Isn't Destroy' Outclassed?

Destroy' appears frequently in the winning combos thread but aren't there better parts?

It had a niche as the only consistently good lad driver with good burst resistance. (A good Volcanic' could outclass it in terms of same and opposite spin stamina but I get why it isn't used as often with how long it takes to "awaken")

We got more attack drivers with good lad and burst resistance in GT but they weren't really as safe as Destroy'. So again, understandable why it was so common. 

But we're in Superking now, parts like;
Charge', Xceed' +Z, Zone +Z seem to be straight up upgrades compared to Destroy'. Especially Charge'; it's got better same/opposite spin stamina, more weight/knock out resistance with a similar movement pattern. 
(There's footage of World 2B Charge' out spinning Ignition and Zone Z+ combos in opposite spin here: https://youtu.be/Ka34haFvpos there's one example at 02:10:52, not sure about others). 

There's also double chassis' for drivers that have good lad but poor burst resistance.

So... Why's it still often seen in winning combos? Is there any reason other than it being easier to find?
(Mar. 18, 2021  4:22 PM)tubitr Wrote: Destroy' appears frequently in the winning combos thread but aren't there better parts?

It had a niche as the only consistently good lad driver with good burst resistance. (A good Volcanic' could outclass it in terms of same and opposite spin stamina but I get why it isn't used as often with how long it takes to "awaken")

We got more attack drivers with good lad and burst resistance in GT but they weren't really as safe as Destroy'. So again, understandable why it was so common. 

Charge', Xceed' +Z, Zone +Z seem to be straight up upgrades compared to Destroy'. Especially Charge'; it's got better same/opposite spin stamina, more weight/knock out resistance with a similar movement pattern. 
(There's footage of World 2B Charge' out spinning Ignition and Zone Z+ combos in opposite spin here: https://youtu.be/Ka34haFvpos there's one example at 02:10:52, not sure about others). 

There's also double chassis' for drivers that have good lad but poor burst resistance.

So... Why's it still often seen in winning combos? Is there any reason other than it being easier to find?

destroy isn't outclassed
(Mar. 18, 2021  4:22 PM)tubitr Wrote: Destroy' appears frequently in the winning combos thread but aren't there better parts?

I agree. From my experiences, it's an average-good attack driver, but really Xtend+ has a better attack. So I'm not sure why
(Mar. 18, 2021  4:41 PM)SeaBASS90 Wrote:

I agree. From my experiences, it's an average-good attack driver, but really Xtend+ has a better attack. So I'm not sure why

I completely disagree. destroy is very good. It isn't outclassed

Uhh, I haven't seen Xtend+ on attack combos so idk if it's as good as you say it is. Xtend+'s arguably the best stamina driver tho, even if its attack mode was good you'd be missing out on a great stamina driver + you need to compensate for the burst risk somehow.

(Mar. 18, 2021  4:58 PM)Ryuga's Son Wrote: I completely disagree. destroy is very good. It isn't outclassed

In what matchup does Destroy' perform better than Charge'?

If you want an attack driver with good lad, Xc'+Z does a better flower pattern and has at least as good lad, there's Drift which is mobile, has the best lad and practically never bursts with a double chassis.

If you're looking for a more defensive combo that's still somewhat mobile with good lad Zone Z+ and Drift work better than Destroy'.

Destroy' is good yea, other parts seem better to me tho.
(Mar. 18, 2021  5:13 PM)tubitr Wrote:

Uhh, I haven't seen Xtend+ on attack combos so idk if it's as good as you say it is. Xtend+'s arguably the best stamina driver tho, even if its attack mode was good you'd be missing out on a great stamina driver + you need to compensate for the burst risk somehow.

(Mar. 18, 2021  4:58 PM)Ryuga's Son Wrote: I completely disagree. destroy is very good. It isn't outclassed

If you want an attack driver with good lad, Xc'+Z does a better flower pattern and has at least as good lad, there's Drift which is mobile, has the best lad and practically never bursts with a double chassis.

If you're looking for a more defensive combo that's still somewhat mobile with good lad Zone Z+ and Drift work better than Destroy'.

I never said it was the best. It's not outclassed, Outclassed is a an exaggeration. destroy' is good, but not the best. Tho it isn't outclassed.
(Mar. 18, 2021  5:15 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote:
(Mar. 18, 2021  5:13 PM)tubitr Wrote: Uhh, I haven't seen Xtend+ on attack combos so idk if it's as good as you say it is. Xtend+'s arguably the best stamina driver tho, even if its attack mode was good you'd be missing out on a great stamina driver + you need to compensate for the burst risk somehow.

