[London, UK - 1/10/2011] Back to the Basics (Last chances!)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hello UK bladers! Its that time again!
That's right, another tournament, this time held by myself and Hell Kid!

Specific info:

When: 1st of October 11:30AM until it finishes.
If you do turn up after 11:30AM there is a chance you won't be able to take part and your place will be given to someone else!

Where: Regents Park Bandstand

Directions to the bandstand:
If you don't know this by now you can find the directions here -
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-March-of...ark--28221

Map of the Park -
http://www.royalparks.gov.uk/The-Regents-Park.aspx

Tournament Format: Standard MFB
Block Round Robin / Double Elimination -
(Event Guide - http://worldbeyblade.org/eventguide.pdf )

This is the WBO universal format rule book (READ IT, if not already)-
http://worldbeyblade.org/universalrules.pdf

Prices:
The regular price is £3
Or free If you have purchased a Blader Passport,
which is available to buy on the day for £6

Credit to Blitz for format.

You can only go on the attendance list if you are 120% sure you can come!
Remember if a parent/s is bringing you to the tournament to let them know that the times may vary!

Confirmed Attendees: Double Elimination FIXED

- Manicben
- Hell Kid
- brazman
- madmuppet98
- Shadow Scythe
- ControL_s SouL_
- ThePokeBlader
- BLAZING DRAGON
- Hell Reaper
- alx
- LeeDraciel
- ControL_'s G
- L-Drago2012
- Blitz
- Saint
- Ahmed
- ✯Black✯Star✯
- Enzoxs
- Cyber Kerberous
- destructionbull
- rentao
- SoulBlade#IV
- Tarik125
- dream blader
- number 1 blader
- KillerBladez
- dragon blader
- ZeroBlade#1
- beyblade247
- Amarillo_pices

Reserves list:

- Vamp69
- SheerBlade#III
- BlazingFire
- Themfbeybladers

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

loool looks like you dont read (or cant :s )
Danm havent been able to sign on! o well reserves please Smile
There is no limit on this! You can go on the confirmed list!
hi i will be turning up at around about 3 ish to watch and possibly sell stuff. if thats ok
Black Star, its fine, ur on the list!

HB Sauce @
Thats perfectly fine.
Anyone is welcome, but friday is the last day for signing up guys!
Thanks for mentioning that BHK,
next time read PROPERLY before you post
i'm getting so excited!!! last time i went was like 3 months ago.
for any noobs or bey buyers im selling some pieces at the next comp and a bba basics book to anyone who wants to buy check on my site for the fusion wheel prices

(Sep. 29, 2011  6:02 PM)SoulBlade#IV Wrote: i'm getting so excited!!! last time i went was like 3 months ago.

about your signature ur not the co leader isnt DreamBlade#II the co leaderand ZeroBlade#I the leader
nope. he carn't join the team becuse he lost his beys in china i think
me and you are the co leaders. zeroblade is the leader. emman is a joined member
(Sep. 29, 2011  6:20 PM)SoulBlade#IV Wrote: nope. he carn't join the team becuse he lost his beys in china i think
me and you are the co leaders. zeroblade is the leader. emman is a joined member

This isn't the place to discuss that!
Discuss it on your team thread.
It's spam...
Beyjun and I may not be able to make it, I may be called in last minute for football, will confirm tomorrow. Will confirm these details tomorrow.
(Sep. 29, 2011  7:10 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Beyjun and I may not be able to make it, I may be called in last minute for football, will confirm tomorrow. Will confirm these details tomorrow.

Dont worry Kevin, just turn up if u can. I will keep some slots free.

And on another note, I will be filming some shizzle at the tournament
and NO it is NOT the series, it is a doc on the tournament. Hopefully it will be as professional as possible. Hopefully this will be ok with everyone.
People, if you have cameras or video phones, BRING THEM!!!
We want every epic beyblade moment on camera as only the best scenes will be picked for the video.

Judges@ Bring stadiums and cameras if possible.
Reminder of who they are, Hell Kid, madmuppet98, either Blitz or LeeDraciel
PM me please, just to double check if you are coming!
This tournament is now FULL!
sorry to everyone, but the time is now up!
Groups will be sorted and all that other shizzle.
I hope to see everyone there!
(Sep. 29, 2011  8:25 PM)Manicben Wrote: This tournament is now FULL!
sorry to everyone, but the time is now up!
Groups will be sorted and all that other shizzle.
I hope to see everyone there!
Double elimination doesn't have groups.

And why 34 members?
We still have reserves...
well, erm i swear double elimination have blocks and stuff.
But anyway, ill get the W/L brackets done.
(Kevin, u mind explaining this anomaly to me via PM?)

EDIT: never mind kev.
AND the last two people to sign up sadly cannot go on the attendance list due to numbers.
They were Black Star and Ahmed. Soz guys! U have immediate priority if someone leaves!
If you have Double Elimination, you can go over thirty-two participants; Double Elimination is almost infinite.

Do you know how Double Elimination works or not though ?
(Sep. 29, 2011  10:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote: If you have Double Elimination, you can go over thirty-two participants; Double Elimination is almost infinite.

Do you know how Double Elimination works or not though ?

From what ive read in the event guide. (Slightly confusing though...)
And, where would i find W/L brackets for over 32 participants?
(I used blind draw on printbrackets.com)
Personally I would do it by hand on paper.

You could always do Single Elimination at that number anyway.
Ben, if you don't know how double elimination works, you could always just do single elimination or even try block round robin because there is only 10 more participants that usual anyway. It's totally up to you which style you do but I would suggest picking the one easiest for you and the other judges.
The limit for Block Round Robin is 24. So that idea is out. Also single elimination is too harsh, like for example half of the people at the tournament have too pay there train fare, entry fee and pay for food for the day just for one battle... I would still suggest double elimination.
You can not do Block Round Robin, and I did try to tell you you can not have blocks for D.E.

Why limit the tournament to 34? Double elimination can have unlimited members but no blocks.

There should be one block, no limit on players, especially the odd number of 34.

You really need to learn the formats thoroughly Ben!

--
Edit:

I was called last minute to goal keep for tomorrow's school football match, sorry it means I can not make it, BeyJun too.
Sorry take me off. I really need to stop signing up to events Confused
Ok, then due to this its open again, and the current count is 32 attendees anyway.
Christ, doing it on paper is gonna make me feel light headed. Grin

So wait, i know people battle first to determine 1st round W/L bracket, but how is that done?
(Sep. 30, 2011  5:43 PM)Manicben Wrote: So wait, i know people battle first to determine 1st round W/L bracket, but how is that done?

You make random pairs. The winners go in the Winner Bracket, and the Losers in the Loser Bracket. Whoever loses in the Winner Bracket from the other random pairs gets sent in the Loser Bracket, and you just have to keep track of who loses twice and gets eliminated in the Loser Bracket.