MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF

(Apr. 23, 2011  6:57 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2011  6:45 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I think you are too concerned with making a name for yourself. You keep using words like "destroy" and "reconstructed".

I don't think this is relevant to the thread in the least. Can we please get off the topic of "oh no bluezee is using hyperbole" and back on to the discussion of "hey this combo works/doesn't work"?
I understand that Bluezee is being somewhat strong in his wording, but that's how he is, he's obviously not going to change, or he would have done so in the last dozen or so threads we had this exact same discussion in.
Bluezee, you might want to make a conscious effort to tone down the enthusiasm a little, if you want people to listen to what you're saying, instead of how you're saying it.
I'd suggest anyone who has a problem with this, or another members posts, take it to PM, and leave this thread for the combo

On topic: Just to restate this if anyone missed it: A few people have stated that a hasbro lightning with a tt ldrago cw seems to provide better results. If that is the case, then that may be why I, amongst others, aren't getting results equal to bluezee. You'd be amazed what difference obstructive plastic can make. I'll get a TT lightning ldrago soon, to test this, but so far it seems the most logical solution.
No, it follows directly to topic. I'm kind of wondering how he got completely different results with my Escolpio combo than I did. He fluffed it off like "oh this is an okay combo, but it needs more testing".
Yo, I think Bluezee gets the message ... This needs to stop now.
(Apr. 23, 2011  7:10 PM)Hero Wrote: I got similar results using an all Hasbro Lightning L-Drago. The super vortex clear wheel and regular release metal wheel (silver). I honestly think that there is not difference at all, it may be related to your shot th!nk.

Pretty sure my shot is fine, I usually get better results with attack types, and my launch is pretty darn strong. It's possible, though, as it's not the easiest combo to shoot. However, even strong collisions seem to do very little, so I suspect that that is probably not the issue.

Dei, I still would rather we talk about the combo. A running summary of it's strengths, weaknesses, and contested points might be useful here. If you disagree with the combos effectiveness, let the testing talk, and we can collaborate ALL the tests we get, so if something seems odd once we eliminate all the variables, then we can call bull. This is why we ask for multiple members tests before we make decisions, is it

Anyway, I have to sleep. I'll try and pm people back from now on, instead of continuing the argument, as that would be counterproductive.

Edit: Didn't see your post, Kai-V, syeah.
I am going to ignore all the ignorance and immaturity. I could easily shut all of that down one at a time but that would just ruin my thread. So here is some more testing.

Lightning Tank vs. MF-H G.Perseus FGrin (Right Spin Counter Mode)
Lightning Tank: 18/20 (12KO 6OS)
G.Perseus 2/20 (2KO)

Lightning Tank vs. MF-H Earth 85WD
Lightning: 20/20

By the way, thanks a lot th!nk for the advice.
(Apr. 23, 2011  6:45 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I think you are too concerned with making a name for yourself. You keep using words like "destroy" and "reconstructed".

Just noticed this. I am not trying to make a name for myself. I just chose those words. As you can probably see, I do not like the current metagame so a new one needs to be made starting with my combo and Dan's.
(Apr. 23, 2011  7:57 PM)Bluezee Wrote: I am going to ignore all the ignorance and immaturity. I could easily shut all of that down one at a time but that would just ruin my thread. So here is some more testing.

G.Perseus 2/20 (2KO)

Just noticed this. I am not trying to make a name for myself. I just chose those words. As you can probably see, I do not like the current metagame so a new one needs to be made starting with my combo and Dan's.

Did you test it against a Basalt BD145MB/MF, I only saw results for the CS tip.
(Apr. 23, 2011  8:10 PM)ArmorD-00taku Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2011  7:57 PM)Bluezee Wrote: I am going to ignore all the ignorance and immaturity. I could easily shut all of that down one at a time but that would just ruin my thread. So here is some more testing.

G.Perseus 2/20 (2KO)

Did you test it against a Basalt BD145MB/MF, I only saw results for the CS tip.