I never said it was the best. It's not outclassed, Outclassed is a an exaggeration. destroy' is good, but not the best. Tho it isn't outclassed.

If there's another piece that does what destroy' but better, that means destroy is outclassed... 

That's what the word means isn't it?
Destroy' is a great attack driver, I don't see why it is outclassed
(Mar. 18, 2021  5:22 PM)tubitr Wrote:
(Mar. 18, 2021  5:15 PM)Ryuga\s Son Wrote: I never said it was the best. It's not outclassed, Outclassed is a an exaggeration. destroy' is good, but not the best. Tho it isn't outclassed.

If there's another piece that does what destroy' but better, that means destroy is outclassed... 

That's what the word means isn't it?

I think it means it was good before but now sucks
destroy ´does not suck
See, Destroy’ isn’t technically outclassed because it performs a special role that other drivers can’t quite fill. It’s a driver with great attack that also provides some solid LAD. You could argue that Xceed’+Z does the same thing, but it really just doesn’t have the same attack power as destroy’ does. It can be used on attack combos to give the combo some extra stamina if it needs it, or it can be used on attack/stamina hybrids so that it can attack, and if it doesn’t get good attacks in it can hopefully outspin the opponent.

Also, Charge’ might have better attack, but its stamina certainly isn’t better. That thing still has relatively lower stamina, especially compared to Destroy’. Xceed’ may have good attack, but it’s stamina is worse than Destroy’’s, and Zone’+Z has almost no attack power.
(Mar. 18, 2021  5:35 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: See, Destroy’ isn’t technically outclassed because it performs a special role that other drivers can’t quite fill. It’s a driver with great attack that also provides some solid LAD. You could argue that Xceed’+Z does the same thing, but it really just doesn’t have the same attack power as destroy’ does. It can be used on attack combos to give the combo some extra stamina if it needs it, or it can be used on attack/stamina hybrids so that it can attack, and if it doesn’t get good attacks in it can hopefully outspin the opponent.

I agree. Some drivers might be better than Destroy' but, it isn't outclassed.
(Mar. 18, 2021  5:35 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: See, Destroy’ isn’t technically outclassed because it performs a special role that other drivers can’t quite fill. It’s a driver with great attack that also provides some solid LAD. You could argue that Xceed’+Z does the same thing, but it really just doesn’t have the same attack power as destroy’ does. It can be used on attack combos to give the combo some extra stamina if it needs it, or it can be used on attack/stamina hybrids so that it can attack, and if it doesn’t get good attacks in it can hopefully outspin the opponent.

Also, Charge’ might have better attack, but its stamina certainly isn’t better. That thing still has relatively lower stamina, especially compared to Destroy’. Xceed’ may have good attack, but it’s stamina is worse than Destroy’’s, and Zone’+Z has almost no attack power.

I've linked a tournament where World 2B Charge' is out spinning Zone' Z+ and Ignition' combos in opposite spin, Destroy' can't do that without 00/10Expand afaik. Not entirely sure about same spin stamina but I figured the weight distribution and not having a jagged tip would push it ahead of Destroy'. 

Destroy' having better attack than Xceed' Z+ is news to me, I can't get it to reliably keep a flower pattern and even when it does its speed doesn't seem great. I haven't messed around much with Xc'+Z but my initial impression was that it could do the flower pattern decently well and moved fast.
Destroy/Destroy' is mainly used when people want to run attack types but lay back a little safe, in case they want to out spin something in opposite spin w/ LAD. While still dishing out good attacks. Otherwise, people use tips like Hunter', Quick', and Xtreme'
(Mar. 18, 2021  6:40 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: Destroy/Destroy' is mainly used when people want to run attack types but lay back a little safe, in case they want to out spin something in opposite spin w/ LAD. While still dishing out good attacks. Otherwise, people use tips like Hunter', Quick', and Xtreme'

That's what I figured but Charge/Charge'/Drift/Xc' Z+ are arguably better at doing this.

Hence me asking "isnt it outclassed"
(Mar. 18, 2021  6:45 PM)tubitr Wrote:
(Mar. 18, 2021  6:40 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: Destroy/Destroy' is mainly used when people want to run attack types but lay back a little safe, in case they want to out spin something in opposite spin w/ LAD. While still dishing out good attacks. Otherwise, people use tips like Hunter', Quick', and Xtreme'

That's what I figured but Charge/Charge'/Drift/Xc' Z+ are arguably better at doing this.

