Hasbro's Beyblade Burst: OUT in Canada, First Photos [LOTS of images]

Thanks for sharing these photos. I would've appreciated if Hasbro did not make any changes, but oh boy Uncertain

The only thing I'm happy about is that I was able to purchase plenty (~20) of burst stadiums before they get out of stock
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:52 PM)ashton pinto Wrote: Thanks for sharing these photos. I would've appreciated if Hasbro did not make any changes, but oh boy Uncertain

The only thing I'm happy about is that I was able to purchase plenty (~20) of burst stadiums before they get out of stock

I agree Completely however I do think Hasbro did good with Victory Valkyrie's performance tip making it out of a better rubber
Where are you guys finding the beyblades? I just called the toys r us location in mississauga (the one near square one) they said that they'll probably have it in 1-2 weeks
My BeyHunting video Grin

(Sep. 01, 2016  6:01 PM)ali12345456 Wrote: Where are you guys finding the beyblades? I just called the toys r us location in mississauga (the one near square one) they said that they'll probably have it in 1-2 weeks

Dufferin Mall and Argentia.
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:35 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:23 PM)Burst Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:17 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Made in Vietnam, too. Wonder if it's the same factory as TT?
That's what I was just guessing now ! But was it the same factory in MFB ?
Not sure about that actually.

They were both in China, which was very vague, but I did hear that it was the same factory during Metal Fight Beyblade too.
Oh Thanks for the information V !
Also first they used to Write 'Made In China' And now It is 'Made in Vietnam' on the Boxes I.e the Takara Tomy Ones but not sure what they are Printing on Hasbro ones ? Any one noticed if its Vietnam or China on Hasbro Packaging ?
I really like the new colors but I have to admit that some of them look fake. The stadium looks cool but it reminds me a bit of a plant pot. It´s sad that they come with a proto-launcher-like launcher. Also the prices are very high in my opinion. I probably will buy some.
not really a fan of the colors too much. like Spriggan is cool but other wise meh. i'll probably buy 2 Hasbro blades then just buy TT regardless of how much better Hasbro's are battle wise.
(Sep. 01, 2016  6:40 PM)TL14 Wrote: Also the prices are very high in my opinion. I probably will buy some.

This is the WBO summed up
I'm not sure if this is just a US thing or is also in Canada, but TRU has a tendency to sell products for about 10-20% more than other retailers do (presumably the trade-off for their early access and better availability). Once Burst gets more widely released (I'm guessing it will be on 9/9/16, Hasbro's traditional product launch date for the next Christmas season), you will probably find starters going for closer to CAD 13.50 in non-TRU stores.
Yeah, Toys R Us is definitely on the more expensive end here in Canada as well.
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:27 PM)Hato Wrote: Just got back from Toys 'R' Us and found them! They were not on shelves, but still in boxes;

[Image: 33kgd36.jpg]

I was lucky to get first pick on these, and decided to buy three beys; Valtryek and Unicrest 2 pack, and Valtryek V2;

[Image: wmmtyc.jpg]

Can't wait to get home and test these!

These are exactly what I would choose
These r sadly not in any Georgia toys r us yet but they said they don't know until the day before the truck comes so I don't know. Tell me if anyone is in Georgia and found one at a toys r us

I also called hasbro and they said they haven't officially released it yet in any stores so I guess some stores got it way early then.
(Sep. 01, 2016  10:29 PM)jq10017 Wrote: These r sadly not in any Georgia toys r us yet but they said they don't know until the day before the truck comes so I don't know. Tell me if anyone is in Georgia and found one at a toys r us

I also called hasbro and they said they haven't officially released it yet in any stores so I guess some stores got it way early then.

They're only in canada right now, US launch is later. No idea when, but most likely before christmas. Someone mentioned that september 9th is hasbro's typical christmas season product launch date.
Ok thanks

So do u think toys r us is going 5o bring back the tournaments they had.
It's pretty clear Hasbro is making as many penny saving measures as possible. It's pretty disgusting tbh. We should form a Blader Union and demand better lol. Not really, there's much more pressing things to union on. Hasbro is gonna mess over the consumer regardless of protests because the kids will keep asking for them and the parents will keep buying them. I just hope they don't ruin the entire hobby.

Nah, but we should seriously seize the means of production, and overthrow Hasbro.
(Sep. 02, 2016  12:47 AM)TheVicatorian Wrote: It's pretty clear Hasbro is making as many penny saving measures as possible. It's pretty disgusting tbh. We should form a Blader Union and demand better lol. Not really, there's much more pressing things to union on. Hasbro is gonna mess over the consumer regardless of protests because the kids will keep asking for them and the parents will keep buying them. I just hope they don't ruin the entire hobby.

Nah, but we should seriously seize the means of production, and overthrow Hasbro.

lol

I actually don't know if I'm that certain these are cost-cutting measures. Takara-Tomy isn't exactly being generous with anyone either.
(Sep. 02, 2016  12:47 AM)TheVicatorian Wrote: It's pretty clear Hasbro is making as many penny saving measures as possible. It's pretty disgusting tbh. We should form a Blader Union and demand better lol. Not really, there's much more pressing things to union on. Hasbro is gonna mess over the consumer regardless of protests because the kids will keep asking for them and the parents will keep buying them. I just hope they don't ruin the entire hobby.

Take down the dictatorship, institute a democratic union. lol

Didn't Hasbro make Hyperblades due to outrage and low sales for the carp that was Metal Fury? If not, why did they release Hyperblades?
(Sep. 02, 2016  12:49 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:

Didn't Hasbro make Hyperblades due to outrage and low sales for the carp that was Metal Fury? If not, why did they release Hyperblades?

