[LTD] MSF-H Theif Phoenic R145/H145 R2F (Crystal Up Mode)

I'd try GB145, personally. Tongue_out

As far as 230, I'd say try Earth 230 CS. Tongue_out
(Jan. 02, 2014  11:12 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: Umm... R145 has proven years ago it had too much recoil for Defense, so I wouldn't suggest it.

Ok I was thinking there was a TT Basalt R145 defensive combo in the past but maybe it was an rf anti attack base...
Alright looks like GB145 it is then
(Jan. 02, 2014  11:21 PM)Coach Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2014  11:12 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: Umm... R145 has proven years ago it had too much recoil for Defense, so I wouldn't suggest it.

Ok I was thinking there was a TT Basalt R145 defensive combo in the past but maybe it was an rf anti attack base...
Alright looks like GB145 it is then

I think it was Basalt TR145 /R145 RF for Anti-Attack, if my memory serves me correctly. Tongue_out
There was also Basalt R145RF.
Ok well anyway. Yeah I could use some more competitive testings. So if anybody can help, testings that I've already done and these suggested ones
MF-H Earth sag II/Bull...GB145RSF & 230CS/RSF
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.

Personally I think that was vastly overstated, R145's rubber doesn't seem to suffer from too much recoil and the extra weight would be very useful against a 145-height opponent like this. I tried it against a range of heights including against opponents who should be able to take advantage of it and it really didn't seem any worse than GB145 (which protrudes out just as far). The only issue is that it will result in poorer stamina on all of the major defense wheels, but stamina is not a big priority if R145 adds enough extra weight to do better against attack.
Coach, or anyone else, if you could test that you'd have my thanks, as I did propose R145 be looked into for the CC list, and I'm planning to get a thread up for it in the next few days, once I've had a chance to get enough formal testing together (mostly trying to find a suitable wheel that will mainly make contact with the tracks and still be able to KO CS from there, despite the relative lack of speed my rubber tips are producing (though I might just use LRF as that is looking okay).

EDIT: From some quick trials, R145 actually seems straight up better. Will try to do testing tomorrow. (EDIT 2: HAHA OH WOW R145 IS BETTER BY A MILE).

Anyway, I was looking at this for the CC list and I think more testing is needed for the H145, seeing as R145 seems too risky to use with those issues against low opponents. That loss of weight might have effects elsewhere (I doubt it from trying it out but yeah), so things could do with re-testing, but as I said I'll try to do that myself when I have an MSF-H.
Was doing some more testing. Very disappointed vs same height defenders. Will post results later as I'm back to work after my Holiday brea and time is more LTD XD. Rather surprised as I had hope for this but seems to be another niche attack bey as I feel nearly all the attack wheels aside from Gravity have been in the LTD format.
Would really like help from other members, if you don't have H145 use R145 as that was my initial track I was hoping for...
Really? It seemed quite competent to me when I was playing around with it, perhaps I was using CS instead of RSF and was used to weaker attackers I'd been playing with....
I didn't notice it hadn't been tested against that already, but still that's rather strange, that should be the height it's best against. Man, now I'm really dying for that MSF-H Australia Post are sitting on over the weekend.

Also, RE being back to work: darn, I've really enjoyed your presence around this subforum, haha.

EDIT: Gave it another shot today against GB145RSF and it still seemed to do a pretty decent job, maybe you just got unlucky?
New tests up!

MSF-H Theif Phoenic H145R2F vs. Earth Sag II GB145RSF
Phoenic: 13 wins (0 OS, 13 KO)
Earth GB145: 7 wins (7 OS, 0 KO)
Phoenic win%: 65%

For Th!nk MSF-H Theif Phoenic H145R2F vs. Earth Sag II R145RSF
Phoenic: 9 wins (0 OS, 9 KO)
Earth R145: 11 wins (10 OS, 1 KO)
Phoenic win%: 45%

MSF-H Theif Phoenic H145R2F vs. Gravity Perseus D125RF Left Spin
Phoenic H145: 7 wins (0 OS, 7 KO)
Gravity: 13 wins (3 OS, 10 KO)
Phoenic H145 win %: 35%
That's honestly a solid result for a right spin attack type vs RSF.

And wow, R145 makes such a dramatic difference... That's scary.
Just wondering, did you get your Libra in yet?
Yes, he did. He made a MF-H Libra 85RF thread. Did you not see?

I'm note sure, but I believe this should of been PMed to him.
(Jan. 06, 2014  12:50 AM)" L Wrote: Yes, he did. He made a MF-H Libra 85RF thread. Did you not see?

I'm note sure, but I believe this should of been PMed to him.

Ahh. No I didn't see it, my mistake. I was just wondering if he was going to post my request on MF-H Libra 85 RSF against his combo
(Jan. 06, 2014  1:42 AM)Stamina. Wrote: Ahh. No I didn't see it, my mistake. I was just wondering if he was going to post my request on MF-H Libra 85 RSF against his combo
I'm sorry I did completely forget about it. I will get those posted ASAP, hopefully today. but yes I did make a MF-H Libra 85RF thread.
Also somebody has the parts they wish to see tested please post your testings. As I will get to them as soon as possible I can't guarantee it will be as soon as you'd like. And having multiple people do the same testing proves more accurate results as everybody is not the same.
nice counter, more effective than Bakushin!
Vs. Libra 85RSF
Phoenic: 1 win (0 OS, 1 KO)
Libra: 9 wins (6 OS, 3 KO)
Phoenic Win %: 10%
Tested this as part of my batch testing of chrome wheels for attack in Right Spin HERE

Spoilers: It's better than everything I have, including wyvang, in Right. I really love this combo haha.
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
Wow, Thanks for the tests guys. I think this combo is better than I was hoping for. Not perfect but given the format a great choice for attack.
I'd like to see this against MF-H libra 85RB Smile
No offense Stamina., but Libra doesn't do well on high tracks. Something Mid to Low works. Like Libra GB145RB or Libra 85RB ect.
Er, guys, IMO it's a little bit too soon to start testing things with RB... doing it purely for investigation into the actual Bottom itself is fine, as it helps the discussion whether or not to unban it in the future, but we're still a few weeks away from the update and there's no guarantee it'll make it on.

We should just leave things to RSF for now until RB actually becomes legal. We could end up with a slew of test results using illegal parts. XD
Ingulit said it was fine! But maybe you'd like to move to my RB Discussion thread. It's what I made it for, haha.
Well, yes, but what he meant was testing with RB specifically for evaluation to determine whether or not it should be removed from the ban list, not using it as a basis for Defense testing with other combinations.
What does this have to do w Theif Phoenic? Take it to a pm or the primer thread please....

(Jan. 10, 2014  1:55 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: I'd like to see this against MF-H libra 85RB Smile

Libra 85rsf is already tested. Won't make much difference...