How many Languages do you know?

English, Mandarin, Cantonese, some Changshunese, French (school), Latin (school), Greek (school), Spanish (school) and a lesser amount of German which I took for 2 years.
Italian, English, French, Spanish, Latin (school) and a little bit of Japanese (:
I know these languages
1)Tagalog
2)English
that's all,maybe...
Caos3 thats quite a lot of languages, i know hindi, english, marathi, malyalam, tamil i can former the first three and speek the latter 2
I'm going to take 3 years of Japanese in High School. I hope to become fluent in it.
(Mar. 01, 2011  9:43 AM)Nano Wrote: I'm going to take 3 years of Japanese in High School. I hope to become fluent in it.

Three years doesn't mean you're going to be fluent. I'm currently in Japanese 3 in my school, and I'm no where near fluent.

I'm barely trilingual, knowing English, some Japanese and a little bit of Tagalog.

You can't really call that trilingual, haha.
i can speak these Languages
English

i know not many Smile
Bye
From StormPegy
I'm bilingual. I know English (First known language) and Tagalog (National language). I also know a little of 1337(If that counts).

OkiBlaze, is it true you are Filipino? (By blood of course, not by citizenship)
(Mar. 01, 2011  9:43 AM)Nano Wrote: I'm going to take 3 years of Japanese in High School. I hope to become fluent in it.

I just have to say that practice each night, verbally and from the book are far from getting you to be fluent. Of course, you need to learn from a book at first to get the basics down, then you must reinforce what you learned; this is generally harder for people who do not have Japanese parents, or do not have access to a community in which Japanese people come together.

... But I doubt where you live doesn't have a place where Japanese people come together. In fact, try looking for a Japanese language school in your area. Mine in Vancouver does cultural things, so it's easy for me to get immersed in the culture and language.

Just remember that in order for you to be fluent in a new language, you must be open-minded, get the basics down from a book taught by a teacher, and then immerse yourself in the culture and language, usually by going to the country, which is what I plan to do in a few years (I just have to finish university.....).

Oki's lucky to live in Japan, but Okinawa is a tad bit different from the rest of Japan, if I'm correct.

I wish my school had a Japanese class, but I am currently learning Japanese online.
I know English and Spanish(School). But I can decipher other languages.
If all variations of Gibberish count, then I know oo languages.
(Mar. 03, 2011  3:21 AM)Plasma Apples Wrote: I know English and Spanish(School). But I can decipher other languages.
.. What?
Do you mean you can understand every single other language on the planet? If you do so by birth, you should be swimming in money, paparazzi and all over youtube as the child who inconspicuously can fluently understand every language we have to date.
Honestly, be more descriptive because that doesn't make any sense.
I can speak japanese which i lerned some from watching animes like hitman reborn and gundum with the subs.I also know how to speak spanish from high school.
i know how to speek a little spanish but nothing special.
I know to speak languages which almost none knows:
1.Malayalam
2.Hindi
3.English
4.And going to study French Online.
(Mar. 01, 2011  8:50 PM)桃太郎 Wrote: Oki's lucky to live in Japan, but Okinawa is a tad bit different from the rest of Japan, if I'm correct.

Correct, in both culture and language. Hogen is the Okinawan language, which is totally different compared to Japanese.

Delta Blader, yes, I am Filipino by blood.
I speak English and Spanish, and understand, but don't speak, Tamil and Hindi.

And Delta Blader, if 1337 counts, then I know that too. And from experience, I know that Odin knows it too.
English and 日本語 (Nihongo Japanese)
Nice; do you live in Japan?
i kow chinnes maderine and cantonnes spanish japensse french english veitnamess
and can speak write and understand them all
i'm sorry this is a lol post so i know english beyblade pokemon yu-gi-oh and maybe some japan bakugan
My first language is Korean and i can speak japanese little..
my main spoken language is English and i learning french , Spanish ,Swahili, Zulu and as of a suggestion of a TA that was in my class i my try to learn Japanese.