MFB: Limited :: Primer, Random Thoughts, and Q&A Thread!

Has MS Sagittario had any testing in Limited? I remember it being considered good in Standard for a while due to its ridiculous Smash, despite the recoil. Heck, I'm pretty sure Meow made a video a while back of MF Sagittario T125 RF KO'ing Basalt BD145 CS.

I'm assuming a good reason I haven't seen tests for it is because no one has it Tongue_out
From my understanding it's kinda difficult to get, worse than Bakushin and a lot of people don't even want to use that.
(Jun. 07, 2016  6:06 AM)DFB3636 Wrote: Has MS Sagittario had any testing in Limited? I remember it being considered good in Standard for a while due to its ridiculous Smash, despite the recoil. Heck, I'm pretty sure Meow made a video a while back of MF Sagittario T125 RF KO'ing Basalt BD145 CS.

I'm assuming a good reason I haven't seen tests for it is because no one has it Tongue_out

I tried MF Sagittario 90LRF a while back but didn't find it very impressive compared to the top tier (Lightning, Dark Knight) and not-quite top tier (Screw, Vulcan, Quetz) wheels for LTAC. Didn't do any formal testing on it but I can later this week if you want. Due to it's raised shape I can't see it performing too well against LTDC but it may be able to land some hits on taller combos.

Also, Meow is arguably the best Attack-type user the WBO user has ever seen, so I wouldn't doubt that at all. However I think that the other 99% of players would be unable to get the same result, especially not in a tournament.
@[D!CE] tried a similar combo with Sagittario at our last tournament, surprisingly aggressive, but too light and recoily to be really useful.
In my (unscientific Hasbro) testing setup, Wolf 90WF seems to be doing okay in LTD for something so "outclassed". Maybe someone with a BB-10 could test it for me? I'm not expecting much functionality and didn't want to bother everyone with a new thread. Thanks! Smile
I believe that @[Wombat] was also having some success with Wolf for Attack, maybe he has some more info about it? I'm fairly sure there are tests around somewhere...
(Sep. 25, 2016  7:28 PM)Cake Wrote: I believe that @[Wombat] was also having some success with Wolf for Attack, maybe he has some more info about it? I'm fairly sure there are tests around somewhere...

Maybe he can help with Wolf's stamina issues.
Or maybe I just need an MF-H.
EDIT: After looking at this post:
(Aug. 21, 2016  8:53 PM)Wombat Wrote: Limited
- Sniper has placed with weirder Attack types before (Divine, Wolf) lol.
turns out it's @[Sniper] who was succeeding.
(Sep. 25, 2016  7:58 PM)CentrellAvenger Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2016  7:28 PM)Cake Wrote: I believe that @[Wombat] was also having some success with Wolf for Attack, maybe he has some more info about it? I'm fairly sure there are tests around somewhere...

You mean Wolf cw or PHWS Wolf?
(Sep. 25, 2016  8:22 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2016  7:58 PM)CentrellAvenger Wrote:

PHWS wolf 90wf is what I was testing.
No time to test ... but just finished preparing my combos for HOLLOW WINGS, the Limited Format event in Toronto this weekend. It will be the first to be played under the V1.5 banlist (Dark Knight banned, Gravity unbanned), so I'm quite excited!

Anyone have any predictions? Eee
I'm won't be surprised to see everyone top with one gravity combo dual spin is deadly in a good bladers hands
(Sep. 25, 2016  9:00 PM)CentrellAvenger Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2016  8:22 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2016  7:58 PM)CentrellAvenger Wrote: Maybe he can help with Wolf's stamina issues.
EDIT: After looking at this post: turns out it's Sniper who was succeeding.

Wow, I didn't get the notification for this tag for some reason and am only seeing it now. The tests I did with Wolf weren't formal, but it was wrecking pretty much anything 145+Tall Tip and below. If I have time I might do some more and post them in Dual's thread since we were actually using the exact same combo (MF-H Wolf 100R2F).