Hence me asking "isnt it outclassed"

Xc isn't always reliable. Drift is bad for attack and charge is kinda not good. Destroy has popped up in more winning combos than any of these drivers.
(Mar. 18, 2021  7:01 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: Destroy has popped up in more winning combos than any of these drivers.

... Yea I know, that's why I opened this thread (and asked "So... Why's it still often seen in winning combos? Is there any reason other than it being easier to find?")

You say Drift is bad for Attack but Rage 3A/2S on Drift has been very dominant in Korea, Japan and the Philippines. (It appears a few times in recent wbo tournaments too).

I also didn't think much of Charge' until watching some Korean tournaments. (It out spun Zone Z+ and properly worn down Ignition' in opposite spin! That's way beyond "kinda not good")

Tbh I don't have much first hand experience with Xc' but it seems really good from Kei's Beybase articles. https://beybase.com/beyblade-burst-spark...et-review/ here's Kei talking about how good Rage 3A Xceed' Z+ is, and on the Jet Wyvern article you'll find that Xc' Z+ on Rage 3A did better vs Jet/World on Drift compared to X'
(Mar. 18, 2021  7:31 PM)tubitr Wrote:
(Mar. 18, 2021  7:01 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: Destroy has popped up in more winning combos than any of these drivers.

... Yea I know, that's why I opened this thread (and asked "So... Why's it still often seen in winning combos? Is there any reason other than it being easier to find?")

You say Drift is bad for Attack but Rage 3A/2S on Drift has been very dominant in Korea, Japan and the Philippines. (It appears a few times in recent wbo tournaments too).

I also didn't think much of Charge' until watching some Korean tournaments. (It out spun Zone Z+ and properly worn down Ignition' in opposite spin! That's way beyond "kinda not good")

Tbh I don't have much first hand experience with Xc' but it seems really good from Kei's Beybase articles. https://beybase.com/beyblade-burst-spark...et-review/ here's Kei talking about how good Rage 3A Xceed' Z+ is, and on the Jet Wyvern article you'll find that Xc' Z+ on Rage 3A did better vs Jet/World on Drift compared to X'

Then again, the meta in the WBBA and WBO can vary a lot sometimes. Xc' is very good, but like volcanic, it can lead to self KO. But as I said, people use destroy because of its lad and decent to good attack potential. I don't think I've seen much use of charge in the WBO. But drift is questionable, it's kinda like the tact layer.
(Mar. 18, 2021  7:31 PM)tubitr Wrote: You say Drift is bad for Attack but Rage 3A/2S on Drift has been very dominant in Korea, Japan and the Philippines. (It appears a few times in recent wbo tournaments too).

Drift as a pure attack driver, is frankly garbage. Sure, the LAD can probably allow Rage 3A and such to win via outspin against right spins, but that wouldn't be because of attack anymore. Its like calling Octa better than Xtreme' or Evolution because Judgement Diabolos Blitz/0 Octa used to burst almost anything that wasn't Lord.

And I'm legitimately curious by what you mean by Philiphine tournaments using Drift given that;

1. WBO has very few active members in my country, and I don't believe there's anyone else but me and I guess you that would be around to host tournaments?
2. Bankee Trading's official tournaments wouldn't allow the use of Drift to begin with given that Beyblades in our SM stores are still in the GT season, and you can't use products that don't have their distributor's sticker(which, at the moment is anything released after Bigbang Genesis) regardless of authenticity.
A simple answer to your question, in my opinion, is because Destroy' is so much safer than most of the other options. There is very little self KO risk, yet it still has good attack, stamina, and LAD. That all in one driver is going to make it popular. With that said, this info about Charge is new to me. Interesting that it outspun Zone' +Z.
(Mar. 19, 2021  12:09 AM)Shido-kun Wrote:
(Mar. 18, 2021  7:31 PM)tubitr Wrote: You say Drift is bad for Attack but Rage 3A/2S on Drift has been very dominant in Korea, Japan and the Philippines. (It appears a few times in recent wbo tournaments too).

Drift as a pure attack driver, is frankly garbage. Sure, the LAD can probably allow Rage 3A and such to win via outspin against right spins, but that wouldn't be because of attack anymore. Its like calling Octa better than Xtreme' or Evolution because Judgement Diabolos Blitz/0 Octa used to burst almost anything that wasn't Lord.

