HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day - July 17th and WBO OP Official Rules Release 4.0!

(Jul. 04, 2011  2:22 AM)Deikailo Wrote: But why no beypoints for it? It still requires knowledge and skills.

HMS/Plastics do indeed require knowledge and skill, but the Committee came to the decision that it would not be fair to process these tournaments in the BeyPoint System rankings, which up to this date, have been comprised entirely of Standard Format (MFB) tournaments. And considering that there will likely not be too many HMS/Plastics tournaments after HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day, it just doesn't make much sense to process them.

There is also the issue of the availability of parts. Many Bladers may not have the most competitive parts from each system, and because they are out of print, this is a semi-valid excuse in our minds.

If we had chosen to process them, I know for a fact that less people would have participated; myself included.

(Jul. 04, 2011  2:40 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Sorry for asking again, but will people have to pay an entry fee?

Yes.
Awesome! I really hope I can go to this! It's time to bring out the old plastics Tongue_out
aw Pity let me get my cousin to mail me Dranzer G anyway LOOKS FUN!
If we decide to host a tournament that day it has to be Plastic or HMS, correct? Just being clear. I unless ... MFB tournaments could take place on HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day ...
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:47 AM)♥ Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:38 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:37 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Wow, Kai-V your Avatar and Signature you made look great! <- Off Topic.

No, I made the new free avatars; Kei made the Committee's set of avatars and signatures.

LOOK AT OUR SWAG
I know right, it's beautiful! Can't wait to start somethin' up here if I can.

Thanks, Kei, for the answer!
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:22 AM)® Wrote: OOhhhh that IS sweet! Im so glad an Veteran. I supoort this for every year Cool dei, Beypointers and ranks is MFB system, not Plastic/HMS :p use your head. Also I know what you mean tho.
Guardian Odin, Bluezee, Raykon, Kei and I all remember the beyrank before it was for MFB. In fact, I remember when you didn't even have to be at a tournament, but every user had access to the rank. Some "veteran" you are.
Man, I'm so excited for this! I've got to break out all of my old beys and find some good combos XD

Wait, so is this what the tournament organizer thread was for?

EDIT: For the committee avis and sigs, Kei has a dranzer MS, <3 has a driger MS, and Kai-V has a...?

Actually, I can't tell...
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:52 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:22 AM)Deikailo Wrote: But why no beypoints for it? It still requires knowledge and skills.

HMS/Plastics do indeed require knowledge and skill, but the Committee came to the decision that it would not be fair to process these tournaments in the BeyPoint System rankings, which up to this date, have been comprised entirely of Standard Format (MFB) tournaments. And considering that there will likely not be too many HMS/Plastics tournaments after HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day, it just doesn't make much sense to process them.

There is also the issue of the availability of parts. Many Bladers may not have the most competitive parts from each system, and because they are out of print, this is a semi-valid excuse in our minds.

If we had chosen to process them, I know for a fact that less people would have participated; myself included.
1) I could totally run these montly AND I could make them nearly as large as MFB.

2) The same could be said for Takara Tomy parts. Most kids don't have access to buying online due to age so they are limited to Hasbro, which, as we know, are outclassed.

3) That's because I would totally steal your beypoints. Cool
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:16 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:52 AM)Kei Wrote:

1) I could totally run these montly AND I could make them nearly as large as MFB.

2) The same could be said for Takara Tomy parts. Most kids don't have access to buying online due to age so they are limited to Hasbro, which, as we know, are outclassed.

3) That's because I would totally steal your beypoints. Cool

1) If you did, then we might have something to talk about. Nevertheless, I should mention that despite the fact that we will most likely not be processing these, all hosts are to record results as normally would be done.

2) Yes, I realize this, but HMS/Plastic parts are now no longer being produced, and prices for them can be ridiculously high sometimes. You even can't buy them locally like you can at least do with MFB right now.

3) Serious

(Jul. 04, 2011  3:11 AM)Sparta Wrote: Wait, so is this what the tournament organizer thread was for?

EDIT: For the committee avis and sigs, Kei has a dranzer MS, <3 has a driger MS, and Kai-V has a...?

No. Wink

Kai-V has Death Gargoyle MS! And Blader DJ has Wyvern DJ in the background, of course. Daegor42 and Blitz will update their signatures/avatars as well as soon as they come online, I'm sure.
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:06 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:22 AM)® Wrote: OOhhhh that IS sweet! Im so glad an Veteran. I supoort this for every year Cool dei, Beypointers and ranks is MFB system, not Plastic/HMS :p use your head. Also I know what you mean tho.
Guardian Odin, Bluezee, Raykon, Kei and I all remember the beyrank before it was for MFB. In fact, I remember when you didn't even have to be at a tournament, but every user had access to the rank. Some "veteran" you are.

It doesnt have to be WBO/Beywiki related you know.. I was still part of it, thats all it matters.

