Hasbro's Beyblade Burst: OUT in Canada, First Photos [LOTS of images]

At a tru here in Kansas city l, they have two big Pty areas right where beyblades would be located. They should be out in the us soon.
(Sep. 02, 2016  1:47 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2016  1:22 PM)bigbangpegs Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2016  1:47 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: Well, if these come out in the UK then I'll grab myself a Triangle Stadium and V2 because they do look quite nice. I also want to get Hasbro R2 because I am curious about the new mold for Revolve (for at least according to some people).

It's a shame they don't look very appealing nor does it look like Hasbro put that much effort into Beyblade Burst but eh, what are you gonna do... I hope they are durable enough because that would be good enough for me (although looking at Hato's Hasbro V2, it's not looking too bright).

EDIT: If these do break as easily as TT then not only would that be bad news for us but also for it's target audience (young kids) which would really hurt it.

I don't think that the v2 was damaged. It was the unicrest layer

I didn't say it was damaged... I'm just saying that Hato's Hasbro V2 has stress marks on it which may imply some possible breakability.

Plz show me this, see, I didn't know about the stress marks on V2 at all
(Sep. 02, 2016  4:27 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2016  4:24 PM)jq10017 Wrote: Ok but do u think it will come out when the show comes out in america.

Beyblade burst hasbro I mean

Absolutely, it is just a matter of time. Hasbro's headquarters are located in Canada, which is probably why their soft launch is happening here first.

Hasbro's HQ'd in Rhode Island haha. Don't see why the tops would come out there first besides the show probably being dubbed in Canada by Nelvana, so maybe that's why.
(Sep. 02, 2016  6:01 PM)PidgeotWiz Wrote: Hasbro's HQ'd in Rhode Island haha. Don't see why the tops would come out there first besides the show probably being dubbed in Canada by Nelvana, so maybe that's why.

Unless I'm mistaken, Nelvana doesn't do the show anymore. Didn't Sunrights get it? So Both Hasbro AND Sunrights are based in the US. Dang Canadians stealing our Beys XD
(Sep. 02, 2016  8:19 PM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2016  6:01 PM)PidgeotWiz Wrote: Hasbro's HQ'd in Rhode Island haha. Don't see why the tops would come out there first besides the show probably being dubbed in Canada by Nelvana, so maybe that's why.

Unless I'm mistaken, Nelvana doesn't do the show anymore. Didn't Sunrights get it? So Both Hasbro AND Sunrights are based in the US. Dang Canadians stealing our Beys XD

You're right on that one. I was just thinking since Nelvana made every other previous season, maybe that's why.
(Sep. 02, 2016  6:01 PM)PidgeotWiz Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2016  4:27 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2016  4:24 PM)jq10017 Wrote: Ok but do u think it will come out when the show comes out in america.

Beyblade burst hasbro I mean

Absolutely, it is just a matter of time. Hasbro's headquarters are located in Canada, which is probably why their soft launch is happening here first.

Hasbro's HQ'd in Rhode Island haha. Don't see why the tops would come out there first besides the show probably being dubbed in Canada by Nelvana, so maybe that's why.

I suppose it is, hah. I think I just always saw exclusively the Canadian address on all the products we had, despite them not being "the Canadian versions".

Zankye actually got some really interesting information: apparently Toys "R" Us Canada struck a deal strictly to be able to release them first, on time for Fan Expo. It was even Toys "R" Us running the #HasbroStore there, not Hasbro themselves. Therefore, in his opinion, whatever shipment the Canadian stores received is going to be the last one until the official release, for which we still have no information at all. Therefore, the toys are not even 'officially' out in Canada, this is a sort of leak.

That is still no reason for Hasbro to be so absent, unless that deal was struck litterally a week ago and it was too short-notice to arrange anything and they sent Toys "R" Us the least finished visual material they had ready.
(Sep. 02, 2016  9:36 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Zankye actually got some really interesting information: apparently Toys "R" Us Canada struck a deal strictly to be able to release them first, on time for Fan Expo. It was even Toys "R" Us running the #HasbroStore there, not Hasbro themselves. Therefore, in his opinion, whatever shipment the Canadian stores received is going to be the last one until the official release, for which we still have no information at all. Therefore, the toys are not even 'officially' out in Canada, this is a sort of leak.

That is still no reason for Hasbro to be so absent, unless that deal was struck litterally a week ago and it was too short-notice to arrange anything and they sent Toys "R" Us the least finished visual material they had ready.

