDrago R145RDF

Pretty good combos but they have some problem.
Gladiator Bahamoote is not very good.
Libra is banned
Tbh 145MB is not very good choice. use 230MB or SW145EWD instead
GB145 is not very good for stamina
Thermal not very good
Flame, it's debatebly but destablizer like that are usually outclassed due to Left Spin and 230 combos. As well as things like Bakushin will KO it
Yes Baku 85CS is great. But I would say switch to Leone, Cancer or Leone 2 instead.
Meteo combo is great but RDF is banned

@[Blader ZX]
(Apr. 25, 2017  7:56 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2017  5:01 PM)Blader ZX Wrote: My favourite Limited Format combos :-
               MF Lightning LDrago 100RF

Defense - MFH Libra GB145CS
                   MF Earth Befall / Beafowl SW145MB
                   Virgo 230MB

Burn Sagittario(2) GB145WD
                    Thermal Leone(1) 230WD

Balance - Flame Pisces 100SF
                   Bakushin Aquario 85CS
                   Meteo LDrago R145RDF

Pretty good combos but they have some problem.
Gladiator Bahamoote is not very good.
Libra is banned
Tbh 145MB is not very good choice. use 230MB or SW145EWD instead
GB145 is not very good for stamina
Thermal not very good
Flame, it's debatebly but destablizer like that are usually outclassed due to Left Spin and 230 combos. As well as things like Bakushin will KO it
Yes Baku 85CS is great. But I would say switch to Leone, Cancer or Leone 2 instead.
Meteo combo is great but RDF is banned

@[Blader ZX]
Okay, I'll change them. Thank you Smile.
I know this sounds extremely stupid, but what exactly was the reasoning behind Ronin's ban in the first place?
(Jul. 30, 2017  7:03 AM)MystMotone101 Wrote: I know this sounds extremely stupid, but what exactly was the reasoning behind Ronin's ban in the first place?

It was too versatile it was banned to give more attack wheels a chance to shine
(Jul. 30, 2017  7:03 AM)MystMotone101 Wrote: I know this sounds extremely stupid, but what exactly was the reasoning behind Ronin's ban in the first place?

Here's the official reasoning:

Quote:Since the previous ban list update was announced a year ago where both Libra and Omega were banned, Dark Knight has risen to prominence in the Limited Format metagame. Its use in powerful Attack types with incredibly wide reach in terms of their ability to KO Beyblades of all heights, its ability to outspin some Defense types if it doesn’t KO them, its ability to be paired with any Zero-G/Shogun Steel Chrome/Warrior Wheel, and being left-spin in a predominantly right-spin series have made it into a choice that is undeniably versatile and safe, making other powerful but less versatile and more specialized Attack types less likely to be used. It is for these reasons that we have chosen to ban Dark Knight for this iteration of the Limited Format ban list.

TL;DR: Centralizing, too safe (being left-spinning), crazy upper smash, and no Libra to contend with. Limited was just a better game without it.
Hi can u build me a bey combo of performance tip of cosmic Pegasus spin track of medeo Ldrago face bolt of nemesis clear wheel of jade jupiter and fusion wheel from blitz striker ok love your channel by the way

From harley olson
HUGE necro, but has anyone looked into Nightmare for anti-attack (or heck, looked into Nightmare at all)? I did some informal tests with Nightmare Horogium TR145RF against Earth Cancer W145WD, and that Nightmare custom has a bit of a difficulty KOing Earth. I dunno if it's my RF, height matchups (since I hear TR145 making contact pretty often), my technique (I'm a bit bad at sliding shoot), or Nightmare not having any sort of potential as anti-attack.
(Apr. 29, 2018  8:58 AM)RDF3 Wrote: HUGE necro, but has anyone looked into Nightmare for anti-attack (or heck, looked into Nightmare at all)? I did some informal tests with Nightmare Horogium TR145RF against Earth Cancer W145WD, and that Nightmare custom has a bit of a difficulty KOing Earth. I dunno if it's my RF, height matchups (since I hear TR145 making contact pretty often), my technique (I'm a bit bad at sliding shoot), or Nightmare not having any sort of potential as anti-attack.

From my brief tests, nightmare just falls flat in comparison to the other choices for the anti-attack role (well... any role really). It's just overall kinda meh.
(Apr. 29, 2018  7:42 PM)juncction Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2018  8:58 AM)RDF3 Wrote: HUGE necro, but has anyone looked into Nightmare for anti-attack (or heck, looked into Nightmare at all)? I did some informal tests with Nightmare Horogium TR145RF against Earth Cancer W145WD, and that Nightmare custom has a bit of a difficulty KOing Earth. I dunno if it's my RF, height matchups (since I hear TR145 making contact pretty often), my technique (I'm a bit bad at sliding shoot), or Nightmare not having any sort of potential as anti-attack.

From my brief tests, nightmare just falls flat in comparison to the other choices for the anti-attack role (well... any role really). It's just overall kinda meh.

That might be why MF-H Nightmare Horogium TR145RF struggled to KO Earth Cancer W145WD from my nonformal testing.