And I'm legitimately curious by what you mean by Philiphine tournaments using Drift given that;

1. WBO has very few active members in my country, and I don't believe there's anyone else but me and I guess you that would be around to host tournaments?
2. Bankee Trading's official tournaments wouldn't allow the use of Drift to begin with given that Beyblades in our SM stores are still in the GT season, and you can't use products that don't have their distributor's sticker(which, at the moment is anything released after Bigbang Genesis) regardless of authenticity.

I might be mistaken but I thought Papabey and Mack the Burst were in the Philippines ?
(this is gonna be so embarrassing if I'm wrong LMAO)

Black Cat Hobbies had a tournament in Las Pinas City (this is in the Philippines I think). They both have YouTube channels that focus on competitive combos and they also analyse their tournament matches. I first saw Rage Drift in their tournaments, you might want to check it out!

They use the Wbba 5G format tho, not WBO's deck format.
(Mar. 19, 2021  12:56 AM)tubitr Wrote: I might be mistaken but I thought Papabey and Mack the Burst were in the Philippines ?
(this is gonna be so embarrassing if I'm wrong LMAO)

MackTheBurst certainly is, since both his Lazada and Shopee stores lists him as being in Metro Manila. Which makes sense since my orders from him usually only take around 2 days to arrive, but I don't remember him ever hosting tournaments.

And as for Papabey; I know he's a Filipino but I don't remember if lives in the Philiphines. My stupid carp forgot to check the area where his tournament was held in when Kei linked it in one of his blogs. It would be awesome if he is, though.

Quote:Black Cat Hobbies had a tournament in Las Pinas City (this is in the Philippines I think). They both have YouTube channels that focus on competitive combos and they also analyse their tournament matches. I first saw Rage Drift in their tournaments, you might want to check it out!

They use the Wbba 5G format tho, not WBO's deck format.

Yeah, I remember seeing this in a Facebook group. I don't really know how that went tho. But regardless, I wouldn't say Drift is an attack driver in the same vein as the usual choices like Xtreme'
(Mar. 19, 2021  1:15 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: I wouldn't say Drift is an attack driver in the same vein as the usual choices like Xtreme'

And I agree, but it's used on LAD/Attack combos, just like Destroy'. That's why I'm comparing the 2.
(Mar. 19, 2021  1:36 AM)tubitr Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2021  1:15 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: I wouldn't say Drift is an attack driver in the same vein as the usual choices like Xtreme'

And I agree, but it's used on LAD/Attack combos, just like Destroy'. That's why I'm comparing the 2.

I'd argue that Drift is about as much of an attack type as Mobius or Atomic. It moves a lot when launched hard, but other than that it's nothing like an attack-type part. No control, no managable pattern to speak of, etc.

And yes, I'm aware that other attack-type drivers fit that description (Impact, Volcanic, sometimes Hold, etc) but my point still stands. If it only acts aggressive when launched at a certain power, that's not an attack type, that's physics.
(Mar. 19, 2021  1:49 AM)BladerGem Wrote: I'd argue that Drift is about as much of an attack type as Mobius or Atomic. It moves a lot when launched hard, but other than that it's nothing like an attack-type part. No control, no managable pattern to speak of, etc.

And yes, I'm aware that other attack-type drivers fit that description (Impact, Volcanic, sometimes Hold, etc) but my point still stands. If it only acts aggressive when launched at a certain power, that's not an attack type, that's physics.

Well, even if it's not an attack type Driver (which I never claimed it is), it's being used in attack type-ish combinations. Whether it's defined as an attack type part doesn't really matter.

The main point of using Destroy on combos is to outspin opposite spin stuff you can't reliably KO with other attack types right? Drift fills the same role. Maybe wording it as "You use Rage with Drift so you can KO same spin opponents that Drift wouldn't be able to OS" is more fitting but the end result is the same:

Something that moves around enough to KO opponents while having good lad.
(Mar. 18, 2021  4:22 PM)tubitr Wrote: (...)There's footage of World 2B Charge' out spinning Ignition and Zone Z+ combos in opposite spin here: https://youtu.be/Ka34haFvpos there's one example at 02:10:52, not sure about others (...)

The channel uploaded a new video where you can properly see the tip of Charge', it looks very worn down. Maybe that's why it has suprisingly good opposite spin stamina?
https://i.gyazo.com/4a852f89c3236e5abebc...37ee83.png

Here's a timestamp if anyone wants to see for themselves https://youtu.be/poNxE7400mk?t=3