MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF

(Apr. 22, 2011  8:39 PM)Dan Wrote: Perhaps that MF-H lessened its movement? since I've tried it with MF-H before and that happened. Condition of RF as well? :V
This combo is insanely fast. MF-H should be there to slow it down.

Either way, Escolpio gets hit, don't get me wrong. Escolpio's metal wheel gives to absorb some of the hit, DS will catch on the tornado ridge, and then S130 along with Escolpio's low wheel will shift the weight more toward the bottom of the Bey so it won't be destabilized or lifted/pushed out.

Once the two are in the center, Escolpio will spin steal. As Annieduck (and I think Roan might have as well) pointed out during Beyblade War Room, Escolpio can spin steal, but since there aren't many stamina left spin beys, it's not practical. In this situation, it is because L L Drago is in left. During the end of the match, L L Drago should win against S130DS in a stamina battle because L L Drago already delivered some devastating hits, but Escolpio will spin steal enough to win by a half spin.
(Apr. 22, 2011  8:52 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2011  8:39 PM)Dan Wrote: Perhaps that MF-H lessened its movement? since I've tried it with MF-H before and that happened. Condition of RF as well? :V
This combo is insanely fast. MF-H should be there to slow it down.

Either way, Escolpio gets hit, don't get me wrong. Escolpio's metal wheel gives to absorb some of the hit, DS will catch on the tornado ridge, and then S130 along with Escolpio's low wheel will shift the weight more toward the bottom of the Bey so it won't be destabilized or lifted/pushed out.

Once the two are in the center, Escolpio will spin steal. As Annieduck (and I think Roan might have as well) pointed out during Beyblade War Room, Escolpio can spin steal, but since there aren't many stamina left spin beys, it's not practical. In this situation, it is because L L Drago is in left. During the end of the match, L L Drago should win against S130DS in a stamina battle because L L Drago already delivered some devastating hits, but Escolpio will spin steal enough to win by a half spin.

Ok. I did this. Without MF-H and with LRF.

Lightning Tank vs. MF-H Escolpio S130DS
Lightning: 17/20 (3OS 14KO)
Escolpio: 3/20 (1 self ko by tank and 2OS)

This combo does have potential, however, with a good sliding shot, it get savagely tossed around. So I decided to help it out.

Lightning Tank vs. MF-H Escolpio S130CS
Lightning Tank: 14/20
Escolpio: 6/20

That's better but not enough. Escolpio should be tested more. It is really not bad at all. Just not suitable against this.
Mode of L Drago? Positioning of BD145?
(Apr. 22, 2011  9:09 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Mode of L Drago? Positioning of BD145?

Well any mode should work but I use Upper Mode and BD145 can only be used in Normal Mode with L Drago.
(Apr. 22, 2011  9:11 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2011  9:09 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Mode of L Drago? Positioning of BD145?

Well any mode should work but I use Upper Mode and BD145 can only be used in Normal Mode with L Drago.

Positioning of "stalactites" of BD145?
I just redid your new test results:

Escolpio S130DS vs L L Drago BD145LRF
Out of twenty matches, each won ten

The same thing. I even took it a step further...

MF-H Escolpio S130DS vs L L Drago BD145LRF
Out of twenty matches, L L Drago won 13 (65%)

Your results must be incredibly skewed since L L Drago can't outspin Escolpio. It can tie, but I haven't seen it OS.

Bluezee, I've had your back for months, but I really think you're puffing up your feathers way too much and way to often.
(Apr. 22, 2011  9:39 PM)Deikailo Wrote: I just redid your new test results:

Escolpio S130DS vs L L Drago BD145LRF
Out of twenty matches, each won ten

The same thing. I even took it a step further...

MF-H Escolpio S130DS vs L L Drago BD145LRF
Out of twenty matches, L L Drago won 13 (65%)

Your results must be incredibly skewed since L L Drago can't outspin Escolpio. It can tie, but I haven't seen it OS.

Bluezee, I've had your back for months, but I really think you're puffing up your feathers way too much and way to often.

I really do not see how you are getting those results. They are in LLD's favor but they are very low compared to what I get. And why am I being accused of "puffing my feathers" all because I get better results? I mean, I could easily post a video once my camera is fixed. They will show what I mean. The ONLY thing that I have seen get those type of results, speaking of Escolpio since my girlfriend also has one, is MF Escolpio BD145CS. It basically nullifies most of this combo's attack and outspins it on quite a few occasions. Would you like the results? We just finished.
Because I count every launch except when L L Drago KOs itself on the first hit. Escolpio hops.

And no, I say puffing feathers because you claim to be Bluezee, destroyer of metagames and tiers when your big secret is just bd145. It's like a peacock.

Yes, you're knowledgeable. We get it. You're also trying to push for metagame destruction and tier obliteration on us like some religious fanatics try to push their deity on others.

(Not to say religion is terrible, but that's a general pet peeve for the majority of America so I use it as an analogy)
(Apr. 22, 2011  9:48 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Because I count every launch except when L L Drago KOs itself on the first hit. Escolpio hops.

And no, I say puffing feathers because you claim to be Bluezee, destroyer of metagames and tiers when your big secret is just bd145. It's like a peacock.

Yes, you're knowledgeable, but it's a bias against the general blader population.

BD145 is what I use for attackers. Do you have any idea how many combos I have other than attackers that can take out pretty much EVERY top-tier custom known to date? I use no more than THREE, if that, combos a tournament. Take a look inside my bag one day and see the things I have constructed. Then you tell me if I am puffing my feathers. If the "secret" is so minor, why is it that no one else though of this beside Dan and I? Had it been so insignificiant and common, we wouldn't have the 230CS problem now. If the general blader population had an idea of what to do, we wouldn't be going through this. Apparently, only a select few have an idea of what to do.

