MFB: Limited :: Primer, Random Thoughts, and Q&A Thread!

No testing on it yet, aside from one or two tests from before the format launched that haven't been posted where it looked to be impressive for stamina and defense. Doubt anything that shape and size is going to be useless even being so hollow.
Seeing as I no longer have any good RF's til I wear a new one in and therefore can't test much, I weighed all of my Limited-Legal Metal Wheels (and MW-analogs) on my scale (finally found that calibration weight, so this is all fully calibrated and to .01g), and figured I may as well stick the spreadsheet on google docs and post the link in the relevant threads.
Source and/or mold is listed where known (for the metal system ones that are from either the starters or boosters I just listed the paint, can't be bothered working out specifics), I don't have any fakes, etc etc. If a part is noticeably worn, I mentioned that in the notes too.

I may update this when I get around to weighing other parts, though odds are I won't do much in the way of rubber tips (due to wear) or faces (due to the fact they're all within like +/- .02g of each other) even if I do.

I know most or all of this stuff is on beywiki, I mainly did it to keep track of my parts and their weights, there are also some molds we haven't got any real mentions of at least on beywiki, such as the one storm mold and my various rays, which I can take pictures of if needed. Obviously any and all of this data can be used for WBO-related work etc etc on the off chance it is at all useful.

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...sp=sharing

Some interesting (to me at least) things I noticed:

The 0 Cylinder Rock mold I have is no lighter than my 6 cylinder ones (0 Cyl TT: 32.55, 6 Cyl TT: 32.59, 32.42, 6 Cyl Hasbro: 32.29), and I've worked out why - the overhang is slightly larger, making the MW taller. This conflicts with what is on beywiki, and I'll probably take photos to show it when I've charged my camera's battery up, and correct the article in the next couple of days.

My RB7 Vulcans are significantly heavier (by just over 1g) than my BBP-01 one, I vaguely recall knowing this beforehand so it might not be new info (though it's not mentioned on the beywiki article), not really sure where the extra weight is coming from but that's mostly because vulcan's shape makes comparison via naked eye difficult

Sol, or at least the mold I have of it, is actually the second heaviest Pre-Maximum Series Hybrid System Metal Wheel, behind only Gravity. Shame about the shape, though I might do some defense testing just in case, seeing as mine already has a scratch or two. Tornado is also really heavy, though it narrowly misses out on the 33g mark beyond which Vulcan, Sol, Gravity and Screw (and my heaviest Flame) sit.
EDIT: I'll have to do some formal defense testing for Sol once I wear in an RF. It's not as good as Earth, but it's nonetheless quite solid, a lot like Nightmare but better against things hitting from different heights (Nightmare is not so great at being hit from below). Could be worth looking into for anti-attack, seeing as it's heavier than any of the other defense wheels I have that can KO MF-H Gravity Perseus (STA) B: D (weak launched).
EDIT 2: Eh, seems okay but still doesn't seem like it has enough defense to be a great anti attack wheel, while Libra, the most suitable wheel for it, can't do anything to spin stealers. Bah.

Screw is heavier than any pre-maximum series hybrid system metal wheel and with the heaviest CW I own, a 3.5g Kerbecs, comes out behind only Libra of all my Limited-legal Metal Wheels and Chrome Wheels (with Samurai). Of course, Kerbecs is a horrible CW for screw, and Screw Pisces with my heaviest Pisces is a little lighter than Virgo though still heavier than any Gravity Perseus (Stamina) I can make with my parts.

My Hasbro Burn is about half a gram lighter than any of my TT burns, rather than being heavier - curious as to whether the idea that hasbro's was heavier was based on actual weights or people assuming the engraving had been filled in and thus the wheel was heavier.

My Leone is lighter than my Virgo, and significantly lighter than the 38g listed on BeyWiki, much more than any feasible margin of error, too.

Also, I played around with Poison today, and honestly unless Torch or Hyper are somehow even less useful, Poison is the worst wheel in MFB by a solid margin, I can't even make it KO Earth Bull AD145WD reliably, though admittedly my non-mint RF's are all well past prime now. The only wheels with worse Attack all have much better Stamina and Defense, and the only things with worse Stamina or Defense have much better Attack.