Ah sorry about that. I forgot to do them. I will get to that right now.
I just got a 20/20 with this (with R2F Though) against MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS.

Just proving its not just Bluezee getting these Results.
Bluezee, I was just curious : can you do comparative tests, against all the same combinations, but using MF Lightning L Drago LRF/RF on all the heights it is known to be excellent as well ? I think this might be similar to what Kei mentioned, and from quickly looking at all the posts since, I have not really found what you wrote you were going to test in that sense.

I will probably try myself in the next few days, however MF Lightning L Drago RF has always been only excellent on 85 for me, for some reason.
Chupa, have you tried against basalt bd145 cs? Would you be able to?
Just for fun, I decided to test this against MF L Drago 100WF:

MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF vs. MF L Drago 100WF
MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF: 3 wins
MF L Drago 100WF: 12 wins
Lightning L Drago win percentage: 20%
Bluzee, i like the combo
but why don't you try to use attack types against it and try this combo against
MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145 WB
or
MF-L Lightning L Drago 85 XF/RF/LRF/WF
WB? Why ? You know it's outclassed and will be defeated by the 'Lightning Tank'.

Kei, So this sucks against a good Destabilizer like MF L Drago 100WF ?
Can I see some more destabilizers put against this ?
(Apr. 24, 2011  6:47 AM)Electric Wrote: WB? Why ? You know it's outclassed and will be defeated by the 'Lightning Tank'.

most other tips are not round and there fore when the get hit heavily they lose balance lightning tank then waits for the scrape...
BUT WB prevents this and don't scrape meaning lighting tank gets kicked out..
WD loses balance like most other tips...
that is my strategic Play..
(Apr. 24, 2011  6:47 AM)Electric Wrote: Kei, So this sucks against a good Destabilizer like MF L Drago 100WF ?

"Normal" destabilizers would probably suck against it. MF L Drago 100WF is more of an Attack type than anything else.
(Apr. 24, 2011  6:53 AM)Nile Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2011  6:47 AM)Electric Wrote: WB? Why ? You know it's outclassed and will be defeated by the 'Lightning Tank'.

most other tips are not round and there fore when the get hit heavily they lose balance lightning tank then waits for the scrape...
Dude there's a better choice than WB, use MB. Alot better if you know how to use it.
(Apr. 24, 2011  7:04 AM)ArmorD-00taku Wrote:

Dude there's a better choice than WB, use MB. Alot better if you know how to use it.
yes i know but the thing is that MB is free spinning right, Correct me if im wrong but a hit against the was will scrape due to the weight but since WBs lighter it won't but still i agree MB is heaps better
(Apr. 24, 2011  7:09 AM)Nile Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2011  7:04 AM)ArmorD-00taku Wrote:

yes i know but the thing is that MB is free spinning right, Correct me if im wrong but a hit against the was will scrape due to the weight but since WBs lighter it won't but still i agree MB is heaps better

Everyone thinks it scrapes. Heh. Guess they don't know the secret.
(Apr. 24, 2011  7:13 AM)ArmorD-00taku Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2011  7:04 AM)ArmorD-00taku Wrote: [quote='Nile' pid='625176' dateline='1303624430']
[quote='Electric' pid='625172' dateline='1303624032']
WB? Why ? You know it's outclassed and will be defeated by the 'Lightning Tank'.

hello...
BD145 Scrapes on everything regardless what you do ...
especially attack types meaning that it pushes the other BD145 Down and scrapes easy as that Basalt BD145 CS/MB/WB is beaten though WB plays up and jumps around meaning doesn't get hit....
even in the toughest situation WB can screw up if you sliding Shoot it when ya don't It's game Over
(Apr. 24, 2011  6:24 AM)Kei Wrote: Just for fun, I decided to test this against MF L Drago 100WF:

MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF vs. MF L Drago 100WF
MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF: 3 wins
MF L Drago 100WF: 12 wins
Lightning L Drago win percentage: 20%

Very interesting! In fact, I think the main reason this won is not only because it has more stamina but Lightning has nothing to steal spin from. Rubber tip based Left Spin opponents do nothing to this. I am greatful for your results though. Makes me want to face you even more and see if I can use my combo against yours and see who wins. =)
(Apr. 24, 2011  6:54 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2011  6:47 AM)Electric Wrote: Kei, So this sucks against a good Destabilizer like MF L Drago 100WF ?

