How to clean your metal wheel.

Poll: Does It work ?

yes! its awesome!!
72.73%
No!!!
27.27%
Total: 100% 44 vote(s)
well,GPegasus,thanks for your help!
i can finish the toothpaste tube faster and my mom will think i brush my teeth thrice a day!
thank you!
anyways,i heard that mixing Colgate toothpaste and some talcum powder,it creates a strong bond as good as cement.
can i use that to fill the solution to fill the scratches on my spiral/screw fusion wheel?
anyways,i wasn't advertising for Colgate(incase,you thought,hah!)
I used pepsodent whiteing paste.It worked.I think I used my paste after a month,lol XD
Toothpaste?! I think you should try it with a cleaning spray.
Just get Acetone, soak it, then rub off any grime, then dry it off and blow on it/use compressed air.
I'll share my technique of maintaining the shine of my metal wheels.

I recommend a daily non-stop battling routine to keep beyblades shining. (2 hours a day at the very least) I know it sounds completely ridiculous but my rock fusion wheel has kept a tremendous shine for over a year now, and it's very smooth. I have some used spare parts that have been neglected from battle and they have developed a dull gray color and they have this rough, granular texture to them.
(May. 13, 2014  1:49 AM)Kalthesuperior Wrote: I'll share my technique of maintaining the shine of my metal wheels.

I recommend a daily non-stop battling routine to keep beyblades shining. (2 hours a day at the very least) I know it sounds completely ridiculous but my rock fusion wheel has kept a tremendous shine for over a year now, and it's very smooth. I have some used spare parts that have been neglected from battle and they have developed a dull gray color and they have this rough, granular texture to them.

Actually, battling them that much would just make the go gray and lose shine faster.
(May. 13, 2014  2:05 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote:
(May. 13, 2014  1:49 AM)Kalthesuperior Wrote: I'll share my technique of maintaining the shine of my metal wheels.

Actually, battling them that much would just make the go gray and lose shine faster.
no offence but fake beys has always shined even battling so I think it's fakeUnhappy
(May. 13, 2014  2:07 AM)Pokemo Wrote:
(May. 13, 2014  2:05 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote:

no offence but fake beys has always shined even battling so I think it's fakeUnhappy

I don't believe mine are fake. I get all of my beys from those hasbro packages. I buy them from wal-mart

The metal wheels will oxidize more when in disuse.
gets some some stuff called brasso from offline or walmart
(May. 13, 2014  11:24 PM)nosferatu Wrote: gets some some stuff called brasso from offline or walmart
I suppose it might work but it costs money
(May. 13, 2014  11:24 PM)nosferatu Wrote: gets some some stuff called brasso from offline or walmart

I believe that's been said a few times already on this thread...

Anyways, I've used my money already for beyblades XD so I'm trying to come up with ways of trying to maintain the shine for as long as possible before it becomes dull.

Since the wheel oxidizes from prolonged air exposure, covering it in a damp rag may help when the wheel is not in use.
To make my metal wheel shiny I just use brasso,and a steel wool brillo pad.

+1 to this. Brasso works it costs $2.68 for 8oz at our Walmart.
I should probably do this.
Effective on used Weight Disks?
I'm sure if you dumped your metal wheels in a bowl of coca-cola, and then let it sit for an hour it'll clean it up. i don't know if it'll work, but coca-cola has been used to clean a lot of things. and people drink that stuff.
If you wanna remove dents, just use sandpaper to scrape the area with the dents.
The surface will become shiny, and the dents will disappear.
my best technique is to cover it in dish soap, than scrub it in. (no water yet!) then fill up a little container or something with really hot water, and drop the wheel in. works like a charm!
(Apr. 06, 2016  9:05 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: my best technique is to cover it in dish soap, than scrub it in. (no water yet!) then fill up a little container or something with really hot water, and drop the wheel in. works like a charm!

Whoa!
Does it remove the dents?
Joyful_2
(Apr. 06, 2016  8:57 AM)Shinji Wrote: If you wanna remove dents, just use sandpaper to scrape the area with the dents.

I would advise against using sandpaper.
Sanding your beyblades is considered modification since you're purposefully changing the shape of the beyblade and would make it illegal for tournament use.

I sorta like the dented look since it gives it a bit of character.

If you want to make it shiny you could use some metal polish and a cloth. It's somewhat toxic so you should be careful with it, but it is considered tournament legal. It won't remove dents though.

Toothpaste on the metal wheel doesn't seem to work for me. Makes it pretty minty and fresh smelling though.
(Apr. 06, 2016  9:40 PM)juncction Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2016  8:57 AM)Shinji Wrote: If you wanna remove dents, just use sandpaper to scrape the area with the dents.

I would advise against using sandpaper.
Sanding your beyblades is considered modification since you're purposefully changing the shape of the beyblade and would make it illegal for tournament use.

I sorta like the dented look since it gives it a bit of character.

If you want to make it shiny you could use some metal polish and a cloth. It's somewhat toxic so you should be careful with it, but it is considered tournament legal. It won't remove dents though.

Toothpaste on the metal wheel doesn't seem to work for me. Makes it pretty minty and fresh smelling though.

It doesn't seems to work. But if you polish for long time it, it will work

I still prefer metal polish.
Just use metal polish, seriously.
I use this stuff called Bar Keepers Friend, Cleanser and Polish you can get it at a lot of places for cheap get your Metal Wheel wet with hot water put some of the bar keeper on a toothbrush and brush the beyblade until new and shiny works so good it looks like it just came out of package
Over the years I've tried several metal polishes, but I find a metal polish called Nevr Dull to be the most effective. It's a cotton like material that you rub on the metal wheel and wipe away with a cloth. Not only is it inexpensive, but it doesn't leave any gunk or mess like cream metal polishes. The only downside is that it has a strong odor.