Edit To Avoid Triple Post: Updated my Spreadsheet with Clear Wheel weights (as well as Samurai).

Some things I noticed and felt mentioning:
All of the Perseus CW's are extremely light, the attack versions only being beaten to being the lightest CW's I own by a very light gemios.
Kerbecs is, as is generally well known, the heaviest CW by a significant .2g margin. Unicorno II comes in next for me, just ahead of Bull, though if Bull has sizeable stickers that I didn't apply maybe that could tip the scales in its direction (literally). IIRC Ingulit found his multiple Hasbro Kerbecs to be no heavier than Bull, so they may have altered it, as the verdict from my weights is pretty clear.
MLD (Absorb) is heavier than Samurai, which is supposedly one of the heavier chrome wheels.
There are fairly large weight differences (~.1g in some cases) between some of my identical-origin Clear Wheels, for some reason. Considering they were weighed consecutively, this isn't due to my scale freaking out or anything either.
Some of the smaller CW's such as Orion and Horuseus are actually around the 3g mark, which is decently heavy.
Leone II is lighter than its predecessor.
My opaque Pisces is significantly (.3g) heavier than my transparent one, despite both being Hasbro. Some of the details look a bit fatter, which I guess may be the source.

EDIT 3: Updated again with Tracks and Tips. I could've sworn my two GB145's were around the same weight but they're actually .2g different. Also wear seems to have almost no effect on the weight of rubber tips (though I haven't measured any before and after significant wear), in some cases my worn tips are heavier than my mint ones :\
Oh also, X: D is hella heavy, R145MB (my heaviest track and tip combo) comes to 6.23g, whereas X: D weighs in over a gram more at 7.26g. Shame about the self-KO issues and all that.

EDIT 4: Updated with my new ZG parts weights. Chrome Wheels are in with the MWs and Crystal Wheels in with the Clear Wheels but I might split them off if I feel that works better, not sure yet. Also A230GCF is slightly heavier than X: D, though A230 is awful so it doesn't really matter.
Just realised I forgot to weigh divine chimera's parts so I'll do that in a little.
Are these banned:

Scythe, L-Drago Destroy and Variares
(Dec. 16, 2013  12:15 AM)OrionBlade Wrote: Are these banned:

Scythe, L-Drago Destroy and Variares

There is a banlist thread stickied in this forum.

Find it. Click it. Read it.

The more I play with my 3 minute Virgo, the more I'm sure the difference must be due to a fault in the three minute ones than some sort of improvement on an already good formula in the 5 minute ones. Mine is struggling to outspin Thermal and even Flame, which both have generally inferior weight distributions and are lighter (Virgo being the third heaviest wheel in Limited (or second if you only count legitimately useful Clear Wheels towards Screw's weight). Just looking at Virgo and its ridiculous distribution and shape (even with that gap having recoil), it should be able to reliably outspin Earth, but nope. Bah.
(Dec. 19, 2013  4:00 AM)Uwik Wrote: Dear World Bladers,

We are here to bring you a whopping twist to the new Limited format in terms of BeyPoints. Yes, WBO will begin processing the BeyPoints for the Limited format. It will be converged under our current BeyPoint system and Ranking.

We have seen, experienced, and read your reports and responses on the Limited format, and we can safely conclude that tournaments under this format have not been 'random' nor 'destabilized' to any significant degree both in terms of the people who are winning and the parts that are being used, which were our main initial concerns. It is only fair that we proceed onto the next step, which is the BeyPoint processing.

The BeyPoint processing under the Limited format will start in January 2014 onward.

