Hasbro's Beyblade Burst "Energy Layers" have no teeth, "bursting is rare" [UPDATED]

WBO members @[1234beyblade] and @[Kei] got their hands on the new Hasbro Beyblade Burst releases as well, and we have some really strange and unfortunate news: Hasbro's Beyblade Burst releases seem to have no teeth at all, but are instead solid parts sloped at an incline. Each Layer has a unique slope to offer different burst-resistance.

[Image: hasbro_s2_slopes4.jpg]
(Image source: Nocto)

The instruction guide also includes a note that "bursting is rare", and our preliminary tests indicate the same. There's no indication that this design bursts more often than the Japanese designs.

[Image: 5YyfPAc.jpg]

We can also now confirm that there is no cross-compatibility between Hasbro and Takara-Tomy parts with the exception of Disks. Hasbro Energy Layers work with Hasbro Performance Tips, and Takara-Tomy Layers work with Takara-Tomy Drivers.

However, Japanese launchers will work.
Wow... now there is absolutely nothing good about these Layers.

Oh and I've also noticed that V2 is not reinforced... ugh! Well, thanks for the images anyway Brad, Kei and 1234beyblade.
WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT?! Beyblade Burst have no teeth? Guess it reflects the horrible aesthetics.

Thanks Brad, Kei and 1234Beyblade.
Man can only dream... Unhappy

[Image: ezgif_291797674.gif]
Woah, this was extremely unexpected... I wonder how they are supposed to work... I can't even think of a way the Driver would work like this.
At least... they won't wear right LOL? But Dual Layer teeth don't easily wear anyway!
I'm done.
Can't say anything about it yet, all I know is that they don't burst immediately on contact or anything.
Just because it has slopes, doesn't mean it automatically is bad guys.
Do these layers work with TT drivers?
Yeah I know it's friction based rather than teeth, but what was wrong with teeth? Where they too hard to click on? They don't wear that quickly that's for sure, DL teeth I mean.
WOW that is terrible news...Thanks for the info.

So they will burst depending on the driver's spring tension?? And the layers will just slide instead of click? Will these be tournament legal?! I have so many questions lol. Anxiously waiting for results...
Oh illinuc, I really hope you are right about the slope being "good" because so far, I'm not convinced. I know 1234 said it doesn't burst immediately but I still don't think it's saying a lot.

TBH, I'm starting to appreciate fake Bursts a little more because they were closer to TT's stuff.
(Sep. 01, 2016  1:29 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: Just because it has slopes, doesn't mean it automatically is bad guys.

It might level out all the layers in terms of burst resistance so it could be good.
No teeth? ok so it's good or bad?
Hmm does this mean that only Hasbro parts won't work with TT parts
(Sep. 01, 2016  1:38 AM){YT}EnderBlader Wrote: Hmm does this mean that only Hasbro parts won't work with TT parts

I think they will be compatible. Or at least hope
Anyone noticed that V2 is not reinforced ?

EDIT : Nevermind, haven't seen Brad's post on the other topic.
I mean... I guess maybe the slopes would allow the momentum of the disk to click it back fully which could be good but that's just a theory.
Hasbro, you had one job; to give Valkryie better teeth. AND NOW THERE'S NONE.

EXPLAIN

New Mexico land fill confirmed.
(Sep. 01, 2016  1:40 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: Anyone noticed that V2 is not reinforced ?

EDIT : Nevermind, haven't seen Brad's post on the other topic.

I've already pointed it out in here...
(Sep. 01, 2016  1:48 AM)Hato Wrote: Hasbro, you had one job; to give Valkryie better teeth. AND NOW THERE'S NONE.

New Mexico land fill confirmed.

Haha XD
I've only got the freshest and dankest memes for you guys
[Image: BSkUmWs.png]
I would stress that everyone not jump to conclusions regarding performance. We know there's resistance, they don't just burst immediately. Maybe this is an improvement? Either way, it's a notable change and will likely have severe impact on the playability of either Hasbro or TT parts.
(Sep. 01, 2016  1:44 AM)Jinbee Wrote: I mean... I guess maybe the slopes would allow the momentum of heavy disks to click it back fully which could be good but that's just a theory.

Like I said... but at the same time a super hard it may result in Insta Burst, but I'll have to see.