Homemade Beyblades

for a plastic will hot glue from a hot glue gun make a good substitue for plastic? or WILL IT COMPLETELY FAIL?
cause if it will work i have a clay mould which i can crack and take out the custom piece when its done
It sets quite well, but its sort of rubbery. You can set things inside which is quite handy, I had to use it to make some feet once. It had a bolt set into it so you could bolt the feet onto the bottom of boxes. I think you'd need some structure inside it otherwise it wouldn't be able to take its own weight.
If I had a spare Wolborg MS, let me tell you what, there would be a MFB Bearing Core base. It would tie in perfectly with my story.
(Aug. 04, 2011  9:38 PM)snakebite Wrote: It sets quite well, but its sort of rubbery. You can set things inside which is quite handy, I had to use it to make some feet once. It had a bolt set into it so you could bolt the feet onto the bottom of boxes. I think you'd need some structure inside it otherwise it wouldn't be able to take its own weight.

would some sort of wire skeleton inside the main points which get hit and around all the other parts suffice? also would a clay mold work? or would it have to bey something like metal, which i can get to. If i can use a clay mold, then i can make my own beys!
well.. i have created a bey i have named it sythen screw its made by a part of a part in my old beys,some screws,a part which i got from my old beys and the tip is like FS it spins awesome!!
could you post a pic BEYBOOST? sounds quite interesting, how long does it spin?
(Aug. 06, 2011  12:38 PM)Nwolf Wrote: would some sort of wire skeleton inside the main points which get hit and around all the other parts suffice? also would a clay mold work? or would it have to bey something like metal, which i can get to. If i can use a clay mold, then i can make my own beys!

I was thinking more along the lines of having something metal as the tip or inside the tip. A hot glue blade will be fairly heavy I think. Plastics generation blades are hollowed to remove weight, I think if you have a lot of weight standing on a plastic tip there's a chance it won't spin very well or just have bad stability.

You could put some wire in the attack ring but I don't think you'd need to really, the glue goes rubbery and is quite hard to tear. By the looks a clay mold will work, it seems that you need to put vaselene/cooking oil in the mold to stop the glue from sticking to it.

Here's an article about molding with hot glue:
http://www.instructables.com/id/hot-glue-molding/
I don't think weight will be a problem, i'm also currently waiting for my metal tip bearing to come from my school which has a laser cutter!!!! i just needed to know if the mold would work, also i kinda want it to be heavy as i'm planning on making a bey that will stay in one spot. the heavier it seems the better to a point
Hey guys, I was wondering if any one with a 3D printer, or metal/plastic crafting skills could help me?
I have the plans for a really epic Bey, but no resources. And I doubt my family would let me melt and mold metal, so would someone be able to put my designs into a real bey that i can buy???
someone one youtube has done is before but it was a plastic gen like blade
(Jun. 10, 2011  2:33 AM)Hero of Ooo Wrote: dude omg. my dad got a 3D printer. :o

ive never heard of them before
have you made anything yet?

plz reply
I put a thumb tack and pushed it in a rubber flat and it works really well
(Sep. 05, 2009  2:55 PM)Medz Wrote: Well I made my k-nex ones, but I also made 2 motorised ones. The only way to beat one and other is if one of them falls down. xD Which happens alot since theyre abit off-balanced. Its nothing but a mini toy fan motor with a little rounded plastic piece at the bottom that allows it to spin properly. Theres a small watch battery glued ontop with 2 wires, so thats the power source.

hey..... i didnt know u played medabots online....... cool! i havent heard of anyone that liked medabots in a VERY long time
i made one out of wood but it broke........ wood isnt a very good replacement!!!
(Dec. 29, 2011  3:07 AM)UltraStriker Wrote: I put a thumb tack and pushed it in a rubber flat and it works really well

A thumbtack in an RF? How does it perform?
This is a picture of a homemade "Beyblade" type Blade I made my son. I am in the process of making another one for my daughter.

[Image: 100_0357.jpg]

[Image: 100_0360.jpg]
(Mar. 18, 2012  5:08 PM)Crudeone Wrote: This is a picture of a homemade "Beyblade" type Blade I made my son. I am in the process of making another one for my daughter.

[Image: 100_0357.jpg]

[Image: 100_0360.jpg]
Holy snax!!!!(lol), I soooo wish i was your son XD. By the way, would you mind making a battle video?
Loooking good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I found a tip that I made works pretty well: you need a hole flat tip, a launcher screw, and the rubber piece of a cs tip. You put the screw from the top to the bottom of the tip and slide the rubber over the screw.
I need help finding out how to make a homade beyblade I havent figrd out how to make one yet
what's a BB? and whats out from wood
(Apr. 25, 2012  8:43 PM)nightleon2001 Wrote: I need help finding out how to make a homade beyblade I havent figrd out how to make one yet
what's a BB? and whats out from wood
To make a homemade Beyblade you either need a 3D printer or a modified bey. And I hope your sig is sarcastic O_O.
I don't think thats a sig... I think its a modification xD
(Mar. 07, 2009  11:52 PM)Ash Wrote: I can make a blade out of a pin (with those flat tips)
a useless lego block (push the pin inside, took me a while)

then i dont know what to use for an attack ring

take a cd and cut it the size of a er,duh!

just got a new stadeum,just need to mod it first
zero g hasbro stadium i cut the sides off
not the best representation of the spinning
sory I got my own

its called night wariars <@Wink