Interesting, so is the page on Toys R Us Canada website that says "Coming September 2016" referring to this leak or the actual release date? I wouldn't be surprised that TRU struck a deal, but still it seems a little odd for only a handful of stores to release them.
Actually almost all stores in Canada should get them right now, from what I understand, otherwise I do not know why the province of Québec would be included since Fan Expo was only in Ontario.

However, that is one of the weird things: why do everything to strike a deal in time for Fan Expo, but then also just rush-release the items in mass everywhere in the country.
(Sep. 02, 2016  10:16 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Actually almost all stores in Canada should get them right now, from what I understand, otherwise I do not know why the province of Québec would be included since Fan Expo was only in Ontario.

However, that is one of the weird things: why do everything to strike a deal in time for Fan Expo, but then also just rush-release the items in mass everywhere in the country.

Idk, if there was a deal... it was definitely botched. The fan expo marketing was awful, no word from Hasbro on anything... just bad.
well hopefully we do get burst sometime within the next 2 weeks in the US. also hoping Hasbro does do string launchers and grips sometime either at US launch or very soon afterwards. Still waiting to see what they do with xeno xclaibur and the sword launcher, maybe we'll get winder's eventually though unlikely unless they finally decide to get rid of ripcords. Unhappy
It's frustrating that Hasbro's blades are clearly superior in durability and burst resistance, but they can't compare to TT aesthetically, most of them look fake. If all Hasbro blades looked as good as their K2 I'd have no problems, the Hasbro K2 has a good degree of detail and a number of different colors, it vexes me that they couldn't go the extra mile to make the other Layers/Dual Layers at least on par with that.

R2 only has two paint colors over the base plastic and no gradients, meanwhile K2 has a gradient spreading from the center, two-toned gradient flames, white paint for the K, and yellow for the eyes.
(Sep. 03, 2016  1:09 AM)Alta Wrote: It's frustrating that Hasbro's blades are clearly superior in durability and burst resistance, but they can't compare to TT aesthetically, most of them look fake. If all Hasbro blades looked as good as their K2 I'd have no problems, the Hasbro K2 has a good degree of detail and a number of different colors, it vexes me that they couldn't go the extra mile to make the other Layers/Dual Layers at least on par with that.

R2 only has two paint colors over the base plastic and no gradients, meanwhile K2 has a gradient spreading from the center, two-toned gradient flames, white paint for the K, and yellow for the eyes.

Agreed 100%
So despite saying the other day that I probably wasn't going to buy hasbro burst (due to the initial pics they looked less visually appealing and due to cost.

I went to my local TRU (Kingston ON) and they had burst products. The display was really small but was placed near the entrance of the store.

I picked up a Valtek/Valkyrie V2. A. Because I don't have it yet. B. Based on other posts, the tip was more durable.

My initial impressions is, I don't like the launcher. It's just to small to hold. Good thing I can use my TT launcher
The layer easily twists on to the base so I don't think "bursting is rare" as it says on the instruction page.
I initially didn't like the bold V on the layer especially from the pre release poster. It looked too bold but seeing it as is, it's not to bad. I just wish there were more colours on V2 wings.

In terms of compatibility, I am able to fit the hasbro variable driver on my TT valkyrie layer but I CANT put my TT acel driver on my hasbro V2 layer.

Also, I stopped into Walmart but they don't have Burst stuff. Looks like only TRU so far
(Sep. 03, 2016  3:21 AM)Captain_Pancake Wrote: So despite saying the other day that I probably wasn't going to buy hasbro burst (due to the initial pics they looked less visually appealing and due to cost.

I went to my local TRU (Kingston ON) and they had burst products. The display was really small but was placed near the entrance of the store.

I picked up a Valtek/Valkyrie V2. A. Because I don't have it yet. B. Based on other posts, the tip was more durable.

My initial impressions is, I don't like the launcher. It's just to small to hold. Good thing I can use my TT launcher
The layer easily twists on to the base so I don't think "bursting is rare" as it says on the instruction page.
I initially didn't like the bold V on the layer especially from the pre release poster. It looked too bold but seeing it as is, it's not to bad. I just wish there were more colours on V2 wings.

In terms of compatibility, I am able to fit the hasbro variable driver on my TT valkyrie layer but I CANT put my TT acel driver on my hasbro V2 layer.

Also, I stopped into Walmart but they don't have Burst stuff. Looks like only TRU so far

Great to know that you were able to pick up a Valktrek. Grin

It's good that you were able to use a Hasbro Burst bey with a TT launcher.
As for compatibility, that sucks. It annoys me so much that we aren't completely able to mix up parts from both Hasbro and TT. And as for the fact of "bursting is rare", that literally destroys the point of Beyblade Burst.

