Hasbro's Beyblade Burst: OUT in Canada, First Photos [LOTS of images]

Hopefully, yes. However as long as Japanese Launchers work I am happy enough.

I suspect the weak launchers are intentional by TT. Also, the design is clearly based on the Proto Launcher, even the handle of the winder is the same, but they made the winder itself really bad. lol

I think they are aiming this at extremely young kids.
At some point I imagine Hasbro will make their own Beyloggers and Beylaunchers, it's shown frequently in the show and it won't get changed for the English release because unlike the Beyblades, the launchers and Beyloggers are hand-drawn elements and will not be changed.
(Sep. 04, 2016  1:32 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think they are aiming this at extremely young kids.

On the packaging it does say "Ages 8+"

Although I think that might be a bit of an overstatement
(Sep. 04, 2016  1:24 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Stadium (I got the big yellow one) doesn't seem great. . .

How decent are either stadiums at stopping flying parts after a burst, at least?

I went to try and find a stadium this morning, but alas the clerk at the TRU where I bought my S2 and R2 told me she'd put the stadiums earlier this week and that they were all gone already. The second and only TRU is sticking to the release date, so no Beys for a couple of days still.
I wasn't really paying attention for that in the little bit I played, but will report back.
I wouldn't plan on a Beylogger. It doesn't seem to fit in their ecosystem at all.
(Sep. 04, 2016  3:28 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: I wouldn't plan on a Beylogger. It doesn't seem to fit in their ecosystem at all.

yea Hasbro hasn't given us any way to keep track of our points/win lose record before (no Beypointer in MFB) so i'm not entirely sure whether they would be willing to do something like that but I wouldn't completely rule it out either
No way the Beylogger is coming with these dollar-store quality launchers lol
(Sep. 04, 2016  1:54 AM)Alta Wrote: At some point I imagine Hasbro will make their own Beyloggers and Beylaunchers, it's shown frequently in the show and it won't get changed for the English release because unlike the Beyblades, the launchers and Beyloggers are hand-drawn elements and will not be changed.

I feel like if it was an important element in the show, they would have released it with the initial launch.

However given the quality of the launchers and some other cost-cutting elements used I don't think I would want to buy a Hasbro beylogger at this point. It would be cheaply done.
(Sep. 02, 2016  1:34 AM)Cake Wrote: I think Hasbro knows exactly what they are doing with these changes, and is making those changes in the interest of improving the metagame, not worsening it. Attack is in a sorry state right now - super-aggressive setups are suicidal because you're as likely to Burst yourself as your opponent, and the significant wear issues that plague Valkyrie and others certainly doesn't help. By buffing Burst Resistance in general, and making Attack wheels more aggressive to compensate, Bursting becomes less of "my Deathscyther combo bumped your Deathscyther combo funny and mine is newer than yours, so you Burst" and more of a reward for particularly devastating Attack hits. It shifts Bursting to be more of an Attack-based thing (as it should be), which allows matches involving less aggressive combos to focus more on Stamina and less on trying to avoid exploding at the drop of a hat. Hasbro is making the three types more distinct and making the gameplay a little more predictable and rock-paper-scissors, which should hopefully reduce the spread of Stamina-hybrid Balance combos that have dominated both the WBO's metagame and Takara tournaments.
Yes, but it still sucks that I can't use my TT drivers in place of the Hasbro ones.
To be honest, the more the news came the more my attitude changed. I'm kind of curious not rather than resistant to this change. Only problem is these aren't being released down here until like 2017 or so. I'm not a patient man, Hasbro!
(Sep. 04, 2016  11:43 AM)Dracieleone Wrote: Yes, but it still sucks that I can't use my TT drivers in place of the Hasbro ones.

Yes, but punishing Hasbro for not releasing an inferior, fragile mechanism design to the entire world seems unfair to me, too.
(Sep. 02, 2016  1:34 AM)Cake Wrote: I think Hasbro knows exactly what they are doing with these changes, and is making those changes in the interest of improving the metagame, not worsening it. Attack is in a sorry state right now - super-aggressive setups are suicidal because you're as likely to Burst yourself as your opponent, and the significant wear issues that plague Valkyrie and others certainly doesn't help. By buffing Burst Resistance in general, and making Attack wheels more aggressive to compensate, Bursting becomes less of "my Deathscyther combo bumped your Deathscyther combo funny and mine is newer than yours, so you Burst" and more of a reward for particularly devastating Attack hits. It shifts Bursting to be more of an Attack-based thing (as it should be), which allows matches involving less aggressive combos to focus more on Stamina and less on trying to avoid exploding at the drop of a hat. Hasbro is making the three types more distinct and making the gameplay a little more predictable and rock-paper-scissors, which should hopefully reduce the spread of Stamina-hybrid Balance combos that have dominated both the WBO's metagame and Takara tournaments.
Sorry to say this again, but hasbro literally doesn't care about the meta in anyway. It's a toy, they changed to slopes so they don't get a slew of angry parents returning product a month after christmas. It just so happens these changes change the meta, they were not done with the meta in mind though.
Hasbro also has no reason to care about cross-compatibility as their target audience is western children, not the hardcore adults who research brand variations across the globe.
^ I completely agree about Hasbro not caring. It's usually all about the money, sadly. :\
(Sep. 04, 2016  10:54 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: ^ I completely agree about Hasbro not caring. It's usually all about the money, sadly. :\

The same is true for Takara-Tomy. At least Hasbro delivered a product that doesn't fail within days or weeks.
(Sep. 04, 2016  3:07 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2016  11:43 AM)Dracieleone Wrote: Yes, but it still sucks that I can't use my TT drivers in place of the Hasbro ones.