BTW has anyone played around with:
-Metal System Capricorne
-Metal System Pisces 
-Cloud
-Crash
-Tornado
for Attack? I tried MF-H Capricorne S130RF in informal testing against MF-H Earth Cygnus GB145CS and it felt a little too weak to be consistent.
(Apr. 29, 2018  8:04 PM)RDF3 Wrote: That might be why MF-H Nightmare Horogium TR145RF struggled to KO Earth Cancer W145WD from my nonformal testing.

BTW has anyone played around with:
-Metal System Capricorne
-Metal System Pisces 
-Cloud
-Crash
-Tornado
for Attack? I tried MF-H Capricorne S130RF in informal testing against MF-H Earth Cygnus GB145CS and it felt a little too weak to be consistent.

MS Capricorne/Cloud/Crash: Poison Tier or worse, severely outclassed by many other options, these are specifically too weak smash-wise or weight-wise to compete
Tornado: Same problem as Nightmare/Galaxy, they have some weight, but again, just are severely outclassed due to better options
MS Pisces: some potential for interesting combos due to defined upper attack, but more testing needed
I couldn't get MS Pisces to be not like Revizer; it's balance is horrible for some reason (mine is the premium returns mold) and as a result it likes hopping/wobbling around.

Tornado is at least viable; you can use it if you have nothing better, but if you do it's probably not worth it unless you are only in it for novelty. FYI Capricorne/Cloud/Crash are all better than Poison which is the worst wheel in MFB; pathetic attack, large recoil, and doesn't even have weight. I have to admit that the purple Poison from Beyblade Deck Attack and Defense Set is pretty cool looking tho.

Aquario (the metal system one) is the only one I found that is halfway decent; in fact, my only combo thread so far involves it:
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-LTD-MF-...do-Staller
I found what thi!nk said about it having only average attack power but nice stamina and controllable recoil is mostly true, but more testing might be needed.
Whoa people are talking about Limited? That's cool

I actually traded an Earth for a Nightmare in the beginning of 2017, and while I haven't tested it too extensively, it seems to be around the same level as Earth for Defense, with less Stamina. I was mainly using Nightmare R145RB/CS and considered using it at AN last year against a Cosmic Attack combo, but it might be workable on a LTDC like MF-H Nightmare Kerbecs/Unicorno II 90RB/CS so it could also get some destabilization in against mid-height opponents using those slopes.

I don't own Cloud or Crash, but I can confirm that MS Capricorne is pretty garbage. It's too round to be any good for attack, super light, and probably like 75% of the weight is distributed in 2 placess on the bottom of the Metal Wheel that don't help it at all. I think the best combo I came up with for it was like Capricorne 85TB and even that could only beat like one thing 50% of the time lol. I have Pisces, but haven't actually used it at all because it looks so nice (I remember Blitz using it to beat some Libra combos a looooong time ago, so it probably needs some more testing, but it's probably not too much better than Thermal).

Tornado is just a boneless Screw imo
(May. 02, 2018  2:42 AM)Wombat Wrote: Whoa people are talking about Limited? That's cool

I actually traded an Earth for a Nightmare in the beginning of 2017, and while I haven't tested it too extensively, it seems to be around the same level as Earth for Defense, with less Stamina. I was mainly using Nightmare R145RB/CS and considered using it at AN last year against a Cosmic Attack combo, but it might be workable on a LTDC like MF-H Nightmare Kerbecs/Unicorno II 90RB/CS so it could also get some destabilization in against mid-height opponents using those slopes.

I don't own Cloud or Crash, but I can confirm that MS Capricorne is pretty garbage. It's too round to be any good for attack, super light, and probably like 75% of the weight is distributed in 2 placess on the bottom of the Metal Wheel that don't help it at all. I think the best combo I came up with for it was like Capricorne 85TB and even that could only beat like one thing 50% of the time lol. I have Pisces, but haven't actually used it at all because it looks so nice (I remember Blitz using it to beat some Libra combos a looooong time ago, so it probably needs some more testing, but it's probably not too much better than Thermal).

Tornado is just a boneless Screw imo

I'm still messing around with Limited as I don't really like the Standard meta (and my only RDF is already worn to the point of near-illegality), can't purchase online as I lack Paypal, have no access to Burst (damn you Indonesia y u no launch Burst for so long?) but plenty of Limited-legal parts (and even then no Hasbro).

Aww too bad for Tornado; I think it has a really cool name and looks really cool.

On a side note, did you try Flame? Preferably on something like 230CS/230D where it's raised perimeter makes it a hard opponent for low tracks.
(May. 02, 2018  4:26 AM)RDF3 Wrote: I'm still messing around with Limited as I don't really like the Standard meta (and my only RDF is already worn to the point of near-illegality), can't purchase online as I lack Paypal, have no access to Burst (damn you Indonesia y u no launch Burst for so long?) but plenty of Limited-legal parts (and even then no Hasbro).

Aww too bad for Tornado; I think it has a really cool name and looks really cool.

On a side note, did you try Flame? Preferably on something like 230CS/230D where it's raised perimeter makes it a hard opponent for low tracks.

Flame has a really good track record in competitive play and has placed quite a few times, particularly on 230CS. It's a good wheel.