How many Languages do you know?

(May. 11, 2009  6:12 AM)To Wrote: I can only fully speak English.

But I can talk my way through things in Portuguese, as well as Italian (why I chose to learn Italian, I haven't a clue). I suck at French, and Japanese. Despite having 9 years of French language learning. But hey, blame the Ontario school system not me.

I gave up on French after Grade 9. Didn't care to learn it
German as my primary language and English. Latin, but I can only read and translate it since nobody speaks it anymore. And a tiny little bit of French, but I would still be lost if I went to France.
Main: Turkish,English
Other: Japanese (Been learning for 1,5 Years Now)
German and English fluent, Latin some reading (4 years, forgot most of it during the summer holidays after my last year of Latin), currently learning Japanese (3rd year), Hungarian and Spanish (both 1st year)
Planning to learn: Italian, Polish, Korean and Turkish
I have a knack for learning languages^^
uhm.. i know Norwegian, english, a bit swedish, a bit danish, some polish, some german, and thats about it. ^^
I can speak fluently Portuguese and English and I know a little something of French and Spanish.
I wish there was japanese in my school because I love it soo much! Unhappy
I'm not a Japanese fanatic but I just think Japanese suonds and looks cool.
I speak english and greek(well, only a little bit of greek)...Unhappy
I speak English, French and Spanish. I know a little Russian, Japanese and Mandarin.
I don't know why French is the mandatory language. I mean, why is French more important than Spanish, or Italian?
Italian is the mandatory second language in Australia, we have alot of italian's here so it makes sense lol.
Apart from English I can speak german pretty fluently (i guess thats what you get after you study it for 6 years XD
(May. 27, 2009  3:01 PM)Giga Wrote: I don't know why French is the mandatory language. I mean, why is French more important than Spanish, or Italian?
French is quite important. I think it is the second 'most spread' language, after English. People speak it in Canada, in the United States, in Europe and in Africa.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_language
http://www.fll.vt.edu/French/whyfrench.html

Plus, apparently a lot of English vocabulary comes from Old and common French :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_lan...rd_origins
Oh, cool. Thanks for that Kai Smile
(May. 27, 2009  3:01 PM)Giga Wrote: I don't know why French is the mandatory language. I mean, why is French more important than Spanish, or Italian?

But why Italian,(it's really only the official language of Italy)? :\

I'd say English is obviously mandatory since it's like the universal language, then French and Spanish (many countries have those as their official language and their the most popular languages after English in the world )
I can speak english, we do french at school and Ive been doing french 3 years. I can also speak arabic (to some extent) because I used to live in the middle east.
2 english and spanish but im learnin french
English
Tiny bit of German
Tiny French
Tiny SPanish
Mediocre Japanese
Partially fluent Arabic
Three:

English
Spanish (Level 1)
American Sign Language (Level 1)
(Jun. 02, 2009  4:17 PM)fragbait Wrote: Does 1337 count?

whoaaa did i travel back in time seven years?
I'm also starting to learn Japanese now Smile