I seriously hope Hasbro can fix this but I don't think that's plausible since they already released Burst.

i'm still in high hopes for that though.
(Sep. 03, 2016  3:21 AM)Captain_Pancake Wrote: My initial impressions is, I don't like the launcher. It's just to small to hold. Good thing I can use my TT launcher
This is where I think I'm screwed. I really dislike TT's design of their launchers. They took a giant step forward in quality, back took a step back in ergonomics. The light launcher is a cube, and I really can't hold it normally, and the string launcher is really long. That's just my opinion though.
If you put Hasbro drivers on TT Beyblades, are they easier to burst?
(Sep. 03, 2016  5:09 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2016  3:21 AM)Captain_Pancake Wrote: My initial impressions is, I don't like the launcher. It's just to small to hold. Good thing I can use my TT launcher
This is where I think I'm screwed. I really dislike TT's design of their launchers. They took a giant step forward in quality, back took a step back in ergonomics. The light launcher is a cube, and I really can't hold it normally, and the string launcher is really long. That's just my opinion though.

get a launcher grip, unless you don't like the way they feel or something.(just trying to help)

(Sep. 03, 2016  5:04 AM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2016  3:21 AM)Captain_Pancake Wrote: So despite saying the other day that I probably wasn't going to buy hasbro burst (due to the initial pics they looked less visually appealing and due to cost.

Great to know that you were able to pick up a Valktrek. Grin

It's good that you were able to use a Hasbro Burst bey with a TT launcher.
As for compatibility, that sucks. It annoys me so much that we aren't completely able to mix up parts from both Hasbro and TT. And as for the fact of "bursting is rare", that literally destroys the point of Beyblade Burst.

I seriously hope Hasbro can fix this but I don't think that's plausible since they already released Burst.

i'm still in high hopes for that though.

yes this does ruin the point of burst a little bit but I've heard there are so many beys from TT that burst too easily or their teeth wear out too quickly. maybe if they could find a middle ground between TT and Hasbro's current versions it would be more balanced for blades like Wild Wyvern or Rising Ragnorok.

I'm going to post some pics later of how to hold the Light Launcher comfortably haha. I'm telling you, it's great! But also, you could try using a grip. The carabiner grip with the small nub from the rubber trigger set is really nice.
Nobody on this page has been able to spell Valtryek properly, what a great sign for the future hah. And obviously it shows how bad or at least counter-intuitive the name changes are.

By the way, according to Zankye's source, there might be Hasbro representatives holding demos inside Toys "R" Us stores in Canada on September 10th, to coincide with the start of the anime broadcast on Teletoon.

And the deal Toys "R" Us stroke was actually not recent, really not last-minute, so there is no excuse for the lack of advertisement or lack of involvement from Hasbro Canada...
To everybody saying they are "harder to burst" and that "burst is ruined"; let's not jump to conclusions. They seem to burst normally when using a long winder from my testings and play. They may be a bit harder, but not 'bursting after 20 rounds' hard.

(Sep. 03, 2016  5:40 AM)Leo Burst Wrote: If you put Hasbro drivers on TT Beyblades, are they easier to burst?

They click much easier, so I would assume they burst easier.
(Sep. 03, 2016  3:30 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

I'm going to post some pics later of how to hold the Light Launcher comfortably haha. I'm telling you, it's great! But also, you could try using a grip. The carabiner grip with the small nub from the rubber trigger set is really nice.

I got this.
(I think heh)

[Image: 35de05j.jpg]
Index finger at 1
Thumb at 2
Middle finger at 3
Just be sure to keep your fingers clear from the winder, and you're good.
I think that's how I hold it too, although I pull towards me.
Just don't compare the Beys with Takara and you'll enjoy them, trust me. Grin
(Sep. 04, 2016  12:46 AM)PlayGoEveryday Wrote: Just don't compare the Beys with Takara and you'll enjoy them, trust me. Grin

I'm loving mine so far. The new Burst mechanism is really great. Having a Valkyrie — er, Valtryrek — that I can use perpetually is as game-changing as I expected it to be.

Stadium (I got the big yellow one) doesn't seem great and the launchers are embarrassingly bad, and are likely the true reason "bursting is rare." I don't find them to burst any less than TT's releases at full speed. (Except Spryzen S2, which is actually good now). Hasbro's Revolve seems better to me, perhaps? Odax is a nerf.

But this is just conjecture. We'll be doing some tests and sharing the results soon.
I really hope hasbro releases some sort of different launcher. Possibly a Grip+String launcher hybrid?