I'm in. when, where, and how are we doin this
(Sep. 02, 2016  12:49 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:

Democracy should always prevail! Grin
From my understanding, they made Hyperblades to capitalize off of the original sales by saying "Hey, we're releasing these cool new versions of Beyblades you bought before, and they have this really cool new unseen system that's just like the show." It was under the guise of being pro-consumer, but I'm sure it was a calculated plan Hasbro had from the beginning to make as much money as they could... I mean, that's what corporations like Hasbro are supposed to do. Their target demographic is kids, kids aren't really gonna get outraged over this kind of thing. They're just happy to have cool new versions of toys for the most part. I could go deeper in analysis, but that's not really the place for this lol.
Let's go we will use the hasbro beyblades burst against them and conquer and shape it the way we want it to be lol.

No offense, but hasbro doesn't care about this community. This is a toyline, not a game. It will never be marketed as a game in the west because hasbro owns 2 of the 3 most recognizable tabletop games in the world, they make pleny of game money off of that, and probably won't gamble on new stuff much after duel masters/kaijudo both flopped.

I'm sorry to be harsh or anything, but all the people complaing, saying "what was hasbro thinking?!", are asking poor questions. Hasbro doesn't care about a "meta" or anything, these are toys, plain and simple. They aren't ripping people off, the product quality is probably similar enough that it won't make much of a difference. Again, these are toys, as long as they don't break super fast, they'll make a truckload off of the kids that enjoy the anime.

If you want to try and make a difference though, make some content, more than just videos, this site needs written content too. As well as including hasbro's twitter when things are tweeted out. They have people paying attention to social media, you just need to get their attention. It might not do much, but it might still get their attention, and things could change farther down the line. A product launch is the perfect time to get their attention too.

Sorry, I'm just sick of people fraking out over small changes and acting like hasbro shot their dog, when it's not even that big a deal, just deal with it and have fun with the beyblades, that's why your here in the first place.
I think he was being somewhat facetious, considering his signature and overall theme ... haha

Most of what you said is reasonable. This isn't a huge disaster or anything and Hasbro clearly put some thought into the design changes. And yeah, Beyblade is a toy and while I'm sure Takara-Tomy is more concerned with the metagame due to them actually hosting tournaments and promoting them in the show, it's not the guiding light of either company.

The design changes seem smart, too, and you can bet Takara-Tomy was involved. However, I do get the sense that when we wished for Hasbro to fix the teeth wear issues, we wished on a dead monkey's paw lol. It's irrelevant to the broader market, but the lack of compatibility with TT Drivers is pretty depressing.
(Sep. 02, 2016  1:12 AM)Hypnofist Wrote: No offense, but hasbro doesn't care about this community. This is a toyline, not a game. It will never be marketed as a game in the west because hasbro owns 2 of the 3 most recognizable tabletop games in the world, they make pleny of game money off of that, and probably won't gamble on new stuff much after duel masters/kaijudo both flopped.

I'm sorry to be harsh or anything, but all the people complaing, saying "what was hasbro thinking?!", are asking poor questions. Hasbro doesn't care about a "meta" or anything, these are toys, plain and simple. They aren't ripping people off, the product quality is probably similar enough that it won't make much of a difference. Again, these are toys, as long as they don't break super fast, they'll make a truckload off of the kids that enjoy the anime.

If you want to try and make a difference though, make some content, more than just videos, this site needs written content too. As well as including hasbro's twitter when things are tweeted out. They have people paying attention to social media, you just need to get their attention. It might not do much, but it might still get their attention, and things could change farther down the line. A product launch is the perfect time to get their attention too.

Sorry, I'm just sick of people fraking out over small changes and acting like hasbro shot their dog, when it's not even that big a deal, just deal with it and have fun with the beyblades, that's why your here in the first place.

That was the joke. I was making a joke. This isn't a serious matter, Hasbro doesn't care about consumers, they care about $$$$. There are much more better causes and reasons to Unionize than Hasbro making anti-consumer choices lol.

(Sep. 02, 2016  1:14 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think he was being somewhat facetious, considering his signature and overall theme ... haha

Most of what you said is reasonable. This isn't a huge disaster or anything and Hasbro clearly put some thought into the design changes. And yeah, Beyblade is a toy and while I'm sure Takara-Tomy is more concerned with the metagame due to them actually hosting tournaments and promoting them in the show, it's not the guiding light of either company.

The design changes seem smart, too, and you can bet Takara-Tomy was involved. However, I do get the sense that when we wished for Hasbro to fix the teeth wear issues, we wished on a dead monkey's paw lol. It's irrelevant to the broader market, but the lack of compatibility with TT Drivers is pretty depressing.

Precisely lol
(Sep. 02, 2016  1:12 AM)Hypnofist Wrote:

No offense, but hasbro doesn't care about this community. This is a toyline, not a game. It will never be marketed as a game in the west because hasbro owns 2 of the 3 most recognizable tabletop games in the world, they make pleny of game money off of that, and probably won't gamble on new stuff much after duel masters/kaijudo both flopped.

Much agree with you there, sir. All I'm seeing are negatives even though most people haven't even gotten their hands on them to see if they like it or not!
We're just giving our initial thoughts because you really can't expect people to not say anything when it's a new release, even if most don't have them, since they aren't out in their stores yet.

Yeah I know, these toys are mainly just for kids for some fun, and even as a person who doesn't take blading too seriously, it's just really disappointing to not have a good alternative to the TT ones. On their own, I suppose it's usable but it's not appealing IMO. Just because it was intended for a specific audience doesn't mean we can't voice our thoughts on it, although I think I've overdone it at this point.