[Los Angeles, CA] Another Tourney in LA?

Poll: What Prize would you want for first?

BB-10 Attack with 3 Segment Grip and a Bey?
26.85%
BB-76 Galaxy Pegasis DX Set
42.59%
BB-105 BBP + Grip and Mars Red LR Beylauncher
30.56%
Total: 100% 108 vote(s)
Okey so Griffith park has 2 pre approved attendees, so I will most definitely be there, anyone else able to go? If I get 6-8 attendees, I'll try to get prizes and a mini tournament. Sound good?
Well I'm coming, and might(don't count on it) be able to smuggle Wario/a9 with me.
Anyone got a zero g stadium?? Bring one if you can.
I could smell the question of when we will meet, it will be Saturday at 12PM.
I am interested in helping out with the organization of any upcoming Los Angeles events. Where have your past events been hosted? Do any of you know any Local comic stores or hobby shops, anywhere that host a Friday night magic even? Might be willing to commit time to host a beyblade event. (also if i was to start calling around where would be convenient for most of the local players)
Since you are committed, would you be able to come at 12 PM this Saturday? And our tourneys are always hosted at Live Steamers, inside Griffith Park. And I don't have connections with a comic book store...
(Aug. 23, 2013  6:32 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Since you are committed, would you be able to come at 12 PM this Saturday?

I saw that you where going to be meeting up, unfortunately wont be able to make it this Saturday. I have to be at work, You may find i am a bit older then the majority of the community. (need to pay for all the toys i purchase)
Sundays are about the only days i will be available currently.
You all have fun!

I may start doing some of my own research, come up with a phone list of comic/hobby shops.
I will report any of my findings.
Hopefully this Information is helpful to anyone interested in hosting an event around Los Angeles.

Here is a list of Comic/Hobby/Card stores in the area that host other game events ( Ex- magic, yugioh, pokemon, dungeons, warhammer )

These shops MAY be willing to provide a space for events.

There are a lot, I am sure that at least ONE would agree to hosting a tournament. I am happy to make a few calls if anyone wants to take the lead on organizing.
that sounds pretty good to me,
I might take charge of this.
Seeing that list, I thought you had already confirmed that those shops would welcome a Beyblade tournament, so I was sure I was dreaming, hah.

Yes, you should definitely contact them. For some stores, allowing events to be hosted on their premises might already be in the schedule, so it will all be part of some pre-established procedures.
Wow, that's a lllllooooooooootttttttttt of shops, well to whoever is going bring your competitive beys, and other stadiums, and just in case you missed it, we'll be at Live Steamers in GP.
Pleas bring some of the combos you want do do tests on, I'm gonna try to test some stuff afterwards.
To all who are going, I'll be a little late, be there at 12:15ish, my freeway is packed...
Well, I posted the one test(or I should say half test) that we did. It was only OwnageDerp and I though, were was everyone?
Ookay, whose up for a REAL tourney sometime in September?
i am
What is this tournament called?
Probably the Los Angeles Revival For Real tourney.
I'm practically always able for an event.
Good news California Bladers!!

I did some calling around and was able to find a suitable location for a tournament.

Emerald Knighs
4116 W Burbank Blvd
Burbank, CA 91505
United States

Tables are available to reserve for $20 spendable in-store credit. (two 2'x6' tables for a six hour time spot)
Before i go any further on with the planning i would like to get a quick head count, to make sure we have enough interested participants to fill a bracket. It looks to me like California has not hosted a tournament in a while, it would be a shame to reserve time at a shop and then have to cancel.

The event will Most Likely take place on a Sunday during September if i am to act as host.
I will also need experienced members willing to act as judges or judge depending on turnout. - Pm me if this is you.

Available Participants
OwnageDerp
tanzam2
DrakeTheAwesome
KyubiBey
You know I'm ready for this...
(Aug. 29, 2013  8:17 PM)The Bishop Wrote: Good news California Bladers!!

I did some calling around and was able to find a suitable location for a tournament.

Emerald Knighs
4116 W Burbank Blvd
Burbank, CA 91505
United States

Tables are available to reserve for $20 spendable in-store credit. (two 2'x6' tables for a six hour time spot)
Before i go any further on with the planning i would like to get a quick head count, to make sure we have enough interested participants to fill a bracket. It looks to me like California has not hosted a tournament in a while, it would be a shame to reserve time at a shop and then have to cancel.

The event will Most Likely take place on a Sunday during September if i am to act as host.
I will also need experienced members willing to act as judges or judge depending on turnout. - Pm me if this is you.
If its in the LA area and on a weekend there is a 9 out of 10 chance can be there.
Hey, guess who's back. *me* Grin

Well, we all agreed we'll have the next tourney in Signal Hill (where I live). I'll contact Paulie so we can organize it. We just need a huge revival tourney...
I wish I can! But every tourney is always far from my home Uncertain
(Aug. 31, 2013  2:10 AM)KyubiBey Wrote: Hey, guess who's back. *me* Grin

Well, we all agreed we'll have the next tourney in Signal Hill (where I live). I'll contact Paulie so we can organize it. We just need a huge revival tourney...

This is encouraging hope you two can plan something as you have more experience with tournament hosting.
I could make it down that direction.