Homemade Beyblades

I always planned to make a beyblade, or just a top. I have a bottle cap, a washer, a pin bottom that is great for a tip, a screw, and another, thinish washer.

How should I make my top? What material should I get that's cheap?

Thanks!
THAT LOOKS REALLY HEAVY THOUGH ^^^^ HOW MUCH DOES IT WEIGH??
what do you mean :?
what its just a feyoo washers
Looking back at my old posts, why was I such an idiot.

Well recently, I took two washers then wrapped a rubber band around it. And decided to glue a spare HMS core. It was great for spin-stealing, but it took a wrong turn against Spiral Giraffe 85R2F.

And for everyone I irritated on this thread. I am truly sorry.

For my so-called 'endeavours' I boasted about were washers glued to pins spun by floss.

I can post pictures if wanted, might have one lying around.
beyblade are made of 1 part metal rest plastic

I made a working beyblade out of junk & it was fun.
Hi, I made a homemade stadium, but it does work too well cuz it's made of wood and is flat with 4 walls and four openings like the wide box stadium. Also, one of the side is slanted, Unhappy but its still pretty cool.

Heres my upgraded grip, (now i have a real version of 3 segment):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu3KyBI4484

Heres our illegal combos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdgKPg4sggo

Also, i made a beyblade from soap when soap carving for school.
(Mar. 07, 2009  10:52 PM)Minion Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2009  3:48 PM)Aqua_24 Wrote: Homemade blades wouldn't work all that well especially if your using things like a bottle cap. If you had access to Rapid Prototyping Machine, that would be awesome.

Can you imagine what thise would do for our community?

http://www.dimensionprinting.com/

For once, high school is worthwhile. They have that exact 3D printer, and my teacher says I should be able to print stuff out whenever I want. I just learned how to use auto desk inventor software (a type of 3D modeling software by the same company that makes autocad) and plan to use it. I am currently working on BD145, 230 and BD145 Scout ver. spin tracks. When I finish and 3D print them, I will post pics here.

Edit: also, my dad owns a machine shop and can make stuff out of metal. Hehehe. And I might be getting my own 3D printer soon!
(Aug. 22, 2009  8:57 AM)axe_ninja Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2009  8:08 PM)firelord767 Wrote: I know why- oh oh pick me pick me!

It looks big and espensive and Dangerous!

I can get a motor from RadioShack to spin stuff, but not fast enough to like, mold it or change it in any way.

dangerous? its just your basic power tool dangerous i tihnk. you guys telling my you werent even gonna use say ... an electic sander? thats considered dangerous, very usful indeed. im quite tempted to make my own high performance spinning top now (if only my dad didnt sell his lathe Unhappy )

Yah, my dad has one. It huge. A little smaller then a car. Not a power tool.

Edit: sorry about the double post.
I don't have fancy machining tool or 3d printer.
Just used drill press, bench grinder and hand filer.
So my result is lousy but it works. Smile
Before Cut
[Image: mqdefault.jpg]
First Cut
Second Cut
Final Cut

My first homemade beyblade part due to getting fed up with lack of weight and shattering weight disks, a heavier weight disk made from 2 bits of 2mm thick mild steel and turned out well balanced considering done with a grinder and file.

As fitted to a wolborg base with Dranzer V2 attack ring, left spin gear and 2.5mm metal shaft with domed point at the end (bit of a random bitser really)

Started making a 3mm thick aluminium Dragoon G attack ring to see if i could do something a bit more intricate and it be balanced ok, it was a bit rough and could come loose against an opposite spin blade and make it lose balance easy but turned out a success although not yet able to hold a bit chip

the two combined work well against normal plastics, happily pulls attack rings off reverse spinning blades.

next thinking of moving onto more metal parts, getting them laser cut in steel so they are more realistic to the original anime series and have better spin times but are more interchangeablelike being able to flip attack rings so they can be used in left or right spin
Stashed somewhere away in my overflowing bey box I have a few clay beys I made a couple of years ago that were competitive with MFB beys (albeit somewhat easy to shatter)
Had a quick go at making a rough version of a Dranzer F attack ring on the computer. It is so laser cut steel can be bolted together allowing for customising of attack rings and also so that the right spin or left spin only rings problem can be avoided. Weighs about 72grams and is estimated around £10 cost in stainless steel including the bolts.

It's not of the best attack ring designs ever made and is basic with no upper attack but what do you all think about it or the idea?
lowen93, please put large images in Spoilers. I edited your posts.

Spoiler code :

Code:
[spoiler] Put image link here [/spoiler]
BD145 scout ver.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/imagesys.jpg/

Printed yesterday, and I picked it up today! It fits very snugly with the 145 that fits inside of it. Unfortunately, it can't be used with hell, as I made the inner cut-out too small. If you can't tell, or don't feel like looking for the differences between BD145 scout ver. and the original BD145, they are as follows. Instead of three claw like protrusions, there are four for even weight distribution. Also, I got rid of the downward protrusions that can scrape the stadium floor.

Hope you like it!
I've got to know, why are you not using your custom launchers on these?
When I had my beys taken away, I made a few fake beys, and I've been working on this giant beyblade for a while, but I've only built the track and performance tip.
I could use custom launcher. They are solid one piece except the top cover. Smile
I have made made 2 homemade beyblades that are both pretty good. One is a low to the ground defense and the other is a balance. I am working on an attack type. I would post pictures but for some reason I can't figure out how.
I made a homemade beyblade, and it beat a takara NIB phamtom orion, and that was before it was updated, ill do a video once I finish the updates.
I made a motorised bey it is still being made i just started it yesterday i am still using the metal ring from earth virgo but the rest i made this is just a prototype so later on i will make one that is even better and without the use of bluetack but instead screws and superglue and solderTongue_outJoyful_2
A motorized bey? Wow, that is awesome! Please upload a video, I gotta see that!
(Jul. 26, 2010  5:36 AM)Yugata-chan Wrote: Heyy! I am new here.
I have some blueprints of beyblades I'm going to make. Galux and my own beyblade called "Danathos"

I will make a clay mold, and the material of parts will be aluminium...

If you want to see, I can show you my "promo Attack Ring of Galux" (made of many layers of paper) and a blueprint of my Danathos.

Sorry about my bad English, I am just a 19 years old girl from Europe, Finland...