"Normal" destabilizers would probably suck against it. MF L Drago 100WF is more of an Attack type than anything else.

I also agree with this comment. Regular destabilizers, which are most often in right spin, get DESTROYED by this.
(Apr. 24, 2011  3:44 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Bluezee, I was just curious : can you do comparative tests, against all the same combinations, but using MF Lightning L Drago LRF/RF on all the heights it is known to be excellent as well ? I think this might be similar to what Kei mentioned, and from quickly looking at all the posts since, I have not really found what you wrote you were going to test in that sense.

I will probably try myself in the next few days, however MF Lightning L Drago RF has always been only excellent on 85 for me, for some reason.

I actually did some informal testing of this and all other heights seemed to fail pretty badly since BD145 is so defensive but I will do them as you requested.
@ Nile, MB is not free spinning. MB/CS are by far the most stable bottoms to go with BD145 normal mode.
(Apr. 24, 2011  7:20 AM)Nile Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2011  7:13 AM)ArmorD-00taku Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2011  7:04 AM)ArmorD-00taku Wrote: [quote='Nile' pid='625176' dateline='1303624430']
[quote='Electric' pid='625172' dateline='1303624032']

hello...
BD145 Scrapes on everything regardless what you do ...
especially attack types meaning that it pushes the other BD145 Down and scrapes easy as that Basalt BD145 CS/MB/WB is beaten though WB plays up and jumps around meaning doesn't get hit....
even in the toughest situation WB can screw up if you sliding Shoot it when ya don't It's game Over

Sorry but BD145 does not scrape on everything. On this combo and if you shoot the Basalt combo the right way, it will never scrape. ArmorDD-Otaku knows what he is talking about. He and IKMV do it correctly every time.
(Apr. 24, 2011  1:45 PM)ControL_ Wrote: @ Nile, MB is not free spinning. MB/CS are by far the most stable bottoms to go with BD145 normal mode.

Well I know your right though BD145 is heavy the more heavy a bey is the harder it is to knock around BUT when knocked goes into off Balance mode causing great scrapes then the tank rolls in and wins
(Apr. 24, 2011  1:47 PM)Nile Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2011  1:45 PM)ControL_ Wrote: @ Nile, MB is not free spinning. MB/CS are by far the most stable bottoms to go with BD145 normal mode.

Well I know your right though BD145 is heavy the more heavy a bey is the harder it is to knock around BUT when knocked goes into off Balance mode causing great scrapes then the tank rolls in and wins
Obviously, everyone who has/heard about BD145 knows this already...
Quote:Sorry but BD145 does not scrape on everything. On this combo and if you shoot the Basalt combo the right way, it will never scrape. ArmorDD-Otaku knows what he is talking about. He and IKMV do it correctly every time.
yes I know but being hit with such force SHOULD make anything shake
Then it's go time with basalt in the Middle BD145 combos will start scraping including WB though... It attacks too
(Apr. 24, 2011  1:52 PM)Nile Wrote:
Quote:Sorry but BD145 does not scrape on everything. On this combo and if you shoot the Basalt combo the right way, it will never scrape. ArmorDD-Otaku knows what he is talking about. He and IKMV do it correctly every time.
yes I know but being hit with such force SHOULD make anything shake
Then it's go time with basalt in the Middle BD145 combos will start scraping including WB though... It attacks too
BD145 only scrapes on low angular velocity when paired with a stable bottom. It won't scrape from a hard hit just like that.