Yes, but punishing Hasbro for not releasing an inferior, fragile mechanism design to the entire world seems unfair to me, too.

1234beyblade made a video with the takara tomy drivers going into hasbro bursts. Is that not true?
(Sep. 04, 2016  1:27 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: I really hope hasbro releases some sort of different launcher. Possibly a Grip+String launcher hybrid?

I'd prefer the launchers and grips to be separate, but I'd take anything over these sorry launchers Habro are giving us.
(Sep. 04, 2016  11:05 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2016  10:54 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: ^ I completely agree about Hasbro not caring. It's usually all about the money, sadly. :\

The same is true for Takara-Tomy. At least Hasbro delivered a product that doesn't fail within days or weeks.

True but TT had put in more effort than Hasbro ever did, IMO. But of course, I'm not stating that Hasbro is terrible at delivering products. They are usually successful.
As they should. Hasbro is paying TT for the product.
(Sep. 05, 2016  12:32 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: As they should. Hasbro is paying TT for the product.

Makes sense.
(Sep. 04, 2016  3:57 PM)Hypnofist Wrote:
Sorry to say this again, but hasbro literally doesn't care about the meta in anyway. It's a toy, they changed to slopes so they don't get a slew of angry parents returning product a month after christmas. It just so happens these changes change the meta, they were not done with the meta in mind though.

Hasbro does care about game balance because it directly affects their sales, and they certainly care about money. Kids aren't stupid - back when MFB released in the US, it didn't take long for the Bladers I knew to figure out what worked and what didn't; even with some anime-induced blindness to how the game actually plays, things spread via word-of-mouth or online indicating which Beyblades were good and which ones weren't worth buying. And this is all before I started using the WBO or Beywiki; it doesn't take that many rounds to figure out that Earth is good and Dark sucks, and information like that spreads quickly in schools and playgrounds everywhere. It's in Hasbro's best interest to keep kids hyped about good parts; if you're a kid whose friend has the cool super-strong Beyblade that beats yours during recess, you're definitely running to your parents to beg them to buy you one. The strongest evidence that we have to indicate that Hasbro has been deliberately reworking game balance is the modification of several Layers, like Valtryek V2's more aggressive fins. Making alterations to parts of the Beyblade that they really don't have to makes absolutely no sense from a financial perspective. That costs time, money, and personnel; the only reason they would even bother would be that they think adjusting the properties of several Layers would benefit their sales somehow. Better game balance = happier customers = fewer "bad" Beyblades left on shelves or being returned because they're competitively useless = more $$$ for Hasbro.
^ Agree so much.
(Sep. 05, 2016  3:44 AM)Cake Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2016  3:57 PM)Hypnofist Wrote:

Hasbro does care about game balance because it directly affects their sales, and they certainly care about money. Kids aren't stupid - back when MFB released in the US, it didn't take long for the Bladers I knew to figure out what worked and what didn't; even with some anime-induced blindness to how the game actually plays, things spread via word-of-mouth or online indicating which Beyblades were good and which ones weren't worth buying. And this is all before I started using the WBO or Beywiki; it doesn't take that many rounds to figure out that Earth is good and Dark sucks, and information like that spreads quickly in schools and playgrounds everywhere. It's in Hasbro's best interest to keep kids hyped about good parts; if you're a kid whose friend has the cool super-strong Beyblade that beats yours during recess, you're definitely running to your parents to beg them to buy you one. The strongest evidence that we have to indicate that Hasbro has been deliberately reworking game balance is the modification of several Layers, like Valtryek V2's more aggressive fins. Making alterations to parts of the Beyblade that they really don't have to makes absolutely no sense from a financial perspective. That costs time, money, and personnel; the only reason they would even bother would be that they think adjusting the properties of several Layers would benefit their sales somehow. Better game balance = happier customers = fewer "bad" Beyblades left on shelves or being returned because they're competitively useless = more $$$ for Hasbro.

Again, this isn't a game to hasbro, it's a toyline. Balance has nothing to do with toys. Regardless of if something sucks or not, kids will still buy beyblades. They don't care which beyblades sell, they care which sets, like two backs or battle sets sell, they REALLY don't care about which ones suck or not. If they really cared, they'd probably hand it off to wizards of the coast and have them do competitive blog articles and stuff like that. They don't though, because a balanced meta has nothing to do with toys.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but the sooner you stop deluding yourself into thinking hasbro cares, the sooner you'll feel better about the changes they make to products.