So make your parts selection wisely, develop new combinations, or even recycle old ones. We look forward to a whole new metagame.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-5th-...pid1181528

Just want to make sure people see this.
I have been testing the hasbro metal fury duo wheel with 230MB and its way to OP, since it works the same way as the TT ver works, which destabilizes the opponent, I think it should be banned because every stamina type I tested it against (MF-F Virgo 90EWD, MF-F Libra 100WD, MF-F Earth Aquario 100WD, MF-F Burn Aquario 90WD... ect) every time the hasbro duo wheel won against them by quite a bit of spin time. So maybe it should only be banned with 230MB, or something like that, if necessary I will do an official testing.
(Dec. 21, 2013  6:51 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: I have been testing the hasbro metal fury duo wheel with 230MB and its way to OP, since it works the same way as the TT ver works, which destabilizes the opponent, I think it should be banned because every stamina type I tested it against (MF-F Virgo 90EWD, MF-F Libra 100WD, MF-F Earth Aquario 100WD, MF-F Burn Aquario 90WD... ect) every time the hasbro duo wheel won against them by quite a bit of spin time. So maybe it should only be banned with 230MB, or something like that, if necessary I will do an official testing.
please test, I really really don't see it being banned in the future.
(Dec. 21, 2013  6:51 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: I have been testing the hasbro metal fury duo wheel with 230MB and its way to OP, since it works the same way as the TT ver works, which destabilizes the opponent, I think it should be banned because every stamina type I tested it against (MF-F Virgo 90EWD, MF-F Libra 100WD, MF-F Earth Aquario 100WD, MF-F Burn Aquario 90WD... ect) every time the hasbro duo wheel won against them by quite a bit of spin time. So maybe it should only be banned with 230MB, or something like that, if necessary I will do an official testing.
Of course it would win, 230 is made to counter low tracks.

You've done tests with stamina's on low tracks. Do you think you could try: Scythe Cygnus/Aquario 230D ?

If every good Beyblade was to get banned... Then what's the point of havin' limited? I mean, there's always counters so there's no need to ban it, IMO.

Check in the Duo Discussion topic, you will see that after various testing from other members that it is very unlikely to get banned. So far, Scythe has shown that it is superior to Duo, but still, I do not believe that any Stamina Wheel that is currently legal in Limited will be banned due to how prone they are to being KO'd by pretty much any decent attack type.
I did some solo spin testing. will test them competitively later on but I figured I'd give my results here seeing I'm not sure it deserves it's own thread. TBD made a metal fury stamina threa d if he wanted to change that up and use some of these older wheels I think that would be the way to go but for now here's what I did.
I tested 4 beys with the same set up. Gravity Perseus Stamina (Hasbro), Burn (hasbro) Aquario, Earth Bull, and Rock Cygnus. All were set on W145WD. the WDs were brand new out of the BBG-25 set so there should be no wear to take in account for. any other questions on set up shoot away. Here's my results

Burn Aquario
03:01:00
03:29:00
03:15:00
03:21:00
03:37:00
AVG: 03:20:36

Gravity Stam
03:14:00
03:08:00
02:50:00
03:11:00
02:56:00
AVG: 03:03:48

Earth Cancer
02:52:00
03:14:00
02:59:00
03:03:00
03:00:00
AVG: 03:01:36

Rock Cygnus
03:46:00
04:06:00
03:41:00
04:02:00
04:17:00
AVG: 03:58:24

Solo spin didn't use to matter much but with the recent trend of tornado stallers increasing if you can get a bey to sit in the middle of the stadium has become effective again?or for the first time ever? even attack beys have been thrown on tornado stalling set ups creating either a demand on a perfect slide shoot or it'll go into a stall and come down to the middle of the stadium after the power is all used up.
That's a pretty impressive time from Gravity there IMO, and Earth's is also very respectable (I honestly find, personally, that Earth and Burn are not far apart stamina wise, not enough to take the risk with Burn's recoil anyway).

