[LTD] Wyvang Discussion

Extra thanks to Th!nk. You helped me with this buddy!

::[LTD] Wyvang Discussion::

th!nk Wrote:Wyvang is renowned in Standard and Zero G for its impressive Smash Attack as well as the fact it is the heaviest Chrome Wheel released by Takara. These key traits mean it is hurt noticeably less than many other Chrome Wheels by the loss of Synchrom in their collective transition to Limited, where it still remains among the heavier wheels, with enough weight to even do serious damage to Tall Track Defense given a suitable Crystal Wheel.
In addition to this, Wyvang has access to Dark Knight (at a cost of about 2g total combo weight compared to the heavier Right Spin Crystal Wheels) and is heavy enough to be usable with lighter tracks, most notably CH120.
Of course, Wyvang isn't without its flaws, particularly notable is the massive recoil caused by the chin of the Wyvern design on the Chrome Wheel when hitting lower opponents. This can be mitigated quite effectively by using a track which juts out in that direction, such as R145 or GB145, or using a lower track (eg CH120) to prevent access to at that angle altogether.
The other issue is its rather poor balance as a result of being a Zero G Wheel, resulting in poor Stamina even when compared to other Attack Wheels. R145 in particular can be used to either reduce this issue when oriented suitably, but even this won't let Wyvang outspin anything of note.

Overall, Wyvang is a powerful and rather versatile Attack Chrome Wheel, but also one which requires greater than normal care when choosing parts for Customization.

Fake tests' (Click to View)

Other Users' Tests:

Needs Further Testing:
Other Crystal Wheels, especially Dark Knight
Other Tracks: CH120, DF105, 85
RSF setups ala MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF in standard.
Glad to see this I was thinking of doing it myself, but glad you did as I've been a bit disappointed with my tests so far with it.
Here's some spin track tests, trying to find the right match for Wyvang. I started all against LTDC seeing this seems to be the best defender in the LTD format by far:

MSF-H Gladiator Wyvang CH120R2F vs MF-H Bakushin Leone 90RSF
Wyvang CH120: 11 wins (0 OS, 11 KO)
Bakushin: 9 wins (6 OS, 3 KO0
Wyvang CH120 win %: 55%

MSF-H Gladiator Wyvang H145R2F vs MF-H Bakushin Leone 90RSF
Wyvang H145: 10 wins (0 OS, 10 KO)
Bakushin: 10 wins (9 OS, 1 KO)
Wyvang H145 win %: 50%

MSF-H Gladiator Wyvang R145R2F vs MF-H Bakushin Leone 90RSF
Wyvang R145: 8 wins (0 OS, 8 KO)
Bakushin: 12 wins (11 OS, 1 KO)
Wyvang R145 win %: 40%

From Leone19's thread, I tested for him.
MSF-H Samurai Wyvang GB145R2F vs. Bakushin Leone 90RSF
Wyvang GB145: 7 wins (0 OS, 7 KO)
Bakushin: 13 wins (10 OS, 3 KO)
Wyvang GB145 win %: 35%
Naw, it was nothin', especially considering the tonne of testing you did haha.

Most of my thoughts on wyvang are included in the little description there (the track stuff is important guys, like Phoenic, LTDC can do nasty things if you don't choose the right track - for example, H145 exposes that chin really well which means against bakushin 90rsf you'll go flying out of the stadium prettyyyyy often), after trying CH120 I'm keen to see testing on that, seeing as at that height, a Crystal Up Crystal Wheel makes very effective contact with 230 opponents. And obviously, we still haven't seen testing on Dark Knight, which even without an MSF-H seems pretty deadly.

I have to say I was surprised Gladiator didn't do any better against 230 than Samurai as it definitely seems more effective to me, but I reckon it'll put in a better showing on CH120. (FWIW, my Gladiator is apparently ~.02g heavier than my heaviest Samurai so there's that too).

Anyway, thanks for all that testing Galaxy Blade Smile

Coach: Woah, that's a surprisingly low number of KO's for Bakushin against Wyvang on H145. How heavily used is your wyvang? The chin of the Wyvern is completely exposed by H145 and against Bakushin I find that results in tremendous recoil, far more than I could believe an MSF-H to be able to deal with - but I did notice the chin wears pretty fast so if you've used yours a bit that might well be why... If my MSF set doesn't arrive tomorrow so I can test, I'll take a video for you of what I'm seeing here (might do so even if it does, because it's pretty entertaining to watch wyvang go flying).
Quote:Coach: Woah, that's a surprisingly low number of KO's for Bakushin against Wyvang on H145. How heavily used is your wyvang? The chin of the Wyvern is completely exposed by H145 and against Bakushin I find that results in tremendous recoil, far more than I could believe an MSF-H to be able to deal with.

I was surprised too. And it's very new still I got it just before my last tournament a couple of weeks ago. I asked Tri to help me test, because his samurai GB145 were slightly more in favor of Wyvang than mine were, but he doesn't own a H145 so he wasn't able.
Man honestly with the wear I'm seeing on mine for how little I've used it that could honestly be enough depending what it's been up against haha, if you get a chance some time, a picture of the chin might help. Against Bakushin I definitely agree with your results that CH120 is the go, but the stamina loss vs using R145 really bugs me (perhaps I just have to get used to using imbalanced attackers).

