HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day - July 17th and WBO OP Official Rules Release 4.0!

(Jul. 04, 2011  12:38 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Regarding the new updated rules;

Is it permitted to change the mode of HF/S, CH120, TH170 when it is attached on the launcher for the initial round of the BeyBattle?

Moreover, is the last minute mode change of HF/S, CH120, TH170 permitted when both opponents have chosen spin direction(both Gravity/Vari Ares combos) evoked by the stalling clause?

Yes, but in this situation, as is written in the rules, the judge should start counting down to "Go Shoot" or "Let it rip" regardless of whether the two Bladers are just waiting to launch or if they are still changing modes. After four minutes, the match begins, and if you launch too late, you lose the round.
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:17 AM)Kei Wrote: Standard Rules | Universal Rules

This is a huge update, so let me outline all of the changes here:

The Super Attack Stadium is no longer legal in the Standard Format.
The Triple Battle Type Stadium is now legal for all formats.

Umm, the BeyStadium Matrix hasn't changed...

Also, this seems really cool! Now I have a reason to ask about the Weight Disk(?) I have. Too bad I won't be there. Crying
(Jul. 04, 2011  12:51 PM)Odin Wrote: Umm, the BeyStadium Matrix hasn't changed...

Yes, it has ? I edited it myself, and I just looked at the .PDF document again.
(Jul. 04, 2011  12:46 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Yes, but in this situation, as is written in the rules, the judge should start counting down to "Go Shoot" or "Let it rip" regardless of whether the two Bladers are just waiting to launch or if they are still changing modes. After four minutes, the match begins, and if you launch too late, you lose the round.

Situation:

So after the first round is over, the stalling clause must be evoked between 2 players, one using Gravity Perseus CH120RF, the other using Gravity Perseus TH170HF/S in order to pick spin direction in secrecy. How do they go about changing modes?
Ohh. I misread the thing. Sorry...
(Jul. 04, 2011  12:58 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Situation:

So after the first round is over, the stalling clause must be evoked between 2 players, one using Gravity Perseus CH120RF, the other using Gravity Perseus TH170HF/S in order to pick spin direction in secrecy. How do they go about changing modes?

Stalling Clause after the first round should be fifteen seconds maximum. Between rounds, you are only supposed to pick up your Beyblade, do one or two changes, attach it back to your launcher and launch.
(Jul. 04, 2011  1:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

Stalling Clause after the first round should be fifteen seconds maximum. Between rounds, you are only supposed to pick up your Beyblade, do one or two changes, attach it back to your launcher and launch.

I'm not sure you are understanding me. If both beyblades have the mode change ability, how are they going to be able to choose their modes.
I went mad when I was reading this.
Great job, and I wish it is in HK.
(Jul. 04, 2011  1:11 PM)BladeStorm Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2011  1:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

I'm not sure you are understanding me. If both beyblades have the mode change ability, how are they going to be able to choose their modes.

By locking/changing the TH170, HF/S and Ch120 with out disassembling...? And its legal to change the BeyLaunhcer LR.
(Jul. 04, 2011  1:35 PM)® Wrote: By locking/changing the TH170, HF/S and Ch120 with out disassembling...? And its legal to change the BeyLaunhcer LR.

But when both players have the ability to do this? player A may switch to HF, player B switches to CH145 to counter it, an infinite loop.
(Jul. 04, 2011  1:48 PM)BladeStorm Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2011  1:35 PM)® Wrote: By locking/changing the TH170, HF/S and Ch120 with out disassembling...? And its legal to change the BeyLaunhcer LR.

But when both players have the ability to do this? player A may switch to HF, player B switches to CH145 to counter it, an infinite loop.
(Jul. 04, 2011  12:46 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Yes, but in this situation, as is written in the rules, the judge should start counting down to "Go Shoot" or "Let it rip" regardless of whether the two Bladers are just waiting to launch or if they are still changing modes. After four minutes, the match begins, and if you launch too late, you lose the round.
Kai-V clearly said the judges should just start the match. If you can't make it into the stadium because you were too busy trying to change modes, your loss.
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:10 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Kai-V clearly said the judges should just start the match. If you can't make it into the stadium because you were too busy trying to change modes, your loss.

