[LTD] Burn Discussion

Fake tests (Click to View)
LOL, Scythe stomped it... XD

Yah, it's widely known that Burn is a beast for Stamina. It's super boss on LTSC. I'm actually surprised that it didn't do better against Earth though... I usually get 70-80%.
Oh, here are my own tests that I did a few weeks ago for something else :

Burn Cancer (Hasbro) 145WD vs. Earth Bull 145WD
Burn launched first : Earth 9 - Burn 1
Earth launched first : Earth 3 - Burn 7
Burn Cancer won 40%.

I think both Metal Wheels were the second moulds, also. Oddly I did not have two Bull Clear Wheels though, nor two Cancers.
Wow, Kai-V posted in my thread!

Um... I think both if mine was mold one. Thanks for the tests Kai-V. I'll be sure to take them into account.
Also, cause you never had the same Clear Wheels... It might be why your Earth got more. I'm not sure.
Take my burn tests from the other thread it went 50/50 with Scythe

Duo Cancer 230D vs Burn Cygnus 230D
Went 30 rounds, Th!nk requested to go till 20 OS
Duo: 17 wins (15 OS, 2 KO)
Burn: 13 wins (5 OS, 8 KO)
Duo's KO's were after a few consecutive hits and Burn came down on top of Duo, while Burn could get a few smashes. Round by round available if requested.

Scythe Cygnus 230 D vs Burn Cygnus 230D
Went 30 rounds to mirror Duo's test but didn't get to 20 OS
Scythe: 15 wins (7 OS, 8 KO)
Burn: 15 wins (10 OS, 5 KO)
again round by round available if requested

Burn vs Scythe was a lot more entertaining than one would expect for a "Stamina" Test. To me these (at least Scythe) are balance wheels. Scythe ended up laying quite a few good hits and some of Burn's KOs were from wall saves for itself and recoil by Scythe. Scythe also won some OS by destabilizing Burn getting underneath and making it bounce and wobble over. Scythe also lost a few rounds because of solid hits but burn stayed in the stadium and scythe lost a lot of stamina with those hits..

But either way I think I was most impressed by Burn because I expected Duo and Scythe to dominate it much more while burn more than held it's own vs the two Fury wheels.

(Jan. 01, 2014  2:06 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: LOL, Scythe stomped it... XD

Yah, it's widely known that Burn is a beast for Stamina. It's super boss on LTSC. I'm actually surprised that it didn't do better against Earth though... I usually get 70-80%.

Scythe on 230 while Burn was on 145...
For what it's worth, I've always preferred Earth over Burn as I've never found the latter to beat the former enough to be worth putting up with the recoil - figure my launch strength will get me across the line if I face down Burn with Earth, at least where I am.

For what it's worth, Bull I think actually deserves a spot on Burn for the CC list, it lines up real nice, unlike Cancer. Pegasis II does too, and has an amazing weight distribution (esp. the SonoKong version), but its recoil means it should only be used on tall tracks.

Thanks for the tests, everybody.
It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
(Oct. 19, 2014  9:46 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.

Are you seriously saying Crescent forged these tests? How do you know?
I was wondering why there were so many posts, I only see that if I'm offline for 30 minutes in the Summer.. Why would he fudge the results?
Edit: Kai-V He admitted it? I'd never imagine he'd do something like this.
Popularity. And he admitted it himself.
(Oct. 19, 2014  9:59 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2014  9:46 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.

Are you seriously saying Crescent forged these tests? How do you know?

Yep he did,and he told us.
I have a burn, I'll test when I will get a BB-10 Smile