Got my Divine Chimera, Divine looks really cool, it has a massive overhang, but it's also under 30g, which is a shame. TR145 is nice but I really prefer R145 (which is like 2g heavier), and FB is interesting, but I don't have many parts to try it out with (I mean there's MF MLD CH120FB to try out but I'm not really sure if that is going to be that useful in a BD145-less format) and while it has a few different usable patterns including a low-movement one if straight shot into the centre of the stadium, it tornado stalls as soon as it's hit, which really takes away a lot of the usefulness that combination of movement patterns could offer. Chimera is weird, some parts look very fragile, but it could be a decent choice on Beat, perhaps, it cuts away at the right point to not really get in the way, judging by my TT Beat anyway. Cool beyblade though, and I'm glad to have TR145 and FB to try things out for this format.

I also played around with Inferno Bull, and honestly I think it is actually better than the original at least as a low track attack wheel, Inferno and Bull together are only 0.1g lighter than my Sagittario and it seems like it's able to use its slopes more effectively for upward smash, I guess maybe something on the original gets in the way before that, it is more angular, after all, or perhaps the thicker slopes create more rotational recoil???
Inferno may also have a marginally better weight distribution as it is very edge-focussed and a lot of the thicker parts more towards the centre of sagittario were removed to fit a clear wheel, but idk, hard to tell. I kinda want to do some testing to check, but my good RF is now basically in its prime and I'd like to save it for something more important, and all my others are slow or don't stay aggressive for very long, and while both wheels are certainly viable, it'll be hard to tell them apart if they're both struggling to KO (which is what happens on my other RFs).
EDIT: On further informal testing, Inferno Bull seems noticeably better than Sagittario, it definitely seems to maintain aggression after the initial hit much better, which is good as against defense (with an advantageous height matchup) they often need to doubletap to KO, and inferno is much more able to do that than Sagittario. So hey, I guess the legends series wasn't all bad.

EDIT: Oh wow, I forgot how good 230CS is as a balance setup, MF-H Libra 230CS does horrible things to 145-height stamina (and LTSC too), though it sucks against 230 stamina and Gb145CS stands a chance against it, and it's defense is pathetic (as in MF-H Earth Cancer GB145RF knocks it out, so RB being introduced should really mess it up). It is making me rethink calling for a banlist update so soon, though (aside from RB's legalisation, of course).

EDIT 2: Made an edit to my mass attack tests, just adding a note that H145 was probably a poor track choice for vulcan, as H145 seems to make contact with Earth GB145 quite often instead of Vulcan itself, due to Vulcan's fairly compact shape. GB145 seems better however my second GB145 is basically broken at this point (one of the screw points snapped off from the centre of the track and one of the tabs that hold the top and bottom together is about to break off), so I can't actually re-test that. It's also annoying as I wanted to test Beat GB145 when I get my Beat, but I guess I can use R145 for that as it actually seems to work pretty decently as a defense track despite its shape.
Gonna reply to Leone19's post in Coach's MSF-H Theif Phoenic R145/H145R2F thread here to avoid derailing it:

(Dec. 31, 2013  3:58 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Wouldn't Kraken be a better choice, than Reviser?

From personal experience, it's not too bad. Tongue_out

Bandit is definitely not the best Crystal Wheel. I like Guardian on Reviser just because it matches up nicely (even though it still has horrible stamina), but on Kraken I'd think maybe Samurai. Tongue_out

Then again, I may be wrong, haha. Just my thoughts.

I had mild success with Killerken as an Attack wheel today so I really doubt it. Probably doesn't help that my killerken is only just over 30g, but yeah, from what I can tell, in standard it really relies on Reviser's shape and combined weight to work, which it can't do in Limited. Honestly I'm mostly hoping Genbull does something for defense, it's shape isn't amazing overall but its perimeter doesn't look bad from pictures, so I'm hoping it'll be able to use a crystal wheel to absorb hits (which reviser can't really do practically due to bad balance). Of course, it's hard to tell much about the balance or defense of these things without MSF-H so who knows, maybe Killerken just needs a couple more grams to be a beast haha - I mean I'll give it a shot tomorrow anyway but yeah, given reviser's defense isn't really amazing without an MSF-H I can't see Killerken being much better.