EDIT: Kai-V must've took a while to make them, kudos.
Yes. PLASTIC IS BACK FOR TOURNIES. The plastics were awesome. And now there back in to action to remember. (but only of a while)
Anyway. About the new rules. I like them. The super attack looks annoying to me. The beys get stuck in those lines and don't go to the middle. and then it makes them boring. And I think its a great idea we can switch launchers. I like the new update moderators of WBO. Thanks
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:19 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:11 AM)Sparta Wrote: Wait, so is this what the tournament organizer thread was for?

No. Wink

Kai-V has Death Gargoyle MS! And Blader DJ has Wyvern DJ in the background, of course. Daegor42 and Blitz will update their signatures/avatars as well as soon as they come online, I'm sure.
Oh, I see it! Ok. I AM a little surprised that Kai-V didn't get Dranzer, seeing gow her username is Kai-V Tongue_out_wink

One question, if the tournament is an HMS tournament, can we still bring plastic beys? Or vice-versa?
Hey, are we going to get a face for attending? Like the Face of Days?

Should be a bitchip instead of a hexagon.

I also love how half of the rule changes are because of me. Bluezee and I are the resident problem children. Whoops!
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:34 AM)Sparta Wrote:

No. Wink

Oh, I see it! Ok. I AM a little surprised that Kai-V didn't get Dranzer, seeing gow her username is Kai-V Tongue_out_wink

One question, if the tournament is an HMS tournament, can we still bring plastic beys? Or vice-versa?
Just do both, back to back.
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:34 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Hey, are we going to get a face for attending? Like the Face of Days?

Should be a bitchip instead of a hexagon.
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:34 AM)Sparta Wrote:

No. Wink

Just do both, back to back.
LOVE THAT. Even better, the bit-chip symbol should have the initials "P/HMSRD"(Plastic/HMS remembrance day). Or something along those lines...

And I have no idea what you mean by "Back to back"...Chief 2002 - Hmm ...
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:34 AM)Sparta Wrote: One question, if the tournament is an HMS tournament, can we still bring plastic beys? Or vice-versa?

You can bring them if you'd like, but the tournament will either be HMS Format or Plastic Format.

(Jul. 04, 2011  3:34 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Hey, are we going to get a face for attending? Like the Face of Days?

Perhaps!
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:40 AM)Sparta Wrote: And I have no idea what you mean by "Back to back"...Chief 2002 - Hmm ...
Plastic tournament and then an HMS tournament. Two in a row, in the same day.
i hav 2 questions
1.now is ther going to be a big celebration on the website or just an epic tournament
2.why was july 17th chosen as the date

(btw is this an actual holiday if so sweet)
And the WBO gets even more awesome.

I mean seriously guys. This is too cool. The nostalgia is overwhelming... time to dig up some old Beys!

Since there's a boost in credit giveaway, I sense that this is the gate to the new campaign... if something like THIS is only the start, I'm carping myself in wonder... What could the campaign be?

Thank you Kai-V, Kei, Deagor42, and Blitz for your hard work to keep this place awesome. Can't wait.
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:45 AM)Von King Wrote: 2.why was july 17th chosen as the date

It's Kei's birthday present. Smug
Soooo are users mandated to pay the WBO fees to enter if this isn't a part of the beyrank?
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:49 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:45 AM)Von King Wrote: 2.why was july 17th chosen as the date

It's Kei's birthday present. Smug
Yours is High Park Throwdown 3 amirite? Sag going to make a comeback?

I'm kind of wanting to bake cupcakes, but they will be ruined with the way I drive.
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:53 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Soooo are users mandated to pay the WBO fees to enter if this isn't a part of the beyrank?

Yes. Paying for the Passport/$5 for one tournament doesn't just give you access to the BeyPoint System, you know that!
at last...its a long wait..XD
hail PLASTICS and HMS...
we got one tourney in malaysia..Smile
do we need beypassport too for this beylotto or just enough as participant?
how do we get cool avatar and signatures like kai-v's and kei's?
thats awesome...
thanks for the great news guys..
hail plsatics and hms!!!
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:53 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I'm kind of wanting to bake cupcakes, but they will be ruined with the way I drive.

I don't know, I've heard you make a mean cupcake. Make 'em Dragoon themed XD!

And I would think the regular fees apply, seeing as this is an official WBO tourney.

EDIT: Beaten to the core (Kei...)
(Jul. 04, 2011  4:01 AM)Benjohadi Wrote: do we need beypassport too for this beylotto or just enough as participant?

how do we get cool avatar and signatures like kai-v's and kei's?

You need one to participate in the tournaments (or you could pay $5), but for the BeyLotto, no, you do not need one!

You have to be a Committee member. Cool
[Image: hmsplasticsavatarblader.jpg]

hahahahaha oh my god

This is awesome guys! Good work! Makes me wish I still had my purple Death Gargoyle MS.

looking forward to hearing about the same 3 HMS combos being used by everyone