If they could find a better alternative that can beat this and exceed its win rate against all the top-tiers, then by all means, I encourage them to do so. I also challenge them to try and beat Dan's combo considering these combos go hand in hand in taking down everything people consider dominant these days.
(Apr. 22, 2011  10:03 PM)ControL_ Wrote: What is the CS movement on Basalt 230?

Ah I should have noted that. The CS does not move much at all. In very few cases, it will move for like 3-5 seconds then go stationary. The only time it moves A LOT is when I deeply bank it or have it on a track lower than 230 and use a hard sliding shot but even then, most of the time, it doesn't work. Aggressive CS's tend to get rammed out of the stadium by this. It can't get away too fast when this is on LRF.
If requested I could do some passive Basalt 230CS vs. aggressive Basalt 230CS against this.
I'm not sure how much better or worse this is (as far as Attack power is concerned) than MF Lightning L Drago CH120LRF, for example, but the added reach of BD145 surely doesn't hurt it. Here are some tests:

MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS
MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF: 15 wins
MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS: 4 wins
1 draw
Lightning L Drago win percentage: 75%

Unfortunately, I don't have two BD145's, so I can't test it against MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS.
(Apr. 23, 2011  4:07 AM)Kei Wrote: I'm not sure how much better or worse this is (as far as Attack power is concerned) than MF Lightning L Drago CH120LRF, for example, but the added reach of BD145 surely doesn't hurt it. Here are some tests:

MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS
MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF: 15 wins
MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS: 4 wins
1 draw
Lightning L Drago win percentage: 75%

Unfortunately, I don't have two BD145's, so I can't test it against MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS.

Thank you for the results. They are greatly appreciated. I would say this is better because not only does it have defensive qualities, it has much more smashing force from what I have seen. As a matter of fact, I will test this right now.
This combo is brilliant Bluezee, thanks for sharing. I have been using this combo replacing LRF with a worn RF and it still is insanely strong. As expected from the Beast from the East. I'd like to request that it be tested against MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145MB. Thanks!
(Apr. 23, 2011  4:51 AM)Hero Wrote: This combo is brilliant Bluezee, thanks for sharing. I have been using this combo replacing LRF with a worn RF and it still is insanely strong. As expected from the Beast from the East. I'd like to request that it be tested against MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145MB. Thanks!

Thanks a lot for the compliment. It is greatly appreciated. I will do this testing for you tomorrow morning.
This combo, again, is great. It takes out pretty much everything, however, what if it becomes too popular? It will definately become top-tier and used by everyone. Then we'll end up with the situation you tried to stop, mirror matches. So, is there anything that stop this tank? Bluezee, it's fine if you don't know or perhaps do know but want to keep that a secret. I guess we'll have to wait for a few more of the releases. Apologies if this seems irrelevent but this combo cannot be unstoppable, that would defeat the purpose of a meta game.
Here's the thing about metagames: They change.
(Apr. 23, 2011  7:45 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Here's the thing about metagames: They change.

And with every Metagame, there's always one person or two to make it happen. I don't know who that person is, but whatever.
This combo... I'll test it out, see what happens from time to time. I got high hopes for this one, and since I don't trust anyone else unless seen with my own eyes.
Right now, catching up on mangas.
I'll actually have to try this one though. I'm always talking about how I wish Lightning were heavier. With BD145, the attack combo will be heavier. I'm a bit skeptical about if it actually has good smash though. I guess I'll see
Just curious, exactly how are you launching against Basalt BD145CS? I can't seem to get great results with it (using the correct combo and everything).

That said, excellent work on the combo, and just gonna throw in my two cents and say that I've used a similar, if not identical combo to take out Basalt230cs before.

Cye, it's worth noting that Lightning L Drago does't really have huge smash, at least, at its sides. Not compared to vulcan or fang, anyway. A lot of it's power comes from it's slopes/shape and spin direction, and getting under things. This is why opponents with BD145 cause it a lot of trouble, Lightning can't get under at all. It's got some smash at the sides, but not huge amounts. It's left-spin direction helps, but yeah.
At 145, as long as it's on a heavy enough track to withstand basalt, it pretty easily kills 230, as it gets under it. Most of it's smash is on the top of the wheel.
So, basically using BD145 doesn't really diminish it's smash abilities much, because any bey BD145 hits probably wouldn't have suffered too much from lightning anyway.

At least, that's what I take from what my experience.
MF Fang Leone (Counter Mode) C145 R2F

C145 negates BD145 smash and also hits it enough to slow it down some with small taps.

Tests:
Tests done in Atk Stadium first 10 launches were Lightening last 10 were Fang

MF LightningLDrago BD145LRF vs. MF Fang Leone (Counter Mode) CF145 R2F
MF LightningLDrago BD145LRF: 7 wins (3 OS)
MF Fang Leone(Counter)CF145 R2F: 12 wins
1 draw
MeteoL Drago win percentage: 35%
So now we're looking for a maximum meteor and lightning tank counter? Oh boy...

So tell me, is it viable enough an option that it beats every other beyblade like Basalt BD145CS and other attack types...
It does decent against the BasaltBD145 combo. Decent meaning better then most attack types using a rubber bottom.
Bluezee Im not going to Ramble on about how Great you and this Combo is. You Get my Point. You know what I would of said. Wink

I have been out the Whole day. Before I left I read the OP. Its all Ive Thought about all Day.

Wow it has Beaten wait No, Destroyed Basalt BD145.

I have got to test this....with a RF though...Maybe a R2F Since it is Faster than a RF on Left Spin.