Guardian looks like it would have some recoil issues to me, and it's also pretty light for a crystal wheel, but I only have Gladiator, two Samurais and a Dark Knight at this point. Samurai has done an okay if not great job so far in terms of taking hits and is supposedly one of the heaviest Crystal Wheels, so I'm sticking with it for defense for the time being.
Hey, would someone be able to test Midnight if they have it? I feel it might have some smash.
(Jan. 02, 2014  10:53 PM)*Sorablader* Wrote: Could you test MSF-H Archer Goreim LW105BS[Crystal Up], please.

I'm posting this here since it'd be more relevant than posting in Coach's Phoenix thread. Tongue_out

Not to be rude, but why would you want to test with that?

Archer is pretty unbalanced, Golem is yet to have any testing done, LW105 isn't too useful (DF105 is a lot better), and BS isn't that useful, either.

That combo is pretty random, but either way, I don't know the full reasoning behind it (if there is). Tongue_out
Thank you Leone.
Bladers if you want to test a combo of yours you test it against something already on the competitive combos list not another bey that's in development. The reason why we've tested against Bakushin Leone so much is because its just a matter of time it'll be on the CC list after proving its better than Earth__85RSF which is already on the list.
(Jan. 02, 2014  10:24 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: Hey, would someone be able to test Midnight if they have it? I feel it might have some smash.
I tink Midnight would have too much recoil. The 2 openings and how lightweight it is would just get Ko'd.
(Jan. 02, 2014  10:24 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: Hey, would someone be able to test Midnight if they have it? I feel it might have some smash.

Oh no you bought it without knowing about it? I have some bad news. Please, prepare yourself.

Have a look at the weight. Bull has most of its weight in the center, so removing that and adding a clear wheel leaves Midnight at a pathetic 25.29g. I had a lot of hope for it when it was first released, and then we found the weight.

Crash, the takara version, is supposedly heavier so that might be worth looking into, but Midnight is forever doomed to being an oddity and nothing more (maybe not even that, IIRC one of hyper or fury was supposed to be lighter).

Don't get me wrong it's still better than poison as it does actually *have* attack, but it's way too light to do anything to anything that matters.
Aw, damn :\ If it had better weight, it would probs be broken. I mean loom at dem slopes.
Cosmic has pretty angled slopes like that, plus its heavier. I wish Midnight had use just because it looks cool, haha.
Cosmic doesn't have that deep slopes as Midnight. Hey, has anyone tested the Bull Metal wheel on MF, I would like tests to see how it does(Galaxy Blade come on man plz)
(Jan. 03, 2014  7:56 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: Aw, damn :\ If it had better weight, it would probs be broken. I mean loom at dem slopes.

There are plenty of things with slopes in limited already, and slopes aren't really amazing contact points in MFB anyhow, I mean Virgo, for example, is not a particularly great attack wheel. Also like Bulls inner designs that are removed from midnight, clear wheels kinda jut out and make contact instead of the slopes quite a bit so it doesn't really work that great.

And yeah I did try Bull, it's blatantly inferior to Quetzalcoatl and Pegasis (Leone and IIRC Sagittario are better too). Long slopes just don't do that much in MFB.
Legend Wheels compared to the originals are a real letdown, haha. Inferno seems to be a bit better than the original, which is neat, but sad to say, none of the others show much potential.

I'd still like to see Counter (Attack) tests, based on Leone CH120 RF, haha.

Leone is a lot heavier than counter though, even with an energy ring Leone is far heavier.
(Jan. 03, 2014  10:04 PM)Tri Wrote: Leone is a lot heavier than counter though, even with an energy ring Leone is far heavier.

(Jan. 03, 2014  9:57 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Legend Wheels compared to the originals are a real letdown, haha. Inferno seems to be a bit better than the original, which is neat, but sad to say, none of the others show much potential.

I'd still like to see Counter (Attack) tests, based on Leone CH120 RF, haha.

^

I know and mentioned how bad the Legend Series Wheels are. I was merely pointing out that I'd like to see tests on it (despite knowing they'd suck, probably).

It probably wouldn't help much, but slapping an MF-H on there, pretty much brings the weight above the original Leone. Tongue_out