I must be missing something HUGE. Both players will be at the stadium, both trying to change modes simultaneously.
Um, yeah, I hope they have fast hands.
I don't think you're allowed to change modes once you attach to the launcher, so once you both exit Stalling Clause you can't change the mode or the parts. If you went into stalling clause in the first round you are likely going to choose your mode blind for the following rounds.
I have a question. If you have a Gravity Perseus, and you don't have a LR launcher, can you change to another launcher? I have a bey launcher (right spin) and a Hasbro LDrago launcher. Can you change that launcher?
Come on, my HMS and plastics was long gone. O well good luck.
I really hope we can get one in NC! Titan's the only person I know with these. Hopefully he'll let me use one of his... Anyway, EPIC!
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't think you're allowed to change modes once you attach to the launcher, so once you both exit Stalling Clause you can't change the mode or the parts. If you went into stalling clause in the first round you are likely going to choose your mode blind for the following rounds.
We were talking about this during Crusade, I think it was.

The advantage of having parts that can change modes would be that you can select the different modes prior to attaching and selecting.

Realistically, when are you going to find two people who have two change parts? Even so, there is generally one mode over the other that would be stronger than any other and that should be the one that is used.

It is an extremely rare case in which the judge should just start counting down instead of wasting time by doing another stalling clause for parts modes.
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:08 PM)@ngle Wrote: I have a question. If you have a Gravity Perseus, and you don't have a LR launcher, can you change to another launcher? I have a bey launcher (right spin) and a Hasbro LDrago launcher. Can you change that launcher?
No your switching launchers....it illegal anyway and really your taking them off on your launcher but your allowed to switch launcher with same Item. But if your launcher is TT you must change to the same TT launcher But Hasbro too common so it easy to switch but it only allowed under Judge decision
Awesome. I is very happy to see this! Looks like the wolborg ms and dems that I bought were worth it! Now if somebody could just sell me a RBA2 set...

Anyways, I'm in NY that day (going to Pennsylvania next day and 3 weeks after), so hopefully there shall be a tourney! Doesn't matter though. I'll be playing in remembrance anyways!
(Jul. 04, 2011  4:02 PM)Galaxy4ever Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:08 PM)@ngle Wrote: I have a question. If you have a Gravity Perseus, and you don't have a LR launcher, can you change to another launcher? I have a bey launcher (right spin) and a Hasbro LDrago launcher. Can you change that launcher?
No your switching launchers....it illegal anyway and really your taking them off on your launcher but your allowed to switch launcher with same Item. But if your launcher is TT you must change to the same TT launcher But Hasbro too common so it easy to switch but it only allowed under Judge decision

Oh, okay.
(Jul. 04, 2011  4:21 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Awesome. I is very happy to see this! Looks like the wolborg ms and dems that I bought were worth it! Now if somebody could just sell me a RBA2 set...
!

we all want that set lol
Did this start because of me ragekio, were going on about plastic tournaments lol.
(Jul. 04, 2011  5:22 PM)poseidon Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2011  4:21 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Awesome. I is very happy to see this! Looks like the wolborg ms and dems that I bought were worth it! Now if somebody could just sell me a RBA2 set...
!

we all want that set lol
Did this start because of me ragekio, were going on about plastic tournaments lol.
According to Kei, this has been an idea for a few months now.
YAY TRIPLE STADIUM LEGALITY.
How does it compare to the TT Attack?

I'd love to have hosted a plastics tourney, but there's no one out here with enough Unhappy Those beylotto prizes are AMAZING!

Oh man, I love your new avatars too guys Smile

Edit: Okay, gonna try and bust my gut to get it to happen here. Just need seven more people and a few more beyblades. This is gonna be tough.
Also, now is probably the right time to bring this up: Why the carp are hidden spirit AR's Banned? Salamalyon's AR even had a random booster release! They're obviously intended to be used with regular beys, even if their bases are weird. Griffolyon's AR has some real nice smash, and I personally like it a lot.

Can we please get rid of the ridiculous ban on them? It's crazy IMO.
Liking the new rules and etc. but im so sad i got rid of all my old plastics...
Ahhhhh, I cant participate! oh well, and i cant get any plastics in time...
Suggestions?