And yeah, that GB145 result does seem a little on the low side from what I've seen myself in the little I've used GB145 on it.

Oh and by the way, my Wyvang is a good half a gram heavier than BeyWiki's weight for it, at 32.47g. If you get a chance to weigh yours that'd be sweet, want to see if I just got lucky or whether whoever recorded that weight was unlucky haha.
Ok wow, going to have to pay attention to what one I use! Between Wyatt V2's two Wyvangs and my two here are the 4 DIFFERENT weights:
A: 31.65
B: 32.33
Wyatt's:
C: 31.95
D: 32.39
and I used either A or B but havent a clue which one. I will have to put the stickers on one and leave the other...
(Jan. 02, 2014  5:29 PM)Coach Wrote: Ok wow, going to have to pay attention to what one I use! Between Wyatt V2's two Wyvangs and my two here are the 4 DIFFERENT weights:
A: 31.65
B: 32.33
C: 31.95
D: 32.39
and I used either A or B but havent a clue which one. I will have to put the stickers on one and leave the other...

A nicer way if you like stickers on your chrome wheels like I do is to grab a permanent marker and put a mark on the underside of one, then just remember which that is. Also helps if anyone steals your stuff and doesn't think to remove it (though a small scratch and a photo thereof is better for that, fwiw), on the off chance you're ever unlucky enough to run into that.

Hm, if you look closely at a heavy one and a light one (real closely, look at thickness/depth etc, it can be hard to notice), can you see any differences? I know there are two molds of Dragooon from Takara alone (I still need to take pics to show that but I posted about it in the Dragooon discussion thread in the standard subforum), so I wonder if something similar is going on here (which would make takara huge jerks between that and the orange f230 thing btw).

And of course, thanks very much for weighing those, much appreciated.
I just weighed mine and it was 31.8g, its lighter than i thought it was
A1 here, but those codes are rarely related to actual significant mold differences so probably not worth me mentioning.

Hm, I can't spot anything from those pictures but half gram differences would be hard to without sharp eyes (and my eyes are not particularly sharp). Thanks for the photos, though.
I just updated the OP with Coach's tests. Thanks for the tests Coach.
Okay, so I just got some more Crystal Wheels, and Shinobi lines up nicely with Wyvang's main side-on contact point. I'm not sure if it'll make up for the better exposure of that point in left spin but given Shinobi looks really aggressive, it would be worth testing. I will be doing some general Crystal Wheel attack ability tests eventually, but yeah, I figured I'd point it out.

Oh, and Bandid looks pretty decent too but I doubt it's going to be great at attacking things (though it might do okay, that one big contact point on top could be okay, again haven't had a chance to try it), and it's kinda light.

EDIT: Shinobi's exposure means every so often Wyvang will land a ridiculously hard hit, and it's quite effective against tall opponents so yeah I think it's an excellent choice. Comparatives with the others including Dark Knight would be nice (I really don't have the time right now I'm afraid).
I'm gonna have to change my stance on which I prefer the most for Crystal Wheel choice on Wyvang. Originally, I thought Samurai was a much better choice because it lines up very well with Wyvang without the added recoil because of its rather smooth design. That's what I thought when I had in my mind Wyvang was doing most of the work. BUT now I'm gonna have to change my mind because of the ridiculously better results I got with Shonobi. I'd always though that because of its rather aggressive design, it'd only hurt it because of the extra recoil against opponents, especially taller ones. Strangely though from what I just did, Samurai had more self-KO's than Shinobi on Shinobi/Samirai Wyvang GB145RSF! I'll post the official results later as I'm not finished yet but figured I'd go ahead and post this since it's rather awesome, haha.
It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
Are all his tests fake? Welp, we're backlogged in limited.
(Oct. 19, 2014  8:27 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.

It's disappointing but at least not as bad as it could be. I mean, look at the other results and tournament results from other members with Wyvang. We still know a good amount about it's uses, even if a portion of results were faked.

Not going to reply to this topic since it'll probably turn into bashing people, but as a community I'm sure we'll figure this out.
I admitted to my fake testing.
So... Are they all fake?
(Oct. 19, 2014  8:43 PM)LEGION KING Wrote: So... Are they all fake?

Yep, all of them!
One last thing to say and be in mind I'm not siding with anyone, but while faking results isn't a good thing at all... at least he was honest in the end.

Last post on the matter for me.
(Oct. 19, 2014  8:44 PM)Crescent Wrote:

Yep, all of them!

No offense, but if I was you, I wouldn't be so proud of this.
that's bad, but Wyvang as some great use for some combination like Kei as prove at some tournament(i think he wins 3 tournament with a wyvang combo)

for sure it as potential we must take trusted testers to do this kind of test.
(Oct. 19, 2014  8:52 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2014  8:44 PM)Crescent Wrote:

Yep, all of them!

No offense, but if I was you, I wouldn't be so proud of this.
I'm not proud. I'm actually really disappointed in myself. I was just simply saying what I did.
We should stop spamming the thread and continue this by PM.
(Oct. 19, 2014  8:27 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.

Once mine comes in this week, I'll try my best to get as many as possible done, for the sake of Limited.

I really don't want him to be banned, he's a great guy.