(Oct. 14, 2016  7:18 AM)Kei Wrote: No time to test ... but just finished preparing my combos for HOLLOW WINGS, the Limited Format event in Toronto this weekend. It will be the first to be played under the V1.5 banlist (Dark Knight banned, Gravity unbanned), so I'm quite excited!

Anyone have any predictions? Eee

yes

but forreal (Click to View)

EDIT: Actually the *Ginga* Birthday Bash was the first Limited Event under the v1.5 banlist, but results and Winning Combos haven't been submitted yet...
(Oct. 14, 2016  8:03 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2016  9:00 PM)CentrellAvenger Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2016  8:22 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: You mean Wolf cw or PHWS Wolf?

Wow, I didn't get the notification for this tag for some reason and am only seeing it now. The tests I did with Wolf weren't formal, but it was wrecking pretty much anything 145+Tall Tip and below. If I have time I might do some more and post them in Dual's thread since we were actually using the exact same combo (MF-H Wolf 100R2F).
excellent... Chief - Idea!
How does Ray and Gryph are for this format?
Ray does good against Earth LTDC and MTDC but it may not able KO High Track Combo. Also other attacker such as Screw, Vulcan and Lightning can KO Ray too.

As for Gryph. It was Top-Tier when Ronin was there but as its banned. Gryph has minimum use now.

Best combo you can make with it is Gryph Bandid LW/DF105RF.

BTW. Did anyone else tried Behemoth Bandid before? I found MSF-H Behemoth Bandid DF105RF to be pretty good and able to KO Bakushin/Earth LTD2 and 230CS easily
(Nov. 18, 2016  7:30 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Ray does good against Earth LTDC and MTDC but it may not able KO High Track Combo. Also other attacker such as Screw, Vulcan and Lightning can KO Ray too.

As for Gryph. It was Top-Tier when Ronin was there but as its banned. Gryph has minimum use now.

Best combo you can make with it is Gryph Bandid LW/DF105RF.

BTW. Did anyone else tried Behemoth Bandid before? I found MSF-H Behemoth Bandid DF105RF to be pretty good and able to KO Bakushin/Earth LTD2 and 230CS easily
Thanks for the reply. I will try Begarados in the coming tournamentSmile Also I will try ray and VulcanSmile
Cool good luck. 1 thing I forgot to mention is, use that behemoth combo only if you have Metal Face or else it will have too high recoil for it to handle
This was very helpful, thank you for this post.
(Nov. 19, 2016  10:32 AM)Ninja Blader Wrote: How is Meteo L Dragon D125WD?

Top-Tier Zombie lol

I like using Gravity D125WD over this as it has more precession (can OS stuff like Earth) then Meteo also it is heavier so better at taking hits. It has some attack power too so it can KO stamina types too.

I assume you are gonna to use it at tournament. As far as I know, many Delhi blader may use Attacker like Gravity and Lightning so its extremely risky to use Meteo there.

Disaster placed 1st at last tournament in Mumbai using only 1 combo. Gravity BD. Even though there were many attacker (7-8 IIRC) It still won against most of them (Disaster used opposite spin of whichever direction opposing was spinning + weak launched + banked so BD will scrap stadium). D125WD is quite a bit differ but still does well
How long has the limited format been around. I haven't been on the wbo for a while but it seems like the limiting format is similar to how they have limited and forbidden cards in yugioh. Very similar style actually. One would wonder if the idea was inspired by yugioh tournament rules.
(Feb. 03, 2017  2:29 AM)Yblader1 Wrote: How long has the limited format been around. I haven't been on the wbo for a while but it seems like the limiting format is similar to how they have limited and forbidden cards in yugioh. Very similar style actually. One would wonder if the idea was inspired by yugioh tournament rules.

The reason this format was made was due to the ridiculous power creep that occurred during the maximu series/4d era and to give the old parts that we're collecting dust a chance to shine again
(Feb. 03, 2017  2:57 PM)Valt Aoi Wrote: Circle flat?

Circle is legal if that's what your asking the ban list is in the op
I think the "What stadium do I use?" section need to be updated as "Burst BeyStadium Standard Type" has been newly unbanned, as said by Kei: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Experim...5-and-more.